CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #3

+29
raushan
papapi
ametist
westav
gpw
Nell Belle
missy12
Madara200
CherokeeNative
ecossiepossie
Katie2
Just_21
ishi
hello clarice
Islander
AuntBella
One Wonders
snowbird
Gizmo711
Sea Ray
drkm
Dаrкman
Darkmаn
angiefly2
Chickenbutt
inchworm71
CuriousPortlander
Nan11
Congrats
33 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #3

Post by inchworm71 Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 am

I'm curious as to how well the domestic abuse expert will fare considering she has testified in two other domestic abuse trials that resulted in convictions. I'm also not clear on whether she testified for defense or prosecution though.
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:54 am

inchworm71 wrote:I'm curious as to how well the domestic abuse expert will fare considering she has testified in two other domestic abuse trials that resulted in convictions. I'm also not clear on whether she testified for defense or prosecution though.

If she's bragging about it, and it resulted in convictions than I am to assume she was on the side of the prosecution. I wonder how (if any) defense sides she won?

From the looks of her, Martinez will tear her apart. However, he will have to use less aggressive tactics with this witness or he might just sawy the juror's. It's one thing in bringing down that poor excuse of a doctor, but with a person that deals with abused women etc., is another thing altogether. He has to bring her down to being a liar for the defense but he has to do it in a diplomatic way. Soft and to the point. Then she too will walk out of that court room in a fog and doubting her own expertise (if she really has any). She appears to be fragile, but of course we haven't seen her yet with Martinez, she may just show a complete different side.

But she too will break because she is going against all what abused women have fought for their lives of abuse and knowing in her heart that Jodi is not one of them.

My prediction is a "murder one" conviction.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by inchworm71 Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm hoping Laviolette will take her reputation a little more serious than Dr.Dufus. It's to bad the jurors won't know that she was the only domestic violence expert the defence could talk into taking this case.
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 pm

inchworm71 wrote:I'm hoping Laviolette will take her reputation a little more serious than Dr.Dufus. It's to bad the jurors won't know that she was the only domestic violence expert the defence could talk into taking this case.

That is interesting. I learn something new about this tragic event every day and the case gets weirder and weirder. So no other DV experts were willing to testify and the jury cannot know about it? that seems unfair but I am no lawyer lol. Thanks for the info Inchworm :)
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by inchworm71 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:24 pm

That info about the DV expert was on HLN this morning and the delay tomorrow concerns the ever increasing cost of the defense. I think state funded defense should be based on a sliding scale, in other words they should estimate on JA's previous income as to how muc "defense" she personally would be able to afford and cap it at that. Or be able to spare that amount, plus in achieving justice for Travis.
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 am

Nan11 wrote:
ishi wrote:Doesn't he? I don't mind at all, Nan! I was hoping someone would post it for me since I am so illiterate as far as posting pics. Did you notice his undies?
Yep, I noticed the 'spideys.'

I'm trying not to notice. Arias said Travis didn't like Spiderman. It makes me sad. Now, I'm wondering if he didn't like Spiderman as an adult, because when he looked back at his childhood he remembered being happy and wearing those underware. That part of his life went all wrong for him, too.

His parents got into drugs and practically let him starve. Then when he reached success as an adult, the tramp slaughtered him.

It so painful. I don't know how I'm going to make it through LaViolette's testimony. She has got the wrong one pegged as the victim--imo.

(Sorry--little rant.) Embarassed

All that she is saying actually points to Jodi as the abuser. I'm sure Martinez will turn her into a state witness. She is only generally speaking up to now, she is not actually saying (although trying to indicate) that it was Travis who was the aggressor. But actually speaking it all fits Jodi.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:12 am

inchworm71 wrote:That info about the DV expert was on HLN this morning and the delay tomorrow concerns the ever increasing cost of the defense. I think state funded defense should be based on a sliding scale, in other words they should estimate on JA's previous income as to how muc "defense" she personally would be able to afford and cap it at that. Or be able to spare that amount, plus in achieving justice for Travis.

That would be wonderful if it could happen. But in reality, it wouldn't be fare and only the rich would get decent defense. At times there are innocent people on trial (although not in this case).

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:15 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:This is an old video, but it had info I hadn't heard; did you all know that ammunition for a 25 mm gun was found at Jodi's parents' house?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I guess they still can't prove anything because the gun has never been found. Too bad Jodi didn't have a chance to put the gun back, but I guess it was discovered missing by her grandparents before she had a chance to put it back.

Does anyone know if the grandparents have ever been in court? Just curious.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am

One Wonders wrote:As I was watching Dr Drew tonight one of his guest's said that the DV lady never interviewed Jodi. Will JM ever have a field day with that.

I know. I wonder why she never interviewed her? That wasn't too smart on the defense teams part. Martinez certainly will have a field day with her.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by inchworm71 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:38 am

OW..No doubt! All that money for trash like that! It's not even about justice for Travis anymore. Nurmi is P.O.'d cause he HAD to keep the case, JW is milking it for all it's worth and the "experts" saw a darn good opportunity to take the rest of the year off. I hope the "cost hearing" tomorrow will help cut to the chase of this B.S. JM will address this but even if he does chew this expert a "new one" why wouldn't she take it for $300 per hour...I apologoze, bottom line is the taxpayers are defending something worse than a "welfare ho" while the elderly, the homeless, the children and the schoolls suffer. Almost 1 million and it's still a toss up if justice will be served...I don't rant often but this soapbox is soooo wide open. It makes me sick.
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 am

Jodi Arias Trial Day 37

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:33 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:This is an old video, but it had info I hadn't heard; did you all know that ammunition for a 25 mm gun was found at Jodi's parents' house?

<iframe width="416" height="384" src="http://www.hlntv.com/embed/56945" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

I guess they still can't prove anything because the gun has never been found. Too bad Jodi didn't have a chance to put the gun back, but I guess it was discovered missing by her grandparents before she had a chance to put it back.

Does anyone know if the grandparents have ever been in court? Just curious.
I personally haven't seen or read anywhere that her grand parents have been in the courtroom. I would like to know out of curiosity if they are in good health/ still living and if they support their grand daughter or if they have "washed their hands of her" so to speak.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next