CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial

+7
Gizmo711
back2back19
snowbird
ellejay
serenaz1
Chickenbutt
CherokeeNative
11 posters

Go down

Trial  Empty Trial

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:15 pm

For those who have not been following the Drew Peterson case, I have posted a "Case History" thread. Please do not comment under that thread. It is simply there to bring everyone up to speed. Enjoy!!
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Trial  Empty Re: Trial

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 am

Anyone following the case is welcome to use the Live Chat box while watching tha trial. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to join you, today is impossible. Keep some updates coming.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 pm

J4A at RC figured out how to embed a live feed of tweets from the folks covering the trial, which is pretty cool! It's on page 4:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:35 pm

Courtroom Updates Peterson Trial

Opening statements have concluded in the trial of Drew Peterson, more than eight years after the unusual death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, and three years after being charged with her murder. Check here for continual updates throughout the day.

103 p.m. Savio's stepmother on defense's approach

Kathleen Savio's stepmother, Marcia Savio, seemed upset that Drew Peterson's defense attorney was attempting to make Peterson look like a victim at trial.

Defense attorney Joel Brodsky in his opening statement called Kathleen Savio "bonkers" and "crazy" and said "she lies and makes up stories to fit her purpose."

"It seems like they're trying to make Drew the victim instead of Kathy," Marcia Savio said outside the courtroom. "Kathy was always a strong girl and the problem is, she wasn't strong enough.

"The only thing we can do is hope and pray and hopefuly Kathleen's going to get some justice."

Marcia Savio was in court today with Henry Savio, Kathleen's father.

Also in court is Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family.

--more@link--

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:10 pm

---accckkkkk!!!

---i'll have a FIT if this POS walks---forever!

Judge mulling mistrial request in Drew Peterson murder trial

Defense attorneys asked for a mistrial in the Drew Peterson murder trial Wednesday morning after prosecutors asked a witness about a bullet he found in his driveway.

Upon further questioning, Pontarelli said he felt intimidated by Peterson, and later found a .38-caliber bullet in his driveway.

That prompted Peterson’s attorneys to object, and Will County Judge Edward Burmila to clear the jurors from courtroom. Burmila asked prosecutors if they planned to prove Peterson put the bullet there, and they admitted they couldn’t, prompting Burmila to blast them.

Defense attorneys then asked for a mistrial, saying mention of the bullet was an attempt to “dirty up” Peterson by sneaking improper evidence into the trial.

Prosecutors said they wanted to show Peterson and Pontarelli weren’t as close as Peterson’s attorneys made them seem.

Burmila, though, said prosecutors’ argument against mistrial makes “absolutely no sense.”

After the two sides argued the issue, Burmila said he would rule on the request at 1:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Peterson’s attorneys have asked Burmila to grant a mistrial “with prejudice,” meaning Peterson could not be tried again on the charges. He could grant that motion, deny it, or declare a mistrial “without prejudice,” meaning the trial would have to start over.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Mistrial ‘mess’ leads judge to adjourn Drew Peterson trial for day

The judge in the Drew Peterson murder trial held off on granting defense attorneys’ request for a mistrial after prosecutors asked a witness about a bullet found in the man’s driveway.

After hearing arguments from both sides and taking a break to mull the request, Will County Judge Edward Burmila returned to court and said he would not issue his ruling on the request without first giving defense attorneys the option of instead seeking to throw out all of the man’s testimony.

After the two sides discussed it with Burmila, he ordered court adjourned until Thursday morning.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:04 am

I thought this was solved, I though that the judge was going to tell the jury to disregard part of the statement.
If it is declared a mistrial, I don't think it will be done with prejudice.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm just glad the state finally had a good day on Friday; they had a horrible start. Just horrible. And even better they get a 3 day weekend with the idea of DP threatening to make her death look like an accident.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 pm

b2b! Welcome! Good to see you. Enjoy yourself here and if you have a case you are following that we don't have a thread for, just PM myself or CherokeeNative. We will be happy to add it.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Thank you CB! Looking forward to posting here! :)

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:00 am

ATTENTION EVERYONE

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that CN and I will be having a meeting on Sunday with a "techie" that is much smarter than either of us. We need all your suggestions to improve the site and your enjoyment. Please post your suggestions on the new "Suggestion" thread. No improvement or idea is to small to address. Please tell us exactly what you would like so we can make your experience here at CrimeWatchers as enjoyable as possible. Remember, no suggestion or idea is to small.
Thank you,
CN and CB.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 am

back2back19 wrote:I'm just glad the state finally had a good day on Friday; they had a horrible start. Just horrible. And even better they get a 3 day weekend with the idea of DP threatening to make her death look like an accident.

I'm getting a little nervous. I just can't see a conviction with what the state has. I'm hoping that SP will play a roll in their decision and bring back a "guilty" verdict. This man does not need to be out in society.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
back2back19 wrote:I'm just glad the state finally had a good day on Friday; they had a horrible start. Just horrible. And even better they get a 3 day weekend with the idea of DP threatening to make her death look like an accident.

I'm getting a little nervous. I just can't see a conviction with what the state has. I'm hoping that SP will play a roll in their decision and bring back a "guilty" verdict. This man does not need to be out in society.

I've been following the trial "sorta kinda" on InSession... from what I see of the evidence, I don't see how they are going to get a conviction of this guy. They blew it from the beginning and then, having second thoughts when his second wife went missing, tried to back track - Right? He's an arogant asshole as I have watched him throughout the years, but I just don't see how they can get a conviction unless these jurors went in with their own opinons based upon facts outside of what has been presented during the trial. Am I wrong? Interested in hearing your thoughts if you think I am. Rolling Eyes
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:42 am

The thing about the towel bothers me. I never saw someone or heard of someone throwing a towel over a tub when getting ready to take a bath. The towel would get all wet. I throw mine over the tub when I am finished with it but not prior to taking my bath. That shows even more of a staged scene, to me anyway.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:46 am

CherokeeNative wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:

I've been following the trial "sorta kinda" on InSession... from what I see of the evidence, I don't see how they are going to get a conviction of this guy. They blew it from the beginning and then, having second thoughts when his second wife went missing, tried to back track - Right? He's an arogant asshole as I have watched him throughout the years, but I just don't see how they can get a conviction unless these jurors went in with their own opinons based upon facts outside of what has been presented during the trial. Am I wrong? Interested in hearing your thoughts if you think I am. Rolling Eyes

I feel the same way. I hate to see this creep walk but I really don't see enough evidence to convict. Of course I am a little paranoid after the CA verdict. But I honestly do not see enough by the state that would bring back a guilty verdict.

I hate to see this creep running loose on the streets, but they screwed up this case from the beginning. Savio's family should have pressed harder for an investigation at the beginning, but they too may have been in fear of Peterson.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:54 am

I have seen people get convicted without a boby before. What I do not understand or maybe I didn't hear the reason, but how come Peterson's cousin's statements werent enough to bring charges for Stacy? What he said about the phone coinsided with what DP was trying to pretend that Stacy had called him and said she was leaving for another man. Also the fact that he had helped DP carry out a barrel that he knew a body was in.

To me, that should have been enough to bring DP to trial. It seems to me that that would be more evidence than what they have here for his third wife.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by angiefly2 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:45 am

What drives me crazy is that the Prosecutors cannot comment on the case on IS but DP's attorneys are on there left and right with their smug attitudes while they put down Kathleen and Stacy just as much as DP did when he would talk about them. I have a feeling this creep will get out and move away and who knows what he'll do to some unsuspecting woman down the road. It seems he couldn't stop at Kathleen and went after Stacy so whats to stop him now if he is acquitted? It's quite scary IMO.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetiepie Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:25 am

Critical thinking, jurors!

If this smug, arrogant sociopath isn't found guilty, arrrrrgggg!.......I just want to punch him everytime I see him. I don't have In Session, so I'm really out of touch with this trial.

Look at this comment on the Chicago Tribune from Toni Gianni:

"The jurors are acting like buffoons, but why wouldn't they given the spectecle that has already occurred in this case. From the judge saying he is going to blow his brains out, to the prosecutors who cannot follow orders to the clown defense team wearing their sunglasses, this whole trial has been one huge joke and blemish on the community. What idiots everyone looks like. It reminds me of an episode of the Andy Griffith Show where everyone in Mayberry goes crazy when a t.v. crew comes to town. Sadly, this is not a sitcom and someone two women have been killed. It is beyond embarassing; it is pathetic"
sweetiepie
sweetiepie

Back to top Go down

Post by crod Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 pm

:silent: Drew Peterson is a retired police SGT and knows how the system works, The problem here is the time frame that the prosecution had to gatther the evidence. I know one of his Lawyers, Mrs Greenburgh and he is a very good attorney with alot of knowledge in criminal cases, is this guy guilty yes but there is alot of time from the time she died to the time he was arrested that will be on his side.
crod
crod

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Welcome to CrimeWatchers Crod. We look forward to your thoughts and comments. If there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable, just let us know. Again, welcome!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetiepie Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:34 am

Wow!! Big mistake by the defense today!!

"In the latest bizarre twist in the Drew Peterson trial, a defense attorney called a witness who testified that Peterson's fourth wife told him Peterson murdered Kathleen Savio.

The move, made hours before the defense team rested its case, overshadowed its much-anticipated final witness, Peterson's teenage son Thomas, who told jurors he never believed his father killed his mother.

Wednesday's stunning testimony came after Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky decided to call Savio's divorce attorney Harry Smith against the advice of other members of the defense team.

"It's a gift from God," State's Attorney James Glasgow was overheard saying outside the courtroom after Smith finished testifying."

Infighting in the hallway!

"Before defense attorneys called Smith to the stand, the judge warned them of the possible consequences and Peterson lawyer Steve Greenberg could be heard in the courthouse hallway urging Brodsky not to do it.

"I've filed 74 (expletive) motions to keep him out and now you're going to undo all of it," Greenberg said in a loud, exasperated voice. He later defended Brodsky's decision to reporters, saying the testimony showed Stacy Peterson would do anything to gain an advantage in a potential divorce."

crod, do you have any inside info on this situation? Greenberg must be livid.

sweetiepie
sweetiepie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetiepie Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:02 am

Closing remarks after the holiday. Good Call for the jurors.

Thought I'd just post a photo that says it all.

sweetiepie
sweetiepie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:22 am

The defense team is a piece of work. I halfway listen to them on IS in the morning and am appalled at the rudeness they display to with Beth Karas when she interviews them. But good for her, she can hold her own!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetiepie Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:07 am

CB, I'm really missing IS with this trial.....I used to get it and then they bumped it up to the higher cost package, so......

I didn't know they were rude to Beth. These guys are as sociopathic as their client. It's really stunning.

This guy Peterson really bothers me. From what I've been reading, it sounds like the jury may be a "not guilty" bunch.

It's just wrong. (I hope I'm wrong about the jury).
sweetiepie
sweetiepie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down