Jodi Arias #4

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Oh wait a second I need my make up on first!" Will this be said by Arias on her way to the death chamber?

76% 76% 
[ 13 ]
24% 24% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 17

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by LiveLaughLove on Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 am

This is how Martinez concluded his closing argument:

“She’s asking you to help her. She’s asking you to help her. She’s asking you, symbolically, to help her by carrying them out and taking those cans with her. What the state is asking you to do is your duty. And the judge has indicated that your duty is to follow the law as she’s given it to you, and apply it to the facts. And in asking that, the state is asking you to return a verdict of guilty. That you return a verdict of guilty as to first-degree murder. Not only as to premeditated murder, but also as to felony murder, for no other reason that it’s your duty, and the facts and the law support it.”

6:48 p.m. ET: Martinez told the jurors that the jury instructions aren't guidelines, but they are mandatory rules they must follow during deliberations.

6:46 p.m. ET:

JM & jury instructions: tells them HOW to apply it. If done well, jurors will repeat lawyers arguments in deliberations #JodiArias

— Ryan Smith (@ryansmithtv) May 2, 2013

6:44 p.m. ET: Arias lied about the gun according to Martinez.

“Why stand there with the gun if you know it’s unloaded? None of it. Absolutely none of it is true. You could even be charitable and say it doesn’t make sense. I’m not asking you to be charitable. It’s an absolute lie, this issue about the gun. She said it, and she is wedded to it," said Martinez.

6:42 p.m. ET: Martinez said issues surrounding the gun will not go away when jurors go back to deliberate.

6:40 p.m. ET: Arias testified she grabbed Alexander's gun from the top shelf of his closet and shot him in self-defense. Martinez said Arias could not have stepped on a shelf in Alexander's closet to reach the gun, because the shelf would not support her weight.

6:39 p.m. ET:

#JodiArias looks worried as #JuanMartinez explains 1st degree murder! twitter.com/VinniePolitan/…

— Vinnie Politan (@VinniePolitan) May 2, 2013

6:38 p.m. ET: Martinez said when Arias killed Alexander she did not what lies she would have to tell in the future.

6:36 p.m. ET:

RT @roselawgroup: "It comes down to whether or not you believe her" - Juan Martinez #JodiArias

— Jane Velez-Mitchell (@jvelezmitchell) May 2, 2013

6:34 p.m. ET:

"You saw her at times attempt to cry, you saw her at times get angry…and you saw her at times, when the questions were getting difficult, snap out and try to somehow make the person who was asking the questions the villain. Saying, ‘Well you’re scrambling my brain. It’s not my fault….that’s not my fault that I keep lying on the witness stand, it’s yours,’” said Martinez.

6:31 p.m. ET:

It sounds like Martinez is wrapping up. He'll give a rebuttal closing after Nurmi-- at some point tomorrow. #jodiarias

— Beth Karas (@BethKaras) May 2, 2013

6:30 p.m. ET: Martinez is now explaining "reasonable doubt" to the jury.

6:26 p.m. ET: Martinez quotes the juror instructions: “It directly relates to the two primary allegations in this case: That of physical abuse and the fact that Mr Alexander was interested in little boys and girls, according to her. It tells you that in deciding the facts of this case, you should consider what testimony to accept and what to reject. What it’s telling you there is that you, ultimately decide whether or not this person here, who is the epitome of a liar, whether…you are going to accept or reject what she tells you…How is it that you can know, with any certainty whatsoever, whether or not she’s telling the truth about everything?”

6:23 p.m. ET: Arias ability to remember details is incredible, but when the fog rolls in she can't remember things said Martinez.

6:21 p.m. ET: Martinez said it is easy for Arias to get on the witness stand and lie, and her biggest lie is that Alexander was a pedophile.

6:19 p.m. ET:

She’s a chameleon, and she’ll adjust to the situation and make up whatever stories are appropriate for her at the time…The point I’m trying to make is that these lies are lies, but then she goes even further with them just to sell them, to manipulate the person into thinking they are actually true,” said Martinez. “She’s such an ornate liar. She just has to add the extras to it to really sell it.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove on Fri May 03, 2013 8:54 am

Sea Ray wrote:Just to be accurate, Juan did refer to his notes once or twice. I remember seeing him go to his desk and pick up his legal pad and flip through it while giving his closing speech.

Let's see what the defense comes up with today. I imagine they'll pound home the abuse and PTSD and then we'll have Juan up once more to remind everyone that there's evidence to support such accusations

Yes he did but I believe it was the evidence numbers of the photos he was going to use. Other than that, it was all just rolling off his tongue. He's lived and breathed this case for five years. He's got the goods on Jodi...
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 on Fri May 03, 2013 9:34 am

You are welcome Ellejay and Katie :) I'm just glad somebody watches the videos lol :)

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”
― Elie Wiesel

angiefly2

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by papapi on Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 am

Same here, Nan. I haven't watched every second of every day, but I've paid enough attention to want to see what the defense thinks can justify Arias' horrendous act. It would be tough for me to say I support Martinez and the jury's verdict of guilt, if I don't know what defense offered up as counterpoint - sex, lies and photographs notwithstanding.

Anyway, I'll be listening in on the Nurmi closing...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons, because he wanted to." John Guy, Esq., ASA, Florida
""Trayvon was a person, he had heart, he had love, he had a lot of love. Judging him out of a picture...naw." Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon Martin's friend

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray on Fri May 03, 2013 11:43 am

gpw wrote:Who ever writes eggtreenews should get the award of the century...very funny stuff.

Enjoy this one while you got it super Juan, you will never prosecute another defendent that admits killing someone and takes pictures of it to prove it again. Cake walk.

You points are well taken but a five month trial isn't exactly a cakewalk. How many of us can just stand up and talk for 7 hrs straight? Plus he's not getting $300/hr for this. He's doing this for public service wages. Dollar for dollar he's outmanned
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi on Fri May 03, 2013 11:48 am

Sea Ray wrote:
gpw wrote:Who ever writes eggtreenews should get the award of the century...very funny stuff.

Enjoy this one while you got it super Juan, you will never prosecute another defendent that admits killing someone and takes pictures of it to prove it again. Cake walk.

You points are well taken but a five month trial isn't exactly a cakewalk. How many of us can just stand up and talk for 7 hrs straight? Plus he's not getting $300/hr for this. He's doing this for public service wages. Dollar for dollar he's outmanned

From a source last night, Juan is either still prosecuting, or has prosecuted, twelve other felony cases during the course of the Arias trial. All for a reported $130k per year state prosecutor salary. Kicking Juan doesn't go over very well in the minds of most. Just sayin'...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons, because he wanted to." John Guy, Esq., ASA, Florida
""Trayvon was a person, he had heart, he had love, he had a lot of love. Judging him out of a picture...naw." Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon Martin's friend

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 on Fri May 03, 2013 1:00 pm

I too predict "murder 1", I just don't see how the jury could reach any other verdict. Premeditation is written in stone with all the evidence that was shown.

Martinez did a wonderful job on the first part of his closing, he does get to go again at the end. The defense has one shot at it and we all know just what they are going to say. But Martinez has refuted everything the defense has tried to throw out there and what the defense is going to say just wont wash.

I could see the worried look on all of them, Jodi, Walmott and Nurmi. They took to shaking their heads at what Martinez was saying, that's just a show for the jury, a show that the defense is stuck and all they have left is the "shaking of heads", they know they lost this case big time.

Juan is one hell of a prosecutor, the best.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 on Fri May 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Sea Ray wrote:I apologize but I missed the part about the CDs. Can you briefly tell me what that was all about? Thanks

I believe they were the CD's that Jodi and Travis took on a trip or two they made. It appears that Jodi was going to show them to Travis to try and trigger something in Travis and she would try and win him back with them (I think anyway). However, it seems that nothing worked so she went ahead with the murder. But her bringing the CD's proved that she had all intentions of going to see Travis because she had them in the rented car. They would have meant nothing to anyone else but Travis and her.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 on Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Lets see here... Juan put one of the four women on DR when he prosecuted her... Her defense, well it just so happens it was self defense as well. Maybe he will make JA #5. Just saying...
BTW, you seem to really like this Arias chick, why not offer her a room in your home and see how well that blows over. Rolling Eyes

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”
― Elie Wiesel

angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 on Fri May 03, 2013 4:17 pm

gpw wrote:
angiefly2 wrote:

Lets see here... Juan put one of the four women on DR when he prosecuted her... Her defense, well it just so happens it was self defense as well. Maybe he will make JA #5. Just saying...
BTW, you seem to really like this Arias chick, why not offer her a room in your home and see how well that blows over. Rolling Eyes

I like to keep an open mind until all the evidence is put forth. I can only hope someone would do the same for me. You know do on to others.....
I've heard all of the evidence and the changing of stories etc.. and now I am free to make up my mind as closing arguments ARE NOT evidence. Thank you :)

― Elie Wiesel

angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi on Fri May 03, 2013 4:50 pm

gpw wrote:Good point, lets do way the closing arguments, total waste of time.

I don't think anyone is suggesting closing arguments should be done away with. Closing arguments are meant to recap the case as presented by the opposing sides. From what I've seen so far, Juan Martinez has done a very exceptional job of recapping the theory of the murder of Travis Alexander, while this morning Kirk Nurmi spent most all of his time trying to rebut the State's case, and mostly ignored the case of self defense Jodi's team wants the jury to believe. Unless Nurmi can pull a rabbit out of a hat during this afternoon's session, he had failed to present the case the defense initially set out to demonstrate.

Now, I know the state has the burden of proving first degree murder. But that's not the approach the defense took when it decided to place Jodi Arias on the stand for eighteen days to recount a pack of nonsensical lies, deceits, and invention. They wanted to prove self defense, thus they brought in so called "experts" to build a battered woman defense. They failed, imo, and now they have no choice but to turn back to rebutting the superb case the prosecution has presented.

papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 pm

yikes! finally...

--and we're on verdict watch!

George Zimmerman is a BULLY, a COWARD, a RACIST, a LIAR, a THIEF and a MURDERER.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Anyone who hears of a verdict.....please post it here immediately!
Thank you

Because we are watching
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri May 03, 2013 7:50 pm

arias jury, now that alternates have been selected (by random draw.)

--8 men, 4 women.

George Zimmerman is a BULLY, a COWARD, a RACIST, a LIAR, a THIEF and a MURDERER.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri May 03, 2013 7:56 pm

weird---on HLN now.

--the jury has gone to deliberate. all lawyers at the bench, along with stabby and the court deputy.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri May 03, 2013 7:59 pm

juan's last words:

“The reference that I want to leave you with is that, when you’re involved in this sort of situation, you have to sit back and think about it, and think about what is going on, and [John Dunn] wrote ‘Every person’s death diminishes. So therefore, send no one to find for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.’

…Apply this then to the facts, and in doing so, I am asking you to return a verdict of first degree murder. Not only of premeditated murder, but also of felony murder. Not because it’s an emotional decision…but because in this case, Travis Victor Alexander was slaughtered by this woman. She slashed his throat, she stabbed him in the heart, and then she shot him in the face, and all of that, thinking about it in advance," said Martinez ending his rebuttal argument.

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 on Fri May 03, 2013 8:16 pm

gpw wrote:Good point, lets do way the closing arguments, total waste of time.
Yeah cause that's what I said Rolling Eyes

― Elie Wiesel

angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: