Jodi Arias #4

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Oh wait a second I need my make up on first!" Will this be said by Arias on her way to the death chamber?

76% 76% 
[ 13 ]
24% 24% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 17

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu May 02, 2013 12:24 pm

I agree Papapi....if I were going to testify in a trial, I would make sure all my ducks were in a row. But he is only human. So I will give him a pass.


Because we are watching
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Posts : 3415
Join date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by papapi on Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Sea Ray wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:Sea, if they find her guilty of 1st degree then it will matter. For the death penalty, iirc, they have to show the killing was heinous and cruel. The order of the wounds will be important then to show that the stabbings came first and caused Travis pain and terror and the killing shot came after he suffered to the extreme.

If I'm a juror, it doesn't matter to me if Jodi did it the way she wants us to believe. Isn't it heinous and cruel to have a guy wonder around the house spitting up blood with a bullet in his head while he gets stabbed 26-30 times? That qualifies in my book

I'm with you on this one, Sea Ray. Heinous and cruel is a multiplicity of injurious and likely fatal assaults with a deadly weapon no matter the order in which they were delivered, in my book. I guess technically the argument would be if he wasn't suffering, and was already dead, it doesn't matter, but I think it shows the viciousness and horror of her attack.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons, because he wanted to." John Guy, Esq., ASA, Florida
""Trayvon was a person, he had heart, he had love, he had a lot of love. Judging him out of a picture...naw." Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon Martin's friend



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
papapi
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2815
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 63
Location : Allegheny

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by papapi on Thu May 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Sea Ray wrote:
gpw wrote:I just can't see choosing the knife over the gun if you are trying kill someone and leave with as little evidence as possible behind...just can't see it.

It was a passion killing. Leaving as little evidence as possible wasn't her primary motive. In fact on that basis, she failed bigtime. She should have taken the camera with her

I guess I'm an outlier as far as believing this was a crime of passion. For me, passion involves love, and I don't think Jodi Arias has the capacity for love. Especially if what Dr DeMarte says about borderline personality disorder is true. Jodi loves herself.

So I have never thought she was in a rage when she committed the murder. Maybe a panic quickly after it was done. She wanted to destroy Travis so no one else would have him, a twisted possessiveness and narcissistic attitude. I believe her crime was driven by pure hatred and malice toward her victim because she knew she could never fully possess him, body, mind and loving spirit.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons, because he wanted to." John Guy, Esq., ASA, Florida
""Trayvon was a person, he had heart, he had love, he had a lot of love. Judging him out of a picture...naw." Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon Martin's friend



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
papapi
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2815
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 63
Location : Allegheny

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay on Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm

--I didn't realize that in Arizona, the jury deliberates 3 times.

--1st, the guilt phase. if they find her guilty of M1, they move on to:

--2nd, the aggravator phase. was the aggravator in this case, cruelty, met? if yes:

--3rd, the penalty phase.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And I just think it`s absolutely fascinating. Beth Karas, tell us what happens if she is found guilty of murder one. Immediately, that triggers the next phase is my understanding -- the penalty phase.

BETH KARAS, CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": Yes, but the penalty phase here in Arizona is actually split into two. So the jury will actually deliberate two more times. The first part is called the aggravation phase -- there may be a little evidence, maybe just the arguments. But the jury will decide if the one aggravating factor charged has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

And that aggravator is cruelty. And it`s a defined term -- it`s physical and mental anguish in the length of time it took him to die and did he know he was dying. And I`m sure the prosecutor will say as he stood at the sink getting stabbed in the back and in his head before his throat was slashed, he knew he was dying.

And then if the jury says yes, that is proven beyond a reasonable doubt then the next phase, which is called the penalty phase -- it`s mitigation -- will begin. And the defense will put on other evidence of mitigation. And apparently, the victims have a right to testify to rebut mitigation. So family members of Travis Alexander can get up there to rebut mitigation and talk about Travis Alexander, the person he was and what their lives are like without him.

But that`s not to be considered in aggravation. It`s only to rebut mitigation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And then I heard at some point along this process, Jodi Arias herself can get up and make some kind of statement. So we may not have heard the last of her --

KARAS: Yes. Correct.

KARAS: Correct. She can`t testify. Right -- ok. She can`t testify.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But she can make a statement.

KARAS: Lawyers can`t ask her questions. She can make a statement. Yes.
avatar
ellejay
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu May 02, 2013 12:43 pm

lol...so we are no where near being done.....yeah...more Nurmi and Wilmott....


Because we are watching
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Posts : 3415
Join date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay on Thu May 02, 2013 12:50 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:

Arizona might do it this way. Juror instructions come before the closing arguments.

I can't believe the end is here..finally, after 55 days of testimony, countless number of sidebars, finally Jodi will learn her fate. Thank goodness after today, I don't have to listen to Nurmi or Willmott anymore..with the exception of Nurmi doing the closing arguments today..


--do we know for sure that he will do the D closing? or will they get to split it up?
(i'm just recalling the fiasco in florida when it was a shared closing by baez/cheney.)
avatar
ellejay
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by LiveLaughLove on Thu May 02, 2013 12:54 pm

The TH's are saying since Willmott did the opening, Nurmi should be up to do the closing.

Either way, according to the penalty phase, we aren't done with seeing this duo...
avatar
LiveLaughLove

Posts : 626
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay on Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10:57 p.m. ET: ​From an HLN producer outside the courthouse: About 40 people were waiting in line outside the Maricopa County Courthouse Thursday morning, only to find out that the court only has 5-7 seats for the public and that the lucky few are being chosen by lottery.

11:28 p.m. ET: Here is some information on some of the people who are at the courthouse today hoping to get a seat to watch the trial:

Emily Park:
•Flew in last night from Provo, UT
•First in line, arrived at midnight
•Came to Phoenix just to come to the trial
•"It's all about the facts and what's happened."

Marion Kaufer:
•Drove from Tucson, left home at 3 a.m.
•There's always Scottsdale shopping. I hope I get the lucky number.
•"What do you say to the devil? I don't know. It's beyond my comprehension...everything is so manipulated and a lack of truth"

R.D. Williams:
•Drove 800 miles from Amarillo, TX
•"The PTSD, I'm a Vietnam vet and I don't think it's right to mix us with her."
•"That's all you need for this case, common sense. We don't have any fog in Texas"
avatar
ellejay
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay on Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:The TH's are saying since Willmott did the opening, Nurmi should be up to do the closing.

Either way, according to the penalty phase, we aren't done with seeing this duo...

thanks, I haven't followed the TH's much in this one (learned my lesson in that other trial.)
avatar
ellejay
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu May 02, 2013 12:58 pm

lol...everyone has her number. Hopefully the jury does too.
And I agree wholeheartedly with the Veteran, it is a great disservice to our heroes, to speak of her in the same breath as Veterans and LE.


Because we are watching
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Posts : 3415
Join date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Nell Belle on Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Hello all, good morning and what a day we are gonna have, I won't be able to stick around for long I will try and hop on when I can, hubby is off for 3 days, so I get spread around like jelly on bread... Up way to late last night, but was worth it. I will watch on iphone and try to come back, always stuff to do when I'm not by myself. I would hide in the attic, but scared of AZ bugs. So for sure know I'm thinking about all of you. Nell


I am a blended nation, so happy to be me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Nell Belle

Posts : 222
Join date : 2013-04-23
Age : 60
Location : Goodyear, AZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by LiveLaughLove on Thu May 02, 2013 1:15 pm

OMG! Just read on twitter the judge is allowing instructions to include a CRIME OF PASSION!

Where in the world does a self defense theory does crime of passion fit?

Judge Stephens is a reallll pushover. How can this defendant get two different defenses. One is self defense and now a crime of passion? that doesn't fit!
avatar
LiveLaughLove

Posts : 626
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Sea Ray on Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 pm

papapi wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:
gpw wrote:I just can't see choosing the knife over the gun if you are trying kill someone and leave with as little evidence as possible behind...just can't see it.

It was a passion killing. Leaving as little evidence as possible wasn't her primary motive. In fact on that basis, she failed bigtime. She should have taken the camera with her

I guess I'm an outlier as far as believing this was a crime of passion. For me, passion involves love, and I don't think Jodi Arias has the capacity for love. Especially if what Dr DeMarte says about borderline personality disorder is true. Jodi loves herself.

So I have never thought she was in a rage when she committed the murder. Maybe a panic quickly after it was done. She wanted to destroy Travis so no one else would have him, a twisted possessiveness and narcissistic attitude. I believe her crime was driven by pure hatred and malice toward her victim because she knew she could never fully possess him, body, mind and loving spirit.

I don't think passion is limited to love. You can passionately hate someone or thing. This was a crime of rage and hatred IMO

At first I was leaning towards life in prison but now I'm leaning towards a death penalty after about 10 yrs in prison. I think she's earned that fate and I don't want to see the death penalty carried out very often
avatar
Sea Ray

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-09

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by LiveLaughLove on Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Sea Ray wrote:
papapi wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:
gpw wrote:I just can't see choosing the knife over the gun if you are trying kill someone and leave with as little evidence as possible behind...just can't see it.

It was a passion killing. Leaving as little evidence as possible wasn't her primary motive. In fact on that basis, she failed bigtime. She should have taken the camera with her

I guess I'm an outlier as far as believing this was a crime of passion. For me, passion involves love, and I don't think Jodi Arias has the capacity for love. Especially if what Dr DeMarte says about borderline personality disorder is true. Jodi loves herself.

So I have never thought she was in a rage when she committed the murder. Maybe a panic quickly after it was done. She wanted to destroy Travis so no one else would have him, a twisted possessiveness and narcissistic attitude. I believe her crime was driven by pure hatred and malice toward her victim because she knew she could never fully possess him, body, mind and loving spirit.

I don't think passion is limited to love. You can passionately hate someone or thing. This was a crime of rage and hatred IMO

At first I was leaning towards life in prison but now I'm leaning towards a death penalty after about 10 yrs in prison. I think she's earned that fate and I don't want to see the death penalty carried out very often

I understand that, my point was she claims she killed Travis in self defense, so if they jurors don't believe that, why show the desperation of wanting this crime of passion as a lesser included charge when she should have just went with that defense. Two defenses appears to be very desperate and Jodi is adamant not to spend the rest of her sorry life in prison or waiting on death row.

I think the Jurors are very smart and will see right through that, at least I'm hoping it's first degree murder conviction...
avatar
LiveLaughLove

Posts : 626
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by papapi on Thu May 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Sea Ray wrote:I don't think passion is limited to love. You can passionately hate someone or thing. This was a crime of rage and hatred IMO

At first I was leaning towards life in prison but now I'm leaning towards a death penalty after about 10 yrs in prison. I think she's earned that fate and I don't want to see the death penalty carried out very often

Yes, I understand what your saying. I guess I've never been a passionate hater of anything I can think of, except maybe beef liver. LOL

Passionate hatred destroys the soul. It's a mental disorder, imo. Of course, in Arias' case it could certainly apply, as you say.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons, because he wanted to." John Guy, Esq., ASA, Florida
""Trayvon was a person, he had heart, he had love, he had a lot of love. Judging him out of a picture...naw." Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon Martin's friend



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
papapi
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2815
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 63
Location : Allegheny

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by LiveLaughLove on Thu May 02, 2013 1:48 pm

gpw wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:
papapi wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:

It was a passion killing. Leaving as little evidence as possible wasn't her primary motive. In fact on that basis, she failed bigtime. She should have taken the camera with her

I guess I'm an outlier as far as believing this was a crime of passion. For me, passion involves love, and I don't think Jodi Arias has the capacity for love. Especially if what Dr DeMarte says about borderline personality disorder is true. Jodi loves herself.

So I have never thought she was in a rage when she committed the murder. Maybe a panic quickly after it was done. She wanted to destroy Travis so no one else would have him, a twisted possessiveness and narcissistic attitude. I believe her crime was driven by pure hatred and malice toward her victim because she knew she could never fully possess him, body, mind and loving spirit.

I don't think passion is limited to love. You can passionately hate someone or thing. This was a crime of rage and hatred IMO

At first I was leaning towards life in prison but now I'm leaning towards a death penalty after about 10 yrs in prison. I think she's earned that fate and I don't want to see the death penalty carried out very often

Should JA's punishment equal that of a serial killer or a child rapist?

gpw wrote:No Mr. Arias in court. Is he that sick? Has he any thoughts about the past when JA was a child?
Can you imagine if he did something to his daughter that would indirectly have her fighting for her life today?
I wouldn't be there either.

Yes, Jodi's father is on dialysis, maybe the stress of it all has gotten to him. Besides hearing all that sex, lies and photographs.

I don't believe the DP should be reserved just for serial killers or child rapists. I believe it's on a case by case basis and considering the heinous, horrendous, torture Travis went through before being slaughtered and then shot in the head, yes, I think this case warrants a DP conviction.

Heinous, cruel, inhumane slaughter of a man who was on the road to success..
avatar
LiveLaughLove

Posts : 626
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by LiveLaughLove on Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Here we go Juror instructions.

avatar
LiveLaughLove

Posts : 626
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Sea Ray on Thu May 02, 2013 3:46 pm

gpw wrote:Should JA's punishment equal that of a serial killer or a child rapist?

That was the reason that I initially felt that life in prison was the way to go and I'd still be fine with that but two things suggest death penalty:

1) She's shown no remorse. She's trashed Travis' family while lying like a rug while under oath

2) Arizona law doesn't state that the death penalty is reserved for child rapists and serial killers
avatar
Sea Ray

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Sea Ray on Thu May 02, 2013 3:50 pm

gpw wrote:Oh no, no Willmott.

That does not bode well for Jodi. Nurmi is more boring as a speaker than politicians on the Sunday morning shows. I've seen nothing from him to indicate that he's capable of motivating a jury. His slow monotone manner will be monotonous for this jury and all of us listening
avatar
Sea Ray

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-09

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by LiveLaughLove on Thu May 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Juan is bringing home the premeditated murder.

The gas cans, the rental car, the changing her hair color, the lies all uncovered and do hope the jurors see this murder for what it is..
avatar
LiveLaughLove

Posts : 626
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum