Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by MorganMars on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:57 am

CherokeeNative wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:As long as all the biggies go along with this SYG BS, nothing will ever get done about it.  Maybe when it happens to one of theirs, but until then, these bastards actually like this law.  It allows a white man to shoot down a black man and walk a free man.

This is a regression of times and a disgrace to all.  Soon there will be gun draws in the street.  Where this law was ever thought about is beyond me.  How could anyone at all go along with this?  It's sickening and scary.  We will end up with riots in the street that will be totally justified as far as I am concerned.

Gizmo we think so much alike.  I was going to put in my earlier post...but I will do it now... IF Dunn manages to walk under the SYG laws or any form of self-defense, I hope to hell the people of color of the State of Florida rips that State apart - I would be tempted to fly in just to help them.  I am that angry over the lack of justice when it comes to black people.  It is disgusting and unacceptable.  I know we are a Nation that has supposedly evolved enough not to have to resort to violence, but when the country of politicians are being complacent in allowing laws to be enacted and stand that jeopardize people because of the color of their skin, then I am ready for a civil war.
I've been thinking about importing a guillotine for years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MorganMars

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:12 am

MorganMars wrote:
I've been thinking about importing a guillotine for years.

Now we're talkin'!!!! Heads definitely need to roll if Dunn goes free.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons, because he wanted to." John Guy, Esq., ASA, Florida
""Trayvon was a person, he had heart, he had love, he had a lot of love. Judging him out of a picture...naw." Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon Martin's friend

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by sams on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:27 am

Dunn will be found guilty as charged and spend the rest of his life in jail...

sams

Back to top Go down

Post by MorganMars on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:07 am

sams wrote:Dunn will be found guilty as charged and spend the rest of his life in jail...
IF, he doesn't get an all white jury and the jury gets a different set of instructions than GZ jurors received, you are probably right.

The jury in Jacksonville is more likely to be diverse, so that should help. I am not so sure about what is going to happen with the jury instructions, though.

MorganMars

Back to top Go down

Post by sams on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:15 am

I think Dunn would be convicted by any jury. He is guilty as sin. I always found the Judge's instructions very confusing when Court TV was still on.

sams

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:09 am

sams wrote:I think Dunn would be convicted by any jury. He is guilty as sin. I always found the Judge's instructions very confusing when Court TV was still on.

--of course he is, like tubbo he admits to firing the fatal shot(s).

--but---he also (claims) that he feared for his life at the time. if the jury instructions read as they did in the tubbo case , w/ ZERO instruction given as to the events leading UP TO the kill shot , and only (P/P)-- "if the defendant was in reasonable fear of great bodily harm, or death----you must find michael dunn innocent.."

---WHAT constitutes 'reasonable fear' ?? his SAYING SO ?? his lawyer saying so, in closing arguments??

--that's---the problem.

George Zimmerman is a BULLY, a COWARD, a RACIST, a LIAR, a THIEF and a MURDERER.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:18 am

CherokeeNative wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:As long as all the biggies go along with this SYG BS, nothing will ever get done about it.  Maybe when it happens to one of theirs, but until then, these bastards actually like this law.  It allows a white man to shoot down a black man and walk a free man.

This is a regression of times and a disgrace to all.  Soon there will be gun draws in the street.  Where this law was ever thought about is beyond me.  How could anyone at all go along with this?  It's sickening and scary.  We will end up with riots in the street that will be totally justified as far as I am concerned.

Gizmo we think so much alike.  I was going to put in my earlier post...but I will do it now... IF Dunn manages to walk under the SYG laws or any form of self-defense, I hope to hell the people of color of the State of Florida rips that State apart - I would be tempted to fly in just to help them.  I am that angry over the lack of justice when it comes to black people.  It is disgusting and unacceptable.  I know we are a Nation that has supposedly evolved enough not to have to resort to violence, but when the country of politicians are being complacent in allowing laws to be enacted and stand that jeopardize people because of the color of their skin, then I am ready for a civil war.

I'm right there with you, and I'm right here in Florida. What these folks of Florida don't understand, a person doesn't have to be violent to be pushed to violence. Enough is enough. When anyone is treated with an injustice they want to fight back, it is a law of common. But when a black person does it they want to say it's typical.

Anyone can be brought to violence, and it doesn't mean they have a violent nature.

My eight year old grandson had a teacher that was being unfair to him constantly. One day she took his pencil from him because it had rolled off the table and she wouldn't let him finish his test. He took off his glasses and stomped on them (that pencil was the straw that broke the camels back). I had him removed from that teacher. He needs his glasses to see not just to read. For him to have done such a drastic thing meant that he had really had all he could take of this teacher being unfair.

I bet if it were them that were being treated unfairly everyday of their lives they would have resorted to violence a long time ago. In reality, black people are the tolerant ones. An injustice has been tolerated for too long.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:31 am

You are right Gizmo.  When is enough, enough?  When have we taken all we can take?  We all have our own "limit" but black people have been especially tolerant IMO. How can anyone in today's society not see the inequities of the treatment of white people versus people of color? I've lived my life with my head in the sand I have come to realize.  It was not until Trayvon Martin that I was brought to my senses on how terribly the African Americans are treated in our country.  And, I am left with not knowing how to fix it.

I have been in the legal field as a paralegal for 30+ years limited to California and Washington law - and even though I knew that prosecutors can't appeal a jury verdict - I did not realize that when there is jury misconduct or trial error in instructing the jury, the prosecution is without recourse to correct a wrongful verdict.  That is just so wrong to me.  Error is error and there should be some form of recourse when it occurs as it did in the Zimmerman case.  It is inconceivable to me that there isn't any way to hold Zimmerman accountable for committing murder.  The most basic of civil rights is the right to walk through a neighborhood without being profiled, stalked and then murdered.  

We needed a guilty verdict in the Zimmerman case - we needed it not only as Justice for Trayvon and his family, but we needed it to send a message to every gun toting racist that they cannot go on a hunting expedition and gun down our children of color for sport. As it turns out, it is now hunting season in Florida and every other state that has SYG laws.  I am not kidding when I say that, if there is a thug or murderer out there that is hell bent on killing someone, I hope they set their scopes on George Zimmerman.  There I said it.  I wish this monster his worst nightmare - that he be shot in the head after being cornered by a demented nut case, so that he feels the fear Trayvon felt before the lights go out permanently for him.

But I am off track.  White people would not tolerate what African Americans are forced to tolerate day in and day out.  I cannot imagine having to worry about hanging my hands out the driver's window after being pulled over by a police officer; I cannot imagine having to worry about going into a department store and feeling that I was being profiled as a shoplifter simply because of my skin color.  I take these rights for granted - I am a U.S. Citizen and am entitled to these basic rights.  Why is the black person treated any differently?  But more importantly, why is anyone allowing it to happen? Who are these pigs that are instilling these racist thoughts in other people's minds? And why are we allowing them to do it? Why are we not calling them out on it?  

Prof. Michael Eric Dyson said it all for me yesterday at The Congressional Caucus on Black Men and Boys. Well, the entire panel made awesome statements, but Dr. Dyson brought it home for me.  http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/BlackMale#  What we need is for this movement not to die down - we need to do whatever we can to keep momentum up and deny the urge to fall back into line of our normal everyday lives like a herd of cattle.  Most importantly, we need all people of color to make this their breaking point - where each and every one walks away from their jobs, their everyday walks of life, and breaks their eyeglasses if they have to - but they should finally say enough is enough. I do believe that there are enough "people of color" in this Nation that if they were to do so - they could bring this Nation to its knees.  Let's see the white man run this country if the entire Nation of color refuses to budge for a few days.  I think people of color would be surprised to see just how many white people would walk beside them. If the DOJ fails to charge Zimmerman, I propose that this Nation's people of color do just exactly that.

George Zimmerman is a murderer, child molester and woman abuser who is breathing air that doesn't belong to him - I await Karma to inflict justice in the name of Trayvon.

Anyone who believes the defendant is innocent is a racist and anyone who contributes money to his defense is a stupid racist.”.  ~Professor Frederick Leatherman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Be Sure to Hit My + Like Button on Right  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 am

Very well said CN. Something needs to be done. Not that every time something happens like this it goes away and another life lost senselessly. I agree, that what happened to Trayvon should come back to the coward or someone he loves to see how it feels. I don't like wishing bad on anyone but sometimes it takes someone to get a dose of what they have been dishing out to come back at them.

That juror #37 is a replica of what this state is about. I have lived here for 18 years now and still cannot get used to the mindset of people here. I would move back up north in a heartbeat just to get away from the likes of these people, but I just can't I would be breaking up my grand kids. There are also a lot of people that come here just to hate and get away with it. Like the Zimmermans, I believe they came to the south just so they can expose their hatred for black people.

This ludicrous law SYG was designed just for what it is being used for, there is no doubt in my mind. It's giving the haters an opportunity to kill at leisure and walk away. The government needs to step in but they wont. They will leave it up to the local government. This is why I hope so very much that the DOJ gets involved due to Trayvons civil rights being taken by the coward.

I have to be in court today for a ticket I am fighting. My hearing time is 1:30pm. I never had to fight a ticket before so I don't know how it is handled here. But I guess I will find out today lol.

Be back later, that's if they don't put me in jail lol..never know what to expect down here.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:Very well said CN.  Something needs to be done.  Not that every time something happens like this it goes away and another life lost senselessly.  I agree, that what happened to Trayvon should come back to the coward or someone he loves to see how it feels.  I don't like wishing bad on anyone but sometimes it takes someone to get a dose of what they have been dishing out to come back at them.

That juror #37 is a replica of what this state is about.  I have lived here for 18 years now and still cannot get used to the mindset of people here. I would move back up north in a heartbeat just to get away from the likes of these people, but I just can't I would be breaking up my grand kids.  There are also a lot of people that come here just to hate and get away with it.  Like the Zimmermans, I believe they came to the south just so they can expose their hatred for black people.

This ludicrous law SYG was designed just for what it is being used for, there is no doubt in my mind.  It's giving the haters an opportunity to kill at leisure and walk away.  The government needs to step in but they wont. They will leave it up to the local government.  This is why I hope so very much that the DOJ gets involved due to Trayvons civil rights being taken by the coward.

I have to be in court today for a ticket I am fighting.  My hearing time is 1:30pm.  I never had to fight a ticket before so I don't know how it is handled here.  But I guess I will find out today lol.

Be back later, that's if they don't put me in jail lol..never know what to expect down here.

O/T
Hope you have good luck on the ticket.    Gdaughter got a seat belt ticket and they sent bill for $1,143.00... this will be something I can't wait for the court to explain.  I am staying cool, just waiting to get my say...since I am the payee.

begging for points.... bacon! bacon! bacon!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
OH GREAT SPIRIT, WHO MADE ALL RACES, LOOK KINDLY UPON THE WHOLE HUMAN FAMILY AND TAKE AWAY THE ARROGANCE AND HATRED WHICH SEPARATES US FROM OUR BROTHERS...
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
For Jordan Davis’ parents, a bond with Trayvon’s family, and prayers for a different trial outcome

by  Joy-Ann Reid   |  July 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM Updated.

George Zimmerman is a BULLY, a COWARD, a RACIST, a LIAR, a THIEF and a MURDERER.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:12 pm

--and here we go again.

--Jordan's parents will be in for the trashing of Jordan, and his friends..."specifically Tommie".

--snip--

Jordan’s parents worry about other potential similarities, including what they say were attacks on Trayvon Martin’s reputation by Zimmerman’s defenders. They worry that Dunn’s attorneys, or his defenders, will do the same thing to Jordan.

“We expect that that will definitely be a part of the defense, to discredit Jordan,” says McBath, who Davis and Phillips call Lucy. “But it would be hard to do so because nothing about his character has anything to do with the trial. The boys were simply sitting in the car. That’s were it all began, so it has nothing to with the character of Jordan, or any of the boys in the car.”

Reached for comment, Dunn’s attorney, Cory Strolla seemed to confirm that the backgrounds of the teens will be at least a potential issue, saying, “If there are no ‘character’ issues, than there isn’t any reason for their concerns. But maybe you should do your own due diligence and background check each individual yourself. Mr. Stornes, more specifically,” apparently referring to 18-year-old Tommie Stornes, who was in the car with Jordan. Some Florida news outlets have already begun looking into the backgrounds of Stornes and the other teens who were in the car that night.

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by MorganMars on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:50 pm

ellejay wrote:--and here we go again.

--Jordan's parents will be in for the trashing of Jordan, and his friends..."specifically Tommie".

--snip--

Jordan’s parents worry about other potential similarities, including what they say were attacks on Trayvon Martin’s reputation by Zimmerman’s defenders. They worry that Dunn’s attorneys, or his defenders, will do the same thing to Jordan.

“We expect that that will definitely be a part of the defense, to discredit Jordan,” says McBath, who Davis and Phillips call Lucy. “But it would be hard to do so because nothing about his character has anything to do with the trial. The boys were simply sitting in the car. That’s were it all began, so it has nothing to with the character of Jordan, or any of the boys in the car.”

Reached for comment, Dunn’s attorney, Cory Strolla seemed to confirm that the backgrounds of the teens will be at least a potential issue, saying, “If there are no ‘character’ issues, than there isn’t any reason for their concerns. But maybe you should do your own due diligence and background check each individual yourself. Mr. Stornes, more specifically,” apparently referring to 18-year-old Tommie Stornes, who was in the car with Jordan. Some Florida news outlets have already begun looking into the backgrounds of Stornes and the other teens who were in the car that night.
I think that I am going to be sick, now.

MorganMars

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMaximus on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:54 pm

MorganMars wrote:
ellejay wrote:--and here we go again.

--snip--

I think that I am going to be sick, now.

I feel terrible for these families. My concern is actually the "Zimmerman" law and how that verdict could impact this one. I'm worried that the combination of victim-blaming and this insane interpretation of SYG laws could possibly lead to Manslaughter or worse since it feels like a lot of these Florida juries use bias instead of common sense when they approach evidence. Like what happened with Trayvon, I wouldn't be surprised if the jury bought into Dunn's stereotypical depiction of what happened there.

Plus Jordan was arguing with Dunn before he went up and shot the kid. They might not be willing to admit it in Florida, but to a lot of these people a black who raises his voice at and/or raises a hand to a white person signs his own death warrant. I'm really hoping for the best here though.

ADMaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by ForJustice on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:54 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:You are right Gizmo.  When is enough, enough?  When have we taken all we can take?  We all have our own "limit" but black people have been especially tolerant IMO. How can anyone in today's society not see the inequities of the treatment of white people versus people of color? I've lived my life with my head in the sand I have come to realize.  It was not until Trayvon Martin that I was brought to my senses on how terribly the African Americans are treated in our country.  And, I am left with not knowing how to fix it.

I have been in the legal field as a paralegal for 30+ years limited to California and Washington law - and even though I knew that prosecutors can't appeal a jury verdict - I did not realize that when there is jury misconduct or trial error in instructing the jury, the prosecution is without recourse to correct a wrongful verdict.  That is just so wrong to me.  Error is error and there should be some form of recourse when it occurs as it did in the Zimmerman case.  It is inconceivable to me that there isn't any way to hold Zimmerman accountable for committing murder.  The most basic of civil rights is the right to walk through a neighborhood without being profiled, stalked and then murdered.  

We needed a guilty verdict in the Zimmerman case - we needed it not only as Justice for Trayvon and his family, but we needed it to send a message to every gun toting racist that they cannot go on a hunting expedition and gun down our children of color for sport. As it turns out, it is now hunting season in Florida and every other state that has SYG laws.  I am not kidding when I say that, if there is a thug or murderer out there that is hell bent on killing someone, I hope they set their scopes on George Zimmerman.  There I said it.  I wish this monster his worst nightmare - that he be shot in the head after being cornered by a demented nut case, so that he feels the fear Trayvon felt before the lights go out permanently for him.

But I am off track.  White people would not tolerate what African Americans are forced to tolerate day in and day out.  I cannot imagine having to worry about hanging my hands out the driver's window after being pulled over by a police officer; I cannot imagine having to worry about going into a department store and feeling that I was being profiled as a shoplifter simply because of my skin color.  I take these rights for granted - I am a U.S. Citizen and am entitled to these basic rights.  Why is the black person treated any differently?  But more importantly, why is anyone allowing it to happen? Who are these pigs that are instilling these racist thoughts in other people's minds? And why are we allowing them to do it? Why are we not calling them out on it?  

Prof. Michael Eric Dyson said it all for me yesterday at The Congressional Caucus on Black Men and Boys. Well, the entire panel made awesome statements, but Dr. Dyson brought it home for me.  http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/BlackMale#  What we need is for this movement not to die down - we need to do whatever we can to keep momentum up and deny the urge to fall back into line of our normal everyday lives like a herd of cattle.  Most importantly, we need all people of color to make this their breaking point - where each and every one walks away from their jobs, their everyday walks of life, and breaks their eyeglasses if they have to - but they should finally say enough is enough. I do believe that there are enough "people of color" in this Nation that if they were to do so - they could bring this Nation to its knees.  Let's see the white man run this country if the entire Nation of color refuses to budge for a few days.  I think people of color would be surprised to see just how many white people would walk beside them.  If the DOJ fails to charge Zimmerman, I propose that this Nation's people of color do just exactly that.  
Thank you CN for such a heartfelt post . Like you I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I think it is time to call for boycotts starting with Florida Tourism, every other state with SYG, and every corporation who sponsors Alec/NRA.

Truthfully I which we could find the names of businesses ran by nutters and call for boycotts of those businesses.

Zimmerman "For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America," Alex Fraser
ForJustice

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:57 pm

By rights, the characters of the kids in the SUV should not be brought out at trial - it is not germane to the case; but, we all know that their character will be trampled all over the media by defense counsel just as it was in Zimmerman.

This is why I believe there needs to be a couple of amendments to the Rules of Professional Conduct. First, it should be unethical and worthy of a bar complaint for an attorney to make statements to the media that could taint the jury pool. Second, it should be unethical for an attorney to maintain a web site that posts one-sided propaganda & begging for dollars on behalf of a defendant. These two unethical practices were employed by O'Mara in Zimmerman and as we all saw by the verdict, at least one juror took his propaganda as honest to God's truth.

George Zimmerman is a murderer, child molester and woman abuser who is breathing air that doesn't belong to him - I await Karma to inflict justice in the name of Trayvon.

Anyone who believes the defendant is innocent is a racist and anyone who contributes money to his defense is a stupid racist.”.  ~Professor Frederick Leatherman

Be Sure to Hit My + Like Button on Right  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:38 pm

I understood that someone was trying to get Corey off this case, afraid it was going to cause more racial friction.

begging for points.... bacon! bacon! bacon!

OH GREAT SPIRIT, WHO MADE ALL RACES, LOOK KINDLY UPON THE WHOLE HUMAN FAMILY AND TAKE AWAY THE ARROGANCE AND HATRED WHICH SEPARATES US FROM OUR BROTHERS...
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMaximus on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Febbie wrote:I understood that someone was trying to get Corey off this case, afraid it was going to cause more racial friction.  

People like that are so annoying. It's not the culture that treats POC like they're expendable that needs to change. Not the people who kill kids for no reason. Not the juries that keep wanting to give people breaks. No.

It's the prosecutors like Corey who are actually trying to hold these shooters accountable that have to go...Time for an expansion of Federal law imo. I don't mean to bash Florida and it's legal system, but I'm starting to doubt that the State is capable of doing right by the Trayvons and the Caylees without outside intervention. My goodness.

ADMaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMaximus on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:59 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:By rights, the characters of the kids in the SUV should not be brought out at trial - it is not germane to the case; but, we all know that their character will be trampled all over the media by defense counsel just as it was in Zimmerman.  

This is why I believe there needs to be a couple of amendments to the Rules of Professional Conduct.  First, it should be unethical and worthy of a bar complaint for an attorney to make statements to the media that could taint the jury pool.  Second, it should be unethical for an attorney to maintain a web site that posts one-sided propaganda & begging for dollars on behalf of a defendant.  These two unethical practices were employed by O'Mara in Zimmerman and as we all saw by the verdict, at least one juror took his propaganda as honest to God's truth.  

I'm really embarrassed that it has to be written out explicitly, but I agree with you 100%.

ADMaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:40 am

CherokeeNative wrote:By rights, the characters of the kids in the SUV should not be brought out at trial - it is not germane to the case; but, we all know that their character will be trampled all over the media by defense counsel just as it was in Zimmerman.  

This is why I believe there needs to be a couple of amendments to the Rules of Professional Conduct.  First, it should be unethical and worthy of a bar complaint for an attorney to make statements to the media that could taint the jury pool.  Second, it should be unethical for an attorney to maintain a web site that posts one-sided propaganda & begging for dollars on behalf of a defendant.  These two unethical practices were employed by O'Mara in Zimmerman and as we all saw by the verdict, at least one juror took his propaganda as honest to God's truth.  

--dunnkiller's lawyer, cory strolla, has said he's going to go after them, "specifically Tommie".

--what he's going to use (IMO) is that Tommie was arrested ,7/10/2011, for burglary (plead guilty) and was on a 2 year probation (supposed to be home from 7 p.m. -7 a.m.) and therefore, Jordan shouldn't have even been there for dunn TO shoot, since it was after 7 p.m. .....and of course, pointing out that Jordan hung out w/ a felon, blah di blah....

--it's the same as w/ trayvon, he could have BEEN the worst "thug" on the planet (wasn't!) but tubbo had no clue other than his 'suspect visual'---B/M walking-- and followed/pursued/stalked and shot him dead.

--dunn had no clue who these kids were, the "thug music" (his words) was annoying him, the kids dared to defy him, and he deliberately pulled out his 9mm from the glove box and opened fire.

--the defense will spin this, we're just shy of 2 months until trial, watch for strolla to hit the media w/ his (jury pool tainting) getting out there all sorts of 'info' that he would never be allowed to introduce at trial.....a la' O'liar.

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:54 am

Febbie wrote:I understood that someone was trying to get Corey off this case, afraid it was going to cause more racial friction.  

--I haven't heard that (?)...we do know that john guy and erin wolfson will be prosecuting as well since this one is a Jacksonville case.

--this is apparently erin wolfson's 1st homicide case,( and that angela corey took this case on herself to "teach and train" her)----I hope she brings the mantei intelligence to the state's table.

Erin Wolfson

Current Assistant State Attorney at  4th Judicial Circuit of Florida
Education University of Florida - Fredric G. Levin College of Law
Vanderbilt University

Erin Wolfson's Experience
Assistant State Attorney

4th Judicial Circuit of Florida

2008 – Present (5 years)

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Ron Davis and Lucia McBath, parents of Jordan Davis

Post by papapi on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:00 am

Ron Davis and Lucia McBath, parents of Jordan Davis, appeared last night on AC360 with Anderson Cooper, along with attorney John Phillips.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to. He shot him for the worst of all reasons, because he wanted to." John Guy, Esq., ASA, Florida
""Trayvon was a person, he had heart, he had love, he had a lot of love. Judging him out of a picture...naw." Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon Martin's friend

papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:35 am

This is another "common sense" case. Common sense tells you that just because you disfavor the music blasting from a neighboring vehicle, and just because you see a perceived "thug" reach down towards the floorboard and rising up does not, I repeat, does not, give you the right to open fire with a barrage of bullets aimed at a carload of people.

Of course, because of the ambiguous wording of Florida's SYG laws, all that need be shown is that Dunn feared great bodily harm or death in order to be justified in shooting. It's ludicrous.

CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by axpm on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:56 am

Gizmo711 wrote:Very well said CN.  Something needs to be done.  Not that every time something happens like this it goes away and another life lost senselessly.  I agree, that what happened to Trayvon should come back to the coward or someone he loves to see how it feels.  I don't like wishing bad on anyone but sometimes it takes someone to get a dose of what they have been dishing out to come back at them.

That juror #37 is a replica of what this state is about.  I have lived here for 18 years now and still cannot get used to the mindset of people here. I would move back up north in a heartbeat just to get away from the likes of these people, but I just can't I would be breaking up my grand kids.  There are also a lot of people that come here just to hate and get away with it.  Like the Zimmermans, I believe they came to the south just so they can expose their hatred for black people.

This ludicrous law SYG was designed just for what it is being used for, there is no doubt in my mind.  It's giving the haters an opportunity to kill at leisure and walk away.  The government needs to step in but they wont. They will leave it up to the local government.  This is why I hope so very much that the DOJ gets involved due to Trayvons civil rights being taken by the coward.

I have to be in court today for a ticket I am fighting.  My hearing time is 1:30pm.  I never had to fight a ticket before so I don't know how it is handled here.  But I guess I will find out today lol.

Omg, gizmo. I feel the same. Ive been here from up north for 7 years and im devising my escape plan as we speak. lol! as far as the dunn trial, what county will the jury be picked from? cuz like the gz trial, it depends on the mindset of the jury. I believe no matter what the evidence was they were gonna let him walk. I dont want to see this in this trial. i believe people will raise up if this dude walks free too.

axpm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Febbie wrote:

O/T
Hope you have good luck on the ticket.    Gdaughter got a seat belt ticket and they sent bill for $1,143.00... this will be something I can't wait for the court to explain.  I am staying cool, just waiting to get my say...since I am the payee.

Sorry about your dilemma, it's much worse than mine. In any case I lost. I wasn't even allowed to be heard. I am sending a complaint letter against this officer. He practically told the judge that I had stopped for the light and then decided to go thru it. Meanwhile he didn't pull me over for almost a mile away and over a hill. But I was cited. I'm 67 years old and have a clean drivers license, never even had one point against it, and suddenly I'm going to decide to just stop for a light and then decide to just go thru it, at night, in the rain and with my granddaughter in the car. I asked if the officer had a camera in his car and he said he didn't have it on. So it was my word against his and they took his word.

There was one case that really got to me. It was a young black male that had received three tickets from the same officer. The last one being just two days ago before this hearing. He told the judge that he lived in the area and felt that he was being picked out to harass. The judge never responded and just cited him for the ticket that he was there for. It's a damn shame that nothing is listened to and it's like no one can see the injustice being done.

I sure hope your case turns out better than my did. I will say a prayer for you.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum