CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Nan11 wrote:
bigman wrote:I loved the police interview where Dunn kept saying "I feared for my life", expecting to be let go like Z-Man was, the look on his face when they placed him under arrest & charged him with murder was priceless.
Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 3832209657 Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 3450312308

Those words--"I feared for my life,"--seem to have become a mantra for those intending to murder and walk free, don't they?

How true, Nan, how true. If I'm recalling the description of the incident, this big man was too cowardly to exit his vehicle before he opened fire on his innocent victim. Is there a Cowards Scale where cowards like Michael Dunn and George Zimmerman can be rated – like low, lower, lowest scumbag coward?
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by Febbie Sat May 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Pap the question last night in chat was when this case will go to trial?
A judge set a trial date of September 23, 2013 for Michael Dunn. He is accused of the first-degree murder of 17-year-old Jordan Davis last year.

Nothing has been updated that has changed this date.
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat May 25, 2013 2:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sounds like another case we have just watched
Read the comments:

justtruth04/09/13 - 12:40 pm

Not surprised that

Not surprised that prosecutors are acting like typical prosecutors....TRYING TO DENY THE DEFENSE TEAM vital info about the case. How the heck can they (legally) try to deny the defense team a witness list!?

Supposedly, we have the "best" justice system in the world, but sometimes it just makes me sick at how the "authorities" act

Read more at Jacksonville.com: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat May 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Duval judge in Jordan Davis case steps down after Michael Dunn accuses her of misconduct

Circuit Judge Suzanne Bass agreed to step down this week. In agreeing to recuse herself, Bass did not comment on the veracity of the allegations but found them legally sufficient
She will be replaced by Circuit Judge Mallory Cooper.
Cooper’s first hearing in the case is scheduled for June 4.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat May 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Motion to recuse Judge Bass

Bass step down, replaced by Judge Cooper that has a history of proceeding over high profile cases, such as the Cristian Fernandez case.
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Sat May 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Febbie wrote:Pap the question last night in chat was when this case will go to trial?
A judge set a trial date of September 23, 2013 for Michael Dunn. He is accused of the first-degree murder of 17-year-old Jordan Davis last year.

Nothing has been updated that has changed this date.

Thank you, Febb. I'll put this in the banner soon. Interest is going to start to peek with this case as the trial approaches. I wonder if Dunn's attorneys will also attempt to trash the victim. Seems a popular defense strategy these days. Suspect
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat May 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Has there been any discovery released? As this is a sunshine state we should see something. I think they are going to trash everyone in the car as being thugs (It sounds like a repeat of a certain other case)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat May 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Ladytwee wrote:Has there been any discovery released? As this is a sunshine state we should see something. I think they are going to trash everyone in the car as being thugs (It sounds like a repeat of a certain other case)

--there's nothing listed on his docket, other than 12/3/2012 "defendant's intent to participate in discovery".

--the last motion heard was may 3rd---indigency---denied.

--pre-trial hearings set for 6/4/2013 and 9/19/2013.

--Michael David Dunn docket
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sun May 26, 2013 12:32 am

The Judge Mallory Cooper

Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigman Sun May 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Nan11 wrote:
bigman wrote:I loved the police interview where Dunn kept saying "I feared for my life", expecting to be let go like Z-Man was, the look on his face when they placed him under arrest & charged him with murder was priceless.
Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 3832209657 Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 3450312308

Those words--"I feared for my life,"--seem to have become a mantra for those intending to murder and walk free, don't they?

I've seen a guy on another forum and he rants those words constantly. "Always tell them you feared for your life", glad there were good witnesses to this one.

bigman

Back to top Go down

Post by MoxieDoll Thu May 30, 2013 7:22 pm

I live in Jacksonville and was actually at that particular Gate station the morning of the shooting. Dunn shot at least 8 times into the car and nearly hit another passenger-the bullet was lodged in the headrest of the seat he was sitting in. Dunn's girlfriend was inside and he waited for her to walk out and then they left-driving about 3 hours home.

If you're afraid for your life and your GF is safely inside a store (which is on a busy corner, there were LOTS of witnesses), wouldn't you just put the car in reverse and get out of there? Call the police on your cell and report it while you get to safety. That's just one reason to throw the BS flag out on his story.

The JSO searched up and down both roads (which are busy 4 lane roads) and there was NO weapon anywhere. Basically, nobody with any sense believes this guy. First Trayvon and now him-it's an embarrassment.

MoxieDoll

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu May 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Nan11 wrote:
MoxieDoll wrote:I live in Jacksonville and was actually at that particular Gate station the morning of the shooting. Dunn shot at least 8 times into the car and nearly hit another passenger-the bullet was lodged in the headrest of the seat he was sitting in. Dunn's girlfriend was inside and he waited for her to walk out and then they left-driving about 3 hours home.

If you're afraid for your life and your GF is safely inside a store (which is on a busy corner, there were LOTS of witnesses), wouldn't you just put the car in reverse and get out of there? Call the police on your cell and report it while you get to safety. That's just one reason to throw the BS flag out on his story.

The JSO searched up and down both roads (which are busy 4 lane roads) and there was NO weapon anywhere. Basically, nobody with any sense believes this guy. First Trayvon and now him-it's an embarrassment.
Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 1217042266

Thanks for you input. It's hard to get around the similarities as far as what the motive was in both cases.

How many people would be murdered everyday if we all took offense to loud music and decided we had a right to use our guns to stop it?

And it is way to easy to only have to say you were afraid for your life.

The kids should have never left the parking lot--but who could blame them? They were probably scared for their lives, as their actions show. imo

Hope to see you around.

First: MOXIEDOLL Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 1238216

Second: BBM - I would have left and called the cops from another location - who wants to stay and see what the creeps going to do more.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by sams Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 am

With someone shooting a gun, leaving the area would be my first thought. I am not surprised the kids drove out of there.

sams

Back to top Go down

Post by ForJustice Fri May 31, 2013 1:26 pm

Dunn deserves LWOP! I live in Orlando where a young black male was just sentenced to life for robbing a jewelry store with a gun. No one was physically injured or shot during the robbery. He now has life in prison what should Dunn get?

Kelly shot and killed her boyfriend and she gets to walk and resume her life. What the hell is going on in Florida? I feel sad and suspicious also.

ForJustice
ForJustice

Back to top Go down

Post by NoahMan Fri May 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Nan11 wrote:
MoxieDoll wrote:I live in Jacksonville and was actually at that particular Gate station the morning of the shooting. Dunn shot at least 8 times into the car and nearly hit another passenger-the bullet was lodged in the headrest of the seat he was sitting in. Dunn's girlfriend was inside and he waited for her to walk out and then they left-driving about 3 hours home.

Thanks for you input. It's hard to get around the similarities as far as what the motive was in both cases.

How many people would be murdered everyday if we all took offense to loud music and decided we had a right to use our guns to stop it?

The kids should have never left the parking lot--but who could blame them? They were probably scared for their lives, as their actions show. imo

Hope to see you around.

Agreed. This and the Trayvon Martin Murder really doesn't make Florida look too good. I wonder what it is about Florida. Is it the snowbird factor? Somehow the state attracts some real numbnuts like the Zimmermans and their selfish imbecilic wannabe kids. Another state that's been heading in that direction is Nevada, particularly Las Vegas.

No offense to anyone from those states. But honestly, it's like y'all been inundated with heartless morons in the last decade or so. So, it's really not necessarily the inherent population, but maybe certain aging "snowbirds" come in and taint the place with their old-fashioned Archie Bunker style ignorance.
NoahMan
NoahMan

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm

NoahMan wrote:
Nan11 wrote:

Hope to see you around.

Agreed. This and the Trayvon Martin Murder really doesn't make Florida look too good. I wonder what it is about Florida. Is it the snowbird factor? Somehow the state attracts some real numbnuts like the Zimmermans and their selfish imbecilic wannabe kids. Another state that's been heading in that direction is Nevada, particularly Las Vegas.

No offense to anyone from those states. But honestly, it's like y'all been inundated with heartless morons in the last decade or so. So, it's really not necessarily the inherent population, but maybe certain aging "snowbirds" come in and taint the place with their old-fashioned Archie Bunker style ignorance.

Well, on top of the "snowbirds" hasn't Vegas pretty much been left to entire subdivisions being vacant from foreclosures? Such an economic downturn would play a big part in the increase in crime in the area. I've heard Vegas has really gone down hill over the past few years.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by MoxieDoll Fri May 31, 2013 6:03 pm

I don't really think it's snowbirds as much as just being a southern state. North Florida is very different from any other part of the state, it's more like southern Georgia than it is a tropical tourist area. The same with Sanford. Even though it's close to Orlando, it's actually rural central Florida, which is still very southern. Attitudes are very slow to change here, there's still quite a bit of overt racism, and this area is very conservative. The comments you read are from people who are vocally supportive of the 2nd amendment and the stand your ground law. It's a tough life as a liberal here :)

This area where Jordan was shot is actually a very nice part of town. Behind that Gate station is a gated community with million dollar homes. One of the FSCJ campuses is across the street. I just had lunch next door to the Gate today with my son. It's definitely not where you would expect a shooting.

(thanks so much for the welcome everyone. I've been lurking during the Jodi Arias case and finally jumped in since I know the area and a little bit about this case.)

MoxieDoll

Back to top Go down

Post by sams Fri May 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Reading at Jacksonville.com about this case. Judge Suzanne Bass has agreed to step down from the case. Bass will be replaced by Judge Cooper who presided over the Christian Fernandez case.
My friends in Miami say "the further north you go in Florida the further south you are.

sams

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri May 31, 2013 7:32 pm

sams wrote:Reading at Jacksonville.com about this case. Judge Suzanne Bass has agreed to step down from the case. Bass will be replaced by Judge Cooper who presided over the Christian Fernandez case.
My friends in Miami say "the further north you go in Florida the further south you are.

I guess I am slow, but what does "further north you go in Florida the further south you are" mean?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Fri May 31, 2013 7:45 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
sams wrote:Reading at Jacksonville.com about this case. Judge Suzanne Bass has agreed to step down from the case. Bass will be replaced by Judge Cooper who presided over the Christian Fernandez case.

I guess I am slow, but what does "further north you go in Florida the further south you are" mean?

Could it maybe have something to do with the Bermuda Triangle? Things get twisted around in there sometimes, time warp, worm hole, fourth dimension, or something strange like that, I've heard. affraid Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 2 3394282200
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by MoxieDoll Fri May 31, 2013 7:58 pm

It's because central and north Florida are much more southern in culture and attitudes than south Florida. When people move here, they generally move between further south than Tampa. Where I live, we have been here for generations, there are still some very rural areas and it's more old south than tropical.

MoxieDoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next