CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:02 pm

OMG - wait until you listen to these jailhouse calls - I am on the beginning of the first, and what a weak lame assed chick - boo hooo, she is a basket case just like on the witness stand...
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:16 pm

At 23:10, Dunn says he is in a room by himself, which sucks, but it's better than being in a room with those animals...
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by justthefactsforjustice Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi all just got to the end of the updates and listened to footage of judges response to questions

im thinking that the logical is guilty on the four counts 3 attempted and firearm charge
probably a lesser attempted

Then they cant agree on m1 or 2 for Jordan and that is the sticking point

justthefactsforjustice

Back to top Go down

Post by justthefactsforjustice Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:25 pm

It sucks that he did not enlighten them on the result of a deadlock IE
retrial if the state so chooses
to me that may have been part of what they were looking for in an answer
I would assume that it would have to have been without objection from each side and if contested they would have had to have a hearing orf the points to decide if the instruction was within the law
Cant say how that would go

justthefactsforjustice

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Just - I don't know if the Judge is allowed to explain the consequences of their being hung.  I know the Jury is not to be talked to about what the sentencing guidelines are as a result of a specific finding - so it would stand to reason that the Judge cannot discuss what the outcome of a hung jury would be at least until afterwards when all is said and done.  But I just don't know.

I agree that it would seem most likely that they are hung on Count 1 - the murder charge - and that they have verdicts in the remaining four - whether that is as charged or of a lesser degree or not guilty is yet to be seen.  Thing is, if they had found self-defense, there would be nothing to hang.  

I am sure we will know something tomorrow - surely they won't keep trying much longer.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Read Professor Leatherman's post on what he believes the jury is hung up on: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:25 pm

ellejay wrote:--I think they've arrived at a verdict on the attempted murders, 3 counts of G. and of firing into the car, 1 count of G.

--they can't agree on Jordan's killing, b/c some want M1, some want M2, some want manslaughter , some want an even lesser, etc.....and they have to all be unanimous.

This is what I think, too. I think those are the four verdicts and that those are guilty verdicts, and it's the murder charge that they can't agree on. I believe it's possible that one or more jurors do believe it was self-defense, but that his actions endangered the other three boys. I hope that they find Guilty or 1st or 2nd degree and that nobody wants to see this POS walk.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:35 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Read Professor Leatherman's post on what he believes the jury is hung up on:  http://frederickleatherman.com/2014/02/14/jury-could-be-hung-on-brunson-count/#comment-254897

Interesting, but I think it's way to complex for this jury to be thinking like Leatherman. I think that firing wildly into a car with four kids, when he only intended to kill one (which he did) makes him guilty of three counts of attempted murder of the three kids that weren't sassing him. (Also, firing at the rear of the fleeing vehicle equals attempted murder.) I see the other charge of hurling deadly projectiles . . . whatever . . . equates to firing a gun in a public area, which he absolutely did and one random shot missed the truck and could have hit anybody (but didn't).

His claim of self-defense doesn't erase his responsibility for firing on three young men who he didn't claim were threatening him. However, I do believe that some jurors might have believed that he was defending his life when he killed JD. I can't see them being deadlocked with M1 or M2. I think they would compromise to agree on a murder conviction. I really feel that some want to acquit on the murder charge. If they can't come to agreement, then the state will have to have another trial on the murder charge.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, too.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:07 am

Yep - that's my feeling Cleos - Waaayyy too complex for the jury to even think about. I've questioned the Professor that if this turns out to be the issue, why can't the Judge provide another jury instructions to clarify it - he says he can't - but why? Why wouldn't the Judge be able to provide another instruction that could prevent a retrial or appellate issue? Just doesn't make sense to me. I am sure there is something I am over looking but what?

Okay, so they are deliberating again as of 6:05am - that they gave up so early last night, I have the feeling that they will be announcing shortly that they have a verdict - leaving out the one that they are hung on.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:45 am

See - they are trying to figure a way to get this SOB off with self-defense...damn
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:51 am

Ben Montgomery ‏@gangrey  · 1m  
#DunnTrial jury has a three-part question:  1. Is the defense of self defense separate for each person in each count?

Are we determining if deadly force was justified against each person in each count?

Or, if we determine if deadly force is justified against one person, is it justified against the others?
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:53 am

Based upon their questions - it appears, TO ME, that they have found that it was self-defense as to Jordan Davis on Murder 1, but are trying to determine self-defense of the remaining victims. Am I hearing the questions correctly?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:59 am

--this is ridiculous, if the jury instructions are "confusing", why don't they make them so that a juror CAN understand them?

Ben Montgomery ‏@gangrey · 3m
Judge doesn't want to read section on justified use of deadly force bc it's "one of the most confusing things I read to them." #DunnTrial

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:59 am

I know I am speculating - but what else could it be? The have to be finding that Dunn's shooting of Jordan was in self-defense. And if that is the case, do I dare start my rant now?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:59 am

Hi CN - I agree. OMG I cannot believe this jury is going to give him justifiable force for JD. This is SICK
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:05 pm

ellejay wrote:Ben Montgomery ‏@gangrey  · 1m  
#DunnTrial jury has a three-part question:  1. Is the defense of self defense separate for each person in each count?
--answer: Yes

Are we determining if deadly force was justified against each person in each count?
--answer: Yes

Or, if we determine if deadly force is justified against one person, is it justified against the others?
--answer:No, self defense and justifiable use of deadly force applies separately to each count.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Michael Skolnik ‏@MichaelSkolnik · 2m
Dunn doesn't want the judge to tell the jury that all counts should be treated separately. But, judge says that is the law. #DunnTrial

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Another trial that has caused me to shed tears. WTF? JD's dad's face says it all. These jurors are f***tards.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:14 pm

I am so sick of these racist assholes - Florida has basically said that it is okay to shoot young black men because white men are afraid of them simply because of the color of their skin. I am at such a loss as to how to explain this to our black community. I could not, for the life of me, look a person of color in the eye and try to justify what has been happening in our society. All I can suggest is if you live in the south and you are African American, move NOW - move to the West Coast because we do not treat our people this way.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:16 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I know I am speculating - but what else could it be?  They have to be finding that Dunn's shooting of Jordan was in self-defense.  And if that is the case, do I dare start my rant now?

--as John Philips points out, "They" could be just ONE of them.

John M. Phillips ‏@JohnPhillips  · 22m  
Juror questions are just that- a question one juror wants to ask. It's not always the "jury's question."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by axpm Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Wtf!!! This is too damn much! im so tired of this.

axpm

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:21 pm

--if it's just ONE juror that doesn't believe the self defense , that one better well stand their ground and hang the jury on count one and not cave in to the others.

--I'd much rather have an entire new trial for Jordan than to have that racist BULLY get off on his murder.

--god, this jury is making me nervous!
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:24 pm

I know I am going to get bashed for this irresponsible statement that I am about to make, but dammit, what else can be done? We have a black President who has been disrespected simply because of the color of his skin, and we have our black teens being murdered simply because the rednecks want a reason to kill them.

The African American community has stood tall and tried to allow justice to do its work despite clear bias in the justice system and all it has done time and time again is kicked them in the face. It's time that African Americans come together and let it be shown that they will no longer put up with the murdering of their children and then sit by while our justice system lets their murderers walk free. I'm over it. Something needs to be done. Not later - but NOW.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by axpm Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Seriously, what now? If they let him go and acorey comes with her shit again, what then? The,prosecution again was sad and seemed half hearted. The secret jyry selection. The secret everything of this trial has me wondering what else can we do against this protect the guns and white privilege at all costs mentality. Im at a severe loss. I really hope they arent considering letting this pos go.

axpm

Back to top Go down

Post by axpm Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:27 pm

If u cant beat them join em. Lets see how they feel if we start pushing arming all minorities in order to make sure their civil liberties dont continue to get trampled by whites with guns.

axpm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next