CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Madara200 Sat May 25, 2013 7:59 pm

One Wonders wrote:Sooooo, not only was foreman Bill Zervakos a big know it all *it seem's* he's also as much of a liar as JA is. I cannot wait for the other juror's to speak. I also hope that since he double crossed the rest of the juror's they will double cross him and reveal that at least he was a LWOP stinker.
I had also read on WS last night about him *Mr Know It All* thinking that the judge would impose the sentence if the jury deadlocked. Does anyone else hear the huge cop out there as I do?
I wonder if a person like him can be investigated as a stealth juror? If he were to be found to be a stealth juror his punishment should be he pay's for the redo. I can pretty much assure you anyone else that tried to pull a stunt like that in the future would think twice.

Does this exist? Has anyone every been convicted of being a stealth juror? He seems very taken with JA, and he has undertaken a one-man campaign to resurrect her image. I don't like this at all!!!! Besides that, he is a self-proclaimed idiot by admitting that he did not realize that a hung jury meant mistrial. I knew that. What was he not listening to or is he pretending. I can't even watch any of his interviews at this point...it leaves me seething.

Madara200

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ellejay Sun May 26, 2013 3:34 am

--listening to/reading the foreman's interviews , I thank our lucky stars that we got the GUILTY! of premeditated M1.

--he was moved by the impact stmts of Samantha and Steven, but, "this wasn't about them".....he hopes they can heal, and hopes that the murderer "can find peace".

--he would like to talk to her, to "find out what really happened".

--he told himself that he wouldn't look at her when the guilty verdict was read----but did, and will "remember her face forever".

--"“There was a Jodi Arias before June 4 of 2008 and a Jodi Arias after June 4 of 2008. Jodi Arias before that time seemed like an absolutely normal young woman; going through relationships, ups and downs, there was no history of any kind of violence, there was no history of any unusual problems with relationships, they were pretty typical."

-----(i'd better tell my kids to start hacking into their ex's emails/phones and get cracking on slashing their tires ETC----I want them to be "absolutely normal" after all...)

--"What she did was horrible, there’s no question about it, but this is a human being. Our [sic] jury’s prudence system is based on innocent until proven guilty. And this girl was crucified in the court of public opinion. We didn’t know that of course until after the fact.”

-----(so what if she ('this girl') was crucified in the court of public opinion????----which he claims to have learned "after the fact".)

--it is shocking that he claims that coming back 8/4 would have thrown it to the judge to decide LWOP or life, w/ the possibility of parole.

--even IF he didn't understand the instructions that it had to be 12/12 for EITHER ---did the other 11 not get that as well??

--we've been through a couple of trials, where the jurors seemed to NOT have understood the jury instructions even though they all have copies IN the jury room.

--after listening to weeks, sometimes months, of testimony---I think that in the end, when it comes down to the jury instructions, rather than read them off aloud in court, when the jury is exhausted/glad it's over------they should be excused for the rest of the day.

--fresh in the a.m.----jury instructions!! warn them that they are going to be long-----but IMPORTANT /pay attention!---any questions??? please write them down and they'll be dealt w/ BEFORE deliberations, and throughout if that's what it takes.

--(the FOREMAN in the kc case whimpered "I wish there had been something else that we could have found her guilty of..." (besides M1)------O.M.G. there was a LITANY! of choices between that and----lying to LE...and they were all LISTED in the jury instructions.)

--a motion was filed to see what the Q's were that this jury had while deliberating.

--I can't wait to see them.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun May 26, 2013 4:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jury Foreman for Jodi Arias - Crime Writer Inside the Courtroom
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun May 26, 2013 4:36 am

high time

Posted on May 25, 2013

By the day the mistrial in the Jodi Arias sentencing phase was declared, I had been making the trek to downtown Phoenix nearly every day for months to sit in the courtroom in solidarity with the Alexander family. Weeks of agony produced new bonds forged, new friendships blossoming, a breath of purpose in to my life, opportunities for growth and letting go.

When I’d been invited with the great honor and gift to sit with the family during this trial I immediately knew two things: 1. my greatest asset I could offer this family was my confidence in justice having walked this road myself twice and 2. I would make the most of that seat in every possible way I could imagine. As the end of this arduous process is near, I feel confident in the accomplishment of both goals. More on that down the road.

---more @ link.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun May 26, 2013 5:10 am

--juror #6 boarding the bus at the end of trial.

--she cried during the family impact stmts.

--mouthed "I'm sorry" to the alexander family after the (non) verdict.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews

She wanted the death penalty for #JodiArias. Juror No. 6 describes deliberations in an EXCLUSIVE int @ 10 on @12news

I'm sitting with #JodiArias juror number six and she's willing to take a question from you. What do you have? #TravisAlexander

How did she vote in the penalty phase & why?
Death --- #JodiArias aggravators outweighed mitigators

How does she think JM did? I loved him.
She was very impressed

Did she notice how much JA was not paying attention... Doodling, writing, etc ?
They noticed and it seemed disingenuous

what did they think about the gas cans?
The gas cans were key

what was the split 8-4 male vs female?
There was no gender trend

Exclusive interview w/ #JodiArias juror who voted for death [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] #Phoenix #TravisAlexander
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun May 26, 2013 5:31 am

Jodi Arias juror No. 6 speaks about trial
The retired 911 director from Oregon explained to 12 News why she voted for the death penalty.

“I personally spent a lot of time soul searching,” the grandmother of three grandchildren said. “Was it the right decision?”

But after carefully weighing the aggravating and mitigating factors, she arrived at her decision. She looked at the planning, the coverup, the continual lying and the mechanism of death in reaching her vote.
She said she felt Arias’ testimony was “repetitive and scripted.”

“I didn’t see any remorse,” she said of Arias. “I saw a very disconnected person.”

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 26, 2013 6:34 am

Does anyone know if this guy is married? He should have never been on this trial.

I can't help but feel that he somehow, someway, maybe with his eyes, or maybe thru some source, gave Jodi the idea that she would not receive a guilty verdict. Jodi was too confident during the trial, she was too surprised at the verdict, not to have thought along the way that she stood a good chance at not being found guilty of "first degree" murder.

I'm with you Ellejay, we are lucky to have received a guilty verdict at all out of him. I'm surprised he didn't hang the jury first go round.

It's all BS, when he says that he didn't think he was hanging the jury. This man is no idiot, he had an agenda when getting on that trial.

There is no way that he thought this to be a VERDICT. Almost sounds like Jodi when she claimed not to know that any sex other than the normal was against the Mormon faith.

Some way or another Jodi knew that the foreman was on her side and that gave her all this confidence. This is why she said she felt betrayed after the verdict. This is why she was devastated at all the verdicts.

Maybe he wants her all to himself with conjugal visits down the line.

He is the one that wouldn't listen to reason in that deliberating room, that's why he entered that "non verdict" as a "verdict". One would have to be a complete idiot not to know that he was dead locking that jury and three others followed him. He managed to have that much control that got three jurors to side with him. So he was going to hand it in as a verdict before he would have ended up being the ONLY one.

This guy is as cunning as Jodi.

There is NO way that he could have thought that Travis abused Jodi in any way. Even the taping of that sex conversation was Jodi having an agenda.

And I still think that she may have threatened Travis by telling him that she had that tape, which is why he sent her that nasty email.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 26, 2013 6:44 am

It also could be that this "foreman" knew that if he had hung the jury on the conviction that another jury would be called in and Jodi would certainly be found guilty and get the DP. That could be why he did find her guilty on the conviction so that he can stay on till the end.

Sort of a cunning move (like all of Jodi's moves).

And somehow Jodi was aware that this juror (the foreman) was all for her.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Sun May 26, 2013 7:37 am

One Wonders wrote:Sooooo, not only was foreman Bill Zervakos a big know it all *it seem's* he's also as much of a liar as JA is. I cannot wait for the other juror's to speak. I also hope that since he double crossed the rest of the juror's they will double cross him and reveal that at least he was a LWOP stinker.
I had also read on WS last night about him *Mr Know It All* thinking that the judge would impose the sentence if the jury deadlocked. Does anyone else hear the huge cop out there as I do?
I wonder if a person like him can be investigated as a stealth juror? If he were to be found to be a stealth juror his punishment should be he pay's for the redo. I can pretty much assure you anyone else that tried to pull a stunt like that in the future would think twice.

I had suspected from the first question ...the IF xyz question after 2 hrs of deliberating ... that the jurors did think that the judge would decide the sentencing ...that is a common practice around the country. So, I can't fault them for thinking that ... they were trying to abdicate so that they could get home for a holiday THIS year.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 am

OT...The Wendi Andriano case is on Snapped right now on the Oxygen Channel. This is the case that Juan got the death penalty.

It is currently 10:22 EST.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Belle Sun May 26, 2013 11:57 am

Mornin Friends, I have been under the weather but doing much better, I have also been sulking with this jury and foreman, he mentioned and clarified sort of on some news channel that Jodi just didn't fit the horrible murder she commited, what was this jerk doing on the jury? It is embarrassing to see such stupidity spoken from this person. What part did she not do, again in my heart she could have killed 3 different people in each attack, she just laid it on Travis, as he screamed and knew he was going to die. I am beyond disappointed with this guy. The jury questions and interviews for possible jurors needs to be tightened. This is horrible for the kids and I worry about them now more than ever. I'm sure they will visit Travis tomorrow with such heavy hearts, and I hope and pray they can see this through. There has to be Justice for Travis, there are so many in last decade or two that have walked away free. This foreman needs to go back to the cave he crawled out of and stay there. ,,, Jodi Arias #4 - Page 30 3517373132 .... Im sure he enjoyed the xxx pics, many talkng heads think so. Thank God for this forum or I think I would implode, 23 hours in 1 hour out for Jodi and no interviews, Im hoping after several weeks of that life style she may plead for death for herself. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 30 3031884389 I must say I genuinely hate this woman!
Nell Belle
Nell Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy123 Sun May 26, 2013 12:07 pm

I'll be honest and admit, the first time I saw Jodi I was surprised someone like her would commit such a heinous crime. But after seeing several interviews of her, and getting a bit more insight into who she was as a person, I can totally see her snapping and killing Travis or any man, when she doesn't get her way. I visited Jodi's old myspace page, and I noticed she got a lot of compliments about how she was so beautiful and talented, it seems that the flattering comments went to her head big time. She probably was so used to people telling her how beautiful and pretty she was, that she just couldn't handle Travis' rejection.

lucy123

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Sun May 26, 2013 12:20 pm

lucy123 wrote:I'll be honest and admit, the first time I saw Jodi I was surprised someone like her would commit such a heinous crime. But after seeing several interviews of her, and getting a bit more insight into who she was as a person, I can totally see her snapping and killing Travis or any man, when she doesn't get her way. I visited Jodi's old myspace page, and I noticed she got a lot of compliments about how she was so beautiful and talented, it seems that the flattering comments went to her head big time. She probably was so used to people telling her how beautiful and pretty she was, that she just couldn't handle Travis' rejection.

Jodi Arias didn't "SNAP!" and commit this heinous murder. She premeditated and planned to murder Travis Alexander, for what appears to still be an unknown reason, though there's been a lot of speculation, but basically because he thought she might be dangerous, was trash and rejected her. And she planned to do it in a very horrible and cruel way, stabbing and slicing him to death as he struggled to free himself from his tormentor. There was no "SNAP!" about it.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Sun May 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:OT...The Wendi Andriano case is on Snapped right now on the Oxygen Channel. This is the case that Juan got the death penalty.

It is currently 10:22 EST.

In case you missed the show here it is below... Also Juan didn't treat this killer with kid gloves either. Very interesting.

Part 1

Part 2

Sorry for the off topic, but this case mirrors JA's case in many ways.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun May 26, 2013 1:06 pm

We really need to look at the big picture here and for our sake, not Jodi's, get rid of the hate.

The big picture is this jury (including this idiot foreman) convicted her of the worst murder charges on the books as we all agree they should have. They only hung up on the issue of death. This country is moving further and further away from the medieval times where there'd be immediate hangings and beheadings. Without turning this into a political discussion, suffice to say that we as a country are getting less and less comfortable with capital punishment. For that reason, I never had my heart set on the DP for Jodi.

Now let's look at the facts. Through the years, Arizona has had many women convicted of heinous crimes including killing their kids and husbands/boyfriends. But if I'm not mistaken, they haven't put a woman to death in almost 100 years (1930). The fact of the matter here is, Jodi's not going to be put to death regardless of who the jury foreman was. If the jury had voted 12-0 for death, the judge could have overturned it, the governor could have overturned it, the Arizona Supreme Court could have overturned it, the US Supreme Court might have overturned it. She might have been granted an appeal and a new trial. The bottomline is, this girl is not going to be put to death. It just ain't happenin'. Accept it and move on.

Life's too short to spend your energies hating not only this woman, but now the jury foreman. OK, he wasn't an ideal person to serve on the jury much less as foreman but that's the way it goes when you choose 12 people. Not everyone is going to be a Juan Martinez fan like we are here.

Personally, I'm thrilled that Jodi's been declared guilty of Murder 1 unlike OJ Simpson, Robert Blake and Casey Anthony. If I had my druthers, I'd like to see her sit on death row for awhile even though I know eventually they'd spare her life. The only thing I care about now is that she get life w/o parole. Then I want her locked up and forgotten. She's not worth the energy for me to hate. Keeping such negative emotions w/i myself indefinitely hurts me much more than her. In fact it doesn't affect her at all. Ditto for the jury foreman. I agree he's an idiot and I'd love the chance to debate him but I'm not going to let him induce hate from me. Fact is, it wasn't an 11-1 decision. He alone didn't hang this jury. In my opinion they will not retry this penalty phase in front of a new jury. Jodi will not agree to any pleas; the state will just accept life, fight any appeals and move on.

If you're really into trials, you're in luck. The George Zimmerman one is right around the corner and will be much more intriguing than this one.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Sun May 26, 2013 1:22 pm

There's really nothing anymore intriguing about the upcoming Zimmerman trial than there was about the Arias trial. Both defendants as lying pieces of human excrement, both committed completely unjustifiable acts of murderous carnage, and both don't deserve to ever live among civilized society again.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun May 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Jodi Arias Jury Members' 'Trying Experience'

Jurors discuss Arias' testimony, indecision to decide on her punishment.

03:44 | 05/26/2013
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Sun May 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Sea Ray wrote:We really need to look at the big picture here and for our sake, not Jodi's, get rid of the hate.

The big picture is this jury (including this idiot foreman) convicted her of the worst murder charges on the books as we all agree they should have. They only hung up on the issue of death. This country is moving further and further away from the medieval times where there'd be immediate hangings and beheadings. Without turning this into a political discussion, suffice to say that we as a country are getting less and less comfortable with capital punishment. For that reason, I never had my heart set on the DP for Jodi.

Now let's look at the facts. Through the years, Arizona has had many women convicted of heinous crimes including killing their kids and husbands/boyfriends. But if I'm not mistaken, they haven't put a woman to death in almost 100 years (1930). The fact of the matter here is, Jodi's not going to be put to death regardless of who the jury foreman was. If the jury had voted 12-0 for death, the judge could have overturned it, the governor could have overturned it, the Arizona Supreme Court could have overturned it, the US Supreme Court might have overturned it. She might have been granted an appeal and a new trial. The bottomline is, this girl is not going to be put to death. It just ain't happenin'. Accept it and move on.

Life's too short to spend your energies hating not only this woman, but now the jury foreman. OK, he wasn't an ideal person to serve on the jury much less as foreman but that's the way it goes when you choose 12 people. Not everyone is going to be a Juan Martinez fan like we are here.

Personally, I'm thrilled that Jodi's been declared guilty of Murder 1 unlike OJ Simpson, Robert Blake and Casey Anthony. If I had my druthers, I'd like to see her sit on death row for awhile even though I know eventually they'd spare her life. The only thing I care about now is that she get life w/o parole. Then I want her locked up and forgotten. She's not worth the energy for me to hate. Keeping such negative emotions w/i myself indefinitely hurts me much more than her. In fact it doesn't affect her at all. Ditto for the jury foreman. I agree he's an idiot and I'd love the chance to debate him but I'm not going to let him induce hate from me. Fact is, it wasn't an 11-1 decision. He alone didn't hang this jury. In my opinion they will not retry this penalty phase in front of a new jury. Jodi will not agree to any pleas; the state will just accept life, fight any appeals and move on.

If you're really into trials, you're in luck. The George Zimmerman one is right around the corner and will be much more intriguing than this one.

BBM
That is not how it works. Jodi has to either accept a plea or that phase has to be tried again. You are entitled to your own opinion regarding what sentencing she gets as well as how we should feel about her and the foremen but we are also entitled to our opinions. No one will ever tell me how to feel. For all we know the foremen could have swayed some of the jurors. We don't know what was said during deliberations. This trial was hung only a few days ago... sometimes it takes time to get over the final verdict. I'm sure the Alexanders would appreciate what you just wrote about the foreman. Plain and simple he's an ass, a dumb one at that. JMO MOO
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Sea Ray, I too feel that the DS is from the medieval days, maybe some day it will be done without completely. As it is not all the states have it.

Some cases due indeed deserve it. Some are so heinous that there is no other alternative.

However, and a big however, when this idiot of a foreman decided to convict her of murder one, and again convict her of cruel and inhumane way of killing someone. Then refuses the death sentence, he opened the door for Jodi to be in the drivers seat. If the state doesn't want to go the cost of another sentence, and if the state can't find another 12 jurors, they will start offering plea deals to Jodi. We all know that Jodi will not accept anything more than 25 years, otherwise it wont do her any favors.

So now we have to wait and hope that the state does in fact retry the sentencing phase.

If that idiot of a foreman would have just been able to convince all of them to give her LWOP maybe this would be over now and Jodi would be on her way to where she will spend the rest of her life. Jodi is in hope of getting out one day, therefore she will never agree to LWOP because that would ruin all her appeals and she would know that she will remain right there till the end of her life.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun May 26, 2013 1:40 pm

--jury foreman's son

The executioner with the public face

My dad was the jury foreman in the Jodi Arias murder trial.

I am betting that a good portion of you don’t know or care but there is sure a sizable piece of America and beyond that knows now who my dad is—which is to say they know his name and they know he had a chance to help execute a criminal. And they know that on his watch, that criminal was not sentenced to die.

--more @ link.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun May 26, 2013 1:50 pm

angiefly2 wrote:That is not how it works. Jodi has to either accept a plea or that phase has to be tried again.

Are you sure about that? I think you're wrong. From what I've read, the state is under no obligation to retry the penalty phase. It's my understanding that if they opt not to retry this, then it'll be as if the jury voted 12-0 for life and the actual sentence would be determined by the judge. Jodi doesn't have to agree (plea) to anything should this happen

If you have information which contradicts this, please educate us all

Following the penalty phase deadlock, the state has the option to retry the sentencing portion of the trial and have a new death penalty jury impaneled. Should such a jury also deadlock, capital punishment would be taken off the table.

Should prosecutors opt against a full penalty-phase jury retrial, the judge would be left to hand down a verdict of life in prison.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun May 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:Sea Ray, I too feel that the DS is from the medieval days, maybe some day it will be done without completely. As it is not all the states have it.

Some cases due indeed deserve it. Some are so heinous that there is no other alternative.

However, and a big however, when this idiot of a foreman decided to convict her of murder one, and again convict her of cruel and inhumane way of killing someone. Then refuses the death sentence, he opened the door for Jodi to be in the drivers seat. If the state doesn't want to go the cost of another sentence, and if the state can't find another 12 jurors, they will start offering plea deals to Jodi. We all know that Jodi will not accept anything more than 25 years, otherwise it wont do her any favors.

So now we have to wait and hope that the state does in fact retry the sentencing phase.

If that idiot of a foreman would have just been able to convince all of them to give her LWOP maybe this would be over now and Jodi would be on her way to where she will spend the rest of her life. Jodi is in hope of getting out one day, therefore she will never agree to LWOP because that would ruin all her appeals and she would know that she will remain right there till the end of her life.

It won't be that complicated. If the state doesn't like Jodi's plea deals, they can refuse them and go directly to the court and ask the judge to sentence her to LWOP and I'm confident that Judge Stephens will do exactly that
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next