CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 pm

I think I remember hearing that Judge Stevens was not going to allow cameras in the courtroom. Or maybe it was she would allow cameras, but not allow the footage to be shown on TV until it is all over. I will do a little research and get back to you..lololololol
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jodi Arias trial, Jodi takes on fool for a client, twists from inside the court

-snipped-

Jody Arias is not exactly known for being good at making decisions. She's in the position that she is in now, solitary confinement at the Maricopa County Estrella Jail, because of a very long history of many, many bad decisions. To put it mildly. Her latest decision is one that is surprising many people, but in the same vein, those same people are not surprised at all that once again Jody Arias will do what ever she could to take the spotlight. And, as the well of her last 15 minutes of infamy begins to dry up, she has thrown it all into the ring. ABC News reported on August 4 that the last major life changing decision that Jodi Arias will make is that she will be representing herself in the retrial of the sentencing phase of her first degree murder conviction from last year's Jodi Arias trial. True story.

...more at link

And yes, no cameras will be allowed. But the author of this article says that may change cuz Jodi wants her 15 minutes of fame and camera time. So who knows. Good article.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:45 pm

she will fight for it
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:56 pm

I hope she does cuz I wanna watch her sink herself....lolololol...like watching a train wreck.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:24 pm

The jury needs to be made of women, because men will feel sorry for her... Men can be so dense when it comes to a poor wittle girl
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:14 am

Ya really think so? I don't think it is going to matter much. She was found guilty and AZ has no problem putting women on death row.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:23 am

But remember (IIRC) that one guy jurist who was against the DP for JA

Last edited by twee on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out a word)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:36 am

But this is a whole new jury....hopefully 12 people with a brain and the balls to give her the death penalty.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 am

This debacle is slated to start Sept. 8th, for those interested.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:07 pm

I heard a blurb on the PHX news today that Nurmi is wanting off the case........again. Will look for the article and post it later.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Since he has been wanting off for soooo long... could this be used as an appeal reason ineffectual counsel (I hope not)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:57 am

I haven't been able to find an article to support what I think I heard. Is Willmot death qualified? Jodi only needs to have a death qualified atty at her side I believe. I dunno tho.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Found this:

last paragraph:

Stephens appointed Jennifer Willmott as Arias’ new death penalty-qualified defense attorney. Between now and the new start date of October 17, Willmott will get up to speed on the case and Arias’ self-defense strategy.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:33 am

Judge won’t let Arias attorney quit
|
PHOENIX — An Arizona judge has denied a request by one of Jodi Arias’ attorneys to quit, setting the stage for Arias to represent herself at the penalty phase of her trial.
Arias was convicted of murder last year in the 2008 killing of her ex-boyfriend, but jurors couldn’t decide on a sentence. A second penalty phase is set for Sept. 8 with a new jury as prosecutors try again for a death sentence.

Attorney Kirk Nurmi sought to quit, citing conflicts with Arias wanting to represent herself. Arias had said if he quit, she would not represent herself and would permit her other lawyer to handle the case.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:18 am

what is the frigging judge thinking!!?? Nurmi has asked to quit before let him go...
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:08 am

Retrial delayed: Judge gives Jodi Arias more time

snipped
Jury selection, originally planned for September 8, is now scheduled to begin September 29. The next hearing in the case will be a pretrial conference on September 4, according to Karen Arra, the court's director of media relations.

Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:11 am

Convicted killer Jodi Arias vows that the proceeds from her new artwork will be donated in Travis Alexander’s name to a non-profit organization that helps children, according to a website that sells her artwork.

Next to a photo of a color-penciled “Pinwheel” on sale for $1,500, Arias allegedly wrote:

“100% of the net proceeds from the sale of Pinwheel will be donated in Travis’ name to a reputable non-profit organization that helps children. The organization and exact amount donated will be disclosed after the sale. I am aware that many of my supports despise Travis and will not agree with my doing this. Please understand that my reasons are complex and ones that I hope to be able to explain in a forthcoming blog post.”
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:31 am

Chickenbutt wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Convicted killer Jodi Arias vows that the proceeds from her new artwork will be donated in Travis Alexander’s name to a non-profit organization that helps children, according to a website that sells her artwork.

Next to a photo of a color-penciled “Pinwheel” on sale for $1,500, Arias allegedly wrote:

“100% of the net proceeds from the sale of Pinwheel will be donated in Travis’ name to a reputable non-profit organization that helps children. The organization and exact amount donated will be disclosed after the sale. I am aware that many of my supports despise Travis and will not agree with my doing this. Please understand that my reasons are complex and ones that I hope to be able to explain in a forthcoming blog post.”

all I can say is  Jodi Arias #4 - Page 38 1014672227 (at that biatch not you)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Retrial delayed: Judge gives Jodi Arias more time

snipped
Jury selection, originally planned for September 8, is now scheduled to begin September 29. The next hearing in the case will be a pretrial conference on September 4, according to Karen Arra, the court's director of media relations.

Just fry the biatch all ready (not in good mood tonight and the knowledge of her wasting money and getting away with it)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:14 am

Thats okay, you not being in a good mood I mean. We all have our days. I think Jodi is delaying the inevitable.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Judge grants Arias access to home where she killed ex-boyfriend

MESA, Ariz. – A judge has granted Jodi Arias' request for access back inside the home where she killed her ex-boyfriend six years ago.

This is a very sensitive subject for many Mesa residents. Current occupants in that home had no comment Thursday.

The home on East Queensborough was the scene of the 2008 brutal murder of Travis Alexander.

Arias is accused of shooting him in the face, stabbing him multiple times and slitting his throat.

She admitted to killing him in self-defense but was found guilty of first-degree murder. However, jurors couldn't reach a decision on her sentencing.

A judge recently approved her request to represent herself this time around and granted her request to bring her new investigator back to the home where she killed him -- a move some Mesa residents just don't understand.

"I think it's ridiculous," Nancy Bowen said. "Why carry this on any further than you need to? There's people living in that home."

Other neighbors had mixed emotions. While some feel enough is enough, others said they're optimistic that it might expedite the process.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:24 pm

What has this to do with her sentencing!!!??? Are going to have another "trial" that last months so she can get an innocent verdict GMAFB
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:58 pm

You were reading my mind. I was just wondering what the point is of having her investigators go back out there? She was found guilty. Is she going to try and say it wasn't a heinous crime? That the killing wasn't all that cruel and she should not be sentenced to death? I'm confused...but then again, my mind doesn't work like Jodi's.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:08 pm

no one's mind works like JA, well at least not the psychopaths Jodi Arias #4 - Page 38 447552385
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Thinking about the people that currently live in Travis's house and wondering if they knew this was the "crime house"? I prowled around and found this:

No it is not required here to disclose a death in the home
32-2156. Real estate sales and leases; disclosure

A. No criminal, civil or administrative action may be brought against a transferor or lessor of real property or a licensee for failing to disclose that the property being transferred or leased is or has been:

1. The site of a natural death, suicide or homicide or any other crime classified as a felony.

2. Owned or occupied by a person exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus or diagnosed as having the acquired immune deficiency syndrome or any other disease that is not known to be transmitted through common occupancy of real estate.

3. Located in the vicinity of a sex offender.

B. Failing to disclose any fact or suspicion as set forth in subsection A shall not be grounds for termination or rescission of any transaction in which real property has been or will be transferred or leased.

BBM
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next