CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renisha McBride Discussion #1

+4
axpm
Chickenbutt
Febbie
sams
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Renisha McBride Discussion #1 Empty Renisha McBride Discussion #1

Post by sams Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:56 pm

I don't know much about this case, but it seems to be a hot topic.

sams

Back to top Go down

Renisha McBride Discussion #1 Empty Re: Renisha McBride Discussion #1

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Renisha McBride's Family Wants Teen's Shooter Behind Bars

http://abcnews.go.com/US/renisha-mcbrides-family-teens-shooter-bars/story?id=20832636

Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Michigan - -(Ammoland.com)-Ohio --(Ammoland.com)- Q: What is Michigan’s “Stand Your Ground” law?
A: MCL 780.972 states: “Use of deadly force by individual not engaged in commission of crime; conditions.
Sec. 2.
(1) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses deadly force may use deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if either of the following applies:
(a) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent death of or imminent great bodily harm to himself or herself or to another individual.
(b) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent sexual assault of himself or herself or of another individual.
(2) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses force other than deadly force may use force other than deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if he or she honestly and reasonably believes that the use of that force is necessary to defend himself or herself or another individual from the imminent unlawful use of force by another individual.”

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/05/what-is-michigans-stand-your-ground-law/#ixzz2kA2rm100
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Autopsy leads to more questions in Dearborn Heights shooting

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131111/METRO01/311110095#ixzz2kjlqVPVw
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Worthy to make announcement in Renisha McBride homicide case

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy plans to announce Friday morning whether she will seek charges in the death of Renisha McBride in Dearborn Heights.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23969944/prosecutor-worthy-to-make-announcement-in-the-renisha-mcbride-homicide-case#ixzz2kjnQqlk5

Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Toxicology report: McBride's blood alcohol level twice the legal limit

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131114/METRO01/311140105#ixzz2kjnkh0Fg
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:57 pm

EXCLUSIVE - 'He's a drinker and a jerk, but he's not racist': Ex-girlfriend defends white homeowner, 54, who shot dead black girl seeking help on his porch at 4am after car crash

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2504431/Ex-says-white-Detroit-man-shot-Renisha-McBride-racist.html#ixzz2kjpXmuDk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Homeowner charged with second-degree murder in shooting of Detroit woman

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131115/METRO01/311150064#ixzz2kjrvx8q9
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Feebs....would you like us to start a thread for this case?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Feebs....would you like us to start a thread for this case?
Please, Sam was goods enough to start it and I was just filling in....Dang good case!

Renisha McBride Discussion #1 447552385  haha!!!!!
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by axpm Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Started followingthis case as well. The victim bashing has begun. even thoug im not shocked by what im seeing it hurts my soul. College kids get wasted and high everyday but if you arent the right shade it becomes a death sentence thats justifiable. This case is already getting the trayvon martin treatment.

axpm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:42 pm

OK......I will get CN to add the thread and then I will merge the comments....we are such dorks....no one person knows how to do anything, except Papapi of course. Renisha McBride Discussion #1 1919150556 
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 am

axpm wrote:Started followingthis case as well. The victim bashing has begun. even thoug im not shocked by what im seeing it hurts my soul. College kids get wasted and high everyday but if you arent the right shade it becomes a death sentence thats justifiable. This case is already getting the trayvon martin treatment.
Some of the public has already convicted the victim... I don't see this state handling it as FL.
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:03 am

Chickenbutt wrote:OK......I will get CN to add the thread and then I will merge the comments....we are such dorks....no one person knows how to do anything, except Papapi of course. Renisha McBride Discussion #1 1919150556 
Thats alright, the more that work tog., get better results...saw that tongue...!Renisha McBride Discussion #1 2672159185  Luv you too!
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by sams Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:40 am

Thanks Febbie for detailing the case and keeping the conversation going. Looking forward to posting about the coming trial. See what is going to happen. I think charging M2 is a mistake and will bite the State's case as overcharging has done before such as the Boot Camp death in Florida a few years ago.

sams

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi everyone - sorry to be such a hermit and not posting - I am telling you, Zimmerman case really blew it for me and I am having a hard time getting back "into" it.  I've been tweeting but that is about it and my tweets are political - something I don't dare bring here to the forum. HA  I am going to try and get into these new cases, but dammit, something has to happen in them first. Ha.

I've opened up a Theodore Wafer thread for following this 2nd degree murder case.  I hope this guy doesn't get off... I just don't have faith anymore in these SYG cases.  Seems it comes down to what did the defendant "feel" at the moment he pulled the trigger - not right.  Anyhow....
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:47 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Hi everyone - sorry to be such a hermit and not posting - I am telling you, Zimmerman case really blew it for me and I am having a hard time getting back "into" it.  I've been tweeting but that is about it and my tweets are political - something I don't dare bring here to the forum. HA  I am going to try and get into these new cases, but dammit, something has to happen in them first. Ha.

I've opened up a Theodore Wafer thread for following this 2nd degree murder case.  I hope this guy doesn't get off... I just don't have faith anymore in these SYG cases.  Seems it comes down to what did the defendant "feel" at the moment he pulled the trigger - not right.  Anyhow....
Good to see you here!

Wafer shot her through a screen door with a shot gun in the face. A shot gun has a safety or hammer ( if I remember right), so the dude would have to take the time to release the safety or draw back the hammer before shooting. It was no accident if he took the time to prepare the gun in my IMO.
I don't see this state handling this case as FL did.

Will enjoying discussing this case with all of you Warriors.
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:50 pm

sams wrote:Thanks Febbie for detailing the case and keeping the conversation going. Looking forward to posting about the coming trial. See what is going to happen. I think charging M2 is a mistake and will bite the State's case as overcharging has done before such as the Boot Camp death in Florida a few years ago.
Remember Sam this state is not FL. A lot of the other states have a total different SYG...
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:04 pm

OK....all the posts moved onto this thread....Enjoy!!
P.S. I am going to get CN to change the Thread name to the victim...not the shooter.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:OK....all the posts moved onto this thread....Enjoy!!
P.S. I am going to get CN to change the Thread name to the victim...not the shooter.
You are the bestestest....Renisha McBride Discussion #1 18726956 Renisha McBride Discussion #1 2880969986 
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Thank you Feebs. Wanna borrow this Renisha McBride Discussion #1 447552385 
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sams Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Febbie wrote:
sams wrote:Thanks Febbie for detailing the case and keeping the conversation going. Looking forward to posting about the coming trial. See what is going to happen. I think charging M2 is a mistake and will bite the State's case as overcharging has done before such as the Boot Camp death in Florida a few years ago.
Remember Sam this state is not FL. A lot of the other states have a total different SYG...
I could be wrong, but I think I read that Michigan doesn't have a SYG law.
Is Wafer out on bail? I read he was but not sure. I understand that the Michigan State Police are the best.

sams

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:16 am

Okay, all changed to the victim's name. We need to make a decision - sometimes we have named the category after the defendant and others we have named after the victim. How do you all prefer it? For future = Victim's name or Defendant's?Renisha McBride Discussion #1 1376216197 Renisha McBride Discussion #1 1376216197 
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next