CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie Gray

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Freddie Gray Empty Freddie Gray

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:05 am

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/04/23/mans-death-after-arrest-exposes-tensions-in-baltimore/21175509/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D-1022513852 wrote:"He was a typical Sandtown kid," said Sean Price, who grew up in Baltimore's Sandtown neighborhood where Gray lived. "He wasn't perfect but neither is anybody. This isn't anything new. Freddie Gray is just a microcosm of what happens every day in Sandtown, in Baltimore."

Mr. Price's comment/mentality that Gray's running from the police was just "another" day in that Baltimore neighborhood is what is wrong. It’s that mentality that makes a heavy police presence necessary in those areas.  Do people really believe that police officers want to be in the ghetto drug ridden community where drug dealing and crime is rampant?  These officers get paid no more for patrolling the ghetto areas than they do the nice areas that have little or no crime.  

That being said, I find it disturbing that Mr. Gray suffered a severe spinal injury that ultimately took his life as a result of an officer take down. An investigation is appropriate in this case to determine what happened so that it does not occur again. That is supposedly happening. If the officer(s) utilized unnecessary force and caused the injury/death, then the officer(s) need to be reprimanded and depending upon his/her record, terminated.

We have to remember accountability.  If you run from the police, you must expect that they will follow and catch you.  If you are an officer who is hell bent on implementing excessive use of force, you need to be off the force.  There are too many good cops to put up with even one bad cop.

That's my perspective.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Freddie Gray Empty Re: Freddie Gray

Post by twee Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:13 am

This case is disturbing in so many levels. Was he or wasn't he injured before the van ride. His running is considered probable cause to bring him down?. Was the knife really there or was this an "need more probable cause"

Okay lets get this out of the way.. Yes Freddie had a record. Does that mean it's okay for the cops to act like a mob themselves because the guy didn't do what they told him.

twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Fri May 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri May 01, 2015 7:29 pm

I hope this charge is for real and not just a pacifier If the le were not doing their job properly and the subject died they need to be accountable. I don't think we will ever know for sure.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat May 02, 2015 12:39 am

Reading the above article the DA was waiting for Me report to show what cause his death...homicide stated by ME...whether this sticks will be a million dollar question after the way we all have seen the court system run in the past cases.
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat May 02, 2015 1:00 am

CN is going to add a separate thread for this case in the morning, and hopefully move all the posts. That should make it easier to follow and post.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Sat May 02, 2015 1:45 pm

This case is worthy to discuss...maybe the DA will get this one right.

Thanks Chick and Cherokee...
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Sat May 02, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi CB, CN and Febbie. I have been following this case and watching what's been going on in Baltimore. I was actually happy to hear that charges have been brought. These "rough rides" should not be tolerated. It appears in this case they didn't have probable cause to make an arrest in the first place but even if they had, they are responsible for his safety. He was helpless back there and when he was injured the officers didn't even try and get him medical attention. It only takes a few bad cops to make all the rest look bad. Time to weed them out, punish them if they broke the law or at least bring this into public discussion. I hadn't been discussing this case anywhere so I didn't save the link. It may have been ABC or CNN that had an article yesterday about a young woman who received a "rough ride" in one of those vans. She felt very afraid she would be killed. I believe her charges were dropped and she has filed a lawsuit. I'll try and find the article again and bring a link. If this is a common practice even though the vans have seat belts and policy to use them, then prosecuting these officers may be the only way to stop this from happening.
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Sat May 02, 2015 5:47 pm

This isn't the same article I read yesterday about the rough rides but the young woman's case is included. She was arrested on a noise complaint. To me this and other cases in this article show a pattern of behavior by LE that shouldn't be tolerated.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-baltimore-rough-rides-20150501-story.html#page=1
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat May 02, 2015 5:57 pm

The very last lines of the article Omachka posted above....what a novel concept. Too bad we have to watch everyone's every move....police and suspects alike

"Alpert said there would be one easy way to end controversies and increase safety: Install cameras in the back of vans.

“If you're watching everyone and everyone is watching you,” he said, “you certainly are going to act differently.”
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat May 02, 2015 6:11 pm

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/police-seek-man-in-photo-in-freddy-gray-investigation/32560794

Police release CCTV video in Freddy Gray investigation
Police seek man in photo, release video

Note from article: City street camera video shows the van leaving the second stop at 8:54 a.m. The van then makes stop No. 3 at Druid Hill Avenue and Dolphin Street, where police indicate Gray was responsive. There's no city camera video of this stop.

I found this part interesting - we are to believe because "they said so" - More than likely this is one reason I never make it on the jury... When they ask if will be believe a cop I always say their human and can lie I need the proof
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Sat May 02, 2015 8:34 pm

twee wrote:http://www.wbaltv.com/news/police-seek-man-in-photo-in-freddy-gray-investigation/32560794

Police release CCTV video in Freddy Gray investigation
Police seek man in photo, release video

Note from article:  City street camera video shows the van leaving the second stop at 8:54 a.m. The van then makes stop No. 3 at Druid Hill Avenue and Dolphin Street, where police indicate Gray was responsive. There's no city camera video of this stop.

I found this part interesting -  we are to believe because "they said so" - More than likely this is one reason I never make it on the jury...  When they ask if will be believe a cop I always say their human and can lie I need the proof  

Thanks for this link, Twee. Yep, I wouldn't make it on the jury either because I would also need the proof. The more that comes out, the less I believe the LEO's involved. Like it was posted upthread... why not put cameras in the back of these vans. Protect the cops and the prisoners. Seems so simple.
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat May 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Febbie wrote:Reading the above article the DA was waiting for Me report to show what cause his death...homicide stated by ME...whether this sticks will be a million dollar question after the way we all have seen the court system run in the past cases.

I'm glad to see that the DA has filed charges as well, and like you, I hope this is not simply a showing in order to bring calm to those who are rioting only later to have charges dropped or reduced to a slap on the hand. I have lost so much faith in our justice system and the people who are in charge of making sure it is applied correctly that I just don't trust them to do the right thing. My attitude sucks when it comes to our judicial system and law enforcement even though I have very good friends in both professional fields.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat May 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Thank you CN for the threads. Members, please do not post info regarding the riots/rally's on this thread. This thread is for the Freddie Gray case. If you want to post on the riots/rally's, we have added a thread for that also.
Thank you and enjoy!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat May 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi everyone -- Missed y'all :)

I will be looking to see the actual ME report... Police sources does nothing for me except what is their agenda??

Is this an open state or is it you will get a report if we feel like it and it doesn't show us in a bad light.

Looking forward to seeing all your opinions and ideas
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat May 02, 2015 10:43 pm

twee, I was searching trying to find out if Maryland was an "open state" but can't figure out the wording to use. Will keep looking tho.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat May 02, 2015 10:51 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:twee, I was searching trying to find out if Maryland was an "open state" but can't figure out the wording to use. Will keep looking tho.

Try googling "sunshine states" maybe that will work.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 pm

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat May 02, 2015 11:06 pm

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-riots/bs-md-brian-rice-20150501-story.html

Lieutenant Brian Rice charged in Freddie Gray death had weapons seized in 2012

So from reading most of his problems deal with domestic issues...

I keep reading also about Lt. Rice made eye contact, then Freddie started to run... I am totally confused
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sun May 03, 2015 12:14 am

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/05/02/3654162/milwaukee-county-sheriff-charging-officers-freddie-gray-case-human-sacrifice/

Milwaukee County Sheriff: Charging Officers In Freddie Gray Case Is ‘Human Sacrifice’

From article:  

This neophyte prosecutor stood up there and made a political statement, Neil. And I say that because she’s chanting or voicing some of the chants from this angry mob,” he said, before diving into his experience as a veteran homicide detective and calling Marilyn Mosby an inexperienced prosecutor. “I’m not going to silently stand by and watch my brother officers offered up as human sacrifices thrown like red meat to an angry mob, just to appease this angry mob.”
Clark continued, “she knows she’s not going to be able to prove these charges beyond a reasonable doubt. This is George Zimmerman and the Duke lacrosse case all over again.”

I hope he is wrong and she truthfully feels this is the correct charges
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 pm

twee wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/05/02/3654162/milwaukee-county-sheriff-charging-officers-freddie-gray-case-human-sacrifice/

Milwaukee County Sheriff: Charging Officers In Freddie Gray Case Is ‘Human Sacrifice’

From article:  

This neophyte prosecutor stood up there and made a political statement, Neil. And I say that because she’s chanting or voicing some of the chants from this angry mob,” he said, before diving into his experience as a veteran homicide detective and calling Marilyn Mosby an inexperienced prosecutor. “I’m not going to silently stand by and watch my brother officers offered up as human sacrifices thrown like red meat to an angry mob, just to appease this angry mob.”
Clark continued, “she knows she’s not going to be able to prove these charges beyond a reasonable doubt. This is George Zimmerman and the Duke lacrosse case all over again.”

I hope he is wrong and she truthfully feels this is the correct charges
I hope so too, Twee. I don't get the idea that she is purposely over reaching from her demeanor. She had to have known that she would be attacked by many in the LE community so I'm sure she didn't take it lightly. I just hope some positive changes can come of this. Unfortunately, it's going to be a long, hard road and, as we've seen in the past, it doesn't always work out for justice.
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sun May 03, 2015 2:23 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Here ya go:

http://ballotpedia.org/State_sunshine_laws

Thanks for the link CN... It looks as if MD is a sunshine state... But who knows how bright the sunshine will be :)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Mon May 04, 2015 1:54 pm

An exclusive look inside The Freddie Gray investigation

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/sun-investigates/bs-md-ci-freddie-gray-investigation-20150502-story.html#page=1

Interesting article from inside the police investigation. I'd love to read a similar article from inside the parallel prosecutor's investigation but I imagine we have to wait for a trial to get that.
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Mon May 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Omachka wrote:An exclusive look inside The Freddie Gray investigation

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/sun-investigates/bs-md-ci-freddie-gray-investigation-20150502-story.html#page=1

Interesting article from inside the police investigation. I'd love to read a similar article from inside the parallel prosecutor's investigation but I imagine we have to wait for a trial to get that.

Thank you Oma! It is an interesting article. I appreciated seeing the LE taking a serious look at the curcumstances and not just sweeping under the rug.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Wed May 06, 2015 11:33 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/05/one-of-the-cops-charged-in-freddie-gray-case-insists-arrest-was-legal/

One Of The Cops Charged In Freddie Gray Case Insists Arrest Was Legal

IMO even if the arrest was "legal" does that mean it was okay to have a prisoner die in captivity because they did not care?
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum