Freddie Gray

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Freddie Gray

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu May 07, 2015 3:43 am

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/06/us/freddie-gray-knife/index.html

Was Freddie Gray's knife legal?
(CNN)Attorneys for two of the officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray have filed motions to inspect the knife he was carrying at the time of his arrest.

They argue the knife was illegal and, as a result, Gray's arrest was lawful.

I don't think the knife being legal or illegal has any bearing on this case, except for the false arrest charges against some officers.

Because we are watching

:dmx:
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie on Thu May 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Motion to release Physical  Evidence  

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bal-pdf-motion-from-edward-nero-20150505-htmlstory.html

Let's see who will listen...

begging for points.... bacon! bacon! bacon!

OH GREAT SPIRIT, WHO MADE ALL RACES, LOOK KINDLY UPON THE WHOLE HUMAN FAMILY AND TAKE AWAY THE ARROGANCE AND HATRED WHICH SEPARATES US FROM OUR BROTHERS...
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by twee on Thu May 07, 2015 6:37 pm

My understanding (which is limited) is the DA always piles on a bunch of charges, then bargains it down. Don't know if this is the case but just saying.

Also can the LE search anyone at any time. I know Freddie was on probation is this a cause to search? I know "people" say he should not have run but who can say what he was thinking.

twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee on Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/baltimore-probe-black-mans-death-fails-support-charges-165020584.html

Baltimore probe into black man's death fails to support charges: CNN

from article:
"Officials familiar with the probes say the homicide investigation run by police at most contemplated a manslaughter charge, not second-degree murder as Mosby charged one of the officers, Caesar Goodson."

twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri May 08, 2015 12:27 am

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/07/us/baltimore-justice-department-investigation/index.html

Source: Justice Department to investigate Baltimore police

-snipped-
The Justice Department plans to launch a pattern or practice investigation into the methods of the Baltimore Police Department, a law enforcement source said Thursday.

The investigation was requested by the city's mayor, and is expected to be announced officially on Friday, the source said.

Because we are watching

Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka on Thu May 21, 2015 8:35 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/21/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death-officers-indicted/index.html

(CNN)Six Baltimore police officers were indicted Thursday on charges connected to the death of Freddie Gray.

The indictments came after prosecutors presented evidence to a grand jury for two weeks, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby said.

The list of charges in the indictments the grand jury returned differs slightly from charges Mosby announced earlier this month; all six of the officers now face charges of reckless endangerment.

"As our investigation has continued, additional information has been discovered, and as is often the case, during an ongoing investigation charges can and should be revised, based upon the evidence," she said.

Mosby didn't take questions at the press conference and didn't go into details about what additional evidence had come to light.

The officers are scheduled to be arraigned on July 2, she said.

Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by twee on Mon May 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Nero found not guilty.  Did not follow too close but from some of the things I read I knew that would be the outcome.  I believe no one will be found guilty.  Most people still feel LE are always right and whomever they have killed deserved it because they are thugs/goons.  And it makes no difference if black, white or whatever.  Unless it is someone considered "A soccer mom"  JMO

twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Wed May 25, 2016 12:30 am

I don't agree twee. But that is what this site is all about. Respectful disagreement.
Currently in Mesa, AZ a police officer has been fired and is facing murder charges.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/mesa-ariz-officer-heads-to-court-for-murder-of-n-texas-man/82912536

I feel like the public never knows what truly happens in these cases and that is what courts are for. Should the outcome be guilty or not guilty, we have to accept the verdict.

I find it hard to discuss this topic as it is close to me. But I try to see both sides of the story.

Because we are watching

Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee on Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 am

I agree to disagree :) It has really only been recent where people have seen wrong doing. I don't feel that all LE are crooks, but the small percent gives them a black eye at times. As I don't feel that all young men are thugs. I try to take each instance by themselves and not lump them all together.

twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee on Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 am

I agree to disagree :) It has really only been recent where people have seen wrong doing. I don't feel that all LE are crooks, but the small percent gives them a black eye at times. As I don't feel that all young men are thugs. I try to take each instance by themselves and not lump them all together.

twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum