CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebecca Zahau Discussion Thread #1

4 posters

Go down

Rebecca Zahau Discussion Thread #1 Empty Rebecca Zahau Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 pm

New thread...enjoy.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Zahau Discussion Thread #1 Empty Re: Rebecca Zahau Discussion Thread #1

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Thank you CN
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lash__ Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:17 am

Phoenix Magazine - Boy, Interrupted - 3 page interview with Dina Shacknai - full version now available online.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
lash__
lash__

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Zahau Discussion Thread #1 Empty Dr. Phil - Friday, September 21st

Post by lash__ Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Dr. Phil show will be airing Max's and Rebecca's case this Friday-

Friday - September 21, 2012

Deadly New Accusations: A Murder Mystery?

Two mysterious deaths within days of each other, and questions loom about both, pitting two families against each other. First, 6-year-old Max Schacknai fell over a second-story banister, leaving him on life support, and tragically, he died three days later. Two days after his fall, his father's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau — who was caring for the boy at the time of the accident — was found hanging, naked and bound. Authorities ruled Max's death an accident and Rebecca's a suicide, but both families aren’t convinced of the determinations and want the investigations reopened. Max's mother, Dina, says she has evidence that proves her son was the victim of a homicide. Forensic pathologists Judy Melinek and Cyril Wecht weigh in. Hear why Dr. Melinek believes Max may have been pushed over the railing, and whether Dr. Wecht agrees. Could Rebecca have contributed to Max's death? Rebecca's sister, Mary, and brother-in-law, Doug, say there's no way Rebecca would ever hurt Max or take her own life. Hear why they believe the two deaths are related.

Check local listings -

lash__
lash__

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie2 Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:22 pm

This is a very interesting case. I sure wish Dina would work with the Zahaus.

I do feel that neither case was investigated well, if at all.

I just have a feeling that it not going to go anywhere unless the AG decides she will reopen it.

Katie2
Katie2

Back to top Go down

Post by lash__ Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 am

Police Will Not Re-Open Max Shacknai Case
September 10, 2012

Coronado police will not re-open the investigation into Max Shacknai's death, despite his mother's contention that the boy did not perish in an accident as detectives determined.

Dina Shacknai, who resides in Arizona, had lobbied the police to re-examine the evidence in the case after July 16, the anniversary of her son's death.

She announced the decision Monday, the same day that Dr. Phil McGraw taped a new segment on the Spreckels mansion case, a show that will feature both Dina Shacknai and the family of Rebecca Zahau, whose death is linked to Max's. 

Dina Shacknai's response to the Coronado PD -
lash__
lash__

Back to top Go down

Post by lash__ Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:20 am

Shacknai to Appeal to City Council Regarding Son's Death
September 17, 2012

The City Council will be pulled into the Spreckels fray Tuesday when the mother of the boy who died of injuries suffered at the mansion appears before members to air her grievances with Coronado police.

Police rejected Dina Shacknai's appeal last month for a new look at the investigation into how Max, 6, died in July 2011. Shacknai announced her intentions to come to City Hall in a Monday press release.

Shacknai has employed experts who question the police determination that Max died as the result of an accident. Shacknai criticized the police decision last week. Shacknai wants the case reclassified as a homicide.

Dina Shacknai's transcript from council meeting -

lash__
lash__

Back to top Go down

Post by lash__ Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:29 am

The Dr. Phil show aired September 21, 2012 - Several video clips available at link below.

A Shocking Twist to a Bizarre Mystery

Dina Shacknai, Max's mother, says she had trust issues with Rebecca Zahau from the time she met her. "She neglected to share very important information with me, such as her legal name. She left out she was married and the fact that she had a shoplifting arrest," Dina says. "I began to think Rebecca had issues with impulse control.”

Because of her uneasy feeling about Rebecca, Dina says that she asked Max's father, Jonah, to put some precautions in place when Max was in his care: Rebecca would not take Max across state lines by herself, she would not attend Max's school events, and neither she nor a member of her family would be alone with Max. When Dina learned of Rebecca's suicide, she says, "I started to wonder, What is it that she knew? Did she know something that I didn’t know?" 

Dina says that she wasn't convinced that her son's death was an accident. "Things didn’t add up. I believed there was more to it,” she shares. "I decided to pursue a different route, to find the truth wherever that would lead. The findings presented to me from these experts, after nine months of methodical work, was the worst outcome that I could have imagined; that there was an assault scenario, and it was a homicide, which means death at the hands of another, which means the last face [Max] saw was the person who assaulted him," Dina reveals. "Based on evidence, Rebecca had direct involvement in Max’s death.”

Dr. Melinek adds that she believes the scene of the accident wasn’t properly investigated. “When Max fell, it was initially assumed to be an accident. It was only when he came to the hospital did the doctors at the hospital say, ‘This is too much injury. It doesn’t match up.’ The doctors at the hospital blew the whistle and said, ‘We’re going to call Child Protective Services.’ I wasn’t the first one to raise concerns; they were,” she explains.

Seeking Justice

Rebecca's sister, Mary, and her husband, Doug, say Rebecca would have never committed suicide and that her death wasn't given a fair investigation. They also say there's no way Rebecca would have hurt Max.

“To hear Dina get on TV and say things about my sister infuriates us," says Mary. "We all know what she’s saying is not true. It’s like her taking a dagger and stabbing it in our hearts, as she stands there and talks about my sister, who cannot defend herself. She was brutally murdered for what happened to Max.”

“Becky treated Max like he was her own son,” says Doug. “Becky did not assault Max. For Dina to say that, it makes no sense. If there was an assault scenario, she should have some type of injury on her hands.”

Doug also believes that Dina knows more about Rebecca's death than she's admitting. "She may not know directly, but there’s something in Dina that would benefit us, to find out who killed Becky,” he says.

Video clips @ link -
lash__
lash__

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down