First court appearance

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First court appearance

Post by Chickenbutt on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:57 am

Holmes first court appearance is this morning (7/23). Press not allowed in courtroom, but will view the proceedings from another room via camera.

Because we are watching
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Re: First court appearance

Post by Tamta on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:18 am

Uneventful appearance. Holmes was looking extremely sedated and/or sleepless.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:09 am

I just saw the court appearance on the news. Was busy all day yesterday. Was he drugged? Acting? or just downright crazy? I dunno.

Because we are watching
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 am

Chickenbutt wrote:I just saw the court appearance on the news. Was busy all day yesterday. Was he drugged? Acting? or just downright crazy? I dunno.

I don't know.
He can only receive meds if he consents.

I am sure he is sleeping very little though.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:24 am

I haven't been following this as closely as I'd like too. Was he on meds previously I wonder?

Because we are watching
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:I haven't been following this as closely as I'd like too. Was he on meds previously I wonder?

Before the shooting, he had taken 100mg Vicodin, fatal quantity for some individuals.
(Can't post the link)

Other than that, I do not know.
A Motion was just filed for access to his UC records.
If he saw a campus mental health professional, it would be in those records.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:13 pm

100mg.....wow! He must have some tolerance level!

Because we are watching
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:100mg.....wow! He must have some tolerance level!

I hope I hope he's getting an extensive physical and psychological assessment while he's in custody.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm sure he is....what sane person dyes his hair, sets his apartment up to take out the whole block if detonated, then goes and ramdomly shoots up a theater? Unfortunately, I think he is crazy. He is just the right age for schizophrenia to set in, isn't he?
I would hate to be his parents....what trauma they must be going thru.

Because we are watching
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:I'm sure he is....what sane person dyes his hair, sets his apartment up to take out the whole block if detonated, then goes and ramdomly shoots up a theater? Unfortunately, I think he is crazy. He is just the right age for schizophrenia to set in, isn't he?
I would hate to be his parents....what trauma they must be going thru.

It's impossible to deduce from an isolated incident what a diagnosis would be, he could just as easily be bi-polar in an accute crisis which can look astonishingly similar to a schizophrenic- and many individuals have gone misdiagnosed as a result.

I can't imagine what his parents are going through.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Me either......Yeah I know one incident is not enough to dx anyone, but I can"t help looking for something that will explain this behavior.

Because we are watching
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Christian Bale visits Colorado shooting victims

Batman star Christian Bale visited survivors of the Colorado theater shooting Tuesday and stopped by a makeshift memorial to victims of the attack that killed 12 people and injured 58.

Carey Rottman, one of those injured in Friday's shooting at a theater showing The Dark Knight Rises, posted two photos of himself with Bale on his Facebook page. Hospital staff also posted a Facebook photo of the actor with some staff members.

After visiting The Medical Center of Aurora, Bale stopped by a makeshift memorial to the victims near the movie theater. He walked among the 12 crosses erected for each of the slain victims, and many people there didn't realize who he was or chose to leave him alone.

--more@link--
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:44 am

Aurora, Colorado Alleged Gunman James Holmes Court Appearance for 'Dark Knight Rises' Shootings

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 am

Family Of James Holmes, Colorado Shooting Suspect, Makes A Statement (VIDEO, UPDATED)

This statement is to clarify a statement made by ABC media. I was awakened by a call from a reporter from ABC on July 20, about 5:45 in the morning. I did not know anything about a shooting in Aurora at that time. He asked if I was Arlene Holmes and if my son was James Holmes, who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered, "Yes, you have the right person."

I was referring to myself. I asked him to tell me why he was calling and he told me about a shooting in Aurora. He asked for a comment. I told him I could not comment because I did not know if the person he was talking about was my son.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:55 am

Holmes did succeed academically as an undergraduate at the University of California at Riverside, graduating with honors in a neuroscience program that is considered very demanding. He then won a spot at the prestigious neuroscience doctoral program at the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus.

Holmes was in his first year as a graduate student, living off a $26,000-a-year stipend -- part federal grant, part university funding. In keeping with those modest means, he rented an 800-square-foot (74-square-metre) apartment in a scruffy neighborhood a short walk from the medical campus.

But he recently quit the program. A person who works in the neuroscience lab said Holmes did not join the other doctoral students at an end-of-the-year celebration in a local pub. Instead, a professor stopped by the impromptu party to tell everyone that Holmes had withdrawn from the program, with the clear implication that he had fallen behind academically, this source said.

The university declined to release his academic records, citing privacy rules.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Court Order Denying Expanded Media Coverage

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Source Shares Specifics On How Suspect’s Apartment Was Rigged

Snipped:

A federal law enforcement source has now shared specifics on what was found inside the apartment.
(Leak)

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Evidence on Colorado theater suspect's target practice sought

Snipped

The law enforcement sources spoke on condition of anonymity after a judge placed a gag order on virtually everyone in the criminal justice system with knowledge of the investigation and the case against Holmes.

Wonderful how everyone is able to comply with the court's order.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:56 pm

'Random' Acts of Violence Are Not So Random

Columbine, Colo.; Fort Hood, Texas; Virginia Tech; Tucson, Ariz.; and now Aurora, Colo. -- and too many other sites of horror -- are often seen as random acts of violence. Perhaps we arrive at this view because these acts and actors are not tied to conspiracies, or to systematic terrorist plans. Instead, they generally are the actions of a severely disturbed person, typically acting alone, but not spontaneously or without careful planning. In other words, they are not random. In fact, the perpetrators of these acts of murder and mayhem generally build their catastrophic scenario slowly, over months or longer; their progressive behavioral deterioration is often evident to others or sometimes the plan is even broadcast by the perpetrator himself. Analyses after the fact from families, friends, neighbors and personal journals painfully demonstrate their angst, rage, loathing of self and others, and intensifying and monocular attention to their day of reckoning.

More@link

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Order to Limit Pre-Trial Publicity

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm

So they are going to keep most everything quiet? Imagine that.

Because we are watching
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:So they are going to keep most everything quiet? Imagine that.

There is a gag order, but it seems LE is currently not complying with that.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 pm

The diary of 24-year-old James Holmes -- "full of details about how he was going to kill people" -- was discovered Monday by authorities investigating another package at the school's Anschutz medical campus in Aurora, a law enforcement official told the network. The source also said that the package had been in the mailroom since July 12.

The notebook, intended for a psychiatrist who also teaches at the university, reveals haunting sketches with stick-figure assailants carrying out the attack.

“There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre," police told Fox News.

George Zimmerman is a murderer, child molester and woman abuser who is breathing air that doesn't belong to him - I await Karma to inflict justice in the name of Trayvon.

Anyone who believes the defendant is innocent is a racist and anyone who contributes money to his defense is a stupid racist.”.  ~Professor Frederick Leatherman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Be Sure to Hit My + Like Button on Right  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:39 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:The diary of 24-year-old James Holmes -- "full of details about how he was going to kill people" -- was discovered Monday by authorities investigating another package at the school's Anschutz medical campus in Aurora, a law enforcement official told the network. The source also said that the package had been in the mailroom since July 12.

The notebook, intended for a psychiatrist who also teaches at the university, reveals haunting sketches with stick-figure assailants carrying out the attack.

“There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre," police told Fox News.

That's very sad to hear.

Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Yes Tamta - although we will most likely never know...but if this email had been viewed earlier, would the psychiatrist known to report it and possibly avoided this terrible event? So sad.

George Zimmerman is a murderer, child molester and woman abuser who is breathing air that doesn't belong to him - I await Karma to inflict justice in the name of Trayvon.

Anyone who believes the defendant is innocent is a racist and anyone who contributes money to his defense is a stupid racist.”.  ~Professor Frederick Leatherman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Be Sure to Hit My + Like Button on Right  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top