CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby missing 2 weeks

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Baby missing 2 weeks Empty Baby missing 2 weeks

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Baby missing 2 weeks before father reports him missing

-snipped-

The baby's father took two weeks to go to an attorney's office then call police to report Levon's disappearance, authorities said. Police said Thursday they are not satisfied with his explanation for waiting for so long.

The father told investigators he took the child out for a late-night walk and locked himself out, so he put the boy down on the small front porch to the home and went around back to find a way in.

Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Baby missing 2 weeks Empty Re: Baby missing 2 weeks

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Utica police are hosting a press conference at 5:30 p.m. today regarding 9-month-old Levon Wameling, who has been missing since May 29.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 pm

UTICA —

An infant missing for sixteen days.

Half a dozen agencies searching for two days.

And still nothing.

Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Utica police: Child missing for two weeks, reported missing Tuesday

-snipped-

Utica, NY -- Utica police are searching for a 9-month-old child who went missing two weeks ago and was reported missing Tuesday after family members asked about his whereabouts.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Utica Police searching for infant missing for two weeks, reported missing Tuesday

-snipped-

UTICA -- For the first time, we are hearing from the mother of 9-month-old missing infant Levon Wameling, as the search for him continues in Utica.

Through tears, Amy Warney asked for the community's help to find her son.

"If you know where he is, if he's alive or dead, please call Utica Police so I can put him to rest. Don't be scared, if you know anything, please contact somebody," Amy said at a press conference at the Utica Police Department Thursday evening.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:20 am

Yah, this certainly sounds like another CA case.

I think that the JVM show got the wrong house showing as the house that the baby went missing from.

There are two cases, one where the father went to pick up his two children for visitation and at first she refused to hand over the baby and then claimed that the baby was missing. That was the house that was shown for the other missing child.

The mother has been arrested in the other case. It's obvious that she did something to the baby. Just like its obvious that he did something to his baby. There is no excuse for not reporting your baby missing.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 pm

UTICA —

Authorities have not yet talked to anyone who says Jevon Wameling had made any efforts to look for his 9-month-old son in the two weeks after the boy went missing, police said Friday.

And whenever Wameling talked with baby Levon’s mother, Amy Warney, while she was at a drug rehabilitation facility, police said she never detected any hints that something bad had happened to her child.

Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:48 am

I heard the father has asked for an attorney, that cuts off all conversations with the police.

How could this man think he could be believed?

He leaves his child on the front porch while he goes around back to open a door, then comes back to get his son and he's gone? Didn't inform LE immediately? It stinks to the max...

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:03 pm

--timeline of elaina's disappearance, June 2nd her mother (angela) wouldn't give her to her dad (terry)-- (when he came to pick her & her sister up for visitation)

--angela 1st said that she was napping, finally went in to get her and she was "gone"! she told LE she thought she'd been kidnapped.

--timeline concludes at June 12th---mother arrested, followed by June 13th---LE press conference.

Day 14: No sign of the missing toddler after mother's arrest

--detailed article from day 1 -present.

Toledo police held a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] regarding the disappearence of 18 month-old Elaina Steinfurth. Investigators revealed for the first time that their investigation is focusing on the child's mother.  During that press conference they revealed that they believe Elaina was injured at some point, but they didn't reveal the extent of what those injuries might be.

Toledo Police arrested Angela Steinfurth, Elaina's mother, late Wednesday night. She faces a charge of felondy child endangerment but police say more charges could be pending. Steinfurth cried and yelled "I love you" to someone in court during her court appearance, when a Lucas Co. judge set her bond for $250,000.
Meanwhile, Angela's stepfather spoke out to our crews on scene Thursday morning with his take on the disappearance of young Elaina and he didn't pull any punches on who he thinks is responsible for what happened.

Citizen searchers from the group "Justice for Neveah" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Thursday as well.
Day 11- June 12, 2013:
Wednesday night saw a new wrinkle in the search for Elaina, with a heavy presence of investigators at homes on Federal St. where Elaina was reportedly last seen. Investigators with cadaver dogs searched two homes and a van. That van was eventually towed away and taken to the Toledo police department's tow lot. We've [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to a member of the King family. Stephen King is Angela Steinfurth's boyfriend.
Wednesday, the FBI has joined forces with TPD and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for information as to Elaina Steinfurth's whereabouts.

--more @ link.

RAW: Full interview with Elaina Steinfurth's father, 6/13

Missing Toddler Elaina Steinfurth's Grandpa Thinks His Granddaughter's Already Dead
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:00 pm

snipped'

Here we go again...

drugs, alcohol, partying...

Levon Wameling, 9 months, was reported "missing" two weeks after his father said he went missing.  When a child goes missing, if the parent does not cry out for the child immediately, the parent is signaling that he may not want the child found.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:15 pm

VIDEO:Thursday Press Conference on Missing Infant

UTICA, N.Y. (WKTV) - Utica Police held a press conference Thursday to update the public on the search for the missing infant, Levon Wameling.

--levon and jevon
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Thank you Elle.....one of these days I will learn to post pics and videos....lol, but don't hold your breath.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:15 am

Two identical cases at the same time. One involving a mother, the other involving the father. What the hell is going on in this world? These poor kids come into a world set up for the worst to happen to them.

I'm so sick of all these parents. Mother in rehab, father no better then the mother, and poor child missing. We can only imagine what has happened to this child.

The other one covers up her "supposedly" missing child and then acts surprised that baby is missing.

I give up on these people that call themselves parents. For some reason they don't look at their children as people, they seem to feel that they are anything but human beings. And I bet that each of them were raised properly but it didn't pass over to them as being parents.

When there was no birth control parents were more of parents, since birth control came into play, these people don't even think about using it, they rather have a child and torture or kill it.

Makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope they spend the rest of their life behind bars.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Father of Levon Wameling Has Ties To Earlier Case Involving Death Of A Child

--snip--

This is not the first time that questions have been raised about the welfare of a child associated with Jevon Wameling.

Jevon is the father of nine-month old Levon Wameling, who was caring for Levon when the baby went missing.  Jevon waited two weeks before reporting the baby’s disappearance to police.

After hearing Amy Warney’s plea to the public for information about her missing child, reports surfaced of another woman who was dating Jevon several years ago.

WIBX has learned that in 2005 a thirteen-day old baby was found dead on its mother’s chest.  It appears that the mother was sleeping next to Jevon Wameling, who was also sleeping when the baby’s maternal grandmother discovered that the baby was not breathing.

The autopsy report lists the official cause of death as suffocation.  It was thought to have been accidental.  No charges were filed nor was Jevon said to be alone with the child when the incident occurred.

Sources tell WIBX that the mother has asked Utica Police to reopen the investigation surrounding the death of her child.

CORRECTION: June 19, 2013 12:15pm WIBX has spoken with the baby’s mother, Jessica Pasho, who says that the baby was sleeping in between her and Jevon, and was not found on her chest.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Oh my!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Mom of missing Toledo 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth appears in court

The mother of a missing Ohio toddler appeared in court on Thursday while the community rallied support for the girl.

Angela Steinfurth is charged with child endangerment. She was arrested after her 18-month-old, Elaina, vanished from a Toledo home on June 2. The child has not been seen since.

Police accused the mother of failing to get medical treatment for her child, even though she knew the girl was seriously hurt. Officers have not said how they believe little Elaina was injured.

Steinfurth’s preliminary hearing was postponed until Monday. She is in custody on $250,000 bond.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Search for missing Utica infant Levon now relies on specific tips

--snip--

Police have wrapped up their street-wide search efforts around the East Utica neighborhood where 9-month-old Levon Wameling went missing May 29, but daily searches will continue as further information develops, officials said Friday.

Authorities have spent the past 10 days looking for clues of Levon’s whereabouts in a search that involved sniffing K-9 units on the ground, helicopters from above, turning dumpsters inside out and urging residents to look through their yards and sheds.

But still no answers about what happened to Levon, other than the father’s story that Levon vanished after he briefly left the baby on the front porch of 748 Jay St. to climb into a rear second-floor window to unlock the front door. The father, Jevon Wameling, 27, then waited two weeks before telling anyone about Levon’s disappearance because he couldn’t get himself to admit that he lost the boy, he said.

Mother pleads for help finding her baby, missing for TWO WEEKS as his father didn't report it to police

--levon and his mother, amy

'I would like to ask anybody that's out there if you know where he is, or if he's alive or dead, just please call the Utica police Station so I can just put him to rest,' Warney said through tears at a news conference Thursday. 'Just please, don't be scared. Just if you know anything, just please contact somebody.'

Police said Wameling came forward only after Levon's mother asked where her child was.

'Here’s the thing, we have a problem with what he says,' Utica Chief Mark Williams said at a news conference Thursday. 'Here’s a guy that waited two weeks to come forward. He doesn’t bring it forward to the police, but brings it forward to his parents. Instead he goes to an attorney's office. I think actions speak louder than words.'

Utica father of missing infant: ‘Just give me my son back’
--snip--

Somebody took Levon, that’s all Wameling could think. On Wednesday, Wameling physically climbed a tree in his backyard to show how he had pulled himself into a second-floor window to unlock the front door.

He explained how he had left Levon in a carrier-seat on the front porch, with a blanket pulled over him to hide him from any strangers. But by the time Wameling came back downstairs to open the door, he said the carrier-seat was still there, the blanket was pulled off and Levon was gone.

Wameling said he spent the next days trying to quietly find Levon himself. He started talking to neighbors he had never talked to before, while looking around their yards and homes for any signs of something suspicious.

But Wameling said he never mentioned his missing son, because he didn’t want to “spook” anyone who might know what happened. And Wameling’s own past troubles with the law over the years had made him somewhat wary of police.

Then finally, after two weeks Wameling realized he couldn’t find Levon himself and had to tell police, even if it meant they would throw him in jail, he said.

“I love my son with all my heart, and if I could give my life to get him back home safe, I would,” Wameling said. “He’s the best thing that I’ve ever done in my life, and I just wanted to show that boy everything I knew and raise him, to be there for him.”
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Alleged jailhouse confession led to search of river in missing baby Elaina case

--snip--
- Update: On Friday evening WNWO learned that the Toledo Free Press's source, Connie Elam, was in jail herself on a child endangerment charge. That is the same crime baby Elaina's mother, Angela Steinfurth is currently behind bars for.

Newly released information in the search for a missing Toledo toddler point to the girl's mother, who the FBI says may have made a jailhouse confession.

The Toledo Free Press is reporting that the FBI received information from a relative of Angela Steinfurth's cellmate at the Lucas County Jail implicating Steinfurth and Steven King, Steinfurth's ex-boyfriend.

The inmate, "Connie," is said to have been told by Steinfurth that her 18-month-old daughter, Elaina, was thrown against a wall on June 2, the day she went missing. The girl was put down for a nap, but later died from her injuries, according to the cellmate's retelling of Angela's "confession." That is when the Angela or her now ex-boyfriend took Elaina's body and threw it in the Maumee River.

The information was passed along to the FBI by Jo Beth Adams, a relative of Steinfurth's jail cell mate. "She told me they wrapped her up in blanket and took her down by the High Level Bridge," Adams is recorded saying. "And, he (King) stood behind her and she threw this baby in the river."

"This baby's dead...she's in the river," Adams recounted being told by Connie

Candlelight vigil to be held Saturday for Baby Elaina
--snip--
Some volunteers put their own boat in the Maumee River Friday night to look for 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth who was last seen on June 2nd.

These people care so much that many are not resting. They feel the need to keep moving and trying as the search nears the end of its third week.

About half a dozen people showed up at 8:45 p.m. on Friday and carried a row boat down through the trees to the river to check out the same area FBI divers combed at the beginning of the week.

As the sun set near the High Level Bridge, several volunteers stayed hard at work scanning the water for any sign of young Elaina Steinfurth.

Her mom Angela remains in jail on a child endangering charge.

Police say the mom admitted Elaina was injured and did not get the baby medical attention.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 pm

--thanks 'cleosmum' for bringing this to our attention today.

--damn! I didn't have a good feeling for this from the vey start, but it's always so sad to have our worst fears confirmed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Human Remains Identified As Dylan Redwine

June 27, 2013.

The search for Dylan Redwine is over but the details of what happened when he went missing remains a mystery.

The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday afternoon that human remains found have been identified as that of the missing teenager.

Dylan has been missing since Nov. 19, a day after arriving at his father’s Vallecito home for a court-ordered visit during Thanksgiving break. The boy was living with his mother and brother in the Colorado Springs area.

His father says he last saw Dylan asleep when he left home early to do some errands. He reported the boy missing that afternoon.

A variety of items including bones were collected during a five-day search of Middle Mountain Road.
--more @ link.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Coroner: Remains don't reveal how 13-year-old Dylan Redwine died

--snip--
LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. - The coroner says her office has been unable to determine how 13-year-old Dylan Redwine died based on the remains recently recovered near the mountain town of Vallecito in southwest Colorado.

Last week, authorities announced DNA confirmed bones recovered during a five-day search in high, rugged terrain off Middle Mountain Road were Dylan's. They were found in a drainage less than 10 miles from his father's home, where he reportedly disappeared.

"So far, the items that have been found are not enough to make an actual cause of death or manner of death," La Plata County Coroner Jann Smith told the Colorado Springs Gazette. The manner of death is a ruling on whether a death is a homicide, accident or suicide.

"Until (the) investigation goes a little further, we may not know exactly what happened to Dylan," Smith added.

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office has not said what other items were found during the search, but they are treating the case as a homicide investigation.
--more@link

-- Case Timeline --

Nov. 18 - Dylan Redwine flies into Durango-La Plata County airport to spend Thanksgiving with his father

Nov. 19 – Dylan Redwine reported missing

Nov. 20 - Search teams start searching for Dylan

Nov. 24 – Search dogs pick up Dylan’s scent at Vallecito Reservoir

Nov. 25-26 - Dive teams and teams on boats equipped with sonar search Vallecito Reservoir

Nov. 28 – Authorities announce Dylan Redwine did not run away. Asking people who drove from Vallecito to Durango if they had spotted him

Nov. 29 – Authorities execute a search warrant at Mark Redwine’s home

Dec. 2 – Prayer vigil for Redwine at Lewis-Palmer Middle School

Dec. 4 – Both parents take polygraph tests

Dec. 5 – Pictures from a surveillance camera are released, showing Dylan at a Durango Walmart hours before he disappeared

Jan 24 – Reward for Dylan grows to $50,000

Jan 26 – Protestors show up at Vallecito Reservoir saying Mark Redwine needs to be more active in the search for his missing son

Feb. 23 – Cadaver dogs show up on iced-over Vallecito Reservoir

April 24 – Authorities drain part of reservoir and build berm dam to look at area where search dogs got numerous hits

June 25 – Authorities spend several days searching the steep and rugged Middle Mountain Road
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Remembering Dylan Redwine: Some want to rename Middle Mountain as Dylan's Mountain

--snip--

A proposal to rename a La Plata County mountain after the boy whose remains were found there is getting a mixed response.

The Durango Herald reports that a Facebook campaign has been set up to propose renaming Middle Mountain to Dylan's Mountain. That's to honor 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, whose remains were discovered last month on the mountain. The boy was last seen in November.

While Dylan's mother told the newspaper she supports the idea, she also told the Facebook page creator that she would prefer to rename Eagle Park because she has good memories of Dylan playing there.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Baby Elaina Steinfurth Update: New Evidence? Fisherman's Grim Discovery Renews Search For Missing Toddler [PHOTOS & REPORT]

--snip--
The search for Baby Elaina Steinfurth may have a new lead to follow — but it's hardly a cause for celebration. Police aren't commenting on the possible new evidence, but it appears that a grim discovery by a local fisherman may be the key to finding Baby Elaina.

Just south of the Anthony Wayne Bridge on the Maumee River, where a previous unconfirmed tip alleged that Angela Steinfurth and her boyfriend had dropped the body of Baby Elaina after she died of injuries caused by abuse, Patrick Howard snagged his fishing line on something underwater. When he managed to free the line and reel it in, he noticed that he had picked up a chilling piece of debris: "a tuft of brownish blonde hair."

There's no way of knowing yet whether it was Baby Elaina's hair, but the missing toddler's paternal grandfather, Terry Steinfurth, Sr., said he believed investigators would be searching the water on Monday in light of the discovery. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Authorities elected to submit the hair to the lab before sending divers into the river.

"Once we are able to determine what kind of hair it is, if it turns out to be human hair, then we will go a little further and do a DNA analysis to see if it matches up with baby Elaina," explained Sgt. Joe Heffernan.
~~~~~
Angela Steinfurth was arrested on June 12 after reportedly admitting that Elaina had suffered a serious injury for which she did not receive medical treatment. There have been conflicting reports regarding the cause and nature of said injury.

Baby Elaina's mother has since been indicted by a grand jury for obstruction of justice. The allegations against her have not been detailed specifically, but the indictment accuses Angela of giving false information in order to ""hinder the discovery, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for crime or to assist another to benefit from the commission of a crime."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Search for Levon Wameling picks up in wooded area in Marcy
July 1,2013.

Officials resumed their search for Levon Wameling Monday morning, this time in a wooded area on Church Road in Marcy NY.

Officials had said that searches for the nine-month-old would happen only if specific evidence was discovered.

State Police, FBI, DEC and Utica police began their search just before 8 am in a 30 acre wooded area.

Sgt. Steve Hauck said, " It's some information we've been developing for the past week or so, so we felt it was important to come up here and check it."
--more@link
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:38 am

Utica Police search for Levon Wameling one month after reported missing
July 11, 2013

--snip--
Utica Police conducted a search operation Thursday for Levon Wameling, now 10-months-old, who was reported missing exactly one month ago on June 11.

Police searched the Barnes Avenue area in Utica, a heavily wooded area that is part of a marsh. Police say they were acting on a tip.

The search was in a very specific location and was complete within a few hours. The search did not locate the child.

Police also conducted a search operation of a heavily wooded area in the Town of Marcy last week.

Sgt. Steve Hauck told CNY Central’s Dora Scheidell earlier this week that he hopes the baby’s father, 27-year-old Jevon Wameling, will come forth and speak to police. "We invite him to reach out to us with an attorney present. To me, the most important person in a missing person case is the person who last saw them, and in this case, it's the father," says Hauck.
--more @ link--
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:49 am

Day 38: $10,000 reward still offered for missing Elaina

July 9,2013.

--video @ link.
ellejay
ellejay