CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Penalty

3 posters

Go down

Death Penalty Empty Death Penalty

Post by Byia Tue May 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this topic. I didn't want to derail another thread that I've been reading but not posting in.
Opinions on the death penalty?

Mine;
Of course depends on the circumstance. I do believe in the death penalty. Just because a person is convicted of premeditated murder is not enough to sentence the DP. A person may of suffered being a victim of the one they murdered and planned their killing of that person. Prison for that, yes. DP for that, I don't believe so.

Someone who is mentally disturbed, the prison is full of them. So long as they are not tortured with solitary for life. As long as they are kept in prison and kept away from society.

Which brings us to Jodi Arias. DP is right for her. Even though I believe that, what she did was horrid, it still weighs heavy on my heart to say that. To know a life is going to be taken. Some may rejoice if the verdict comes back DP. I see no joy in it.
For JA to be held in solitary for life is too cruel. In the general population I don't think she would cause that much trouble. Some are concerned for those who are in prison because of minor offenses having to be around people like JA which are far worse type of people. I don't know how it is in other prisons, but for a family member of mine, that is an addict, he was put in a different part of the prison away from violent offenders. He was in an area of the prison with other addicts. Which is how it should be.

Now with OJ Simpson. His was a crime of passion. I believe he should of been convicted. Not to DP but life in prison.

A person who has been beaten by their spouse, planned their murder, prison. Not death. Possibly not even life.

Child molesters, DP!!! It's been said they are not able to fix these type of people. Hell many of them are not even given life. They do their time and set back out in society and do it again. Any sever crime against an innocent child should be followed with the DP.

I also believe we need more mental institutions instead of prison. More of a hospital prison/ lockup. Also for drug addicts.

Where we are quite certain JA is guilty, no remorse, vicious, cold blooded, DP!
Someone who says they didn't do it, constantly say they didn't do it, or didn't mean to do it, are remorseful, life in prison. Heaven forbid someone be put to death only to find later they didn't do it has to be the worst.

I think some have a conflict with DP because there has been some convicted, put to death, only later to find they were innocent. What a horrid outcome in those cases.
Byia
Byia

Back to top Go down

Death Penalty Empty Re: Death Penalty

Post by NoahMan Tue May 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: the death penalty in general. I'm just not comfortable with a government being in the business of killing people especially considering how often they get it wrong. But, I'm not gonna lie, that if a loved one was killed, that I might feel differently on a personal level. I just don't know the natural feelings of vengeance by victims and their families is an appropriate way to make that decision.

That being said, if there IS going to be one...

How was OJ's crime a crime of passion? I don't understand that perspective at all. It was MUCH too calculated to be a crime of passion. OJ got hold over her when she was BARELY a legal adult (19) got her involved in drugs etc. He killed her because as she matured he was finally losing control over her. It was not something done in the heat of passion at ALL. He most certainly deserved the death penalty.

And as rabidly offended by child molestation as I am, I can not understand the idea of giving the death penalty to someone who hasn't even killed anyone. I completely understand the rage that comes with the thought of a child being violated like that... but death penalty? But, I do agree, that as long as there's no cure for these sickos, they can't be let out in general society. Even a life sentence seems harsh to me, BUT, if there's no other way to protect society from these people, I think there's no other choice, until there is.

I also don't think it would cruel for JA to get life. She would LOVE to be tweeting from prison etc. She's full of shit that she wants the death penalty. I think she likes all this attention and would do quite well in prison.
NoahMan
NoahMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Byia Wed May 22, 2013 12:37 am

Maybe not with OJ but think his passion came from his wife (ex?) being with another person. That he may not of killed in another situation.

They say that rapist are not so much into the sex act but the control. Don't know if that applies to child molesters. I just hate them worse than anything else. I am not a natural hater either. Can't think of a worse crime than a crime against an innocent child.

Where as they say they can't be fixed, cutting their ***** off wouldn't even be a cure. If the sicko sickness is control rather than the sex, loss of their ***** won't make the difference.

Think JA has changed her mind about the DP. She talked today about some good she could do if she had life in prison. Said she would be in the general population. What she offered as her "doing good" wasn't anything special that others couldn't do instead though.

I didn't know they were allowed computers (tweeting) in prison. The family member of mine that was in prison on drug charges didn't have access to one. Sure would of saved on them phone calls had we been able to email.
Byia
Byia

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 am

I think it's should be on a case by case basis and the atrocity of the murder..the mentality of the offender, the remorse or regret shown or not shown..

No one should be put to death due to eyewitness accounts. Solid evidence like DNA to back up the allegations is a more accepted method since eyewitness accounts are faulty.

Now, someone like Jodi, I think her crime is one for the DP..the slaughter, the killing three times over, yes, she should die for her actions. There are no redeeming qualities in her to save anyway. She will continue to trash the victim and continue to torture this family..

Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacey, BTK, Aileen Wuronos...yes, all should have been put to death..eventually they did..either at the state's hands or another prisoner.

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Byia Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I also think that some shouldn't be put to death. Some should have to live in prison for 20 years to life and sit there and think about what they did and how it was wrong.
Byia
Byia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum