CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive!

+5
Gizmo711
Byia
ellejay
Nan11
LiveLaughLove
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! Empty 3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive!

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 9:04 am

Three Ohio women found alive after being missing for a decade; 3 men arrested

By Andrew Rafferty and Matt DeLuca, NBC News

“Help me, I’m Amanda Berry.”

With one frantic 911 call on Monday evening, three women missing for years were found in a Cleveland house where they had been held against their will, police in Ohio said.

“I’ve been kidnapped,” Berry, who disappeared a decade ago, told the dispatcher. “I’ve been missing for 10 years and I’m out here. I’m free now.”

Officials confirm that one man has been arrested after three Ohio women were found alive after being missing for a decade.

Berry and two other women, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight, went missing between 2000 and 2004 in separate incidents. The women were all between the ages of 14 and 20 when they vanished.

Neighbors and relatives celebrated the happy ending, but for some, the years had taken their toll. Berry’s mother died in 2006, not knowing whether her daughter was alive or dead.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The crowds cheered as all three missing woman were taken out of this home ALIVE!

God Bless these woman...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! Empty Re: 3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive!

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 9:06 am

'Can I help?' Neighbor Charles Ramsey tells of role in discovery of missing women

By John Newland, Staff Writer, NBC News

Neighbor Charles Ramsey has told how he heard screams coming from an Ohio home and went to investigate -- a decision that led to the discovery of three women missing for years.

To the neighbors, the house on Seymour Avenue in Cleveland seemed normal. There was nothing to indicate that inside -- in addition to the resident they had come to know -- were women who had disappeared in separate cases about a decade ago.

That changed on Monday.

"This girl is kicking the door and screaming," Ramsey told NBC station WKYC-TV. "So I go over there ... and I say, 'Can I help? What’s going on?' And she says, 'I’ve been kidnapped, and I’ve been in this house a long time. I want to leave right now.'"

God Bless this neighbor for jumping in when he heard her cries for freedom....
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! Empty Re: 3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive!

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 am

Cops arrest 3 brothers after 3 Ohio women missing for a decade found alive

Published May 07, 2013

FoxNews.com

Police said one of the brothers, a 52-year-old, lived at the home, and the others, ages 50 and 54, lived elsewhere. Authorities did not release names and gave no details about them or what charges they might face.

Ariel Castro, 52, who was identified by the woman, Amanda Berry, in the 911 call, and was later arrested in connection to the case. Castro moved into the area in 1992 and neighbors considered him a loner who kept shades over his windows and would only leave the home at night. In 1993, he was arrested for domestic violence, but a grand jury dropped the charges and he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.

Cheering crowds gathered Monday night near the house where police say Berry, Georgina "Gina" DeJesus and Michelle Knight were found. Police say a 6-year-old was also found in the home, but the child's identity or relationship to anyone in the home wasn't revealed.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 am

Posted: 10:11 PM
Last Updated: 3 hours and 59 minutes ago

•By: Colleen Seitz, newsnet5.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Amanda Berry, who went missing from Cleveland’s west side in 2003, was found alive Monday night with her daughter.

“She comes out with a little girl and says ‘Call 911, my name is Amanda Berry’… When she told me, it didn’t register.” A neighbor said he made the call and gave Berry the phone. When police arrived, officers asked him if he knew who he rescued.

There was a child who was about 4 or 5 years old with Berry, as well as other children inside the house. He said he recognized Berry, now 27 years of age, from posters.

A source close to Scripps station WEWS said it was Berry's daughter.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 11:39 am

When the case goes cold, what is LE's option?

Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard being found should give us all hope. Now with Amanda and the other two girls who went missing within miles of each other, we should never give up hope...

Poor Amanda's mother died not knowing if her child was dead or alive...and now it appears, she like Jaycee have children from their captors..

I hope the hammer comes down hard on those offenders. Three brothers, three women all kidnapped, God only knows what went on...Hoping we will find out the dirty details...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus: Chains, bondage found in Seymour Avenue home

Seymour Ave neighbor describes Ariel Castro, arrested in connection with kidnapping of missing women

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Byia Tue May 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I have found some interest in the kidnapped girls story. There is sure to be a trial coming up on it. Not much of a defense for the kidnapper, 52-year-old Ariel Castro, but could be interesting.

What's ya think?
Byia
Byia

Back to top Go down

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! Empty moved posts

Post by Byia Tue May 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Silly me. I found the story on it. LLL beat me to it and posted about it.

Byia wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I have found some interest in the kidnapped girls story. There is sure to be a trial coming up on it. Not much of a defense for the kidnapper, 52-year-old Ariel Castro, but could be interesting.

What's ya think?

Last edited by papapi on Wed May 08, 2013 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed duplicate link)
Byia
Byia

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Amanda Berry's emotional call to 911

Amanda Berry: Help me, I'm Amanda Berry.

Operator: Do you need police, fire or ambulance?

Berry: I need police.

Operator: OK, and what's going on there?

Berry: I've been kidnapped, and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here. I'm free now.

Operator: OK, and what's your address?

Berry: I'm across the street. I'm using their phone

Operator: OK, stay there with those neighbours and talk to the police when they get there.

Berry: OK, are they on their way right now? I need them now.

Operator: We're gonna send them as soon as we get a car open.

Berry: No, I need them now before he gets back.

Operator: All right. We're sending them, OK?

Berry: OK. I mean, like, right now.

Operator: Who is the guy who went out?

Berry: His name is ***** ******.

Operator: All right. How old is he?

Berry: He's like 52.

Operator: All right, and a...

Berry: And I'm Amanda Berry. I've been on the news for the last 10 years.

Operator: OK, I got that, dear... what is his name again?

Berry: Uh, ***** ******.

Operator: And is he white, black or Hispanic?

Berry: Uh, he's Hispanic.

Operator: What's he wearing?

Berry: I don't know cause he's not here right now. That's how we got away.

Operator: When he left, what was he wearing?

Berry: (Inaudible)

Operator: The police are on the way. Talk to them when they get there.

Berry: OK.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! Empty This comment moved here from the JA General Discussion thread.

Post by Gizmo711 Tue May 07, 2013 12:32 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Three woman, Amanda Berry, Gina Dejesus and Michelle Knight have been found ALIVE being held in a home in Cleveland..

Sorry for O/T post, but I am sooooo excited for these ladies.

Thank God they are all OK, one had a child while being held.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Tue May 07, 2013 12:33 pm

My God -- three brothers involved!!! I hope they throw the book at them.. I read somewhere, gotta look for it, that a brother had a store near by...
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Michael Skolnik ‏@MichaelSkolnik 6m
Cleveland kidnap suspect's (Ariel Castro) daughter is doing 25 yrs in prison for attempted murder of her 11-month-old baby (slashed neck)

From twitter...I'm looking for an article
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Published: February 16, 2008 5:31 a.m.

25 years for baby's slashing

Mental illness didn't prevent telling right from wrong: Judge

Rebecca S. Green | The Journal Gazette

E. Castro

Before she was sentenced to 25 years in prison, Emily Castro wanted a judge to know she was a good mother.

But the 20-year-old could offer no explanation for why she slashed her 11-month-old daughter’s throat last April, leading to charges of attempted murder and battery. The girl, Janyla, has since made a full recovery.

In January, in a rare trial before a judge rather than a jury, Allen Superior Court Judge John Surbeck found Castro guilty but mentally ill of attempted murder. The charge of battery was included in the more serious charge and not included at sentencing.

Surbeck sentenced Castro to 30 years in prison but suspended the last five years, to be served on probation. She will be required to seek ongoing mental health treatment as a condition of her probation.

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Investigator: Women raped, resulting in up to 5 pregnancies

12:23 PM, May 7, 2013

CLEVELAND -- The women found safe last night on Seymour Avenue were forced to have sex with their captors, resulting in up to five pregnancies, several police sources tell Channel 3 News.

Photos: See Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus pictures

One of those sources tells the Investigator Tom Meyer that the captors would beat the pregnant girls. Both sources say the babies didn't survive.

Calls to the Cleveland Police Department were not immediately returned.

The sources say it is unclear what happened following the pregnancies.

I can just imagine the horror stories that have yet to be told..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Tue May 07, 2013 2:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Amanda Berry, Gina Dejesus and Amanda's child

Last edited by Febbie on Tue May 07, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Febbie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Three woman, Amanda Berry, Gina Dejesus and Michelle Knight

I am so happy for them all..

That little girl is Amanda's child..

I haven't been able to find a photo of Michelle...I believe her mom moved to Florida so could be on her way to pick up her daughter..

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Nine years before rescue, cops visited Cleveland home where women were held

By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News

The nightmare could have been over nine years ago.

In 2004, Cleveland police showed up at Ariel Castro's home on Seymour Avenue after Castro, a school bus driver, left behind one of his young passengers.

When no one answered, the cops left — never realizing that behind the door were two women who had vanished off the streets and would remain captive until they were rescued this week, along with a third woman missing for a decade.

Cleveland Dept. of Public Safety

Mug shots of the three brothers accused of holding three women captive for a decade or longer.

As the city celebrated the rescue of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, authorities said they were trying to figure out how Castro and two brothers had kept them out of sight for so long.

"We're happy that they have returned to us," Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said at a Tuesday news conference after the women were released from the hospital and before the Castro brothers were charged.

mugshots at the link:
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Tue May 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Castro brothers were charged.
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Tue May 07, 2013 2:27 pm

House where they were held
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Charles Ramsey: "Bro, I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into the arms of a black man." [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Tue May 07, 2013 7:35 pm

I've seen the Charles Ramsey interview several times today on HLN. He will no doubt be a personal hero to many people for helping to rescue Amanda, Gina and Michelle from that house of hell.

Way to go Charles! Woohoo!
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 am

papapi wrote:I've seen the Charles Ramsey interview several times today on HLN. He will no doubt be a personal hero to many people for helping to rescue Amanda, Gina and Michelle from that house of hell.

Way to go Charles! Woohoo!

He is a hero. I don't think many people would have kicked in a neighbors door. My hats off to him.

This is such a horror story. I can't imaginbe what these poor women went thru. I sure hope the little girl wasn't hurt.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 08, 2013 9:13 am

This is why it takes a village.

God Bless Charles Ramsey, he could've just looked the other way. Glad he stepped up and help free all three ladies. I do hope he gets a reward for doing so...

Now to see what charges these trio will face. Hoping whatever the charges, they keep them all out of society for the rest of their sorry lives..

Ariel Castro was part of the search groups and memorials. Helped with raising funds..this putrid excuse for a human being...

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 am

May 8, 2013 (CLEVELAND) -- In the years after his friend's daughter vanished while walking home from school, Ariel Castro handed out fliers with the 14-year-old's photo and performed music at a fundraiser held in her honor.

When neighbors gathered for a candlelight vigil just a year ago to remember the girl, Castro was there too, comforting the girl's mother.

Castro, just like everyone else in the tight-knit, mostly Puerto Rican neighborhood, seemed shaken by the 2004 disappearance of Gina DeJesus and another teenager who went missing the year before.

Now he and his brothers are in custody after a frantic 911 call led police to his run-down house, where authorities say DeJesus and two other women missing for about a decade were held captive.

No charges have been filed against the men, but they could appear in court as early as Wednesday morning.

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum