CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive!

+5
Gizmo711
Byia
ellejay
Nan11
LiveLaughLove
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive!

Post by papapi Wed May 08, 2013 10:05 am

There's an exclusive interview on CNN, coming up this hour, with Charles Ramsey interviewed by Anderson Cooper. I saw it last night. Charles is such an animated story teller. His story is amazing and often litter with humor, even in the face of such overwhelming horror.

CNN is reporting the dispatcher's call is under review. Thank goodness everything seemed to happen as it should. I was disappointed when I heard that complete call.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive!

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 08, 2013 10:50 am

All three suspects were being held on suspicion of rape and kidnapping, but Morris said details of the abuse and how the victims were held were not yet known. Morris also said authorities were seeking to learn whether the women were held at the same home or moved to other locations during their captivity.

Cleveland police said in a statement Tuesday night that charges had not yet been filed, and that the three men were being held in the Central Prison Unit at Cleveland's police headquarters.Khalid Samad, a former assistant safety director for the city, said law enforcement officials told him that the women were beaten while pregnant, with unborn children not surviving, and that a dungeon of sorts with chains was in the home. Samad, who works with a crime prevention non-profit group, said he saw the women at the hospital Monday night.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't find the article but heard Michelle Knightly is suffering from hearing loss and facial fractures from the beatings she sustained..the authorities claim the backyard has disturbed dirt. Wondering if there are any bodies back there..

Leave no stone unturned..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 am

Cleveland Kidnap victim Michelle Knight: ‘hearing damage, facial injuries from years of beatings’

The tragedy just keeps coming. A link with a news video report below. The image above is of Knight as a young girl. She’s 32 and has been missing since 2002.

Michelle Knight, one of three women freed from a decade of imprisonment, is reportedly suffering hearing loss and facial bone damage after years of vicious beatings to her head, it has emerged.

The 32-year-old, who vanished in 2002, was found at a Cleveland home on Monday with two other women and a six-year-old girl – but she has not yet contacted her mother for a reunion.

via Kidnapping victim Michele Knight Mail Online.

Daily Mail article..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 am

Charles Ramsey says he was not interested in a reward, and he was not a hero.
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Wed May 08, 2013 11:18 am

Febbie wrote:Charles Ramsey says he was not interested in a reward, and he was not a hero.

He's being modest, in his own way. He said he wanted any reward to go to the victims to help them recover from their ordeal. Now Charles is the kind of neighbor anyone should be happy to have. He reacted to something he truly perceived as totally out of the ordinary. He might say he's not a hero, but in my book he's a special kind of hero who did what he thought was the right thing at the time. It turns out he was exactly right to do what he did.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Belle Wed May 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Just caught a little bit of Amanda's sister asking for privacy, those girls must have gonne through hell with those brothers, this world scares me to no end, my oldest is a young man and my two girls are 12 and 13, I pray everyday when leave home for school or anything. I know I am a helicopter Nana but I can't help it. Amanda had a baby in that house after she was raped by Areil Castro, poor child, and sounds like he may have been trying to work her little girl, that's when the mama bear comes out and watch out. Thanks heavens for the neighbor, what a miracle.

Last edited by Nan11 on Wed May 08, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted title.)
Nell Belle
Nell Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Cleveland captives tell investigators of rapes, pregnancies in house, sources say

By Richard Esposito and Erin McClam, NBC News

The three women held in a Cleveland house for a decade have told investigators of rapes, pregnancies and miscarriages during their captivity, police sources told NBC News on Wednesday. The police chief said they had been bound with chains and ropes.

Police were seeking corroboration of the women’s accounts where possible, the sources said. Police planned to make some details public later in the day, the sources said, including how one of the women managed to break free and scream for help Monday night before a neighbor came to her rescue.

Another woman, Gina DeJesus, gave the first details of her capture, the sources said: She told investigators she was abducted on her way home from school one day in 2004 when a man pulled up in a van and casually said, “You need a ride? I’ll give you a ride home from school.”

Police have said that one woman, Amanda Berry, gave birth to a daughter six years ago in captivity. The women have told investigators that they were kept isolated from each other in locked rooms, the sources said. One source cautioned that it was hard to be sure the women’s memories were completely accurate after such a long time in captivity.

Heard Amanda say, her daughter was born on Christmas Day... 3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! - Page 2 845784626
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Fri May 10, 2013 2:39 pm

DNA tests confirm Cleveland kidnap suspect is father of girl freed from house

By Erin McClam, Staff Writer, NBC News

DNA tests have confirmed that Ariel Castro, the suspect in the kidnapping and decade-long imprisonment of three women in Cleveland, is the father of a 6-year-old girl born to one of the women in captivity, the Ohio attorney general said Friday.

Attorney General Mike DeWine also said that Castro’s DNA did not match other unsolved Ohio cases. He said that the FBI is still checking Castro’s DNA against unsolved cases elsewhere in the country.

Castro, 52, is charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape in the abductions of the three women and is being held on $8 million bond. They were freed Monday night when one of them, Amanda Berry, broke through a door and screamed for help.

Berry is the mother of the 6-year-old, who was also rescued from the house, authorities have said.

The baby was delivered in a kiddie pool by another captive, Michelle Knight, according to a Cleveland police report. Knight told investigators that Castro threatened to kill her if the baby died, the report said.

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Fri May 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Long before he was charged, Ariel Castro was accuser in sexual assault case

By Mark Schone
NBC News investigative editor

Nearly a decade before being charged with kidnapping, raping and torturing three Cleveland women, Ariel Castro was himself the accuser in a sexual assault case involving his daughters. The accusations, which resulted in the conviction of his ex-wife’s second husband, now offer a new window into Castro’s tangled family relationships.

The case against Fernando Colon also raises questions about whether FBI agents squandered an opportunity to question Castro about the disappearance of two of the women in the months after their abductions.

Castro made the accusations against Colon, 39, in July 2004, shortly after 14-year-old Georgina “Gina” DeJesus vanished on her way home from the west Cleveland middle school she attended.

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Fri May 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Fetus homicide may be tough to prove in Cleveland kidnapping case, expert says

By Bill Briggs and Maggie Fox, NBC News

An Ohio prosecutor who on Thursday pledged to seek murder charges against the Cleveland kidnapping suspect for allegedly pummeling the pregnant stomach of one of his reported victims — causing her to frequently miscarry — may ultimately struggle to prove the blows led to those fetuses' deaths, said one former federal prosecutor.

To secure a guilty verdict for fetal homicide, prosecutors typically have to show that a killer clearly meant to murder the unborn baby by assaulting the mother in a way that would trigger an early end to the pregnancy.

But proving intent is not the challenge facing the prosecutor in Cuyahoga County, said Heidi Rummel, a law professor at the University of Southern California.

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Belle Mon May 13, 2013 2:42 pm

What a filthy bastard, just filth is all I see when he is on the TV, and I believe he did beat the babies out of the girls, sick sob, I know a little about OB/GYN, I worked with a beautiful Dr. for 11 years, and I know there can be signs of a past pregnancy in the uterus, how I don't really know, but I would think they would beable to see if a pregnancy had taken place, I believe these girls and I am grateful they made it out, so many do not. God Bless Charles all day long!
Nell Belle
Nell Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Belle Mon May 13, 2013 2:55 pm

My girls were on lockdown on Friday at their elementary school, Some man tried to abduct a 12 year old and she got away and ran to school, the bastard is still lose, we thought we lived in a safe place up a mountain and only 2 roads out to town, my nerves were frozen when I got the call and turned on the news, my heart was beating like a drum, I got my babies out of school and cried all the day thinking of the 3 girls snatched off the street, I couldn't stop kissing them, I lost my only child in 2010 I will tell you right now, if her babies were ever hurt in anyway, you would see a crazy bish on the news and it would be me. I am so sick of this shite, the school is less then a quarter mile from our house, no peace, none, just goes on and on with these evil people, I pray everyday and so do my kids, they pray for others and say thier prayers at night, The Our Father, I pray all day long, and then some. I guess we good folks could move to the moon and still have shite to worry about. po'd for sure. If and when they find this freak I would love to take a bat to his ass all day long.
Nell Belle
Nell Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Belle Mon May 13, 2013 2:59 pm

bbl, peace to you guys 3 Ohio Woman missing for a Decade found alive! - Page 2 3722079155
Nell Belle
Nell Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:33 pm

LWOP plus 1,000 years...

The home was demolished and Michelle Knight was there and released yellow balloons...God Bless her..and the others..

Ariel Castro house demolished after Cleveland kidnappings, Michelle Knight watches
Wednesday, August 07, 2013

August 7, 2013 (CLEVELAND) -- With several swipes from the arm of an excavator and applause from spectators, a house where three women were held captive and raped for a decade was demolished Wednesday, reduced to rubble in less than an hour and a half.

The demolition had the look of a neighborhood celebration, but some residents have been troubled by guilt for failing to notice tell-tale signs of the women's imprisonment, like windows boarded up from the inside and the kidnapper's practice of keeping visitors from going past the front room.

"It's haunted them, I think, in the sense of how could they not have known," said city Councilman Brian Cummins, who watched the demolition.

The home was torn down as part of the plea deal that spared Ariel Castro a possible death sentence and forced him to turn over the deed to the house and pay for it to be razed. He was sentenced last week to life in prison plus 1,000 years.

One of the imprisoned women, Michelle Knight, showed up early Wednesday before the work began. She made a brief statement and released balloons into the air.

"Dear Lord, give the missing people strength and power to know that they are loved," said Knight, who had rosary beads hanging from her neck. "We hear their cry. They are never forgotten in my heart. They are caterpillars, waiting to turn into a butterfly. They are never forgotten, they are loved."

Knight said the array of balloons "represents all the millions of children that were never found and the ones that passed away that were never heard."
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Cleveland abductor Ariel Castro to be isolated in prison

By Kim Palmer
CLEVELAND | Fri Aug 9, 2013 1:06pm EDT

CLEVELAND (Reuters) - The Cleveland man sentenced to life in prison for the abduction, rape and torture of three women, was moved to a prison in southern Ohio where he will be isolated from other inmates for his own protection and to "maintain order," a prison spokeswoman said on Friday.

Ariel Castro, 53, was transferred on Monday to a processing facility in Orient, Ohio, where he will undergo a series of mental and physical assessments, according to Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction spokeswoman JoEllen Smith.

"Inmate Castro had been segregated from the general population. He has no interaction with other inmates at this time," Smith said.

This means that Castro will be in a cell for 23 hours of the day, with one hour out of the cell for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but separated from other inmates, she said.

"It is not uncommon for an inmate with a high profile case to be put in protective custody," said Smith. "There are two reasons for this - to maintain order in the institution and to keep the inmate safe."

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2