CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 39 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by twee Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:06 am

They really need to let potential buyers know if something horrific happened in their home. There is people who are "sensitive" and feel the aura of the place. Not right at all.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Jodi Arias Objects to TV Coverage of Sentencing Retrial

Convicted murderer Jodi Arias on Tuesday objected to a motion seeking to allow television coverage of her sentencing retrial, telling a judge that the bid could hurt her chances to get a fair trial when a jury weighs whether to condemn her to death.

“The damage has already been done,” Arias, 34, told Maricopa County Court Judge Sherry Stephens in court Tuesday, NBC affiliate KPNX reported. “There is more damage that can be done." Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry k. Stephens already limited media coverage of the trial and ordered that no video be aired until the retrial is over. A motion on behalf of television stations seeks to allow coverage to be aired 30 minutes after court ends, KPNX reported.

Arias, 34, was convicted last year of murder in the stabbing death of her lover, Travis Alexander, in Mesa, Arizona in 2008. Jurors couldn’t reach a decision on sentencing, and the retrial will bring in a new jury to decide whether she should be given the death penalty.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:13 pm

please she is making motions just to keep in limelight. If judge refuses this she will be jumping for joy because she is going to have camera time.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:32 am

Interesting, but long, article

Jodi Arias updates: The 3 things Juan Martinez needs to secure death penalty

-snipped-

The courts have been a flurry once again for Jodi Arias to make her latest motion, and face her latest sanction as she prepares for sentencing. Both the State of Arizona and Jodi Arias are preparing for the retrying of the penalty phase in the State of Arizona versus Jodi Arias, trial for the murder of her lover Travis Alexander in June 2008. The latest update in the Jodi Arias trial centers around the issue of in-court camera access to the public, a motion that has already been before the Maricopa County Court in this trial more than once. NBC News reported on Sept. 2 that contrary to the on-camera image Jodi Arias has desired and displayed over the last 6 years, she is now strenuously objecting to live television coverage of the retrial of her sentencing phase.

Lots more at link
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:35 am

Investigator to revisit home of Travis Alexander, Jodi Arias faces sanctions

-snipped-
al watchers that have been glued to the television and news reporting screens since the verdict that convicted Jodi Arias of first degree murder have been waiting with breath that is baited for this grueling trial to come to an end. The two most recent updates in the Jodi Arias trial include a motion granted for investigators to revisit the crime scene according to HLN Aug. 30. Additionally, we have learned that Jodi Arias is also experiencing some of the wrinkles that occur when choosing to self-represent, as prosecutor Juan Martinez has filed motions on Aug. 29 for Jodi Arias to be sanctioned.

BBM
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:41 am

In case anyone is interested:

A support page on Facebook for Juan Martinez
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:42 am

Good morning, just checked the fb page and permission denied to visit crime scene but can examine evidence already collected. This is sounding more and more like JA is trying to get off completely.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:14 pm

I'm not sure she understands what is going on. I found it funny as hell that Juan has filed sanctions against her.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:I'm not sure she understands what is going on. I found it funny as hell that Juan has filed sanctions against her.

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 39 22155654  Jodi Arias #4 - Page 39 22155654
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Jodi Arias won't represent herself at sentencing retrial

PHOENIX — In two short sentences Wednesday, Jodi Arias gave up her intent to defend herself against the death penalty in her upcoming retrial.

"I hereby relinquish my pro per status and re-assert my Sixth Amendment right to counsel," she wrote. "I am also requesting to make a brief record ex parte."

"Pro per" is the legal term for self-representation. The second sentence asks that the judge listen to her reasoning out of earshot of the prosecutor.

In April 2013, Arias, 34, was convicted of murdering her lover, Travis Alexander, in the bathroom of his Mesa home. Alexander had been shot in the head and stabbed nearly 30 times, and his throat was slit.

However, the jury that found Arias guilty of first-degree murder was unable to reach a unanimous decision on whether to sentence her to life or death. A new jury will be impaneled starting Sept. 29 to make that decision.

The trial was supposed to start Monday, but Arias got it pushed back after she was unable to meet with an expert witness because of a dispute with Maricopa County Sheriff's detention officers in the jail.

Arias asked to defend herself in early August in an apparent attempt to remove her lead attorney, Kirk Nurmi, from her case.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens granted her request with the caveat that if she decided she wanted an attorney again, it would be final and she would not be able to declare pro per status again. Nurmi and co-counsel Jennifer Willmott were ordered to stay on as legal advisers.

Then Nurmi tried to resign from the case, but Stephens would not let him.

*Holy cow......another delay tactic?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:47 pm

How can she talk to the judge w/o the prosecutors??? That should not happen... Nurmi back in driver's seat. Bet he wishes now that he never heard of JA
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Do you suppose she wants to whine to the judge about "how mean" Juan Martinez is? How "mean" he was to her on the stand and now he is filing sanctions against her? She is just a frail little girl and she has no chance against the big, bad mean prosecutor?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Isn't the judge a female?? Oops that doesn't mean anything... She could use her poor little girl who had to slaughter Travis don't you know... GMAFB can't wait to see Juan drill her a new one
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:58 am

For sale: Arias auctions glasses worn at trial

-snipped-

Forget seeing the world through rose-colored lenses. Now you have the opportunity to view life through the specs of convicted murderer Jodi Arias!

The infamous clear frames worn by Arias during her 2013 trial are up for auction on her website.

“Get ready to own a one-of-a kind piece of history,” the listing reads. It states that 100% of the auction proceeds will go a Phoenix-based non-profit, but it does not specify which one.

The starting bid for the glasses is $500.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Cancel the Jodi Arias Show: Judge should bar cameras

-snipped-

There are plenty of reasons why Judge Sherry Stephens should allow the news stations to air video clips of the Jodi Arias sentencing trial and only one reason for her to deny it.

Unfortunately, it's a really good reason.

I shouldn't be saying this.

ROBERTS: Judge should lift the camera ban

However, if we're going to go through this ridiculous process, then we at least have to do so the right way. The first Arias trial became an obsession for thousands of individuals with nothing better to do, the poor souls.

BBM....lololol, is he talking about us?????
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For sale: Arias auctions glasses worn at trial

-snipped-

Forget seeing the world through rose-colored lenses. Now you have the opportunity to view life through the specs of convicted murderer Jodi Arias!

The infamous clear frames worn by Arias during her 2013 trial are up for auction on her website.

“Get ready to own a one-of-a kind piece of history,” the listing reads. It states that 100% of the auction proceeds will go a Phoenix-based non-profit, but it does not specify which one.

The starting bid for the glasses is $500.

bbm The Jody Arias Get Out of Jail non profit
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cancel the Jodi Arias Show: Judge should bar cameras

-snipped-

There are plenty of reasons why Judge Sherry Stephens should allow the news stations to air video clips of the Jodi Arias sentencing trial and only one reason for her to deny it.

Unfortunately, it's a really good reason.

I shouldn't be saying this.

ROBERTS: Judge should lift the camera ban

However, if we're going to go through this ridiculous process, then we at least have to do so the right way. The first Arias trial became an obsession for thousands of individuals with nothing better to do, the poor souls.

BBM....lololol, is he talking about us?????

No way!! We are obsessed... Now when is the next trial showing
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Looks like I put the wrong link up there somewhere.....oooops. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 39 22155654
Taking the gr kids to the Butterfly Wonderland and I had copied the link to someone....my bad.

Us obsessed? How dare him!!! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 39 2672159185
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:47 am

Jodi Arias Trial: 300 Potential Jurors to be Questioned for New Sentencing Phase (+Start Date)

-snipped-

Some new details about the jury selection for the Jodi Arias trial have been revealed.

An all-new jury is being selected because the last one couldn’t decide on a verdict for the convicted killer.

Under state law, prosecutors can elect to choose a new jury and press for the maximum conviction again, which in this case is the death penalty.

If the new jury also can’t come to a unanimous decision, then the death penalty is off the table and Judge Sherry Stephens will decide whether Arias, who was convicted of killing former boyfriend Travis Alexander, should spend the rest of her life in jail with no possibility for parole, or with a possibility for parole after 25 years.

The jury selection is slated to start on September 29 after months of delays. The selection was originally supposed to start in May.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Judge: No video during Jodi Arias death penalty retrial

-snipped-

PHOENIX - The judge in the Jodi Arias will not allow video of the death penalty retrial to air until after the verdict is reached.

According to court documents released on Monday morning, still photos will be allowed during the retrial.

Live tweeting during the retrial will also be allowed, court documents said.

Several media outlets requested a court order to air court proceedings 30 minutes after the conclusion of each trial day.

more at link
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Life without parole.....finally
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:26 pm

Good move by the judge.

I would have preferred the judge scold her a bit for her cold and pompous testimony today and basically tell her that's why she's not rehabilitatable (is that a word?) but whatever. I'm sure Jodi will continue appeals for the rest of her life but that'll only serve to get her hopes up and slash 'em down again. She is one mentally sick person
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:39 pm

And....she had the audacity to say she "now remembered" that Travis was alive and conscious when she slit his throat. One more stab to the hearts of his family. She is truly evil.
btw, nice to see you again Sea Ray.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Absolutely. Even her Mom won't face what her daughter has become. She's no victim. Hey Mom, you screwed up too. Accept that this kid of yours IS a monster. If she's not then no one is.

And what's up with Wilmott saying that this was just a 2 min mistake? No, she planned this and lied about it for yrs later. She could have stopped after one stabbing or one bullet and then called 911 but no, she didn't.

Yeah, I'm still kickin'
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 pm

I try to get into the minds of these people and thankfully, I can't. All I can figure is that some people are just down right evil. I'm not sure if any alteration in her upbringing would have changed the course of her life. Some people are just not meant to live among the rest of society. I think mom is deluding herself. No mom or dad wants to admit what their child has done/can do. We all hope that our children will become pillars of society, or at least not a murdering, unapologetic psychopath. But with the evidence staring you in the face, how can you not? I think it is a defense mechanism. Better to deny, than admit.

Wilmott, she is spewing the words of a defense attorney. Just doing her job. Despite what she really thinks, she has to continue to "support" her client. Not a job I would choose, but I guess someone has to.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next