CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jodi Arias jury can't decide on death penalty

Judge sends them back for more deliberations

----the headline is misleading. per their handwritten note to the judge , they did not say they "were deadlocked", "couldn't decide", etc.

---they asked-----what IF ?

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?" It was signed by juror No.18.

In the event of a hung jury, the judge will declare a mistrial in the penalty phase, and the jury would be dismissed. The state would then have these options:

--It could drop the death penalty and agree to life in prison, which would end the trial.

--It could decide to ask the court to seek a new jury to consider only the death penalty.

But doing the latter would require finding people have not been affected by the media saturation of the case. And the prosecutor and defense attorneys would have to develop facts for the new jury. Both of those are likely to be difficult tasks.

--more@link--

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 pm

One Wonders wrote:Tomorrow is Thursday so they will deliberate.

Good. This line posted earlier today gave me the impression that they'd hang it up 'till next week:

ellejay wrote:--the jury still has 3 hours left to deliberate today, I hope they can come to a unanimous decision. if not, we're in recess until Tuesday!
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Sea Ray wrote:

Good. This line posted earlier today gave me the impression that they'd hang it up 'till next week:

ellejay wrote:--the jury still has 3 hours left to deliberate today, I hope they can come to a unanimous decision. if not, we're in recess until Tuesday!

--yeah, I was on Thursday already-----sorry about that! yes, we will have deliberations again tomorrow.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Jodi Arias:Behind the Headlines on right now on Lifetime...
Interviews with Sam, Taneisha, Flores,
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Okie, watched 10 minutes of it...nothing new so far, just a rehashing of what we already know. Apparently it will be on again at 11:00PM EST. In case anyone wants to watch it.

I think I'm done with it.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 am

ellejay wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:

--yeah, I was on Thursday already-----sorry about that! yes, we will have deliberations again tomorrow.

Don't feel bad ellejay, so was I. Infact it wasn't until I was just reading and sea ray asked that question that I realized today was Thursday and they will be deliberating.

I get rid of my grandson on the weekend and because there is no school Friday so he will be going with his dad a day early I automatically thought that today was friday. (well that's my excuse Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 1112333598 plus the fact that this case is driving me crazy)

So maybe we will get a verdict today...

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu May 23, 2013 5:52 am

ellejay wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

----the headline is misleading. per their handwritten note to the judge , they did not say they "were deadlocked", "couldn't decide", etc.

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?" It was signed by juror No.18.

In the event of a hung jury, the judge will declare a mistrial in the penalty phase, and the jury would be dismissed. The state would then have these options:

--It could drop the death penalty and agree to life in prison, which would end the trial.

--It could decide to ask the court to seek a new jury to consider only the death penalty.

But doing the latter would require finding people have not been affected by the media saturation of the case. And the prosecutor and defense attorneys would have to develop facts for the new jury. Both of those are likely to be difficult tasks.

--more@link--

So at this point if the jury was to say LWOP would that be as binding as the DS? Because if worse comes to worse I'd settle for LWOP as long as she never gets an opportunity to get out and would have to spend the rest of her natural life behind bars.

She may think prison life will be nice, she will have to work each day and earn about 23 cents a day until she works herself up to about 30 cents a day (which is high pay in prison). She wont be able to make money off of her sales of T-shirts (I hope they stop all that soon) because she shouldn't be making money off of this murder.

Jodi may be able to join those programs in prison but she sure wont be implimenting them. She will be treated like all the rest of those criminals. She wont be getting the red carpet treatment that she has become accustomed to during this trial.

But of course this is only if the jury doesn't give her the DS. Lets hope they will reach a verdict today.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu May 23, 2013 6:35 am

Jodi has a way of drawing people in, this is how she managed to get Travis in a vulnerable position to kill him. She specializes in this. She manupilates people and prides herself in doing so.

Jodi considers herself to be more intelligent than everyone else, which is why she rules her attorney's, why she wont listen to them and she does as she pleases. Yet Wolmott claims Jodi is lacking self esteem (what a joke). Jodi is exceptionally confident, she actually thinks that it's only the jurors that are finding her guilty. I wish the jail would let her watch the news for one day. This friend of hers "Donavan" is probably telling Jodi that the world is on her side and Jodi is believing this. Jodi just looked too shocked upon hearing that "guilty verdict". Jodi is full of confidence, certainly not a sign of low self esteem.

If the defense is basing the "low self esteem" on the type of sex Jodi was having, then they are way off. Jodi obviously enjoys that type of sex, she did it with everyone she dated.

It's sad that not one person came forward to be a character witness for Jodi, not one. And I don't for a minute believe that they were afraid because they received death threats, thats all BS, they didn't come forward because they too had skeltons in their closet and didn't want to be exposed. They felt that Jodi's life wasn't worth it to them.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 am

Sea Ray wrote:A few things:

1) Why can't they deliberate tomorrow? No wonder this thing is taking so long. They only work 1-3 days a week.

2) I've been on the fence on giving her the DP all along. Now that I've seen her speech and her subsequent interviews, I'm now on the side of putting her on death row. I'm still thinking they'll have a hard time getting 12 people to agree on that but if I were to be polled, I'd vote for DP

3) Hey, anyone seen this?

September 2006 – Travis Alexander met Jodi Arias at a conference in Las Vegas. At the time, Alexander was a 30-year-old motivational speaker and legal-insurance salesman. Arias, then 28, was living in Palm Desert, Calif., and was trying to make it as a saleswoman and an independent photographer. The two had an instant connection and spoke on the phone every day. Court records indicate that the couple exchanged 82,000 emails.

OK, I know the dating scene has changed since my time there but how do you exchange that many e-mails in less than 2 yrs? How'd you like to be the clerk that had to sort through all of those? Get a life

Interesting ... and both aged backwards? Travis was killed at 30. Arias was supposed to be 27 at that time.

that's a lot chit chat.

has anyone here been able to post that many comments in the last two years... i mean it would seem that you'd post in here more than you could email, right?

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Thu May 23, 2013 6:47 am

Gizmo711 wrote:

[snip]

This makes more sense .. the "IF" note .. someone wanted to know IF they could not reach a consensus, would the judge then be the one to decide the sentence.

sounds to me like the jurors are just tired of this dang trial and want to go back to their life and sell their own t-shirts.

I would expect a verdict today because we are coming up on a holiday weekend where this jury would probably love to be able to spend it with their friends and not avoid the JA name. They're probably bursting at the seams to tell their friends what they think.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu May 23, 2013 7:46 am

What I don't understand is why does Arizona make the jury decide the punishment. In most state all the jury does is recommend and the judge has the last say so. This is putting too much of a burden on these juror's. They are feeling as thought they are the ones injecting Jodi and that is understandable why they are having a problem.

THe jury found her guilty of "first degree murder", they also found her guilty of murdering Travis is a cruel manner where he suffered. It should then be up to the state to serve the sentence. The jury did their job now they are expected to pull the plug also. It's one thing in them saying that they could impose the DS but it's another in them actually doing it.

Years ago when they had firing squads, they would only put one gun with a real bullet in it so that the one who actually shot the person wouldn't know. This is worse than then. JMO

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 am

Chickenbutt wrote:O/T For all the new folks here who may or may not know about Andrea Sneiderman, her trial will be starting in July. She is accused of having her husband murdered for insurance money. His actual killer, Hemy Neumann was already convicted and sentenced....and oh, by the way, Hemy was Andrea's boss...lol

Anyway, articles are being posted on the Andrea thread so you can get up to speed....

Check her out here.....if this doesn't intrigue you, nothing will.....lol

Thank you for the date. That is one I intend to follow as well...she is another arrogant narcassist. Why the attitude? Defensive much?

I have a question about a case that still does not have a court date, but will be another interesting case...unfortunately, Jodi is not the first, nor will she be the last sociopath/bpd/narcissistic murderer...Shanya Hubers shot her boyfriend 6 times in the face...why, you ask? In her words, she simply gave him the nose job he always wanted.

Something we could sink our teeth into...do you agree?

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 8:18 am

owlsharkny wrote:Wow, sezmi, you've been busy ... :D

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 2308263648 I am on a mission...Justice for Travis...I get passionate...

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 am

ellejay wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:Lets hope that the juror/juror's that are holding out take a peak at the news and see what Jodi is doing while they think she shouldn't get the DS. Let them see how she is insisting that she is a survivor of DA and how she is continually downing Travis.

Butiof cours they wont watch TV and wont get to see the real Jodi (even though they should be well aware of how she is by now).

I just don't get it, they went thru all the motions, found her guilty of first degree murder, having done it in a cruel manner and yet they can't sign off on a death sentence. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 3394282200

--I can understand that we don't yet have a verdict. DP qualified or not, this is a huge decision for them, one that once delivered, there's no "take-backs", or do-overs. as the judge said, what they decide is NOT a "recommendation"---it's binding.

--in the guilt phase, they were sent to deliberate on a Friday---had the (long) weekend off, coming back w/ their guilty verdict Wednesday. (after approx. 15 hrs of deliberation.)

--they've only been deliberating the sentencing phase for approx. 7 hours so far, we don't need to panic yet.

--in the **article "zesmi" posted upthread, involving a DP case that juan prosecuted successfully---the thoughts/thought process of some of the jurors in that case (it took them 4 days to deliver a DP verdict) was quite interesting.

**(---- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Deciding life, death takes toll on jurors--Wendi Andriano DP case ).

--my guess is that we'll either hear from them (after sleeping on it tonight) late tomorrow a.m. ----if not, they won't give up yet and they'll be back Tuesday to continue. also, juan, and the family won't throw in the towel this early and take the DP off the table.

Good morning! The media is grating on my nerves already...I keep hearing the jury is DEADLOCKED...that is NOT the case.

The question was posed for 'clarification' only. They asked what would they do IF they couldn't all agree...not that they DIDN"T agree. Sherry misunderstood, causing pain to the Alexanders'...giving us all agida...and the TH's need to stop sensationalizing things that they aren't certain of.

This jury is intelligent, and conscientious: they will get it right. If I were on the jury, and the Mutt says 'you don't have to kill her...you have already found her guilty...she will never be free...spare her life...give her mercy', and then Juan says 'actually, you need to be aware that LIFE doesn't necessarily mean 'LIFE' like you think it means...if you choose life, sherry will choose if its LWOP or Life with possibility of parole after 25 years'.

Well that would make me not only PAUSE but STOP. I have no confidence in sherry...she has bent over for the defense for 5 months now...Juan is right: they need to follow the law. Under AZ law, if there are NO mitigators...they must vote DEATH.

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 8:37 am

Chickenbutt wrote:
owlsharkny wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:HI Gerald...... Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 3450312308
Kick off your shoes, pull up a chair and have fun!

before you came into chat earlier today, eco was running around the chat room naked, you know ...

I know .. tattletale. :D

she made me put my magnifying glass away. [pout]

maybe, I should have kept my "Tues" guess for time of return jury verdict ...

I had a thought as we all try to figure out what on earth was going on in the jury room ... but need to find a link to the video of the Allen charge today ... it was something that the judge said - the way she presented it that has me wondering if maybe one of the jurors was refusing to cooperate with the rest ...

BBM.....Ecossiepossie (eco) is male.....you should have looked closer.... Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 22155654

What? Chat sounds exciting...members are running around neeekeed?

Forgot to add this to my rant about sherry's latest debacle:

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instructions

So...are we all good? No stress? This is making me feel like I need intervention and I mean NOW Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 3632775777

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 am

ellejay wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:Lets hope that the juror/juror's that are holding out take a peak at the news and see what Jodi is doing while they think she shouldn't get the DS. Let them see how she is insisting that she is a survivor of DA and how she is continually downing Travis.

Butiof cours they wont watch TV and wont get to see the real Jodi (even though they should be well aware of how she is by now).

I just don't get it, they went thru all the motions, found her guilty of first degree murder, having done it in a cruel manner and yet they can't sign off on a death sentence. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 3394282200

--I can understand that we don't yet have a verdict. DP qualified or not, this is a huge decision for them, one that once delivered, there's no "take-backs", or do-overs. as the judge said, what they decide is NOT a "recommendation"---it's binding.

--in the guilt phase, they were sent to deliberate on a Friday---had the (long) weekend off, coming back w/ their guilty verdict Wednesday. (after approx. 15 hrs of deliberation.)

--they've only been deliberating the sentencing phase for approx. 7 hours so far, we don't need to panic yet.

--in the **article "zesmi" posted upthread, involving a DP case that juan prosecuted successfully---the thoughts/thought process of some of the jurors in that case (it took them 4 days to deliver a DP verdict) was quite interesting.

--my guess is that we'll either hear from them (after sleeping on it tonight) late tomorrow a.m. ----if not, they won't give up yet and they'll be back Tuesday to continue. also, juan, and the family won't throw in the towel this early and take the DP off the table.

Elijah...thanks for the props!! That eased my worries...glad you and others here found it interesting as well...

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 8:49 am

1) Why can't they deliberate tomorrow? No wonder this thing is taking so long. They only work 1-3 days a week.

2) I've been on the fence on giving her the DP all along. Now that I've seen her speech and her subsequent interviews, I'm now on the side of putting her on death row. I'm still thinking they'll have a hard time getting 12 people to agree on that but if I were to be polled, I'd vote for DP

September 2006 – Travis Alexander met Jodi Arias at a conference in Las Vegas. At the time, Alexander was a 30-year-old motivational speaker and legal-insurance salesman. Arias, then 28, was living in Palm Desert, Calif., and was trying to make it as a saleswoman and an independent photographer. The two had an instant connection and spoke on the phone every day. Court records indicate that the couple exchanged 82,000 emails.

OK, I know the dating scene has changed since my time there but how do you exchange that many e-mails in less than 2 yrs? How'd you like to be the clerk that had to sort through all of those? Get a life

They are deliberating today...not sure where you heard otherwise, but for a fact they are...sherry said so.

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 8:52 am

As for you question 3, yes I knew this. If you don't have teenager's I can see where you couldn't believe it, lol. Trust me it can be done.

[code]

For sure it can be done...I am not a teenager, and love to talk (maybe you got that by my posts already Laughing )...I write all the time...I will write notes to my son...and he's a mini-me...he writes notes for me as well...I have unlimited texts, but just checked my bill...3,270 last month...it's how I communicate. Emails....same.

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 am

Gizmo711 wrote:

--more@link--

So at this point if the jury was to say LWOP would that be as binding as the DS? Because if worse comes to worse I'd settle for LWOP as long as she never gets an opportunity to get out and would have to spend the rest of her natural life behind bars.

She may think prison life will be nice, she will have to work each day and earn about 23 cents a day until she works herself up to about 30 cents a day (which is high pay in prison). She wont be able to make money off of her sales of T-shirts (I hope they stop all that soon) because she shouldn't be making money off of this murder.

Jodi may be able to join those programs in prison but she sure wont be implimenting them. She will be treated like all the rest of those criminals. She wont be getting the red carpet treatment that she has become accustomed to during this trial.

But of course this is only if the jury doesn't give her the DS. Lets hope they will reach a verdict today.

gizmo...the jury can't vote LWOP...they can only vote LIFE or DEATH. if they vote LIFE, it's up to sherry to decide her sentencing. life without parole...or life with the possibility of parole in 25 years...minus 5 years time served...parole in 2033...the alexanders will never be free of the wench if that's the case...

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Thu May 23, 2013 9:11 am

A little reassurance:

this is from fb...the page for travis alexander:

[bA message from a member of this page. I've copied it out verbatim but have left out the poster's name. If you wish to come forward, please do so in the comments:

"I have unfortunately been in prison where she will go, and TRUST ME!!! She will NOT be the Predator..she WILL be the Prey!!! Prison is WAAAY different than that safe little jail she is in now!!! She's in for a rude awakening!!! And what she said about starting programs and clubs and helping the "illiterate" inmates..NEVER going to happen!!! She's going to be in COMPLETE isolation for AT LEAST five years, and after she manages to "program down" to a lower classification....she still needs to realize that's she's now an INMATE!! The State runs every aspect of your life, so NO she won't be contributing ANYTHING to society!! The closest she'll get is a 50 cent an hour job as a GED tutor..but that will take her YEARS and YEARS to get that "privilege". And her smug, superior attitude she has, all that's going to get her is beaten up and robbed!! So, it would be in her best interest to just SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE and get OK with the fact that as soon as that gate closes behind her at the "Perryville Complex" sign, nobody cares that she's Jodi Arias...for the rest of her disgusting life, all anyone will know about her is her INMATE NUMBER!!!"][i]

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 490529750

and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Thu May 23, 2013 9:18 am

Gizmo711 wrote:

--more@link--

zesmi wrote:
ellejay wrote:

Good morning! The media is grating on my nerves already...I keep hearing the jury is DEADLOCKED...that is NOT the case.

The question was posed for 'clarification' only. They asked what would they do IF they couldn't all agree...not that they DIDN"T agree. Sherry misunderstood, causing pain to the Alexanders'...giving us all agida...and the TH's need to stop sensationalizing things that they aren't certain of.

This jury is intelligent, and conscientious: they will get it right. If I were on the jury, and the Mutt says 'you don't have to kill her...you have already found her guilty...she will never be free...spare her life...give her mercy', and then Juan says 'actually, you need to be aware that LIFE doesn't necessarily mean 'LIFE' like you think it means...if you choose life, sherry will choose if its LWOP or Life with possibility of parole after 25 years'.

Well that would make me not only PAUSE but STOP. I have no confidence in sherry...she has bent over for the defense for 5 months now...Juan is right: they need to follow the law. Under AZ law, if there are NO mitigators...they must vote DEATH.

BBM

Thanks for clarifying. I heard that too, the jurors wanted to know what would happen if we all can't decide unanimously. I think if they were to spare her life they might have wanted to know if this would be natural life without parole..they don't want her out to do this to someone else, I'm hoping for the ultimate sentence...

After seeing her media blitz, this bitch doesn't get it. She will continue to trash Travis and his family, continue to trash the jury cause she feels betrayed by them, imagine that! They didn't buy into her lies and feels betrayed..

One interview got me really upset. Jodi claims she believes in forgiveness and mercy. Why didn't she afford that to Travis?

My heart breaks for this family to have to endure seeing her face plastered on every network doing interviews as she awaits her fate. The jurors don't know half of it and I truly hope they shut Jodi up for good, at least until her appeals process overturns a death sentence to LWOP. It's what she truly deserves..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Thu May 23, 2013 9:26 am

zesmi wrote:A little reassurance:

this is from fb...the page for travis alexander:

[bA message from a member of this page. I've copied it out verbatim but have left out the poster's name. If you wish to come forward, please do so in the comments:

"I have unfortunately been in prison where she will go, and TRUST ME!!! She will NOT be the Predator..she WILL be the Prey!!! Prison is WAAAY different than that safe little jail she is in now!!! She's in for a rude awakening!!! And what she said about starting programs and clubs and helping the "illiterate" inmates..NEVER going to happen!!! She's going to be in COMPLETE isolation for AT LEAST five years, and after she manages to "program down" to a lower classification....she still needs to realize that's she's now an INMATE!! The State runs every aspect of your life, so NO she won't be contributing ANYTHING to society!! The closest she'll get is a 50 cent an hour job as a GED tutor..but that will take her YEARS and YEARS to get that "privilege". And her smug, superior attitude she has, all that's going to get her is beaten up and robbed!! So, it would be in her best interest to just SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE and get OK with the fact that as soon as that gate closes behind her at the "Perryville Complex" sign, nobody cares that she's Jodi Arias...for the rest of her disgusting life, all anyone will know about her is her INMATE NUMBER!!!"][i]

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 21 490529750

and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks Zes..

Sheriff Joe also commented this will never happen.

She still has big dreams trying to sell herself. She really must have learned a lot from Travis..this is a person with low self esteem? I don't think so..

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 23, 2013 9:26 am

Gizmo711 wrote:

Jodi considers herself to be more intelligent than everyone else, which is why she rules her attorney's, why she wont listen to them and she does as she pleases.

I'm amazed that she'd feel this way considering the fact that she dropped out of high school in the 11th grade and then went on to waitress tables; not exactly continung her education, while her lawyers have a doctorate in jurisprudence. Where does she think she got her intelligence? Did the deity just bestow it upon her while asking people at Applebees what they'd like to order?
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next