CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #2

+25
jodi song
maximus
tuhorses
Sea Ray
jitter
gingerrogers
AuntBella
snowbird
ishi
Madara200
Katie2
CuriousPortlander
buddie
inchworm71
2dogsonly
Phoenician
angiefly2
One Wonders
Nan11
Booklover444
hello clarice
Chickenbutt
Gizmo711
Darkman
gpw
29 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 Empty Jodi Arias - Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander

Post by hello clarice Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:41 pm

One Wonders wrote:@CP. Extraordinary job you did with JA's testimony. You get a standing ovation from me.
Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 537511839 Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 973208584
And another one from me too!! Excellent post Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 18726956 I do have an observation to throw out there. Did anyone notice when she went back to sit at her lawyer's desk and she was bent over 'crying' (in my opinion there were no tears) and all of a sudden she stopped, looked up, looked at her female lawyer then grabbed a file folder slammed it open and started writing furiously. All signs of anguish gone - just like that!! I find her fascinating to watch how her moods swing, body language changes so rapidly, voice intonation etc: JM may very well have 'broken her' but IMHO she will be back on Monday and will explode out of the gate on the offensive again. You could see her evil mind ticking over in that brief period before the hearing yesterday. Unbelievable.
hello clarice
hello clarice

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #2

Post by angiefly2 Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm

One Wonders wrote:
Nan11 wrote:
Booklover444 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Arias peeks through her boney crypt-keeper fingers while she pretends to cry? People who are REALLY CRYING do NOT do this at all. Also, on Jane Velez-Mitchell, she was caught on camera "laughing" as she removed her hands from her face. She was probably wondering how many idiots believe her never-ending supply of BS. Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 2488575162

In addition, when she made the very callous comment about Travis's closet being larger than where she lives, I thought I was going to pop my cork. Can you just imagine how Travis's family must have felt after hearing that remark. Judging from the look on JM's face, he probably thought the same thing. Too bad they can't show the Jury photos of her peeking through her fingers while pretending to cry. The other one of her "laughing" as she was removing her hands from her face should be shown too.
Hi, Booklover! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nice to see you drop in!

Concerning the portion underlined by me, I was shocked at that.

During a trial a defendant is not made to wear their shackles or prison uniform, as it is considered 'prejudical' to the eyes of a jury. It was my understanding that they have some sort of stun belt or brace on Arias, and that is the reason that see must always take the stand before the jury enters, and leave the stand after the jury has left.

Apparently, they don't want the jury aware of the fact that she is under some restraint.

But up on the stand, she blurted right out that she lives in a jail cell. I don't know, but that would be considered pretty prejudical to the jury's ears.

I hope that doesn't cause a mistrial--which, of course, is exactly what the defense is hoping for, and may have been her intention, imo.
I don't think it will Nan as she is the one who opened the door to it.

Juan spoke about her currently being in jail in front of the jury before JA did. I wonder if during direct her attorneys said something or opened the doors for JM to be able to say that.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:37 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:I heard Jinkasauras say today that Martinez will not be allowed to re-cross exam the witness, so I've been looking to see if I could verify that. Here's what I found:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Snipped:
-----
WHAT NEXT?
Arias' attorney Kirk Nurmi will get his chance Monday to try to repair the damage caused by prosecutor Juan Martinez's intense cross-examination. Nurmi will ask Arias questions during his redirect examination in an attempt to re-establish her credibility with the jury.

Nurmi's redirect examination is expected to last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Martinez will not get a chance to recross examine Arias, according to Arizona law.
-----

ETA: This info was provided by HLN, and I haven't yet found another source for this.

I heard that as well. This must only be in Arizona, because everywhere else the prosecutor gets the last cahnce at it or it goes back and forth until they are all finished.

I hope that the closing arguements arent like that. I hope the prosecutor gets the last word on that.

I do think that Martinez hit everything there was to hit on to make Jodi into the liar that she is, maybe Martinez will save the rest for the end. Let's hope.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by inchworm71 Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:15 am

I do hope JM gets the final word. I don't see how the defense can counter-act what happened last week it's to strong but I know they'll pull something out of their behinds. I wish in closing the jury would get a chance to see TA really "humanized" not just a case number. Let them, as they walk out to deliberate, watch the memorial video shown at TA'S funeral, play it from beginning to end to remind them that Travis Alexander was human and never deserved the torture that this insane, worthless piece of human flesh delivered upon him.

It breaks my heart to watch his family having to sit through this but having the courage to be there for Travis. I couldn't imagine, I only hope the jury sees that as well.

Jodi has crossed that fine line that determines whether we are animals or human. She is less than an animal and I pray justice will prevail. Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 3366279209
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:32 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:I heard Jinkasauras say today that Martinez will not be allowed to re-cross exam the witness, so I've been looking to see if I could verify that. Here's what I found:

Snipped:
-----
WHAT NEXT?
Arias' attorney Kirk Nurmi will get his chance Monday to try to repair the damage caused by prosecutor Juan Martinez's intense cross-examination. Nurmi will ask Arias questions during his redirect examination in an attempt to re-establish her credibility with the jury.

Nurmi's redirect examination is expected to last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Martinez will not get a chance to recross examine Arias, according to Arizona law.
-----

ETA: This info was provided by HLN, and I haven't yet found another source for this.

I heard that as well. This must only be in Arizona, because everywhere else the prosecutor gets the last cahnce at it or it goes back and forth until they are all finished.

I hope that the closing arguements arent like that. I hope the prosecutor gets the last word on that.

I do think that Martinez hit everything there was to hit on to make Jodi into the liar that she is, maybe Martinez will save the rest for the end. Let's hope.

Per [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

-----
After cross-examination, the attorney who originally called the witness may ask additional questions of the witness to clarify something touched on in the cross-examination. This is redirect examination. The judge may allow an opportunity for the opposing attorney to recross examine.
-----

So, maybe this judge is not allowing it. I guess we'll see next week.

To answer your question about who goes last:

-----
Closing Arguments

When both sides have presented their evidence, each side may make closing arguments. Closing arguments are similar to opening statements. They provide an opportunity for the attorneys to address the judge or jury a final time. The plaintiff/prosecutor speaks first, usually summarizing the evidence that has been presented, and highlighting items most beneficial to the prosecution. The attorney for the defendant speaks next. The defense attorney will usually summarize the strongest points of the defendant’s case and point out flaws in the case presented by the prosecutor. The prosecutor then has one last opportunity to speak.
-----

Thank you, that makes me feel better. At least Martinez will get the last word on closing just incase Nurmi decides to throw in some untruths to boggle the jury's mind.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:37 am

It was said on the media that Nurmi was heard saying something to the effect "stick to this" when he approached JA on the witness stand when she finished all that crying. Just proves the underhanded tactics and the desperation of Nurmi in trying to win this case to make himself a name. He looks just as evil as Jodi, he has that look in his eyes of hate when ever the camera goes on him while he is looking at Martinez.

There is just too much forensic evidence against Jodi to make this a self defense case. No jury is going to believe it.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover444 Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:32 am

Hello, Everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Since I have eyesight problems, I thought I'd reply to everyone at once. Yes, when I noticed Jodi Arias's hands, I thought how much they reminded me of the boney creepy hands of the Crypt Keeper on Tales From the Crypt. affraid Everything about Arias is demonic. Can someone find a YouTube Video of Jane Velez-Mitchell where Arias is pretending to cry? It's the latest one and it shows what appears to me like she is giving JM the finger as she holds her hands to her creepy face. I really believe that is exactly what she is doing, and even with my eyesight I do try hard to look at things very closely because of it. That smug little psychopath even while "pretending" to cry is still being arrogant.

Also, why are so many people forgetting that you cannot "body slam" anyone when you're coming from a shower as you are very wet, probably still soapy & very slippery. He would NOT have had any traction to do that impossible feat she claims he did. Look at how small that bathroom was too. In addition, after having all those things done to him by Arias, hacking into his bank account, Facebook Account, Phone Messages, sending E-mails to all his girl friends, slashing his tires, his girl friend's tires and finally sneaking into his home through a doggie door to spend the night on his couch without his knowledge or permission, Travis STILL DID NOT abuse Arias in any way. She even wrecked his car, which most people would have been very angry about too. Still, after all of that Travis never laid a hand on that little witch. Watching her reenact how Travis "supposedly" attacked her is totally absurd. In my opinion, no one who has all their marbles could possibly believe anything that comes out of her mouth from this point on. However, the truth does manage to slip out of her every now & then. Those are times when she told about Travis feeding the homeless lady by the side of the road. Also, about the time when Travis bought Arias a large box of Cinnibons along with a recipe of how to make them. According to her, Travis left that as a gift in the car he was loaning her because he knew how much she loved these sweet treats. Does that in any way sound like a selfish, abusive man? Look at what he got for his kindness and thoughtfulness to her? I think I'm finished ranting now. I don't feel one bit better. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Booklover444
Booklover444

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Booklover444 wrote:Hello, Everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Since I have eyesight problems, I thought I'd reply to everyone at once. Yes, when I noticed Jodi Arias's hands, I thought how much they reminded me of the boney creepy hands of the Crypt Keeper on Tales From the Crypt. affraid Everything about Arias is demonic. Can someone find a YouTube Video of Jane Velez-Mitchell where Arias is pretending to cry? It's the latest one and it shows what appears to me like she is giving JM the finger as she holds her hands to her creepy face. I really believe that is exactly what she is doing, and even with my eyesight I do try hard to look at things very closely because of it. That smug little psychopath even while "pretending" to cry is still being arrogant.

Also, why are so many people forgetting that you cannot "body slam" anyone when you're coming from a shower as you are very wet, probably still soapy & very slippery. He would NOT have had any traction to do that impossible feat she claims he did. Look at how small that bathroom was too. In addition, after having all those things done to him by Arias, hacking into his bank account, Facebook Account, Phone Messages, sending E-mails to all his girl friends, slashing his tires, his girl friend's tires and finally sneaking into his home through a doggie door to spend the night on his couch without his knowledge or permission, Travis STILL DID NOT abuse Arias in any way. She even wrecked his car, which most people would have been very angry about too. Still, after all of that Travis never laid a hand on that little witch. Watching her reenact how Travis "supposedly" attacked her is totally absurd. In my opinion, no one who has all their marbles could possibly believe anything that comes out of her mouth from this point on. However, the truth does manage to slip out of her every now & then. Those are times when she told about Travis feeding the homeless lady by the side of the road. Also, about the time when Travis bought Arias a large box of Cinnibons along with a recipe of how to make them. According to her, Travis left that as a gift in the car he was loaning her because he knew how much she loved these sweet treats. Does that in any way sound like a selfish, abusive man? Look at what he got for his kindness and thoughtfulness to her? I think I'm finished ranting now. I don't feel one bit better. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I totally agree with you. I was thinking about the fact that there is absolutely no substantial piece of evidence that showed him to be abusive. He simply did not want her for a wife, bottom line. I really don't care to judge them for their relationship, such that it was. Many women continue to see men who have told them plainly that there is no future. She is a very passive-aggressive psychopath, who simply decided, I believe, that if she could not have him nobody could. As the story unfolded in court, I was just dumbfounded. This woman had THREE 5-gallon cans of gas in her trunk. Who does that? She purchased no gas while in Arizona, which proves that she did not want anyone to know she was there. She was clearly hoping to get away with it and planned this start to finish. She is a very dangerous woman, who should never be free again. Does anybody know if there were texts proving that he knew she was going to go down to see him?

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:46 am

Madara200 wrote:
Booklover444 wrote:Hello, Everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I totally agree with you. I was thinking about the fact that there is absolutely no substantial piece of evidence that showed him to be abusive. He simply did not want her for a wife, bottom line. I really don't care to judge them for their relationship, such that it was. Many women continue to see men who have told them plainly that there is no future. She is a very passive-aggressive psychopath, who simply decided, I believe, that if she could not have him nobody could. As the story unfolded in court, I was just dumbfounded. This woman had THREE 5-gallon cans of gas in her trunk. Who does that? She purchased no gas while in Arizona, which proves that she did not want anyone to know she was there. She was clearly hoping to get away with it and planned this start to finish. She is a very dangerous woman, who should never be free again. Does anybody know if there were texts proving that he knew she was going to go down to see him?

I totally agree with both of your posts. There is no way I will believe that Travis was abusive physically to Jodi, it doesn't fit his character. What they did when alone was between two consenting adults, nothing more. Martinez ripped her lies to threads, I just do not see a come back for the defense (of course they will give it their best shot).

I wouldn't doubt that she may very well be giving the prosecutor the middle finger, she looks at him like she would stab him to death if given the chance to do so. This is a woman that leaves little doubt that she would do this again to someone who didn't do things her way. But the next time (if given that chance) she would be more careful, she would do things a lot different to keep herself from being suspect, she would master it so that she could walk after doing it. Her actions after Travis' slaughter showed that she was brazen, only concerned about being caught, showed no regret for what she had did. She showed that she was even more sadistic when she tormented Travis' family with cheap flowers and sympathy cards. It showed a person who enjoyed what she had did and by wanting to have sex with the other boyfriend after the murder, showed that "the murder also turned her on". Jodi is dangerous, there is no two ways about that. She needs to be removed from society completely. I pray the jury sees it this way, I hope they have a half a brain, because that's all it takes to see that this woman is very very dangerous.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 am

This is a really silly question but did Juan already finish his cross of JA? I watched the trial on YouTube and I didn't hear him say he was done...
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Nan11 wrote:
angiefly2 wrote:This is a really silly question but did Juan already finish his cross of JA? I watched the trial on YouTube and I didn't hear him say he was done...
Yep right about at 1:11;28 of this link, he says he doesn't have anything else.

I'm not looking forward to Nurmi taking her threw it again, but I guess that is all that is left of her part.

Although I think that I heard on Nancy Grace that Martinez may be able to re-cross. (I know Nancy is often wrong.) Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 447552385
Thank you Nan :)
I am so not looking forward to re-direct. I really hope it doesn't last as long as I think it will.

ETA: I am also not looking forward to the defense's "expert witnesses" I may just fall asleep lol

Last edited by angiefly2 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Hey everyone! Made it back safe and sound. From 80 degree weather back to arctic weather. arrrgggghhh
Had a great time....won a little money. Toured our house, we have a lot of work to do. Saw some friends...overall had a great time.
CP thanks for that list of Jodi's lies....that really brought me up to speed. You are a life saver!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:56 pm

angiefly2 wrote:
Nan11 wrote:
angiefly2 wrote:This is a really silly question but did Juan already finish his cross of JA? I watched the trial on YouTube and I didn't hear him say he was done...

I'm not looking forward to Nurmi taking her threw it again, but I guess that is all that is left of her part.

Although I think that I heard on Nancy Grace that Martinez may be able to re-cross. (I know Nancy is often wrong.) Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 447552385
I am so not looking forward to re-direct. I really hope it doesn't last as long as I think it will.

ETA: I am also not looking forward to the defense's "expert witnesses" I may just fall asleep lol

For some reason I don't think the re-direct will take that long. There is really nothing that Nurmi can say to ressurect his client, and the longer he keeps her on the stand the worse it can get. But that's just my opinion. He may very well want some more bonding between the jury and Jodi to take place, in hope of sparing her the DS.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Hey everyone! Made it back safe and sound. From 80 degree weather back to arctic weather. arrrgggghhh
Had a great time....won a little money. Toured our house, we have a lot of work to do. Saw some friends...overall had a great time.
CP thanks for that list of Jodi's lies....that really brought me up to speed. You are a life saver!

Hey glad you are back and that you had a good time! I missed ya :)
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
angiefly2 wrote:
Nan11 wrote:

For some reason I don't think the re-direct will take that long. There is really nothing that Nurmi can say to ressurect his client, and the longer he keeps her on the stand the worse it can get. But that's just my opinion. He may very well want some more bonding between the jury and Jodi to take place, in hope of sparing her the DS.

I really hope you are right :) cause listening to JA is hard enough but add Nurmi and it becomes almost unbearable Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 3316290471
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:45 am

Welcome back CB.

I can't wait to see what the defense is going to do to fix what the prosecution did. It is virtually impossible to make Jodi into a truthful person ever again. She broke down on that stand because she finally realized that she is not going to get out of jail. She certainly wasn't crying because of what she did to Travis, that's for sure.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 am

angiefly2 wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:
angiefly2 wrote:
Nan11 wrote:

I really hope you are right :) cause listening to JA is hard enough but add Nurmi and it becomes almost unbearable Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 3316290471

I guess we will have to endure it a little longer. Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 1112333598 Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 1084661402 Jodi Arias #2 - Page 17 3800303220 Hopefully only for today. I think even the judge is getting tired of this bs.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next