CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 10 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:56 pm

I am here...bummer about not being live streamed....
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 10 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:25 pm

Well, Phillips said it is only the jury selection that is not being televised. We can watch the actual trial from the link I provided - possibly other places too - that is just the link he gave me.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 pm

So apparently Vinnie Politan has a new show...."On the case" at 1 pm AZ time. He is following trials, but today it is all about that actors death. Anyhoo, maybe he will be following Jordan Davis.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:28 pm

CN, keep that link handy. Any idea how long jury selection will take?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Rhema Thompson ‏@RhemaThompson
Judge to jurors: What we want is candor. Selection process expected to take about 3 days. #DunnTrial @WJCTJax

Judge Healey: Jury WILL BE sequestered for #DunnTrial

Healey: I expect this case will take two weeks including jury selection #DunnTrial

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Thank you Ellejay.....we can always count on you.....btw, good morning!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--case docs (144 pages.)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Jury selection begins in Michael Dunn trial

--snip--

Authorities say an argument over loud music led to the shooting. Davis was parked in a vehicle with three friends outside the store. Dunn and his fiance had just left a wedding reception and were heading back home when they stopped at the store and pulled up next to the sport utility vehicle that Davis was sitting in.

An argument began after Dunn told them to turn the music down, police said. One of Davis' friends turned the music down, but Davis then told him to turn it back up.

According to authorities, Dunn became enraged and he and Davis began arguing. One person walking out of the convenience store said he heard Dunn say, "You are not going to talk to me like that."

Dunn, who had a concealed weapons permit, pulled a 9 mm handgun from the glove compartment, according to an affidavit, and fired multiple shots into the SUV, striking Davis in the back and groin.
~~~~~

Dunn told officers that Davis threatened him and he thought he saw someone point a shotgun at him from inside the SUV or maybe it was a stick to make him think it was a gun. Under Florida's self-defense law, Dunn could fire if he believed his life was in danger.

But police recovered no weapon from the crime scene, and witnesses said they never saw a weapon. There was no surveillance video taken outside the store.

In a letter to WJXX in Jacksonville, Dunn told the TV station that the case "has never been about loud music."

"After multiple threats of death by Jordan Davis and his brandishing of a weapon, I was convinced that my life was in danger ... I had no choice but to defend myself, I am NOT a murderer. I am a survivor," Dunn wrote.

Dunn's attorney, Cory Strolla of West Palm Beach, said in an email to The Associated Press on Friday that his client "feels that he was the victim of a political system pressured to appease a certain body of constituents."

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Dunn's daughter: I Will Always Stand By My Father

--snip--

Do you stand by your father's side?

Yes, yes, yes, absolutely, always.

Are you confident he will be acquitted and set free?

Yes, absolutely. The thing that frightens me the most is that I see all the corruption that has come with this case. I know the truth, I know what my father says happened is the truth, but it's all these crazy, lying, corrupt people working on this case that scares me. Like Angela Corey. I don't trust her. Not one bit.

Anything else you want the public to know about your dad?

Nothing I say will change your mind once you've made up your mind about it and like I said before, it doesn't matter what the public thinks. I am going to stand by my father, always. We're not going down without a fight, not until the jury sees the truth and I promise, they will. I am blessed to have such a strong family, to have all these wonderful people in my life and I wouldn't change a thing. I have realized that I will be okay as long as I have these people. That is something my father showed me at a very young age. Always persevere, always question authority and always do what is right. And that is exactly what he did.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:53 pm

JVM is also looking into the Jordan Davis case tonite if you can stand watching her..
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Quoting a portion of ellejay's post:

Dunn and his fiance had just left a wedding reception and were heading back home when they stopped at the store and pulled up next to the sport utility vehicle that Davis was sitting in.

Was Dunn drinking at that wedding reception? Was a blood alcohol test done? Was he drinking and driving? Inquiring minds want to know...lol
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Quoting a portion of ellejay's post:

Dunn and his fiance had just left a wedding reception and were heading back home when they stopped at the store and pulled up next to the sport utility vehicle that Davis was sitting in.

Was Dunn drinking at that wedding reception? Was a blood alcohol test done? Was he drinking and driving? Inquiring minds want to know...lol

--his girlfriend said that he had 3 rum and cokes at (his son's) wedding reception and the champagne toast.

--he says that he had 1, and didn't drink the champagne b/c he doesn't like it.

--no BAC was done b/c he holed up at the hotel (ordered a post murder pizza!) they drove home the next day and he turned himself in there. (once sober I expect, and after talking to a friend/neighbour who is in law enforcement (who probably reminded him of the SYG law.)

--she was driving when they went to the convenience store.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Thank you ellejay...I was just scanning thru the docs to see if I could find the answers.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Thank you ellejay...I was just scanning thru the docs to see if I could find the answers.

--actually, I was going off of memory (big mistake)----I just watched the girlfriend's interview again, it sounds like dunn was driving when they went to the store for the wine/chips on the way back to their hotel.

Uncut Police Interview- Michael Dunn's Girlfriend Rhonda Rouer
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 pm

I am surprised they did not charge him with leaving the scene of a crime - or something related to that. I want this guy to go to prison so badly - this was just as cold blooded murder as Trayvon's was
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi Ellejay!!! Good to see you.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:58 pm

It's been a while since I watched the questioning of Dunn following his arrest, but as I recall it, it was more than obvious he was making up B.S. to try to bring himself within the SYG law. And then of course, there are the letters that he wrote trying to get them picked up by the media. Those kids never did anything IMO that would have placed this dude in fear - pissed him off, yeah, but not in fear. He played the red neck going to teach a bunch of black "thugs" a lesson in his mind. I hope when the girlfriend gets on the stand the prosecutor is able to break her because she knows too that this guy wasn't afraid for his life.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:07 pm

I need to go and read/watch the interviews. Sadly, I know very little about this case. Just the bare bones.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Oh read up CB - this is a strong case IMO so unless the prosecutor just throws the case away, he should be convicted as charged. OR, the jury is biased.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Here are the videos:

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:39 pm

I read some of the docs ellejay posted.....statements from the boys etc....and what the shopkeepers heard. Sounds damning to me.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Just a quick thought as I am reading the documents, but the officers report are much clearer than the other (you know whom)....
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:14 pm

The girlfriend says Dunn never mentioned the kid having a gun when they talked about why Dunn was shooting - only that he was afraid for his life. Now if Dunn really believed he saw a gun, that would have been something he would have mentioned to his girlfriend.

She is a terrible liar - she denies that they discussed what happened between each other - but then during her discussions when trying to answer the LE's questions, she forgets and says well we discussed, and then she catches herself and says, no we weren't discussing, I was thinking to myself that....
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:46 pm

--we're going for a jury of 12 plus 4 alternates

FCN2go ‏@FCN2go  
Per Judge Healey 36 of 100 excused, 46 coming back at 1pm Tuesday, 18 left for questioning in #michaeldunn jury selection.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm

HA.....another Liar, liar pants on fire!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next