CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by ADMaximus Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:45 pm

I think he's guilty of Murder 1 as well. I just don't know that they'll convict him though. I'm concerned that Dunn is simply stating what people are already thinking.

And with all that matters being the shooter's state of mind, I don't know that the fact that there was no gun will be enough to put him in jail. I really don't trust this.

ADMaximus

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by ellejay Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:08 am

CherokeeNative wrote:Here are the letters that the Defendant wrote while in jail to various people - some racist comments made too - this guy needs to go down.  Can hardly wait until this case gets a little more action.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
--wow!

--I've read just a few of them, and all I can still say is , wow.

--please tell me that these will be entered into evidence @ trial.

--example: "“The jail is full of blacks and they all act like thugs. This may sound a bit radical but if more people would arm themselves and kill these fuckin* idiots, when they’re threatening you, eventually they may take the hint and change their behavior.”

--a "political prisoner" ???

man, this guy is as delusional as robertZjr.

--i'm sure he's looking fwd to this trial so that he can peddle his opinions nonsense once again.

Last edited by ellejay on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:17 am

ADMaximus wrote:I think he's guilty of Murder 1 as well. I just don't know that they'll convict him though. I'm concerned that Dunn is simply stating what people are already thinking.

And with all that matters being the shooter's state of mind, I don't know that the fact that there was no gun will be enough to put him in jail. I really don't trust this.
--but he said that he thought he saw a gun in the back of the SUV, or a pipe or something.......and then shot at them.

--LE didn't find any gun(s) or a piece of pipe or anything.

--therefore, in the safety of his vehicle, he was doing his SYG against what? loud music? kids that in his mind were thugs?
he had to have perceived that he was in actual/factual danger-bodily harm when he opened fire.

--I surely hope that just SAYING that he thought he saw a weapon of some sort doesn't cut it.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:47 am

Accused shooter of Jordan Davis complains about minorities in Jacksonville, insists in letters he fired in self-defense

In his letters Dunn says he is either a political prisoner or a victim of reverse racism like George Zimmerman, who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and was acquitted in July by arguing self-defense.

Dunn said their cases were “eerily similar.” He said he’s hoping to get his trial moved to one of the surrounding counties that are “predominantly white and Republican and supporters of gun rights.”

In another letter Dunn, who was in town from Brevard County for his son’s wedding, says he wouldn’t have been arrested anywhere but Jacksonville.

Dunn rarely mentions Davis in his letters. But at one point he calls him a thug and complains about his father, Ron Davis, who has repeatedly called Dunn a killer and attended almost every hearing.

“The whites who live in Jacksonville know how the blacks behave, and the blacks want to protect their own,” Dunn said in a letter to his grandmother. “And of course, daddy of the thug I had to defend myself against raised and immaculent [sic] child who could do no wrong.”
In one letter Dunn says he wants to move out of Florida after he’s acquitted because he doesn’t want to live in a state that sucks up to special-interest groups at his expense. But he’s going to go out of his way to expose “them.”

“If this thing holds water, we’ll win a self-defense hearing and not have to go through the ordeal of a trial,” Dunn said. “I’m going to find a slimy civil law lawyer and sue this county for the reverse discrimination. Let’s see them televise that.”
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:01 pm

The letters should be admissible, but who knows in Florida - I never feel confident predicting anything when it comes to Florida anymore.

What I picked up from the letters was that he was hoping they would be get read by the Media - he is wanting badly for his case to generate the publicity that Zimmerman's case did. He just isn't intelligent enough to figure out that what he is saying is information that can be used negatively against him at trial.

I wish I had saved the article I just read a few days ago where friends/neighbors were describing how he had abused his former wife - held a gun to her head - etc. The article was very damning insofar as it described how he is in his personal life.

It is obvious from his letters that he is trying to mold his girlfriend's testimony - giving her facts that "doesn't she remember?" - Hmmm - I would also bet that he has never offered to marry this girlfriend, or confessed such adoring love for her until he now finds himself in jail and relying upon her testimony.

His video interrogation tells it all for me - I sure hope that makes it before the jury.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMaximus Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:37 pm

ellejay wrote:
ADMaximus wrote:I think he's guilty of Murder 1 as well. I just don't know that they'll convict him though. I'm concerned that Dunn is simply stating what people are already thinking.

--but he said that he thought he saw a gun in the back of the SUV, or a pipe or something.......and then shot at them.

--LE didn't find any gun(s) or a piece of pipe or anything.

--therefore, in the safety of his vehicle, he was doing his SYG against what? loud music? kids that in his mind were thugs?
he had to have perceived that he was in actual/factual danger-bodily harm when he opened fire.

--I surely hope that just SAYING that he thought he saw a weapon of some sort doesn't cut it.
You'd think. And I actually agree with you and I feel like this is the standard that the courts need to be establishing. But when you look at the precedent established through the Zimmerman trial and the recent acquittal of that other SYG murderer, the courts seem to be looking at it in terms of whether the shooter's state of mind was sincere. So the question these courts are asking these days is "Could the shooter's fear have been reasonable?" as opposed to IMO what should be "Was the shooter's fear objectively reasonable?"

There was another case in Florida I believe, where a man shot a teenager who was just walking on the same sidewalk as him. He argued that he wasn't sure if the kid had a gun and that he was shooting to save himself. He also got away with that self defense claim.

Dunn has already linked young black males with thug music and general thuggery. As we saw in the case of Trayvon Martin, the simple fact that Jordan was black could be enough to convince certain members of the jury. This defense attorney is already playing those tunes that the dog whistlers love to hear, however, so I can honestly see this case going the wrong direction unless the prosecution puts on a stellar case. And even then this one could also be lost during jury selection.

That said, I'm all in for Jordan. Maybe if enough attention is drawn to these cases, Florida and other states like them can be shamed into protecting the victims. Because really, it seems like children and women are the ones suffering the most here.

ADMaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:11 pm

I just came across this article. It may have already been posted, and if so, sorry for the redundancy, but it is a pretty good article of explaining Jordan's pre-death life style, etc.  I've noticed that Dunn is on his 4th Judge - wonder what the reputation of his current judge is since Dunn indicates in his letter that he intends to file an SYG motion.

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossiepossie Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Eminem or Marshal Mathers is white an calls himself the GOD of RAP a track on his new album.

His tracks are violent promote rap an gansta life style .

An promotes violence against women.

He even vividly describes how he would murder his mother on one of his early albums..

RAP spelled backwards is PAR.

To be on par you are eqaull to hit par on a golf course is to shoot the parity of shots most take to complete the course.

Dunn of course has no interst in parity espesialy with people he considers beneath him.

Wich considering he is lower than a snakes belly is ?

Well nobody he has many comrades on are shareing parity with his lownesss.

But nobody lower than him.

Bigots like him would have to look up to see the soles of our shoes.
ecossiepossie
ecossiepossie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossiepossie Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 pm

by CherokeeNative on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:11 pm

+

----

-

I just came across this article. It may have already been posted, and if so, sorry for the redundancy, but it is a pretty good article of explaining Jordan's pre-death life style, etc. I've noticed that Dunn is on his 4th Judge - wonder what the reputation of his current judge is since Dunn indicates in his letter that he intends to file an SYG motion.

@

Some of these defendants collect an dismiss Judges the way Elizibeth Taylor collected husbands an alimony checks.

ecossiepossie
ecossiepossie

Back to top Go down

Post by sams Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:35 pm

ecossiepossie wrote:by CherokeeNative on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:11 pm

+

----

-

I just came across this article. It may have already been posted, and if so, sorry for the redundancy, but it is a pretty good article of explaining Jordan's pre-death life style, etc.  I've noticed that Dunn is on his 4th Judge - wonder what the reputation of his current judge is since Dunn indicates in his letter that he intends to file an SYG motion.

@

Some of these defendants collect an dismiss Judges the way Elizibeth Taylor collected husbands an alimony checks.

Perhaps not Richard Burton and certainly not Mike Todd cause Liz inherited his entire estate but the other ex-husbands, I have full confidence she paid them alimony.

sams

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 pm

ecossiepossie wrote:by CherokeeNative on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:11 pm

+

----

-

@

O/T

Hi Ecco...missed you!

Elizabeth Taylor was my idol...she collect husbands like diamonds. LOL Until her death she could still make people melt with her smile. Her beauty carried her far, and gave her the world.
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossiepossie Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:20 pm

If I were armed with a gun one of the more people he wants armed to teach thease idiots a lesson.

As I stated If I had a gun an were perchance at a gas station.
An saw a Drunken middle aged man argueing with a group of youngsters over the volume of there music

An then witnessed him pull out a gun an start fireing indiscrimitly into there vechicle.

I know whom I would deem an Idiot an whom I would shoot dead to teach a lesson.

An it wouldn't be the unarmed kids fleeing for there lifes.

Some people have a self awareness by pass .
ecossiepossie
ecossiepossie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:25 am

--I love it.

--hard to believe it's been a year already, waiting for JUSTICE for Jordan.

--video at link.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Classmates and teachers at Wolfson High School honored Jordan Davis Wednesday, the local teenager killed in a shooting over loud music at a Southside gas station.

Students in the music appreciation class, Jordan's favorite class, turned up the music as a tribute to the 17-year-old. Ron Davis, Jordan's father, spoke to students.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:45 pm

It looks like taxpayers are not 100 percent off the hook for the trial of Michael Dunn.

Claiming he's out of cash, the judge gave the accused killer a small break Thursday morning.

The judge ruled the state will pay no more than $6,500 to help cover the costs of transcripts and an investigator.

The help is so the trial won't be delayed. Dunn is accused of shooting and killing Jordan Davis, 17, at a Southside gas station after an argument over loud music.
~~
Dunn is due back in court Dec. 12. His trial is set for Feb. 3.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Appeals court sides with media in dispute over public records in Michael Dunn case

--snip--

The 1st District Court of Appeal in Tallahassee has thrown out a Jacksonville judge’s order limiting the amount of materials that can be released to the public in a high-profile murder case.

In a unanimous ruling, the appellate court said Judge Russell Healey could not keep records from the public for up to 30 days after the prosecution hands them over to the defense in the first-degree murder trial of Michael David Dunn. The ruling came a day after oral arguments occurred in the case.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMaximus Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:38 am

Bring on the Sunshine!

ADMaximus

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:37 am

Trial still set for 2/3, day after super bowl
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Does anyone know if this trial is going to be live streamed? If so, any idea what station/site? Thanks.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sams Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Does anyone know if this trial is going to be live streamed? If so, any idea what station/site? Thanks.
I don't know for sure, but am betting HLN will be carrying the trial with hopefully lots of coverage, panels and comment. Looking forward to lots of discussion of the trail here, too.
Feeb, I am also a huge fan of Liz Taylor. Still wear her White Diamonds hand cream,  powder, perfume and will go to the grave wearing it.

sams

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:48 am

thanks Sams.....I will be here and see if I can find it live streaming...We can always use the chatbox it we want while watching it.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:17 pm

I have been googling haven't found anything yet. I'm not looking forward to the defense because I know they will be tearing these boys apart.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 am

Good morning to anyone who is here signed on. I am trying to make a "come back" into trial watching after GZ - it's hard to get motivated after such a devastating verdict. Here goes....
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:20 am

Welp, shows how "out of it" I am - Trial is not being broadcast. Bummer.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 am

After jury selection, Trial will be live streamed from the link below according to John Phillips, the Davis' attorney:

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks cn. I am in the same spot afraid to watch but afraid not to watch.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next