CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+27
Islander
arizon
Bfly83
Byia
ishi
NoahMan
twee
Febbie
2Merritt
ecossiepossie
littlemisspriss
CherokeeNative
jdny1174
Katie2
ellejay
papapi
angiefly2
Gizmo711
Sea Ray
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
One Wonders
Nell Belle
LiveLaughLove
gpw
Nan11
snowbird
31 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

"Oh wait a second I need my make up on first!" Will this be said by Arias on her way to the death chamber?

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 Vote_lcap76%Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 13 ]
Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Sea Ray Wed May 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Can someone please explain to me why we should take the word of a psychologist over a ME when it comes to evaluating the effects of a bullet into the brain? As Dr Drew just put it, "he has no business commenting on bullistics and brain injury". I don't think the judge should have even allowed him to comment on that
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gizmo711 Thu May 02, 2013 7:30 am

I tried to make it, but passed out, just woke up, which is three hours after I normally do. Still don't know the outcome. Did they finish up last night or not?

From what I saw, I don't think that anything helped Jodi.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 02, 2013 8:19 am

Jodi Arias Trial Day 54

Part 1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Part 2
Part 3
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Cross Starts)
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 02, 2013 10:04 am

I was right....HLN is saying that the jury gets the instructions first, then Juan will do his closing and then......God save us......Nurmi will give his closing, then Juan again. I thought the jury instructions came before the closings!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu May 02, 2013 10:07 am

Nan11 wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:I tried to make it, but passed out, just woke up, which is three hours after I normally do. Still don't know the outcome. Did they finish up last night or not?

Hi, Gizmo! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 788090459 All is good. I don't think they made many points, if any at all.

I made it, but it was exhausting.

Closing statements are ready to begin today at 1:30 pm Eastern time! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 773772895

My granddaughter is performing tonight and tomorrow night, but I made arrangements to stay home tonight and go tomorrow. Her father will go tonight. Just too exhausted, and I want to see these closing arguements. From what I saw, I didn't see the sense in even having him on the stand. He was just basically repeating and mostly agreeing with Samuels for the most part. The jury has to be totally exhausted to have to have sat thru all that BS. However, they did ask some good questions which showed that they were paying attention (at least the ones that asked the questions). The brain thing wasn't even in his catagory. I can't even think that the jury would consider the gun shot was first. There is just no way a man with a bullet in his head would be able to continue to go after her while telling her that he was going to kill her. He would have known he was shot and would have went into shock even if the bullet didn't incompasitate him.

Also this guy never even met with Jodi. All these so called experts, either spent too much time with Jodi and formed a bond or no time at all. I hate to say it, but this judge is an airhead, she could have stopped all that repetative questions to move it on.

Last edited by Nan11 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (Fixed error in my comment.))

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 am

Chickenbutt wrote:I was right....HLN is saying that the jury gets the instructions first, then Juan will do his closing and then......God save us......Nurmi will give his closing, then Juan again. I thought the jury instructions came before the closings!

I always thought that they came just before deliberations. But it will be interesting to listen to. WOW, it's finally nearing the end....... Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 3824466984 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 2308263648 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 18726956

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 02, 2013 10:12 am

Ya know, I'm wondering since there are such conflicting opinions among the experts, if the jury will just throw out all their opinions and go from there?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 10:14 am

Nan11 wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:I tried to make it, but passed out, just woke up, which is three hours after I normally do. Still don't know the outcome. Did they finish up last night or not?

Hi, Gizmo! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 788090459 All is good. I don't think they made many points, if any at all.

I made it, but it was exhausting.

Opening statements are ready to begin today at 1:30 pm Eastern time! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 773772895

I think it's called closing statements at this point and according to this, they're supposed to start at noon eastern time:

Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 10:18 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Ya know, I'm wondering since there are such conflicting opinions among the experts, if the jury will just throw out all their opinions and go from there?

I don't think whether she suffered PTSD is a big deal here. The point is was she practicing self defense by stabbing him 20 some times and putting a bullet through his head? The evidence would suggest no.

It's very possible that after seeing what she'd done, PTSD did take place but that doesn't absolve her of the crime
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Thu May 02, 2013 11:00 am

Sea Ray wrote:Can someone please explain to me why we should take the word of a psychologist over a ME when it comes to evaluating the effects of a bullet into the brain? As Dr Drew just put it, "he has no business commenting on bullistics and brain injury". I don't think the judge should have even allowed him to comment on that

I know I wouldn't take what he states over the ME. He has no MD experience, no autopsy experience is not a neurosurgeon where he can offer up any info on how the effects of a gunshot to the head would not incapacitate anyone.

I would use my own thoughts on this and say, yes, that shot to the head would have incapacitated very quickly. There were too many defensive wounds on Travis' hands to think the gunshot came first.

So maybe the jurors will use their own common sense and critical thinking to say that's BS...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Thu May 02, 2013 11:02 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:I was right....HLN is saying that the jury gets the instructions first, then Juan will do his closing and then......God save us......Nurmi will give his closing, then Juan again. I thought the jury instructions came before the closings!

I always thought that they came just before deliberations. But it will be interesting to listen to. WOW, it's finally nearing the end....... Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 3824466984 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 2308263648 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 2 18726956

Arizona might do it this way. Juror instructions come before the closing arguments.

I can't believe the end is here..finally, after 55 days of testimony, countless number of sidebars, finally Jodi will learn her fate. Thank goodness after today, I don't have to listen to Nurmi or Willmott anymore..with the exception of Nurmi doing the closing arguments today..

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Thu May 02, 2013 11:05 am

Sea Ray wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:Ya know, I'm wondering since there are such conflicting opinions among the experts, if the jury will just throw out all their opinions and go from there?

I don't think whether she suffered PTSD is a big deal here. The point is was she practicing self defense by stabbing him 20 some times and putting a bullet through his head? The evidence would suggest no.

It's very possible that after seeing what she'd done, PTSD did take place but that doesn't absolve her of the crime

I believe Jodi should have kept the diagnosis of BPD instead of pushing this PTSD on the jurors. At least then they'd have an excuse to not vote for the DP. Now, well, there's a bigger chance she will get that..rightfully so, in my mind..

She tortured Travis before she put the bullet in his head, might I add, the ME believes Travis was alive for the throat slashing which leads me to believe that is the reason Jodi put a bullet in his head to stop the death rattle she heard..sorry to be so graphic but that's how I see it..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 11:38 am

There's more evidence that the bullet came last rather than first. One is the fact that the shell casing was sitting in a pool of blood but there was no blood on top of it. Also there's very little bleeding around the gunshot wound which suggests that his heart was not beating at the time. Regardless of whether the shot came first or last, she's guilty of killing him. This only means that she told one more or one less lie
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 02, 2013 11:48 am

Sea, if they find her guilty of 1st degree then it will matter. For the death penalty, iirc, they have to show the killing was heinous and cruel. The order of the wounds will be important then to show that the stabbings came first and caused Travis pain and terror and the killing shot came after he suffered to the extreme.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Thu May 02, 2013 12:15 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:Can someone please explain to me why we should take the word of a psychologist over a ME when it comes to evaluating the effects of a bullet into the brain? As Dr Drew just put it, "he has no business commenting on bullistics and brain injury". I don't think the judge should have even allowed him to comment on that

I know I wouldn't take what he states over the ME. He has no MD experience, no autopsy experience is not a neurosurgeon where he can offer up any info on how the effects of a gunshot to the head would not incapacitate anyone.

I would use my own thoughts on this and say, yes, that shot to the head would have incapacitated very quickly. There were too many defensive wounds on Travis' hands to think the gunshot came first.

So maybe the jurors will use their own common sense and critical thinking to say that's BS...

I sure hope you're right about that last part, LLL. I think Pliffler, Gleffler, or whatever his name was, was about the worst the defense put forth. Thanks heavens he didn't last on the witness stand any longer than he did. I would not have been able to tolerate listening to much more of his ineffectual pablum.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu May 02, 2013 12:19 pm

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
Trial will resume tomorrow at 9:30 am #JodiArias 12:30 EST

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 4m
Jury Instructions will be read prior to the start of closing arguments #JodiArias. Closings are scheduled for today and tomorrow.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Sea, if they find her guilty of 1st degree then it will matter. For the death penalty, iirc, they have to show the killing was heinous and cruel. The order of the wounds will be important then to show that the stabbings came first and caused Travis pain and terror and the killing shot came after he suffered to the extreme.

If I'm a juror, it doesn't matter to me if Jodi did it the way she wants us to believe. Isn't it heinous and cruel to have a guy wonder around the house spitting up blood with a bullet in his head while he gets stabbed 26-30 times? That qualifies in my book
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Thu May 02, 2013 12:21 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:

I believe Jodi should have kept the diagnosis of BPD instead of pushing this PTSD on the jurors. At least then they'd have an excuse to not vote for the DP. Now, well, there's a bigger chance she will get that..rightfully so, in my mind..

She tortured Travis before she put the bullet in his head, might I add, the ME believes Travis was alive for the throat slashing which leads me to believe that is the reason Jodi put a bullet in his head to stop the death rattle she heard..sorry to be so graphic but that's how I see it..

Though I do believe the slashings came first, and the bullet was the final assault, I was disappointed that the ME blamed the error in his report on a typo. I don't have any doubt he has given us accurate testimony, and the bullet pierced Travis' brain as the ME testified to, but I did find that part somewhat disturbing.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 12:23 pm

gpw wrote:I just can't see choosing the knife over the gun if you are trying kill someone and leave with as little evidence as possible behind...just can't see it.

It was a passion killing. Leaving as little evidence as possible wasn't her primary motive. In fact on that basis, she failed bigtime. She should have taken the camera with her
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next