CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Apperson (George Zimmerman) General Discussion #1

+3
CherokeeNative
Chickenbutt
Febbie
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Matthew Apperson (George Zimmerman) General Discussion #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Matthew Apperson (George Zimmerman) General Discussion #1

Post by CherokeeNative Tue May 19, 2015 11:16 pm

twee wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/shooter-fixated-george-zimmerman-police-report-says-153412039.html

Shooter was fixated on George Zimmerman, police report says

The incident happened on 5/11, he was arrested on 5/15.  So in the five day investigation they found out he was "fixated"   Still my question:  Who made this decision?  Did they talk to his doctor?  If so did they have a warrant?  What was their probable cause?   Or are they taking GZ's word that the guy was fixated.   This is raising a lot of questions in my mind.  Oh and how did he get CCW (or whatever it's called) if he was mentally ill

For some reason, LE always believes GZ, but I agree Twee, who made that decision. And did he go "looney" after the CWP was issued to him? Although, this is sorta along the lines of the scenario that I was hoping would take the child-molesting murderer out - someone who is fixated on the fact that GZ needs to pay for his crime - only this guy missed. Drats.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Matthew Apperson (George Zimmerman) General Discussion #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Matthew Apperson (George Zimmerman) General Discussion #1

Post by twee Wed May 20, 2015 1:07 am

http://www.news4jax.com/news/arrest-report-details-mental-health-of-man-who-shot-at-george-zimmerman/33102012

Arrest report details mental health of man who shot at George Zimmerman

"In Apperson's arrest report, which Local 6 obtained from the Seminole County Clerk of Courts, a Lake Mary police officer wrote, "During the investigation, I learned that Apperson has exhibited unusual behavior in which he had recently been admitted to a mental institution. It appears that Apperson has a fixation on Zimmerman and has displayed some signs of paranoia, anxiety, and bipolar disorder."

A Lake Mary Police spokesperson said the information came from family and friends but was not independently verified."

BBM - this answers one question from family and friends... with friends like these who needs enemies :)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 20, 2015 2:38 am

Geez louise.....I can only imagine what my family and friends would say to the press.... Matthew Apperson (George Zimmerman) General Discussion #1 - Page 3 2672159185
People need to learn to keep their mouths shut. Everyone wants 15 minutes of fame.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Wed May 20, 2015 7:56 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/shooter-fixated-george-zimmerman-police-report-says-153412039.html

Finally an attorney speaking out about the diagnosis (what happened to Nejame)

"Apperson's attorney, Michael LaFay, refused to comment on any past hospitalizations of Apperson, but he questioned the qualifications of the Police Department to make any psychological or psychiatric diagnoses.

"I'm unaware of any psychological or psychiatric degrees that are held by the officers at the Lake Mary Police Department," LaFay told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I'm going to take their diagnoses with a grain of salt.""
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu May 21, 2015 1:14 am

twee wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/shooter-fixated-george-zimmerman-police-report-says-153412039.html

[size=18]"I'm unaware of any psychological or psychiatric degrees that are held by the officers at the Lake Mary Police Department," LaFay told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I'm going to take their diagnoses with a grain of salt.""

Absolutely!
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Thu May 21, 2015 10:41 am

Police said surveillance video taken from a local gas station in that incident showed Zimmerman's truck following the Apperson's car into the parking lot. Apperson called 911 from inside the store.

"They followed me and followed me, so I turned into this gas station," Apperson told a 911 dispatcher. "That's when they blocked me in and made an aggressive move and block me in with the truck. I ran in and they took off. "

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/29032651/police-george-zimmerman-involved-in-shooting-in-lake-mary

Caught on video, following Apperson, yet LE claim Apperson is fixated. SMH
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu May 21, 2015 10:53 am

I am so looking forward to more info coming out. It looks as if police rushed to judgement because it was GZ. Not saying Apperson wasn't in the wrong I just haven't read all the witness statements and seen the evidence.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Thu May 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Finally an attorney speaking out about the diagnosis (what happened to Nejame)

"Apperson's attorney, Michael LaFay, refused to comment on any past hospitalizations of Apperson, but he questioned the qualifications of the Police Department to make any psychological or psychiatric diagnoses.

"I'm unaware of any psychological or psychiatric degrees that are held by the officers at the Lake Mary Police Department," LaFay told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I'm going to take their diagnoses with a grain of salt.""

Michael LaFay is one of NeJame's partners. He's also board certified in Criminal Law. I'm with him, Lake Mary Police Department isn't qualified to make a call on Apperson's mental health.

http://www.nejamelaw.com/trial-attorney-lafay.html
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 pm

ITA Oma... When I read the arrest report I was wondering how they came to that conclusion. It was too fast, because I would think any attorney in his right mind would have fought the LE getting the medical records.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Fri May 29, 2015 3:29 pm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman/os-george-zimmerman-matthew-apperson-bond-hearing-20150529-story.html

Prosecutors today asked Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson to make him wear a GPS device so that any time he comes close to Zimmerman, Zimmerman would know about it.

Apperson's attorney, Michael Lafay, argued that there was no legal justification, but the judge ordered it anyway.

Matthew Apperson first appearance
Matthew Apperson of Winter Springs was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and firing a deadly missile into an occupied conveyance after an altercation with George Zimmerman.
Don West, Zimmerman's lawyer, says his client is willing to wear a companion device, hardware that would alert him if Apperson, while wearing a GPS monitor, comes near him.

West said the shooting for Zimmerman was "a remarkably traumatic event." A bullet passed within "inches of his head."

Gosh, looks like Georgie Porgie is getting just a little taste of how Trayvon felt. Good!
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri May 29, 2015 5:00 pm

OMG... Poor George he had another traumatic experience, but it was God's will that MA is not a better shot. Also I thought GZ moved out of state
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Fri May 29, 2015 5:48 pm

twee wrote:OMG...  Poor George he had another traumatic experience, but it was God's will that MA is not a better shot.   Also I thought GZ moved out of state

I figure he's enjoying all the attention here and has decided to stay. Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water....
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat May 30, 2015 12:02 am

I have never heard of this before. Letting the "victim" know when the "suspect" is close? Oh wait...that gives Georgie time to load his gun.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat May 30, 2015 12:12 pm

I keep missing information... Did we get a copy of the interviews??? I am at a loss as to why MA is considered fixated (not saying he isn't but how does anyone know)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Sat May 30, 2015 1:36 pm

twee wrote:I keep missing information...  Did we get a copy of the interviews???  I am at a loss as to why MA is considered fixated (not saying he isn't but how does anyone know)

I haven't found the interviews anywhere nor have I found a copy of the state's motion to modify asking for this special GPS monitor. Just news articles about what they say. I don't know how they would know he's fixated on GZ unless they consider being watchful of someone who has threatened you as being fixated.

Does this GPS thingy make it easier for GZ to stalk Apperson? George does have a history of following him and others. I have concern for Apperson's safety...GZ is the one with the gun and history after all.
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat May 30, 2015 1:40 pm

I have read on other sites about his mother saying she refused to give him a gun she was keeping for him. Also he was released from a mental institute three weeks before it happened. I have google every word I could think of and can not find where they get their info. So any help would be appreciated.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Sat May 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Some interesting info in this blog post on Black Butterfly. Interesting comments as well. BTW, the highlighting trick in that video works but it still doesn't say how the police knew about Apperson being treated for bipolar even though they have based their entire arrest on it.

https://blackbutterfly7.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/matthew-apperson-free-on-bond-while-zimmermans-social-advocates-violate-hipaa/#more-5514

The arrest report is on her site too. Try highlighting any blank spaces you see.

https://blackbutterfly7.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/apperson-arrest-report.pdf
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Sat May 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Not sure if this was posted before but here is Apperson's mom speaking on his behalf at a news conference the day of the incident.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57oVsJZT7w
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat May 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Oma, from what you posted this is still all hearsay With GZ being the biggest fn liar. I saw the Mother's statement.

Still no solid evidence of MA stalking GZ but I know GZ will win in the end
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Sat May 30, 2015 9:03 pm

twee wrote:Oma, from what you posted this is still all hearsay   With GZ being the biggest fn liar.  I saw the Mother's statement.  

Still no solid evidence of MA stalking GZ but I know GZ will win in the end

I absolutely agree with you. I suppose there could be more that hasn't been put out there but it seems like they rushed this and it doesn't seem like they have any real evidence. This is a "he said, he said" and GZ's track record doesn't make me want to trust what he says. I am hoping this case goes forward but right now I don't tend to believe Apperson did anything other than protect himself. GZ is a cowboy with that gun and I absolutely believe he waved it at Apperson. If he did and they can prove it, it's a stand your ground case for sure.
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by Omachka Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:08 pm

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/29354382/prosecutor-upgrades-charge-against-zimmermans-shooter
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) - The man accused of shooting at George Zimmerman has been charged with attempted murder.

A prosecutor on Thursday upgraded the charges against Apperson. State Attorney Phil Archer said in a statement that people ought to be able to travel the streets without fear.

"Our law enforcement community and the State Attorney's Office works vigorously to ensure people may travel our busy streets, going about their business, without fear. Every resident and visitor to Seminole County deserves this freedom," said Archer.

Apperson had "a fixation" on the former neighborhood watch leader and had recently been admitted to a mental institution, according to a police report. The Lake Mary Police Department report said he had shown signs of paranoia, anxiety and bipolar disorder.

They still aren't saying where they got the info about his hospitalization and diagnosis.
Omachka
Omachka

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Isn't the first court appearance 6/23... need to see if anything has been released.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:52 pm

twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Mon May 09, 2016 2:59 am

twee wrote:I still have fits of anger...   Against all odds I blame the jury...  They had their mind set and bullied that one juror...  

I agree, the jury was a travesty, but I have come to the conclusion that the prosecutors just didn't have their hearts in it. There was so much in the evidence files that could have led to a guilty verdict, I believe. But knowing that they didn't have the backing of the police officers involved in the investigation, or a judge who was actually capable of administering such a high profile case, the prosecution failed in many respects to fully prosecute the charge against the murderer.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Mon May 09, 2016 3:03 am

Omachka wrote:http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/29354382/prosecutor-upgrades-charge-against-zimmermans-shooter
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) - The man accused of shooting at George Zimmerman has been charged with attempted murder.

A prosecutor on Thursday upgraded the charges against Apperson. State Attorney Phil Archer said in a statement that people ought to be able to travel the streets without fear.

"Our law enforcement community and the State Attorney's Office works vigorously to ensure people may travel our busy streets, going about their business, without fear. Every resident and visitor to Seminole County deserves this freedom," said Archer.

Apperson had "a fixation" on the former neighborhood watch leader and had recently been admitted to a mental institution, according to a police report. The Lake Mary Police Department report said he had shown signs of paranoia, anxiety and bipolar disorder.

They still aren't saying where they got the info about his hospitalization and diagnosis.  

This quote is particularly ironic, considering Trayvon Martin was just going about his own business and was gunned down for absolutely no other reason than to satisfy the egotistical insanity of George Zimmerman.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next