CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #2

+25
jodi song
maximus
tuhorses
Sea Ray
jitter
gingerrogers
AuntBella
snowbird
ishi
Madara200
Katie2
CuriousPortlander
buddie
inchworm71
2dogsonly
Phoenician
angiefly2
One Wonders
Nan11
Booklover444
hello clarice
Chickenbutt
Gizmo711
Darkman
gpw
29 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jodi Arias #2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #2

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 am

I was thinking about the birth control issue that someone brought up upthread. I wonder if the jury can ask about that? It was never brought up in direct, cross or anywhere else. But to me, sex and birth control go together.

Do you think the reason there was so much anal sex is that Jodi 1) Refused to use it (it was against the Mormon doctrine?)?
2) Travis didn't trust that Jodi was on birth control and he absolutely did not want her pregnant?

Whadda all think?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:14 am

Darkman wrote:Only she knows how EXACTLY it happened ... or what and how EXACTLY went on between them that day...

If she didn't forget all the details after the gun went off (as she claim it was, which i don't really believe .. or VERY VERY skeptical off ... I BELIEVE that she remembers EXACTLY how it happened and what happened, including even most smaller, more minor details).

I agree Darkman, and it is a slap in the face to Travis' family for her to sit there smugly and pretends she just can't recall...

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenician Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:15 am

Sea Ray wrote:Has anyone asked Jodi why she told the police that Travis did not own a gun? I'd be interested in how she answers that one

Oh, I'll tell you how she would answer that one ... "I was protecting Travis' reputation."
Phoenician
Phoenician

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenician Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 am

Darkman wrote:Jodi should have got pregnant .. and then say to him: "You either marry me or i am going to hit you with some heavy duty child support" :))))

Beats murdering him, and then be facing 1st degree murder charges with possibility of DP or LIFE ... IMO anyhow

Thankfully for the world, it's hard to get pregnant from oral and anal sex. Last thing we need is "spawn of Jodi" ...
Phoenician
Phoenician

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:02 am

She also had a case of water in the trunk. Why would she have bought a case of water for the trip when if would have been to hot to drink. Was that too so that she wouldn't have to stop to get something to drink? After she got to the desert she suddenly remembered that she had the water in the trunk and she used it to wash off the blood. Was this water bought for just such a purpose? To wash up with? It seems that she caught herself thinking of everything in her planning to murder Travis. Everything except the most important things, like deleted pictures can be retrieved. Like Walmart would have a record a gas can returned.

I believe she left that third gas can out in the desert thinking that it would never be noticed that she ever even had a third can. Then when she realized that they knew of it, she suddenly (as she always does) give a reason, and that being she returned it the same day.

Bottom line is that she couldn't stand for Travis to consider going with someone else, especially after she threw all that sex on him in hope to get him to marry her. She went there with the intent of killing him unless he changed his mind.

Also, has it been said that Travis was aware of her coming to see him, if so, I believe he would have told someone. She knew when his room mates would not be there, she may have waited outside until they all left. She did e-mail him a letter saying she was sorry she didn't get to see him on her journey (after his murder), therefore I would assume that he had no knowledge of her coming there at all, because she would have been thinking that he may have told someone that she was there or coming, thus placing her at the scene.

She thought that she thought of the perfect murder. Wrong......

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:07 am

Good point, she must have been using some sort of birth control or she would have gotten pregnant, so why hasn't that question been asked? I'm sure that would be against the Mormon faith and would be a give away that they were in fact having pre marital sex.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:41 am

Giz, when we moved to NY and insured out car here, the insurance dude gave us a "Survival List" of things to keep in the car....kitty litter, candles, extra gloves, blanket etc. In AZ they also have "Survival Lists" and on the top of that list is water. If you get stranded in the desert you want water, even if it is hot in the trunk of your car. To be without water and be stranded can be a death sentence. So the water in the trunk is not concerning to me. It is actually a smart thing to do.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:Back when Jodi was being interviewed/intorrigated by the detective I remember her saying that "if she was to say that she did it her life would be over so what did she have to lose". I took that to mean that she would take her chances with a "not guilty" plea and play it out in court (I could be wrong, but that's how I took it up). She then had 4 years to figure out her best move. After 2 years she came to the realization that she would have to admit that she did it, so the only other way she could go was to use self defense. She since has gained confidence that she could play this thing out. However, her lies are beginning to catch up with her.

This is where I think Jodi and her defense team have erred. I think she would have been better off pleaded temporary insanity and explained it as a crime of passion. This would have better explained the memory loss, the attack to Travis from behind and the 29 stab wounds. I think with such a defense, her chances would have greatly improved for a manslaughter verdict and as such would likely be released shortly after the trial given time served/good behavior and the short sentences given for such a crime. I wonder if this decision will be delved into later when interviews/books/movies are made about her?
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Darkman wrote:I agree with you Sea Ray .. possibly would have been a better move to go that way.

Gismo711 wrote:
Also, has it been said that Travis was aware of her coming to see him, if so, I believe he would have told someone...
Not nessesarily ... As she is claiming Travis kept her as his "little dirty secret" ... and especially after they officially broke up, Jodi would be even large "little dirty secret" ... especially if she was to come over to his place for the purpose of spending some quality private time together.

I have often wondered about whether Travis knew she was coming to see him. I tend to think he did not know because we have not seen any texts at all confirming this or phone records, or have we? I am thinking since there is no phone evidence that she was going to see him but he was totally unaware. I also think she was enraged about this new girl who was going to Cancun with Travis. "Bittersweet" she said she felt when she knew that Travis was seeing her...Huh, a jilted lover feeling "bittersweet?" Jodi was not just your typical fling, she was obsessed!!!!

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Giz, when we moved to NY and insured out car here, the insurance dude gave us a "Survival List" of things to keep in the car....kitty litter, candles, extra gloves, blanket etc. In AZ they also have "Survival Lists" and on the top of that list is water. If you get stranded in the desert you want water, even if it is hot in the trunk of your car. To be without water and be stranded can be a death sentence. So the water in the trunk is not concerning to me. It is actually a smart thing to do.

I guess your right, hot water is much better than no water. I travel back and forth from Florida to New York, but no deserts are involved so I never had to worry about that. I guess the gas cans she carried will also fall under precaution. She had it all worked out.

However her lies are catching up with her and I'm sure Martinez will bring out a lot more.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Madara200 wrote:
Darkman wrote:I agree with you Sea Ray .. possibly would have been a better move to go that way.

Gismo711 wrote:
Also, has it been said that Travis was aware of her coming to see him, if so, I believe he would have told someone...
Not nessesarily ... As she is claiming Travis kept her as his "little dirty secret" ... and especially after they officially broke up, Jodi would be even large "little dirty secret" ... especially if she was to come over to his place for the purpose of spending some quality private time together.

I have often wondered about whether Travis knew she was coming to see him. I tend to think he did not know because we have not seen any texts at all confirming this or phone records, or have we? I am thinking since there is no phone evidence that she was going to see him but he was totally unaware. I also think she was enraged about this new girl who was going to Cancun with Travis. "Bittersweet" she said she felt when she knew that Travis was seeing her...Huh, a jilted lover feeling "bittersweet?" Jodi was not just your typical fling, she was obsessed!!!!

No, I haven't heard anything at all indicating that Travis knew she was coming. I think she snuck up on him, this way he couldn't mention it to anyone that she was coming. Maybe she was thinking that she was going to catch him with another woman. It's a good think she didn't or we would have had two murders. Could be that why she carried both a gun and a knife just incase he had company.

She probably waited down the block from his house until his room mates left for work. She had to be sure that no one would see her and place her at the scene. This was so premeditated it's sickening. She knew just what she was going there for.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Yes gas is a precaution also. But 3 5-gal cans? That is a lot of gas to carry. 5 gal, if her car got 30mpg, would get her 150 miles. There are gas stations more often than 150 miles. I have drive from LA to PHX and back hundreds of times and I never took gas with me. I have also driven from PHX to SLC a few times. Gas was never a problem.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Sea Ray wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:Back when Jodi was being interviewed/intorrigated by the detective I remember her saying that "if she was to say that she did it her life would be over so what did she have to lose". I took that to mean that she would take her chances with a "not guilty" plea and play it out in court (I could be wrong, but that's how I took it up). She then had 4 years to figure out her best move. After 2 years she came to the realization that she would have to admit that she did it, so the only other way she could go was to use self defense. She since has gained confidence that she could play this thing out. However, her lies are beginning to catch up with her.

This is where I think Jodi and her defense team have erred. I think she would have been better off pleaded temporary insanity and explained it as a crime of passion. This would have better explained the memory loss, the attack to Travis from behind and the 29 stab wounds. I think with such a defense, her chances would have greatly improved for a manslaughter verdict and as such would likely be released shortly after the trial given time served/good behavior and the short sentences given for such a crime. I wonder if this decision will be delved into later when interviews/books/movies are made about her?

The only problem with that was that she covered up afterwards. One cannot claim temperary insanity while covering up their crime. Also I thinks it's pretty obvious that she brought the gun with her, otherwise there would have been no reason to disgard the gun afterwards.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:

The only problem with that was that she covered up afterwards. One cannot claim temperary insanity while covering up their crime. Also I thinks it's pretty obvious that she brought the gun with her, otherwise there would have been no reason to disgard the gun afterwards.

The problem of covering it up afterwards is with her regardless of which strategy she chose. Temporary insanity better explains her memory loss and the killing itself. Self defense, even if you believe her story, doesn't explain stabbing him 20 some times, some of which are in the back. Even if you believe he broke her finger in 2007, even if you believe little boys turned him on, even if you believe he was a sex addict...that still doesn't explain the violent nature of this crime scene. An enraged killing does.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:35 pm

I don't think we'll ever know for sure if he knew she was coming or not, but I don't see what difference it makes. I think he willingly had sex with her all afternoon complete with pictures and all

This gets to Jodi's biggest mistake in all of this. If you're going to kill someone, you don't take pictures of yourself and the victim the day of the crime. She should have seen to it that no camera was w/i 100 ft of them that day. My guess is she figured she'd take the camera with her at the end of it all but in all the stress of the killing it got mixed up with his clothes that went into the washer--but that's just a guess on my part. She never should have taken this chance to begin with.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next