CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #3

+29
raushan
papapi
ametist
westav
gpw
Nell Belle
missy12
Madara200
CherokeeNative
ecossiepossie
Katie2
Just_21
ishi
hello clarice
Islander
AuntBella
One Wonders
snowbird
Gizmo711
Sea Ray
drkm
Dаrкman
Darkmаn
angiefly2
Chickenbutt
inchworm71
CuriousPortlander
Nan11
Congrats
33 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #3 - Page 22 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #3

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm

I guess I just cannot comprehend a professional getting on the stand and not budging even after hearing things that back up a different story. She is supposed to be unbiased, so even she she had bent a little it would not have effected her money that she is due. It just seemed to me that she was holding on to untruths by Jodi to satisfy the defense. She couldn't have possibly believed what she was saying. That I find to be extremely unprofessional. If I had been her, I would have tried to keep good faith with the public as well. When this case is over she has to go back to her job with abused women, how can they ever trust her again.

No, I would never call her place of work or try to harm her in any way what so ever, but I guess some people out here are upset to think that LaV is trying her darndest to get Jodi off, that to me is not the smartest thing to do. It is so obvious that Jodi is capable of murder again. Jodi thinks she can walk away from this, she thinks she is that smart, and these so called experts are helping her to think this way. Jodi feels that if she was able to fool these experts then it should be a piece of cake to fool the jury.

Both Samuels and LaViolette have boosted Jodi's ego and made her feel secure in her defense. Jodi is by no means an abused moman nor is she suffering from any low self esteme, on the contrary, she is just the opposite.

I can't wait to verdict day, I want to see the look on Jodi's face when it comes back "guilty as charged".

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sea Ray Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:19 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:As for searay, saying that we shouldn't be downing the woman, well that's what message boards are about. You want us to accept opposing opinions yet you are not willing to accept ours.

I'm sorry. I must not have made myself clear. I do think spouting opinions like we do here is appropriate and fair. And that's what I tried to say in this part of my previous post:

I think it's more fair to do that in forums like this one.

I must not have made my opinion clear. My fault.

What I object to are people giving their opinion of Ms LaV in the book review section of Amazon.com for the purpose of punishing her in the pocketbook.

As to my not willing to accept your opinion, I have no idea what you're talking about. In fact there's nothing in your post that I disagree with. I'm thinking you've got me confused with someone else
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:41 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Hi, Sea Ray,

Although I agree that people shouldn't be writing comments about an author on a book review for the sole purpose of hurting sales, or intimidating, harassing, or threatening an author, I respectfully disagree that people, in general, shouldn't write a book review if they haven't read the book. What is wrong with providing feedback on the author in a book review? Again, I'm not talking about the reviews that are trying to intimidate or harass the author; I'm talking about legitimate personal opinions that are trying to educate consumers about the author and/or their background, qualifications, etc. Isn't that valuable information to have when evaluating which book to get?

I'm looking at this from a consumer's point of view. If I go online to buy a book, I read the reviews for information on both the book and what people think of the author. For example, if I were looking at a book written by, let's say, Dr. Oz, I'd be interested in reading people's opinions about the book, but also about the author as well. If people had formed opinions about him from either reading other books of his, or from watching him on TV, why should they not be entitled to comment on that in a book review, even if they haven't read the book? Why, as a consumer, should I not be able to read such comments there?

To give an analogy, let's say Company X is advertising a product, let's say, Product D, on Amazon. Let's say I had personal experience with or observations about Company X's other products such that the poor quality or problems I had experienced with products A, B, or C, or that manufacturer's services (like customer support) would prevent me from buying another product from that manufacturer. Are you saying it's not fair for me to post my observations/opinions about the company's other products/services on Product D's page? Suppose Products A, B, and C are obsolete and no longer being sold. Where else could I post such opinions? As a consumer, that's exactly the type of information I would want to see in product reviews. I don't see it as bashing the company, but rather providing information to other consumers so that they have more information with which to make an educated decision as to whether or not to purchase a product.

In fact, this recently happened to me. I was looking on Amazon for a specific type of keyboard, and I found one I liked. But the reviews indicated that many people had had problems with other keyboards from this manufacturer, and/or had trouble with customer service either not accepting returns or not fixing the product, or just not responding to the issues at all. As a consumer, trying to make an informed decision, I found their opinions to be very valuable, even though it wasn't specifically about the product in question.

I don't see how commenting on an author is any different.

To say that people should only comment about authors on a blog or forum - well, that just makes no sense to me. How would someone shopping on Amazon have any clue where to go to read reviews about the author if not on that's author's product page? Not one member of my family or any of my friends know anything about the Jodi Arias case, let alone who testified on her behalf. If they were a victim of domestic violence, and were looking online for a book on it, how on earth would they know to go look at true crime websites to get feedback on the author? The book review seems to me to be the most logical place for such comments.

Just my two cents.

I hear what you're saying but if someone who has not read the book uses Amazon to slam the author, what is the purpose? The only answer I can think of is to hurt sales of her book and I think that's vindictive.

I've got a couple examples that I think more closely correlate to what we're dealing with here than an electronics maker:

Let's say you don't like Donald Trump on his TV show; think he's pompous, outdated and a jerk. But that doesn't make a book he writes a one star. Perhaps a book he writes on how to make money is really spot on? I think that's possible. Here's a more specific example. Let's use Bill O'Reilly. He's very polarizing and suffice to say there are people out there who hate his guts. Should these people band together and trash the history books he writes on Lincoln and Kennedy? If someone disagrees with him on Pres Obama, does that make any book he writes a 1 star? Seriously, how can one decide on a star rating from 1 to 5 if you've never read the book? I will say if one does decide to enter a review of a book you've never read, be it Ms LaV, O'Reilly or anyone else, I think the fair thing to do is to clearly disclose that in your review and I didn't see much of that on Amazon.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 pm

It's telling me that "the default mail client is not properly installed" at the e-mail address (justicefortravis@gmail.com) I don't have a pay pal account, so if you would be so kind as to direct me on how I can do this.

I pulled up the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that is in your post but there was no directive on how to send any money.

Thank you, i'll be back on the board in the am and I will send a donation if I can figure out how (hate to sound stupid, I must be doing something wrong) Do we have to have a pay pal account? Maybe there is another way to send it.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Sea Ray wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:As for searay, saying that we shouldn't be downing the woman, well that's what message boards are about. You want us to accept opposing opinions yet you are not willing to accept ours.

I'm sorry. I must not have made myself clear. I do think spouting opinions like we do here is appropriate and fair. And that's what I tried to say in this part of my previous post:

I think it's more fair to do that in forums like this one.

I must not have made my opinion clear. My fault.

What I object to are people giving their opinion of Ms LaV in the book review section of Amazon.com for the purpose of punishing her in the pocketbook.

As to my not willing to accept your opinion, I have no idea what you're talking about. In fact there's nothing in your post that I disagree with. I'm thinking you've got me confused with someone else

I didn't mean to sound as though you weren't accepting others opinions, I guess I read your post wrong and took it up that you were dissatisfied with what we were saying about LaV. Sorry.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:I didn't mean to sound as though you weren't accepting others opinions, I guess I read your post wrong and took it up that you were dissatisfied with what we were saying about LaV. Sorry.

I don't think you could have a lesser opinion of LaV than I do. In fact as a guy, I take her man hating personally. I agree with anyone that despises her for the pain she's heaping upon an already grieving family by falsely accusing this dead man of domestic abuse. She's guilty of all that. In fact I am delighted that so much of the country sees through her. I know how she comes across to me but I'm often not very politically correct. I'm glad to see that it's not just me that she's rubbing the wrong way.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 am

Nan11 wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:It's telling me that "the default mail client is not properly installed" at the e-mail address (justicefortravis@gmail.com) I don't have a pay pal account, so if you would be so kind as to direct me on how I can do this.

I pulled up the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that is in your post but there was no directive on how to send any money.

Thank you, i'll be back on the board in the am and I will send a donation if I can figure out how (hate to sound stupid, I must be doing something wrong) Do we have to have a pay pal account? Maybe there is another way to send it
Hi, Gizmo! Jodi Arias #3 - Page 22 788090459

Hmmm, good question - I'm not sure. I did read where some people are sending checks, but I would have to look more into that.

I'm not on Facebook, but I 'Googled' Travis Alexander Memorial Fund and I came up with the following. See what you think -

We've had numerous requests from people wishing to make donations to Travis' family [to cover travel and living expenses during the trial].

I am happy to announce that a PayPal acct is being set up but in the meantime, you can donate here:

ABA/Routing# 322274925
Account# 2032485-8
Credit to the Account of: Travis Alexander Memorial Fund or Samantha Alexander
Pacific Marine Credit Union
1278 Rocky Point Drive Oceanside, CA 92056

[Please be advised that neither of the admins manage this nor the PayPal acct. It is handled exclusively by Travis' family.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I could PM Katiecoolady to be sure that address is okay.

Thanks Nan,

This I know how to do, thank you for the information. Will get on it today

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 am

Is there court today and will it be televised? Anyone know?

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:56 am

Vinnie just said that testimony was supposed to resume at 4:30 today....no idea if that is AZ time or EST.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 pm

I am posting from my phone I don't have Internet today so I probably won't be on here much except to read any updates. Unless there is a miracle and I get my Internet back then I also won't be able to post any videos today. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I miss u all already : )
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next