CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+27
Islander
arizon
Bfly83
Byia
ishi
NoahMan
twee
Febbie
2Merritt
ecossiepossie
littlemisspriss
CherokeeNative
jdny1174
Katie2
ellejay
papapi
angiefly2
Gizmo711
Sea Ray
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
One Wonders
Nell Belle
LiveLaughLove
gpw
Nan11
snowbird
31 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

"Oh wait a second I need my make up on first!" Will this be said by Arias on her way to the death chamber?

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 Vote_lcap76%Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 13 ]
Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 Vote_lcap24%Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay Sat May 04, 2013 2:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3TV unveils what's next for Jodi Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez

--snip--

When the Arias trial is over, Martinez will move on to another high profile case, prosecuting former Phoenix Police officer Richard Chrisman.

The ex-cop is accused of shooting an unarmed man and his dog in 2010.

That has 3TV asking why does Martinez always get the high profile cases?

"Cases are assigned by the MCAO Homicide Bureau Chief based on a range of factors including relevant experience, current caseload, and familiarity with the investigation (our homicide prosecutors are on call 24-7 and respond on a rotating basis to every homicide investigation within the County)," Cobb said via email.

Top prosecutors with MCAO make more than $100,000 a year.

According to Cobb, Martinez also has "multiple cases he's continually working on" but get's "support from a team of senior attorneys, paralegals and staff."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat May 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Sunday 5pm
"There will be a Candle lighting in Phoenix to support Travis and his family/friends.
Wesley Bolin Memorial Park
1690 W Jefferson St, Phoenix, Arizona 85007

If you're not local to Phoenix, please light a candle or turn your porch lights on for Travis ♥
JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!"

--also:

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias
Group Prayer scheduled this Sunday,6p.m. PST. Go to "JodiAriasfriendsand family" Facebook group for details. Thank you and God bless.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Sat May 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Sea Ray wrote:
gpw wrote:JM has law and some facts on his side.
But they totaly botched the sequence of events.
It all started with Dr. Horn and his report, misleading and not accurate.
JM closing statements of knife first makes no sense and was full of holes.
JM did not have logic or common sense when it came to crime sequence. So will be interesting to see if this is thought through.

There's no concensus on what came first, knife or gun. Some experts say knife others say gun but JM has to go with what the Medical Examiner says. I think his explanation makes the most sense but I understand those who argue otherwise. The fact that the shell casing is not covered in blood tells me that it came last. Surely a drop would have splattered on it if it was the first thing. But I don't think it's material as to guilt or innocence. Most implausible of all scenarios is that Travis spent his energies chasing Jodi around the house with a bullet in his head rather than calling 911. As Juan put it, she killed him three times. We can differ on the order but she still killed him twice unnecessarily

jdny1174 wrote:I agree completely, it doesn't matter in whether or not she is guilty, but with the shell casing being blood free to me that makes it quite obvious she shot him last. In my opinion she stabbed him first, he struggled to get a footing and fight back and fell on the sink for support and she attempted stabbing him in the back as he tried to get away from her (hence why the stabs in the back aren't deep), and then she cut his throat, and out of fear, and to make sure there was no chance he could survive and call 911 after her departure, she then shot him in the head to make sure he was dead. That's how I see it.

Dr. Horn made a typo, big deal.

You would have to believe the gunshot to the head was last, since he said there was no blood, his heart already stopped pumping after the slit to his throat.

This was so heinous, so horrendous, so egregious that I can't imagine her getting anything less then the top murder charges. I believe it's warranted and even if she gets sentenced to death, she'll spend a decade there while her appeals process goes through.
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Sat May 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
ellejay wrote:
MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
Jury will deliberate next week from 9:00 am to 4:30 until they reach a verdict. #JodiArias

@xxx those are the hours they picked.

@courtpio Do we know how long we will have from the time they announce there is a verdict til the actual reading of the verdict?

MC Superior Court MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
@xxx about 45 minutes or until family arrives

I'm surprised that the defense didn't demand that the jury be sequestered. I would think that he would want to wear them down until they chose a lesser offense. This way they get to go home and rest and come back fresh and ready to deliberate.

But I'm sure that when Jodi is found guilty Nurmi will appeal and use that as one of the reasons.

As I heard it yesterday, Arizona hasn't sequestered a jury in over 80 years..why, I don't know but that seems a little odd to me..

Also heard Juan Martinez had a case for a man for felony murder, the jurors came back with a verdict in 15 minutes...wish this would be the case for Jodi..they have all the info and based on the juror questions, I don't think they believe her story.. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 2672159185
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat May 04, 2013 2:40 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:
ellejay wrote:
Jury will deliberate next week from 9:00 am to 4:30 until they reach a verdict. #JodiArias

@xxx those are the hours they picked.

@courtpio Do we know how long we will have from the time they announce there is a verdict til the actual reading of the verdict?

MC Superior Court MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
@xxx about 45 minutes or until family arrives

I'm surprised that the defense didn't demand that the jury be sequestered. I would think that he would want to wear them down until they chose a lesser offense. This way they get to go home and rest and come back fresh and ready to deliberate.

But I'm sure that when Jodi is found guilty Nurmi will appeal and use that as one of the reasons.

As I heard it yesterday, Arizona hasn't sequestered a jury in over 80 years..why, I don't know but that seems a little odd to me..

Also heard Juan Martinez had a case for a man for felony murder, the jurors came back with a verdict in 15 minutes...wish this would be the case for Jodi..they have all the info and based on the juror questions, I don't think they believe her story.. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 2672159185

Arizona must get a lot of jurors, that's the main reason why so many people try to get out of jury duty. Also, this jury seem pretty smart from the questions they asked during trial. I hope they are just as smart as to not fall for Nurmi's BS.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat May 04, 2013 7:18 pm

littlemisspriss wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:For those who work in the prosecutorial side of criminal law there comes a moment of initiation. It is an occurrence which is usually insignificant in itself, like reading a police report or listening to a witness, but it has the power of revelation. At this moment, a person realizes, this is different; this is not like anything I have experienced.

For me this rite of initiation occurred in an elevator in the criminal courts building as I rode in an elevator up to a courtroom where I was assisting two states attorneys in a trial. The elevator was crowded, and as it moved slowly upwards, I inhaled a vile odor. I realized that the stench was coming from a cardboard box being held by one of the investigators in the case. The box contained evidence in the case, a bunch of clothes. The clothes were all heavily blood-stained. The smell of dried blood is nauseating. It was that sensation, that sickening smell that marked my passage into the world of the prosecutor's office.

Most deputy prosecutors only remain prosecutors for a few years - usually lasting no longer than their contractual agreement of 3 years. By that time, they are burned out and ready to move on to another practice of law - either as a criminal defense attorney or changing directions entirely and going into civil litigation practice.

Those that stay on in the prosecutor's office and become senior deputy prosecutors are given the high profile cases as well as difficult murder cases. By the time they reach this level, they have seen more than their fair share of death and mayhem in every form imaginable. Having worked a few years in a California district attorney's office, I assure you that it is very easy to start seeing our world in a completely different light. In fact, I left that office simply because I was too young at the time to be able to cope with the paranoia that working around so much crime was causing me.

The reason I am going through this is to just give a little insight into the eye of a prosecutor and what they feel when they are given a case to prosecute after so many years of seeing the blood, smelling the blood - one where a child has been cut down early in life or a young man who has lost his life at the hands of a sociopathic stalking girlfriend. He's up against defense counsel whose case is so weak as to resort to accusing the victim of pedophilia or a young boy of being a thug. He may be aware of information that we are not privy to that proves the expert has alterior motives or a witness is less that reputable but unable to admit it into trial. It may be that the only way to show this jury that this witness is not to be trusted is by demonstrating his loath and disgust through his exmination. I can't imagine the defeat and total resign I would feel if I had to spend months prosecuting a case only to have a jury return a verdict such as it did in the Casey Anthony trial. I can't imagine the utter sense of failure I would feel if I had to look Travis' siblings in the eye if the jury fails them. So, while Juan was abrasive in his examinations of some of the witnesses, I sort of understand where his heart is.

I have no doubt Juan Martinez is passionate and only wants justice.... that being said for me personally there is no excuse for attacking peoples sexual orientation simply because you don't like their expert opinion.... it doesn't excuse many of the things he said to witnesses.... especially his own.... being passionate...and even in the right doesn't excuse the kind of repulsive behavior he displayed towards human beings....

Jodi Arias deserves every bit of his ire, our ire, disgust, and the feeling of repugnance..... there were many, many, many witnesses that testified in that horrendous trial.... many of them deserved respect.... the basic respect one human being shows to another..... in MY opinion Juan Martinez didn't have respect for ANYONE..... yes he fought a good hard fight for justice for Travis..... but what a damn shame it will be if that jury returns with a verdict that is anything less than first degree murder..... The Casey Anthony trial should have taught prosecutors a lesson..... some of those jurors weren't ashamed to admit that Jeff Ashton just flat out turned their stomachs and they stopped listening to him or trusting him.... they felt it was all a game to him.... as a result a child murderer is free..... how impressed will we all be with Mr. Martinez if the same kind of things are said about him after they give that black widow a lesser sentence?

I didn't see the "attacking peoples sexual orientation" apparently because I would have been highly offended. I admit that I did not watch every day, every hour of the trial - I just turned it on and let it play in the background as I worked. I have always agreed 100% with your comments and position as stated so I have reason to believe if you say he was offensive, then he must have been offensive. On the other hand, I watched the CA case from the moment Caylee went missing and it was broadcast on the news until the Jury verdict and I thought Jeff Ashton put on an excellent case. I know that is controversial, but that is why. I will never agree that Ashton is the reason that case was lost - IMO, the blame rests solely with the lazy assed Pinnelas jury. The evidence was there - they were just too damn stupid and lazy to do their jobs.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat May 04, 2013 8:07 pm

I feel as though a jury should look at the case, not by how he feels about the prosecutor but the defendant. It is the murderer that they are deciding over. I personally would not let a murderer go free because I didn't like the prosecutor or the defense attorney. I have watched many a trial thru my years and there were many defense attornies as well as prosecutors that I didn't like. But it would not have altered my opinion of the person on trial.

As for Casey Anthony, I doubt that any of the jurors didn't like Jeff Ashton, I think it was more about having an agenda. Bring back an outragious verdict and get interviews. Immediately following the verdict in the CA trial a juror told a reporter that he could be interviewed for 50,000, that's the answer right there. I truly feel that those jorors sold their sole in hope of making some quick money, they couldn't care less about Caylee Anthony.

As for Martinez, I pretty much watched the trial (inbetween the frequent station breaks) and I did not find anywhere that Martinez was questioning anyones sexual orientation. I believe that when he asked LaViolette if she had a relationship with Jodi Arias, that he was speaking in the sense that she had grown to like her (not in a sexual way) but just bonded with her, which would have made her be in favor of JA.

However, what I did find offensive was the way that Nurmi questioned Dienna, it was grossly offensive and should have been objected to. This poor woman had to tell her secrets on national TV and for what? She didn't kill anyone, his client did the killing. It just went to show that Nurmi wouldn't stop at anything to win this infamous case and try and make a name for himself. I understand that this was one of his first cases after having been a prosecutor and he was trying to win big points to start his practice off with. That is what I found offensive and uncaring of the witnesses.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat May 04, 2013 8:39 pm

I don't know the exact part of the questioning it was but Martinez asked LaViolette "if she had a relationship with Jodi Arias" and LaViolette said no but with some hesitation. I think she was trying to figure out what exactly Martinez was referring to. However, I took it up that he meant some sort of bonding issues with Jodi, not of a sexual nature. I don't know what LaViolettes sexual orientation is and could care less, but I truly doubt that that was what Martinez was meaning.

But if it was taken up that way or even meant that way, I still wouldn't blame Martinez. Nurmi went after the states witnesses pretty bad, they were both out to try and prove their case. Quite naturaly I would find anything offensive from either side that I wasn't in favor of. But in reality, they both had a job to do.

Seeing as so many low things were brought up about Travis and little boys and girls that we all know was untrue, anyone that would get on the witness stand and try and make these accusation real would be opening themselves up for some attack to their personal life also. If Martinez did mean that statement that way, I guess he wanted to show LaViolette what it felt like to be blamed for something that wasn't true. The only difference would be that Travis isn't here to defend himself and she is. So I still wouldn't look at this as a personal attack out of the blue, that's if he meant it that way. I still think he meant that they had formed some sort of bond and therefore she would testify in JA's behalf and be biased. But I could be wrong, but it still wasn't a bigee, Laviolette didn't seem to be offended by it.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat May 04, 2013 8:44 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:
gpw wrote:JM has law and some facts on his side.
But they totaly botched the sequence of events.
It all started with Dr. Horn and his report, misleading and not accurate.
JM closing statements of knife first makes no sense and was full of holes.
JM did not have logic or common sense when it came to crime sequence. So will be interesting to see if this is thought through.

There's no concensus on what came first, knife or gun. Some experts say knife others say gun but JM has to go with what the Medical Examiner says. I think his explanation makes the most sense but I understand those who argue otherwise. The fact that the shell casing is not covered in blood tells me that it came last. Surely a drop would have splattered on it if it was the first thing. But I don't think it's material as to guilt or innocence. Most implausible of all scenarios is that Travis spent his energies chasing Jodi around the house with a bullet in his head rather than calling 911. As Juan put it, she killed him three times. We can differ on the order but she still killed him twice unnecessarily

jdny1174 wrote:I agree completely, it doesn't matter in whether or not she is guilty, but with the shell casing being blood free to me that makes it quite obvious she shot him last. In my opinion she stabbed him first, he struggled to get a footing and fight back and fell on the sink for support and she attempted stabbing him in the back as he tried to get away from her (hence why the stabs in the back aren't deep), and then she cut his throat, and out of fear, and to make sure there was no chance he could survive and call 911 after her departure, she then shot him in the head to make sure he was dead. That's how I see it.

Dr. Horn made a typo, big deal.

You would have to believe the gunshot to the head was last, since he said there was no blood, his heart already stopped pumping after the slit to his throat.

This was so heinous, so horrendous, so egregious that I can't imagine her getting anything less then the top murder charges. I believe it's warranted and even if she gets sentenced to death, she'll spend a decade there while her appeals process goes through.

Your right, she would be very old even if the appeals went thru before she would ever see the outside world again. I just pray that the jury doesn't come back with "man slaughter" or even worse "not guilty". That would be a travesty for sure and two in in such a short period would totally destroy my fate in the justice system. It's bad enough Casey Anthony is walking around a free woman, we certainly don't need another pschopath out here.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Sun May 05, 2013 4:04 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
angiefly2 wrote:Jodi Arias Trial Day 56 Defense Closing and Prosecution Rebuttal Closing

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Angiefly, thank you for two things, One, for the library, it allowed me to see what I missed last night. Two, for your quote on the bottom of your post "there should never be a time that we shouldn't protest an injustice".

I am fighting the ticket I got last night because I did NOT pass that light. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 124247948 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 3517373132 If I was guilty, I would pay it willingly, but I am not guilty and I will prove it.

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 1449507023 Hello Gizmo!
You are welcome :) I was happy to post all of the videos for this trial and I am glad we have them all in our library here so we can watch them in the future if we ever choose to do so. I am also glad my signature line inspired you to fight your injustice. I have always liked that quote because it can pertain to many areas in one's life, for one thing, but I also like it because it is a quote from a Holocaust survivor (which you may already be aware of) Elie Wiesel. Elie wrote, the Non-Fiction book, Night I have read this book twice and I must say it had a very profound effect on me. Sorry for the off-topic but if you haven't read that book and your local library has it or you can probably get it on Amazon really cheap, it's well worth the read. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you got a ticket for something you didn't even do... I think you said it would be over $200.00 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 8 3027723184 that is crazy!!! it sucks that, that happened to you and I hope you are able to get that resolved somehow. Have a good rest of the weekend and hopefully come Monday the jury will come back with that guilty verdict and we can all witness Justice for Travis and his Family and Friends!
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 05, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks one, for your kind words, I actually think that he may have mistaken me for someone else. He also wrote on the ticket that I had no passengers in the car when my 15 year old granddaughter was sitting right next to me. I raised her and she lives with me, and I have the program with her name in it as well as my entrance ticket, so I think that should prove that she was in the car with me. It was also raining and I was going about 30 miles an hour and I would never pass a light especially at an intersection. I know they have cams in their car and I will ask to see a picture of me passing that light. Thanks again, and I will certainly try and get that book you mentioned, sounds like good read.

I am waiting patiently for this verdict, I will be glued to the TV. I just know they will be back quick. This jury asked some good questions and really made it appear that they were paying strict attention. I doubt that they will be able to get past the three vital attacks that either one would be fatal, the heart, the throat and then the shot to the head. I think this is why Nurmi through in there that she just snapped (how convenient for her to have a gun and knife just when she decides to snap). I do hope that the jury is smarter than that.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Sun May 05, 2013 8:51 am

Wondering why Jodi wasn't charged with perjury or forgery?

Heard on Friday that Jodi forged a letter detailing the alleged pedophilia that Travis was allegedly into. Not that I buy it for a second. I believe Jodi is just an evil beast who truly felt scorned that Travis was not taking her to Cancun. She can deny that all she wants but I still feel that was the driving force behind her. She put out, she felt used and abused, she wouldn't take the fact that Travis was soooo over her, he was done. Don't think that's ever happened to her, seemed she always left the relationships for another man..

I can't wait for the jurors to get back to deliberations tomorrow..hoping they come back with a fast and righteous verdict..

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 am

Nan11 wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:Thanks one, for your kind words, I actually think that he may have mistaken me for someone else. He also wrote on the ticket that I had no passengers in the car when my 15 year old granddaughter was sitting right next to me. I raised her and she lives with me, and I have the program with her name in it as well as my entrance ticket, so I think that should prove that she was in the car with me. It was also raining and I was going about 30 miles an hour and I would never pass a light especially at an intersection. I know they have cams in their car and I will ask to see a picture of me passing that light. Thanks again, and I will certainly try and get that book you mentioned, sounds like good read.

I am waiting patiently for this verdict, I will be glued to the TV. I just know they will be back quick. This jury asked some good questions and really made it appear that they were paying strict attention. I doubt that they will be able to get past the three vital attacks that either one would be fatal, the heart, the throat and then the shot to the head. I think this is why Nurmi through in there that she just snapped (how convenient for her to have a gun and knife just when she decides to snap). I do hope that the jury is smarter than that.
BBM - Exactly, Giz.

It reminds me of the saying: "If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell ya."

There was a lot of talk that the male juror who got thrown off was responsible for many of the 'good' questions. If that is true, it leaves me a little concerned.

I don't think we have long to wait, though--so, we'll see soon enough.

As desperate as Nurmi is I wonder if he had that juror followed? This is the first case where I have seen 2 juror's already knocked off (the third was due to illness). I know that the attornies know which juror's are asking questions. I just wonder.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossiepossie Sun May 05, 2013 12:08 pm

colin black says:

May 3, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Juror No. 1

She is a white female in her 60s and sits closest to the witness stand. She doesn’t look at Arias often during her testimony. People in the gallery observed her yawning once during an emotional part of Arias’ testimony.

Juror No. 2

He is a white male in his 50s. He takes few notes and usually has his head cupped in his hands as he listens to testimony.

Juror No. 3

She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions.

Juror No. 4

He is a white male in his 60s, and he takes few notes.

Juror No. 5

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”

Juror No. 6

She is a white female in her 60s and is also seen taking many notes.

Juror No. 7

He is a white male in his 30s, and he is married. He takes notes and often bites his nails.

Juror No. 8

He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

Juror No. 9

He is a white male in his 60s. He wears denim on most days and sits at the end of the jury box. He sits close to the first row of the gallery where Alexander’s family sits.

Juror No. 10

He is a white male in his 70s and is married. He has a tattoo on his right arm. He rarely is seen taking notes. He sits the furthest away from the witness.

Juror No. 11

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She takes a lot of notes. She does not look at Arias during testimony. She tends to look straight ahead or down at her notes.

Juror No. 12

She is a white female in her 40s and also takes lots of notes. She swiveled her chair toward Arias during her testimony.

Juror No. 13

He is a white male in his late 60s to early 70s. He wears an audio-enhancing headset provided by the court. He does takes notes.

Juror No. 14

He is a white male in his early 60s who often swivels in his chair. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 15

He is a white male in his late 20s or early 30s. He appears to be the youngest member of the jury and takes very few notes. He smiled when Martinez asked Arias if she could predict the future.

Juror No. 16

He is a white male in his 40s.

Juror No. 17

He is a Hispanic male in his late 20s to early 30s. He dresses casually and sometimes slouches so far down in his chair that he is hardly visible to the gallery. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 18

She is a white female in her 40s. She is an occasional note taker and she often looks at the

ecossiepossie
ecossiepossie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossiepossie Sun May 05, 2013 12:13 pm

The three alternates must be able to here the jurys deliberations.
Before ccty an pc ect.
They would be present in deliberation room but not allowed to participate.

So they will either be in the same room but of to the side an not at the deliberating table.
Or they will be in seprate room but able to hear audio of deliberations.

How else can they step in an put there opinions foward .
If they dont know whats been discussed..
ecossiepossie
ecossiepossie

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Sun May 05, 2013 12:14 pm

That whole thing about the forged letter is revolting. Shows what a despicable monster Arias truly is. If the prosecution could prove she forged it, it should have been allowed in, imo. If it's true, it shows how desperately she would lie to try to get off.

papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next