CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:03 pm

lol elle.....makes me glad hubby was sick of seeing the trial news and changed the channel
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by Cleos_mum Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:51 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Been watching and now digesting the implications of the verdict. I am content with the verdicts and even with the deadlock. I am confident that Angela, John and Erin have reevaluated their presentation of the facts and will hone them for the retrial.

There was some talk (by talking heads) of offering Dunn a deal, plead guilty to M2 and the sentences of the other 4 counts will be run concurrently. I just don't see why Dunn would do that. What does he have to lose. If he gets the 60-75 yrs, why plead to anything. He has nothing to lose by taking his chances with another jury.

It has also been said that Judge Healy is very stern in his sentencing. We can only hope.

But all in all, today was a good start in the quest for justice for ALL the boys.

Corey didn't look much like she was in the mood to offer a plea deal. I think she wants him convicted of Murder 1. I hope she gets it, too.

I'm absolutely worn out and really enjoyed posting with everybody during the verdict watch. I'm so glad this trial is over and the next one won't be for a few months. I'm going to get some rest. See you good folks later.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:29 am

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:Ellejay - what is the mandatory minimum for 2nd degree attempted murder?  Pretty Please??? Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 4152284982   If you gave it up thread - just say so, and I will find it - but I thought we only had the 1st degree attempted murder.

--i'll take her word for it:

Sunny Hostin ‏@SunnyHostin  · 39s  
“@sleepguy121606: @SunnyHostin how many yrs would he get just for the counts he was convicted on?” 60-75 years

Thanks for all your informative posts throughout this arduous verdict watch and verdict.  Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 845784626 
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:19 pm

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

Given we had an inside view of what was going on with the jury with regard to the Murder 1 count because of all of their questions, I am relieved that they hung on it.  I was so afraid that the juror(s) that was/were holding out for a conviction would get brow beat into agreeing to a defense verdict.  And Angela Corey has already stated they are retrying the case, so it turned out as best it could considering.  And all the while we know that Dunn is going away for a very long time despite.

--yep. I'm thankful that they held onto their personal verdicts and didn't cave.

--during the PC, strolla said that Michael dunn was in "disbelief"-----he should have spun his head around, dunn Sr. was livid! if you ask me. as much as strolla praised himself, I would bet this very glass of Victory! chardonnay in my hand at this very moment, that strolla is kicked to the curb for the retrial.

I was thinking the same thing Ellejay - Daddy is livid at Strolla. Strolla was supposed to get Dunn off completely based on self-defense - he was supposed to walk just like George. And, the jury's questions really had me convinced that they were hung on the Murder 1 and were going to say self-defense on some or all of the Attempted Murder charges - so, I am sure Strolla was consulting with Dunn and family telling them the same thing during the deliberations - Dunn was laughing and smiling in some instances during the deliberations - he truly thought things were going his way. So I am sure Daddy Dunn is having a fit now and demanding his money back from Strolla.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Been watching and now digesting the implications of the verdict. I am content with the verdicts and even with the deadlock. I am confident that Angela, John and Erin have reevaluated their presentation of the facts and will hone them for the retrial.

There was some talk (by talking heads) of offering Dunn a deal, plead guilty to M2 and the sentences of the other 4 counts will be run concurrently. I just don't see why Dunn would do that. What does he have to lose. If he gets the 60-75 yrs, why plead to anything. He has nothing to lose by taking his chances with another jury.

It has also been said that Judge Healy is very stern in his sentencing. We can only hope.

But all in all, today was a good start in the quest for justice for ALL the boys.

Have you heard whether these convictions are to run concurrently? If concurrent, then he will only be in for 20 years or less, in which case, it is imperative that he be tried for the Murder 1 charge. If they are to run consecutively, he would be in for 60-75 years. And I don't know if Florida gives "good time" credits - which could cut his sentence substantially if he is a good boy in jail.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:39 pm

From Corey's press conference last night, it was readily apparent that she intended to retry the Murder 1 charge. I wonder whether they will change their strategy.

I agree Ellejay - they need to have Dunn on suicide watch at this point. A person with his type of arrogance boosted by the words of his attorney, he is in shock. I am sure when reality sinks in, he is the type that would figure there is nothing left to live for - and he will be thinking about having to live with "those animals" in prison.

I still can't get over the girlfriend just being nonexistent throughout the deliberations. Surely the jury noticed that too. Interviews over the next few days should be interesting.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:lol elle.....makes me glad hubby was sick of seeing the trial news and changed the channel

I didn't watch anything except for a smidgen of Corey's PC - then I fell asleep for the night. LOL I'm boycotting CNN and refuse to watch FOX. The only thing left is MSNBC and they were running non-current news at the time as I recall.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Cleos_mum wrote:

Corey didn't look much like she was in the mood to offer a plea deal. I think she wants him convicted of Murder 1. I hope she gets it, too.

I'm absolutely worn out and really enjoyed posting with everybody during the verdict watch. I'm so glad this trial is over and the next one won't be for a few months. I'm going to get some rest. See you good folks later.

Oh, but we have more coming up don't we? What about the young girl who was shot in the head when she knocked on a screen door to get help? Plus, I imagine the retrial will be set in a fairly short time span since there is no discovery to be done - I mean, all they need to do is set it for trial - right?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Cleos_mum wrote:
ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:Ellejay - what is the mandatory minimum for 2nd degree attempted murder?  Pretty Please??? Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 4152284982   If you gave it up thread - just say so, and I will find it - but I thought we only had the 1st degree attempted murder.

--i'll take her word for it:

Sunny Hostin ‏@SunnyHostin  · 39s  
“@sleepguy121606: @SunnyHostin how many yrs would he get just for the counts he was convicted on?” 60-75 years

Thanks for all your informative posts throughout this arduous verdict watch and verdict.  Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 845784626 

YES, Ellejay - thank you so very much for keeping us current with all of the facts and news - you are absolutely awesome!!!!  Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 2188410454 
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Good Morning all!! I want to add my kudos to Ellejay  Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 1376216197 Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 1376216197 

My understanding on the sentencing (from watching CNN, sorry CN) is 20 to 30 years for 2nd degree attempted murder and 15 years for the missiles. Run consecutively. so he could be in the pokey from 75 to 105 years.

twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by MorganMars Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:13 pm

I don't remember the mandatory minimum for 2nd degree, but I think it is 25 years.

In Florida, if the defendant is charged with 1st degree murder all lesser charges are included, so the jury has to start by considering 1st degree and if they don't accept that they then move down the list to consider 2nd degree, etc. These jurors couldn't even agree on manslaughter, so somebody wanted him to walk on self-defense.
MorganMars
MorganMars

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dunn faces 60 years for shooting at teens

--snip--

After almost 32 hours of deliberations over four days -- on the eve of what would have been Davis's 19th birthday -- a Duval County jury convicted Dunn on three counts of second-degree attempted murder Saturday night. Assistant State Attorney Erin Wolfson said each count carries a 20-year minimum mandatory sentence. These sentences must run consecutively, said Jackelyn Barnard, spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office.

Jurors also convicted Dunn, 47, of shooting or throwing a deadly missile. This felony is punishable by up to 15 years in prison, Wolfson said.

~~~
Dunn showed no emotion as the verdicts were read. But afterwards, he turned to his lawyer, Cory Strolla, and asked, "How is this happening?"

"Obviously, my client is devastated at the outcome. Never saw it coming one bit," Strolla said. "So it's hard. It's hard for the family. I know his family's devastated."

Circuit Judge Russell Healey ordered a pre-sentence investigation report, which takes about a month to prepare. Afterward, the attorneys will meet at 9 a.m. March 24 to schedule a sentencing date.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:30 pm

This is unrelated to Jordan's case - but since this is where we are at, I am posting it:

This is the translation of the interview the George is giving tonight to the Spanish community at7pm. I am disgusted that media is giving this sob airtime. He feeds on it. If they would cut him off and if everyone refused to even type his name in social media, maybe, just maybe, he would kill himself and that would make me happy.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Okay - so many are on Twitter saying that Jordan did not get justice and basically making comments that if I, as one of the jurors who refused to give in to the "self defense" theory, would be hurt by the way people are tweeting. We need to be praising those jurors who stood tall against bullying to vote for self-defense and held strong for a verdict or mistrial.

We need to be sending the message via Twitter, or whatever, to embolden those those who are not racist but are weak against bullies in the jury room that they need to stand strong - that the community by large will stand behind them in the end....not bad mouth them for causing a mistrial. Am I getting my point across? If that happens and we have more mistrials than "self-defense" results, we are winning - especially if retried and convicted. When that happens, and more racist murderers are sent to prison, these other racists will think twice before shooting our children.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasone Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:31 pm

OK, I have something to say to everyone who ever considered themselves a "Trayvon Warrior".

WE failed Jordan Davis, WE let Lucia McBath and Ron Davis down. We lost a battle with Trayvon's verdict, and instead of marching on and fighting for all of God's children to be treated equal not only by our justice system but by all people, we rolled over tucked our tails between our legs and went whimpering away. WE let Trayvon's killer beat us down. We lost one battle and handed the victory of the long war over to the racists. Is this what MLK would have done?

Where were we, NOT digging into Michael Dunn's character, not finding out information about Rhonda Rouer. We should have been fighting to get Rhonda charged with accomplish or accessory after the fact, or of hiding a fugitive.

Where are the video's of tribute for Jordan? How many threads were there for Trayvon? And just ONE for Jordan? Was Jordan's life less important than Trayvon's? Where was the support for Leland, Tommy and Tevin? Why didn't we reach out to them and Lucy and Ron in the same way we reached out to Sybrina, Tracy and Jahvaris? Why weren't we demanding access to discovery and pouring over every single speck of evidence? Where were WE? Licking our wounds and having a pity party? Giving the killer whose name shall never be spoken all the attention he seeks and does not deserve. WE cannot change the verdict in Trayvon's case....but WE can continue to fight in his name.

We must fight for NO MORE! NO MORE senseless killings of our children just because the color of their skin! NO MORE unequal justice for our children just because the color of their skin!

WE have a second chance to show that we are better than the Michael Dunn's and the killer of Trayvon Martin's of this world! Are we going to just continue to bitch and whine OR are we going to be the great WARRIOR's I know we can all be. I challenge all of us to be better, let's gather our fighting spirits and do everything we possibly can to get JUSTICE FOR JORDAN!
Wasone
Wasone

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Wasone wrote:OK, I have something to say to everyone who ever considered themselves a "Trayvon Warrior".  

WE failed Jordan Davis, WE let Lucia McBath and Ron Davis down.  We lost a battle with Trayvon's verdict, and instead of marching on and fighting for all of God's children to be treated equal not only by our justice system but by all people, we rolled over tucked our tails between our legs and went whimpering away.  WE let Trayvon's killer beat us down.  We lost one battle and handed the victory of the long war over to the racists.  Is this what MLK would have done?

Where were we, NOT digging into Michael Dunn's character, not finding out information about Rhonda Rouer.  We should have been fighting to get Rhonda charged with accomplish or accessory after the fact, or of hiding a fugitive.

Where are the video's of tribute for Jordan?  How many threads were there for Trayvon?  And just ONE for Jordan? Was Jordan's life less important than Trayvon's? Where was the support for Leland, Tommy and Tevin?  Why didn't we reach out to them and Lucy and Ron in the same way we reached out to Sybrina, Tracy and Jahvaris?  Why weren't we demanding access to discovery and pouring over every single speck of evidence?  Where were WE?  Licking our wounds and having a pity party?  Giving the killer whose name shall never be spoken all the attention he seeks and does not deserve.  WE cannot change the verdict in Trayvon's case....but WE can continue to fight in his name.  

We must fight for NO MORE!  NO MORE senseless killings of our children just because the color of their skin!  NO MORE unequal justice for our children just because the color of their skin!

WE have a second chance to show that we are better than the Michael Dunn's and the killer of Trayvon Martin's of this world!  Are we going to just continue to bitch and whine OR are we going to be the great WARRIOR's I know we can all be.  I challenge all of us to be better, let's gather our fighting spirits and do everything we possibly can to get JUSTICE FOR JORDAN!

I am just going fly with this off the top of my head and if it makes sense, great, if it doesn't ask me to explain, and I will.

I've explained this part before but for those who were here: What attracted me to the case was a comment I saw by a black person who was ranting about how racist all white people were - it offended me. I am not a racist, and for black people to rant about ALL white people was unfair so I responded to this man's rant. At the time, I will admit that I was totally 100% oblivious to the degree of racism in our country. So, I went back to the blog sight where I had blogged months before in the Casey Anthony case and started blogging there about the Zimmerman case.

It was the Cockroach Treehouse that enlightened me to the degree of racism, and then of course, that led to even more revelations of how terribly the African American people of our country were being treated. For most of my life I have lived in a small quiet community where discrimination did not appear to be an issue. While I voted, I was not politically involved. I truly believed that we were a post racial nation. I was flabbergasted to see learn what a bubble I had been living in. I had no idea that black men were required to keep their hands on the steering wheel when pulled over by a police officer - I would be mortified if that were expected of me. I had no idea that black men could not walk down the street at night, or even during the day, without being stopped and questioned as to what they were doing. I had absolutely no idea that there were groups of people with blogs that did nothing but trash our African Americans. Call me naïve.

Once I did realize the degree of discrimination that was going on in our country, while championing justice for Trayvon, I spoke - and I spoke loud - at least to the degree I could from my laptop. It caused me, and others, to be ridiculed at the blog that we were at, so this is when CB and I opened CrimeWatchers. Because CrimeWatchers was not very active, I also took up blogging at JusticeQuest....jump forward.

I will be the first one to agree that I tucked my tail and licked my wounds following the GZ verdict. I was devastated over it to such an extent that I abandoned all of my blogging friends, leaving them to sort it out by themselves. I abandoned the entire Crime Watchers forum, didn't even bother to sign in. I've lost friends because of that and while I didn't not mean to offend anyone, I obviously did. But, at the same time, I was having to deal with my own medical condition, surgeries and being bedridden. Basically, my support is limited to what can be done in front of a computer screen. I did not stop doing my part to see if we could get the DOJ to prosecute the murderer to the extent physically and mentally able - I did keep doing that but in such a way that I did not have to converse with anyone over what had gone wrong with the trial. Because, honestly, I did not care whose fault it was that the verdict was such that it was - I was only interested in seeing that he be held accountable for it. In the end, all I have left is to await karma for the murderer and refuse to speak or type his name on social media. That is my way of fighting back against the murderer - to try and get his name erased from social media and MSM, if possible.

When I first became aware of the Dunn case, Trayvon's case was still active - I contacted Mr. Phillips and asked that he let me know if there was anything I could do - offered CrimeWatchers up as a place to gather, etc. He responded "thank you" and that is all I heard. You see? Phillips wasn't into making this case a high profile case such as what Trayvon's case had become and I respect that. And I don't think Strolla knew how to take advantage of the case to boost his career - or perhaps he too did not want the case to become high profile - I don 't know.

I ONLY came back to blogging when the Dunn trial started in hopes that it would restore my belief in society and our judicial system to some degree. Because we received some form of justice, it did restore my faith somewhat - but it did not restore my faith that we will ever get past racism. We all know that somewhere within that jury room there was one or more racist who thinks just like Dunn - that he had the right to shoot and murder Jordan for having a big mouth and disrespecting him simply because he was a black kid.

Part of fighting back is emboldening people who are not racists that they must stand up against racism. How we do that is praising those who have actually stood up to it, and encouraging others to do so. Voting is another way. There are so many aspects of what is "wrong" with our society and justice system, that I could spend days just addressing each point. I generally stand up for the prosecution's actions even when the case goes belly up on them because they cannot be held accountable for what is in the minds of the juror. Could they have done more, yes, but would that have changed the mind of the juror who was hell bent on seeing the murderer walk or at least cause a mistrial? Just like people are attacking the prosecutors at this very moment for the Dunn trial results. Really? We did not see what the motions in limine were - so we have no idea what evidence was withheld because the Judge refused to allow it. At least they intend on retrying the Murder 1 count. They don't have to, but they are going to.

So, yeah, I agree there is a lot more that many of may have been able to do - and I wholeheartedly agree with you that there is much to be done and if we want it to change, we have to do more than sit behind a computer screen and whine about it. Unfortunately, at this point in my life, I am just not physically able to do that. I am certainly open to preventing discrimination and racism in any way possible to the extent that I am able to do so. What do you have in mind?

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasone Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:40 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
Wasone wrote:OK, I have something to say to everyone who ever considered themselves a "Trayvon Warrior".  

WE failed Jordan Davis, WE let Lucia McBath and Ron Davis down.  We lost a battle with Trayvon's verdict, and instead of marching on and fighting for all of God's children to be treated equal not only by our justice system but by all people, we rolled over tucked our tails between our legs and went whimpering away.  WE let Trayvon's killer beat us down.  We lost one battle and handed the victory of the long war over to the racists.  Is this what MLK would have done?

Where were we, NOT digging into Michael Dunn's character, not finding out information about Rhonda Rouer.  We should have been fighting to get Rhonda charged with accomplish or accessory after the fact, or of hiding a fugitive.

Where are the video's of tribute for Jordan?  How many threads were there for Trayvon?  And just ONE for Jordan? Was Jordan's life less important than Trayvon's? Where was the support for Leland, Tommy and Tevin?  Why didn't we reach out to them and Lucy and Ron in the same way we reached out to Sybrina, Tracy and Jahvaris?  Why weren't we demanding access to discovery and pouring over every single speck of evidence?  Where were WE?  Licking our wounds and having a pity party?  Giving the killer whose name shall never be spoken all the attention he seeks and does not deserve.  WE cannot change the verdict in Trayvon's case....but WE can continue to fight in his name.  

We must fight for NO MORE!  NO MORE senseless killings of our children just because the color of their skin!  NO MORE unequal justice for our children just because the color of their skin!

WE have a second chance to show that we are better than the Michael Dunn's and the killer of Trayvon Martin's of this world!  Are we going to just continue to bitch and whine OR are we going to be the great WARRIOR's I know we can all be.  I challenge all of us to be better, let's gather our fighting spirits and do everything we possibly can to get JUSTICE FOR JORDAN!

I am just going fly with this off the top of my head and if it makes sense, great, if it doesn't ask me to explain, and I will.

I've explained this part before but for those who were here:  What attracted me to the case was a comment I saw by a black person who was ranting about how racist all white people were - it offended me.  I am not a racist, and for black people to rant about ALL white people was unfair so I responded to this man's rant.  At the time, I will admit that I was totally 100% oblivious to the degree of racism in our country.  So, I went back to the blog sight where I had blogged months before in the Casey Anthony case and started blogging there about the Zimmerman case.

It was the Cockroach Treehouse that enlightened me to the degree of racism, and then of course, that led to even more revelations of how terribly the African American people of our country were being treated.  For most of my life I have lived in a small quiet community where discrimination did not appear to be an issue. While I voted, I was not politically involved. I truly believed that we were a post racial nation. I was flabbergasted to see learn what a bubble I had been living in.  I had no idea that black men were required to keep their hands on the steering wheel when pulled over by a police officer - I would be mortified if that were expected of me.  I had no idea that black men could not walk down the street at night, or even during the day, without being stopped and questioned as to what they were doing.  I had absolutely no idea that there were groups of people with blogs that did nothing but trash our African Americans.  Call me naïve.

Once I did realize the degree of discrimination that was going on in our country, while championing justice for Trayvon, I spoke - and I spoke loud - at least to the degree I could from my laptop.  It caused me, and others, to be ridiculed at the blog that we were at, so this is when CB and I opened CrimeWatchers.  Because CrimeWatchers was not very active, I also took up blogging at JusticeQuest....jump forward.  

I will be the first one to agree that I tucked my tail and licked my wounds following the GZ verdict.  I was devastated over it to such an extent that I abandoned all of my blogging friends, leaving them to sort it out by themselves. I abandoned the entire Crime Watchers forum, didn't even bother to sign in.  I've lost friends because of that and while I didn't not mean to offend anyone, I obviously did.  But, at the same time, I was having to deal with my own medical condition, surgeries and being bedridden.  Basically, my support is limited to what can be done in front of a computer screen. I did not stop doing my part to see if we could get the DOJ to prosecute the murderer to the extent physically and mentally able - I did keep doing that but in such a way that I did not have to converse with anyone over what had gone wrong with the trial.  Because, honestly, I did not care whose fault it was that the verdict was such that it was - I was only interested in seeing that he be held accountable for it.  In the end, all I have left is to await karma for the murderer and refuse to speak or type his name on social media.  That is my way of fighting back against the murderer - to try and get his name erased from social media and MSM, if possible.

When I first became aware of the Dunn case, Trayvon's case was still active - I contacted Mr. Phillips and asked that he let me know if there was anything I could do - offered CrimeWatchers up as a place to gather, etc.  He responded "thank you" and that is all I heard.  You see?  Phillips wasn't into making this case a high profile case such as what Trayvon's case had become and I respect that.  And I don't think Strolla knew how to take advantage of the case to boost his career - or perhaps he too did not want the case to become high profile - I don 't know.  

I ONLY came back to blogging when the Dunn trial started in hopes that it would restore my belief in society and our judicial system to some degree.  Because we received some form of justice, it did restore my faith somewhat - but it did not restore my faith that we will ever get past racism.  We all know that somewhere within that jury room there was one or more racist who thinks just like Dunn - that he had the right to shoot and murder Jordan for having a big mouth and disrespecting him simply because he was a black kid.  

Part of fighting back is emboldening people who are not racists that they must stand up against racism.  How we do that is praising those who have actually stood up to it, and encouraging others to do so.  Voting is another way.  There are so many aspects of what is "wrong" with our society and justice system, that I could spend days just addressing each point.  I generally stand up for the prosecution's actions even when the case goes belly up on them because they cannot be held accountable for what is in the minds of the juror.  Could they have done more, yes, but would that have changed the mind of the juror who was hell bent on seeing the murderer walk or at least cause a mistrial?  Just like people are attacking the prosecutors at this very moment for the Dunn trial results.  Really?  We did not see what the motions in limine were - so we have no idea what evidence was withheld because the Judge refused to allow it.  At least they intend on retrying the Murder 1 count.  They don't have to, but they are going to.

So, yeah, I agree there is a lot more that many of may have been able to do - and I wholeheartedly agree with you that there is much to be done and if we want it to change, we have to do more than sit behind a computer screen and whine about it.  Unfortunately, at this point in my life, I am just not physically able to do that.  I am certainly open to preventing discrimination and racism in any way possible to the extent that I am able to do so. What do you have in mind?

Sitting behind a computer screen is GREAT, it is what some of us do best and we can make our voices heard over the internet LOUDLY and CLEARLY.

What do I want? I want us to be as active for Jordan as we were for Trayvon, each and every one of us in our on special unique way. I want us all to give Lucy McBath and Ron Davis as much love and support as we gave Sybrina and Tracy.

I too seriously failed Jordan. I live so close to Jacksonville, in Ponte Vedra Beach, and before the Trayvon verdict I did go the the one march that Ron Davis and John Phillips organized at Jacksonville Beach. Then after the Trayvon verdict I was heart broken and let my spirit be beat down. Instead I should have been writing letters to the prosecutor and judge and news stations just as I did for Trayvon, demanding access to discovery. I know that as a group we here and at Justice Quest found things in the evidence that the prosecutors had seemingly overlooked. I would email the prosecutors all the time and I know others did too.

Thank the good lord above we have that second chance with Jordan's case, let's start those emails demanding discovery be released, let's comb through every shred of evidence, let's put our collective great minds together and see if we can help get Justice for Jordan!
Wasone
Wasone

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:29 pm

Awesome Wasone. I hope you and anyone else who happens upon this board will provide me with links of people to write, ideas of items that need to be addressed - I will try to find out as much as I can by going over the evidence again and bringing up points that I see that were not addressed at the trial that I think should be. Lets get on it and make a difference. Thanks for your pep talk Wasone. I needed it.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:01 pm

I really feel the pros should expose his racist attitude and his violent behavior. I know this will probably only happens if he again parades his parents friends out but I really think people need to know about this.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasone Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:33 pm

twee wrote:I really feel the pros should expose his racist attitude and his violent behavior.  I know this will probably only happens if he again parades his parents friends out but I really think people need to know about this.

I think this prosecution team really fails at rebuttal, they did in both cases. Doors were shoved wide open in both cases to be able to bring in witnesses to the killers real character, and both times the prisecution let those doors silently close.
Wasone
Wasone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasone Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Awesome Wasone.  I hope you and anyone else who happens upon this board will provide me with links of people to write, ideas of items that need to be addressed - I will try to find out as much as I can by going over the evidence again and bringing up points that I see that were not addressed at the trial that I think should be.  Lets get on it and make a difference.  Thanks for your pep talk Wasone.  I needed it.

Here is the email for the States Attorneys office

Lucy McBath's Twitter @lucymcbath (show her some Love and support)

Ron Davis' Twitter @monvie4u (do the same for him)

Their lawyer John Phillips Twitter @johnphillips, website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he'll just have to get used to our advocacy, push him to get the discovery for us.

Wasone
Wasone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasone Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:48 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Awesome Wasone.  I hope you and anyone else who happens upon this board will provide me with links of people to write, ideas of items that need to be addressed - I will try to find out as much as I can by going over the evidence again and bringing up points that I see that were not addressed at the trial that I think should be.  Lets get on it and make a difference.  Thanks for your pep talk Wasone.  I needed it.

I needed the pep talk also, my first grandchild will be born within the next month, a grandson. I was working on an afghan for him last night and all I could think was do I want him living in a world where he is deemed more important than Jordan or Trayvon just because of the color of the skin he is born with. Grandma needs to work hard to make this a nation he will be proud of!
Wasone
Wasone

Back to top Go down

Post by MorganMars Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Wasone wrote:

Their lawyer John Phillips Twitter @johnphillips, website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he'll just have to get used to our advocacy, push him to get the discovery for us.

Might I suggest that pushing the media is more likely to get results than pushing John Phillips. The media files suits to obtain the discovery. I don't think John Phillips is in a position to do that.
MorganMars
MorganMars

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Wasone wrote:

I needed the pep talk also, my first grandchild will be born within the next month, a grandson.  I was working on an afghan for him last night and all I could think was do I want him living in a world where he is deemed more important than Jordan or Trayvon just because of the color of the skin he is born with.  Grandma needs to work hard to make this a nation he will be proud of!

It is wonderful that you are thinking about the future world your grandchild will live in and realizing that some people still consider our worth based on the color of our skin color. That is very moving to me - if only everybody would give this some thought. Throughout my life, I have given no thought about racism - I was never exposed to it, so it never entered my mind until Zimmerman. Oh, when young, I visited my grandparents who resided in Oakland California and during the Hughy Newton era and rioting, I was exposed to the Black Panthers rioting and was actually beat up a couple times by some black kids - but that was a summer outing to grandma and grandpa's and I eventually went back home to where those problems were not affecting our town. The remainder of my life I was not exposed to any type of racism - not until the Zimmerman trial. Now, my grandparents that lived in Oakland were very very racist - my grandma, who did not drive, used to carry a claw hammer when she walked to the market because she was afraid of black people. I am so glad that I did not grow up living around my grandparents because racism is a learned standard. My parents were not like that, or if they were, I was never exposed to it.

Anyway, I decided during the Zimmerman trial that when I retired - which is right around the corner -I would donate my spare time as a paralegal to a civil rights group. I still intend on pursuing this provided my health will allow it. Thing is - the West Coast doesn't seem to have the type of racial inequalities that the South does. So, I don't know that my time will be that effective in helping those who really need it.

I received this on my twitter feed: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Wasone wrote:

Thanks Wasone - I will put these to good use.  Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 35 4152284982 
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next