CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
From what I just heard from Mike B. The judge was clarifying some juror instructions. #JodiArias
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--live--judge explaining instruction to jury
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 3:11 pm

We will get a one-hour notice once a verdict is reached so families can get to the courthouse. There will be no court on Friday and Monday, should there be no verdict this week. #jodiarias
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed May 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:This is not going to be popular.....but.....

HLN is talking about how many times Jodi said "I and me" during her allocution.

That was the point of her allocution! She was there to attempt to humanize herself. She had to talk about herself, that was her job. She had to say whatever she could to sway the jury. She had to let them know that she is more than a "one dimensional character"

Now, having said that, She could have showed remorse, apologized to the Alexander's and begged for her life. She still could have talked about herself and her goals, but to totally ignore Travis's family was just evil.

I guess my point is this.....why are we (that is a global we) so concerned that she talked only about herself? That is exacrly what she was supposed to do.

I remember her saying that she didn't look at Travis' family due to her own reasons that she wont get into. Meanwhile it was already said that Jodi didn't want to look at Travis' family because they looked too much like Travis and they would remind her of his abuse.

Jodi will never stop, she may be getting a few fan letters from some nuts out there that is giving her a big head, but on the whole she has to know how much she is hated.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan

IMPORTANT update... #JodiArias jury DID NOT ask about "LIFE" ... Judge read an instruction which was not yet read to Jury about Life
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 pm

ellejay wrote:Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
From what I just heard from Mike B. The judge was clarifying some juror instructions. #JodiArias

Yes, I think it was due to JW stating that Jodi will remain in prison for the rest of her life if given life. Maybe the prosecutor thought that was misleading the jury and wanted it clarified. I don't think it was a jury question.

I actually think that JW was deliberately misleading the jury when she made that statement.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
ellejay wrote:Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m

Yes, I think it was due to JW stating that Jodi will remain in prison for the rest of her life if given life. Maybe the prosecutor thought that was misleading the jury and wanted it clarified. I don't think it was a jury question.

I actually think that JW was deliberately misleading the jury when she made that statement.

I think the Judge inadvertently forgot to inform them. The judge called the jury to read it to them...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Disecting the lies from her allocution...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 3:51 pm

--live---not sure what's going on.

--oh, jury Q, they're coming in now.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 3:55 pm

--judge---I have your note where you say you are unable to reach a unanimous verdict

--Jodi looks pleased, travis' sisters crying

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial
Judge Stephens is offering up some advice on how they can come to a unanimous decision. #JodiArias

Judge is dismissing the jury to continue their deliberations. #JodiArias
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 22, 2013 3:57 pm

ellejay wrote:--judge---I have your note where you say you are unable to reach a unanimous verdict

--Jodi looks pleased, travis' sisters crying

Too soon, They need to understand Jodi can't be rehabilitated..

Jodi did look pleased..bitch..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy123 Wed May 22, 2013 3:59 pm

i'm watching her latest interview. despite the fact that there's a strong possibility she may be sentenced to death and she's still worried about her hair and makeup? god she's pathetic

lucy123

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm

I certainly hope a juror who does not believe in the death penalty has misrepresented him/herself in order to purposely hang up a jury on the death penalty issue.... I know that is cynical.

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed May 22, 2013 4:14 pm

It disgusts me that Jodi is all smiles and looking around. She's all but getting up and dancing.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 4:24 pm

jury is having lunch, in the deliberation room
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 4:25 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:It disgusts me that Jodi is all smiles and looking around. She's all but getting up and dancing.

--no kidding.

--looks like she's going to hang onto the media makeup until it finally wears off...

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed May 22, 2013 5:06 pm

THis is not to be believed. I wonder if it's more than one juror holding out. There is no way this case doesn't deserve the DS.

Jodi can smile all she wants, she still will never be a free woman again no matter what the outcome.

I just hope that if it does come down to that, that Martinez will only go as far as LWOP, otherwise she may just get out in less than 20 years (that would be a travesty of justice for sure).

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:THis is not to be believed. I wonder if it's more than one juror holding out. There is no way this case doesn't deserve the DS.

Jodi can smile all she wants, she still will never be a free woman again no matter what the outcome.

I just hope that if it does come down to that, that Martinez will only go as far as LWOP, otherwise she may just get out in less than 20 years (that would be a travesty of justice for sure).

--if juan takes away the DP, the jury is done. it will then be up to judgeS to sentence her to LWOP, or life, w/ the possibility of parole after 25 years.

--I doubt the alexander family would agree to having the DP removed.

--the jury still has 3 hours left to deliberate today, I hope they can come to a unanimous decision. if not, we're in recess until Tuesday!
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed May 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Ya know, we've all taken a stand on where we are on this case after following the trial just as the jurors have. Could someone sway your way of thinking what the sentence should be at this point? Most likely not - but maybe.

Having said that, I truly am beginning to believe that there is at least one juror has purposely misrepresented to the attorneys and the court their position on the death penalty for the sole purpose of hanging the jury in the event it reached this point.

Some people have very strong feelings against the death penalty - I mean they spend their lives trying to take the death penalty off the books in a court of law - and their attitude is that until they can accomplish that, if they are called for jury duty on a death penalty case, they will do whatever they can to prevent it from being imposed.

My heart pours out to the victim's family - looking at Steven he has that look like, "I can't take much more of this." Almost like he is near a nervous breakdown or suicide...really, his eyes have that look. My prayers go out to him and his sisters that this jury will do the right thing and not drag this case out.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I certainly hope a juror who does not believe in the death penalty has misrepresented him/herself in order to purposely hang up a jury on the death penalty issue.... I know that is cynical.

You aren't alone in feeling this way. I cannot/will not go through another freaking trial! I am really trying to hope for the best and that the jurors will decide and do it soon.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed May 22, 2013 5:56 pm

ellejay wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:THis is not to be believed. I wonder if it's more than one juror holding out. There is no way this case doesn't deserve the DS.

--if juan takes away the DP, the jury is done. it will then be up to judgeS to sentence her to LWOP, or life, w/ the possibility of parole after 25 years.

--I doubt the alexander family would agree to having the DP removed.

--the jury still has 3 hours left to deliberate today, I hope they can come to a unanimous decision. if not, we're in recess until Tuesday!

I wonder if its one hold out or more. These jurors knew that this was a death penalty case, they found her guilty of first degree and then found the murder to have been cruel, I really don't understand this part of it. Why would any juror hold out now? It just doesn't make sense. They did their job perfectly all through this trial, what possible reason would anyone of them have to hold out now?

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed May 22, 2013 6:01 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Ya know, we've all taken a stand on where we are on this case after following the trial just as the jurors have. Could someone sway your way of thinking what the sentence should be at this point? Most likely not - but maybe.

Having said that, I truly am beginning to believe that there is at least one juror has purposely misrepresented to the attorneys and the court their position on the death penalty for the sole purpose of hanging the jury in the event it reached this point.

Some people have very strong feelings against the death penalty - I mean they spend their lives trying to take the death penalty off the books in a court of law - and their attitude is that until they can accomplish that, if they are called for jury duty on a death penalty case, they will do whatever they can to prevent it from being imposed.

My heart pours out to the victim's family - looking at Steven he has that look like, "I can't take much more of this." Almost like he is near a nervous breakdown or suicide...really, his eyes have that look. My prayers go out to him and his sisters that this jury will do the right thing and not drag this case out.

This case has taken a toll on everyone. Travis' family must be livid, I know I would be. Of course Jodi has the smirk again. But in the end she will get hers. I refuse to sit thru all this again. I don't think I can stand listening to Nurmi, Walmott or Jodi again. Not only that, but Travis' poor family have to get back to their lives, I can only imagine what this is costing them work wise and family wise. This is horrible.

If one juror deliberately did this then somethinmg needs to be done to stop this from happening again.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gizmo711 Wed May 22, 2013 6:04 pm

I would think that a juror would have to explain why they don't want to impose the DP, they did say that they would be able to. They certainly cannot say that they have second thoughts about guilt, she has already been convicted.

I really don't understand what the hold up can be or be justified in that jour/juror's mind.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Wed May 22, 2013 6:07 pm

I am so anxious...here is an article that calmed me down a bit:

Juan put this woman way on Death Row...Wendy Ariano...jury took 4 days to come back with the DP. Reassured me somewhat. The jurors point of view on how they came to that decision.

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next