CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Gizmo711 Wed May 22, 2013 10:55 am

Sea Ray wrote:Since when are inmates allowed to give 6 hrs worth of interviews? I thought they were relegated to their cell for 23 hrs a day?

Once she is sent to DR she will not be able to have any interviews. But until then she can have as many as she wants. This should not be allowed seeing as she had already been convicted. But it's only if she is sent to DR that they all will stop within 2 hours.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 am

CherokeeNative wrote:
LiveLaughLove wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one comment following this article, is so true:

"Notice how many times Jodi most likely lied in her final words to the jury. I don't buy that she donated her hair, I don't believe she intends to give one penny to DV and her Mother did not visit her in jail after the verdict. She gave her Fox interview and then was put on suicide watch. HLN spoke to her Mom who told them she was not able to see Jodi that day. Son once again, nothing but lies."

I heard on HLN yesterday that the website for Jodi states that a "portion" of the proceeds from the sale of the T-shirts will go to victims of DV - not 100% as stated by Jodi to the jury. So, basically, this woman can't help but lie...

I don't buy the tee shirt thing. First of all who's making them and if it's not for free who's paying the t-shirt company? Who would buy a survivor t shirt made by Jodi anyway?

A recycling program? That can be implemented in a day or so. She can easily do that while waiting for her injection.

She wants to be a teacher? Did she even graduate high school? I thought she dropped out when she moved in with that boyfriend.

Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
Sea Ray wrote:Since when are inmates allowed to give 6 hrs worth of interviews? I thought they were relegated to their cell for 23 hrs a day?

Once she is sent to DR she will not be able to have any interviews. But until then she can have as many as she wants. This should not be allowed seeing as she had already been convicted. But it's only if she is sent to DR that they all will stop within 2 hours.

Sure but why waive the 23 hrs thing? I'd allow her to give interviews but not up until midnight like she supposedly did last night.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Wed May 22, 2013 11:20 am

Gizmo711 wrote:I don't know how the defense team continued on in her behalf. She did everything in her power to do things her way. How can Wollmott dare to say that Jodi has "low self esteem", Jodi adores herself more than anyone I ever met. She puts herself on a pedistal. I don't think that Jodi could think any higher of herself.

Isn't that the truth.

I have met a lot of egotistical, self-absorbed, narcissists - unfortunately - but somehow, even they have moments of insecurity. Not this piece of ... hmmm .. don't want to give poop a bad name.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Wed May 22, 2013 11:29 am

Sea Ray wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:
LiveLaughLove wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one comment following this article, is so true:

"Notice how many times Jodi most likely lied in her final words to the jury. I don't buy that she donated her hair, I don't believe she intends to give one penny to DV and her Mother did not visit her in jail after the verdict. She gave her Fox interview and then was put on suicide watch. HLN spoke to her Mom who told them she was not able to see Jodi that day. Son once again, nothing but lies."

I heard on HLN yesterday that the website for Jodi states that a "portion" of the proceeds from the sale of the T-shirts will go to victims of DV - not 100% as stated by Jodi to the jury. So, basically, this woman can't help but lie...

I don't buy the tee shirt thing. First of all who's making them and if it's not for free who's paying the t-shirt company? Who would buy a survivor t shirt made by Jodi anyway?

A recycling program? That can be implemented in a day or so. She can easily do that while waiting for her injection.

She wants to be a teacher? Did she even graduate high school? I thought she dropped out when she moved in with that boyfriend.

re: tshirt .. don't know if she is using this site or not but they provide product, you do the "design", and they take their share for each item sold.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

no outlay - no storage charges - they ship direct per order - no ebay charges or etsy fees ...

the warden isn't going to approve her "recycling" program, her teaching program, her hair donations, her "book" club ... her being in an open pod. The article is back on pg 16, I think ... link ... and it's amazing.

Watched Dr. Drew last night and Juror #8 made an inciteful comment about the recycling program: he wants to see her business plan, please.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 am

Nan11 wrote:
zesmi wrote: Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 845784626

I need a hug...I am leveled by the turn of events...sherry lifting the ban...hodi taking full advantage and spending the night giving interviews...I feel betrayed by sherry...

Can it be possible that the jury won't give her death? Can it be possible that one of them will take pity on her? Please...can someone reassure me?
Hi, Zesmi! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 1089331458

Those interviews from last night may come back to haunt her during her appeals, or at least that is what I am hoping.

I'm thinking that even life without the eligibility of parole will also be good.

I'm praying that the jury doesn't hang. Imagine how many interviews she could do while waiting for a new jury to be selected. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 1112333598

Please don't make my mind go there! I beg you...my sanity is hanging on by a thread...I hope it does bit her in her used up tush...HARD! In the interim...the Alexander's are hurting... I want to hurt her! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 535955947

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Wed May 22, 2013 11:41 am

LiveLaughLove wrote:
zesmi wrote: Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 845784626

I need a hug...I am leveled by the turn of events...sherry lifting the ban...hodi taking full advantage and spending the night giving interviews...I feel betrayed by sherry...

Can it be possible that the jury won't give her death? Can it be possible that one of them will take pity on her? Please...can someone reassure me?

What? She did another interview? Why would the ban be lifted?

Trying to digest her allocution...

She more or less asked the jurors to keep her alive, not for me but for my family.

She didn't show enough remorse nor did she take enough responbility for her actions..

Ironic is the survivor Tshirt..nothing but a bunch of letters slapped on a shirt. Nothing elaborate but to hold this up against her "SURVIVOR" while Travis is dead, 6 feet under was truly in bad taste..even worse than that is telling the jury who discounted your allegations of DV to tell them, I don't care if no one believes me but I was abused. Slap in the face. Willmott also seizing on that with, even if you don't believe there was physical abuse WE KNOW there was verbal abuse..Well, if your client would have taken the hint she wasn't wanted, there'd be no verbal abuse. Frustration does that to ya'...She doesn't accept rejection well..

Then when she said, Samantha said Travis was the glue that held the family together. Another correction from Jodi....Travis told me one time that their grandmother was the glue that held the family together..how awful she felt for adding to her demise..Wonder if Jodi thought that when she sent the 18 iris' to her or that 18 page letter. (why the #18) is there any significance to that number??

Jodi didn't beg for mercy or to be forgiven, in fact she said to keep her alive for her family. Did she afford the same to Travis? Of course not..

I don't believe this did it for Jodi. She will continue to trash Travis and his family until the day she dies.

I believe this jury just might sentence her to death. I don't see any redeeming qualities.

Ok Louise, she did interviews all night long! All of the networks except HLN and CNN. Here they go.

Sherry lifted the ban, when the DT asked her to. Whatever to Sherry! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 3638074730

I have not watched them. Heard a clip on ABC because I have it on livestream on my desk at work. I did hear him ask 'will we ever know the truth about what happened in that bathroom?'...she tilted her head, snapped it back a bit and said 'i did tell the truth...i didn't know you were a hater' OMG Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 2070188656

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Wed May 22, 2013 11:46 am

Not sure if you watched this...

her life on death row Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 3632775777 << would rather her be here though Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 2740484618

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Wed May 22, 2013 11:47 am

abc clip...with her 'hater' comment Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 778810564

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Wed May 22, 2013 11:53 am

This is a good read:

wait...who is shady? juan or jodi?

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 am

If given life, Jodi's custody level will be high for the first few years in prison during which time she will have to prove herself reliable and trustworthy to the CCOs. I don't know about AZ prisons, but our prisons for women appear to be a tad more lenient than institutions housing men. Nevertheless, they all go by the same custody rules. They will do a complete mental and physical workup on Jodi to determine what facility to place her in and how she will program - meaning she will be assigned to a specific job within the institution and various classes that she needs to take. Since she will be most likely LWOP, she will be the last in line to be considered for most self-improvement classes, since those courses are meant to rehabilitate in anticipation of eventually being released back into society. And, if AZ is having the same budget problems as many other states, many of the programs that were available to inmates are no longer offered. Basically, the b.s. she was trying to feed the jurors yesterday about what her life would be worth in prison is just that, b.s., at least for the first 10 years of her incarceration.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Wed May 22, 2013 12:04 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:If given life, Jodi's custody level will be high for the first few years in prison during which time she will have to prove herself reliable and trustworthy to the CCOs. I don't know about AZ prisons, but our prisons for women appear to be a tad more lenient than institutions housing men. Nevertheless, they all go by the same custody rules. They will do a complete mental and physical workup on Jodi to determine what facility to place her in and how she will program - meaning she will be assigned to a specific job within the institution and various classes that she needs to take. Since she will be most likely LWOP, she will be the last in line to be considered for most self-improvement classes, since those courses are meant to rehabilitate in anticipation of eventually being released back into society. And, if AZ is having the same budget problems as many other states, many of the programs that were available to inmates are no longer offered. Basically, the b.s. she was trying to feed the jurors yesterday about what her life would be worth in prison is just that, b.s., at least for the first 10 years of her incarceration.

Self improvement? Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 22155654 She has no use for that: she is perfect ...just ask her, she will tell you she is the bomb! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 1014672227 In her delusional mind, she needs to improve the other inmates...I hope a mean bitch shanks her quick...they are not putting up with her holier-than-thou attitude that's for sure.

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 22, 2013 12:32 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:If given life, Jodi's custody level will be high for the first few years in prison during which time she will have to prove herself reliable and trustworthy to the CCOs. I don't know about AZ prisons, but our prisons for women appear to be a tad more lenient than institutions housing men. Nevertheless, they all go by the same custody rules. They will do a complete mental and physical workup on Jodi to determine what facility to place her in and how she will program - meaning she will be assigned to a specific job within the institution and various classes that she needs to take. Since she will be most likely LWOP, she will be the last in line to be considered for most self-improvement classes, since those courses are meant to rehabilitate in anticipation of eventually being released back into society. And, if AZ is having the same budget problems as many other states, many of the programs that were available to inmates are no longer offered. Basically, the b.s. she was trying to feed the jurors yesterday about what her life would be worth in prison is just that, b.s., at least for the first 10 years of her incarceration.

zesmi wrote:

Self improvement? Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 22155654 She has no use for that: she is perfect ...just ask her, she will tell you she is the bomb! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 18 1014672227 In her delusional mind, she needs to improve the other inmates...I hope a mean bitch shanks her quick...they are not putting up with her holier-than-thou attitude that's for sure.

After her allocution which was a slap in the face to the jurors who hold her life or death in her hands, she deserves to die...

She will only flourish in general population, interviews a hopping, trashing Travis and his family. At least on DR, she's isolated and has to live with her. Here she might do 12 years and get her death sentence overturned to natural life.

If they give her life, in 25 years she comes up for parole..no, not good enough for the slaughter, re slaughter and torture to Travis and his family..

She never said I'M SORRY...nor did she beg for mercy the same mercy she didn't afford to Travis...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 pm

zesmi wrote:This is a good read:

wait...who is shady? juan or jodi?

Dr. Glass puts in perspective exactly the way I am thinking the reason why Jodi must be given the death penalty, aside from the fact that she slaughtered Travis, when she states:

"The reality is also that Jodi will be giving a lot of interviews behind bars which will keep her busy throughout the years and feeding into her ego. She will also be writing or co-writing books, selling her artwork and spending her time drawing and coloring (which she loves doing). She may even make some prison friends by drawing portraits of them. Jodi will always have cash in her commissary account as she will always make money.

Travis on the other hand will have none of these things.The photo of him naked and vulnerable in the shower haunts me as I am sure it will haunt many of the jurors.

By Jodi sharing what she CAN do while she is still alive, it magnifies what Travis CAN’T do now that he is dead."

While I know that AZ has the son of sam law preventing her from profiting from anything regarding the murder, if she is given life, she will still manage to get word out to society be it through friends or family. That, in and of itself, is completely unacceptable to me because of Travis' family. This case should end now - with a death verdict - so that they can pick of the pieces and carry on with their lives without this over their heads. While there will be years of appeals that follow with such a verdict, her ability to have a voice to the outside world would be cut off - as it should be.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Jodi Arias: Death penalty would be 'revenge,' not justice
As an Arizona jury resumes deliberating on Wednesday about whether she deserves the death penalty for the murder of her ex-boyfriend, Jodi Arias is now begging for her life after initially saying she preferred to die.

“What I receive will be what I deserve, I believe,’’ she told NBC’s Diana Alvear only hours after she begged the jury to spare her life on Tuesday.

Earlier this month, she was convicted of the brutal murder of ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. In the immediate aftermath of the trial, she told a local radio station: "I said years ago that I'd rather get death than life, and that is still true today."

But in her interview with Alvear, which aired on TODAY Wednesday, Arias said she deserves life in prison instead of the death penalty because she still has a lot to contribute to society. She also said she feels betrayed by the jury’s verdict, which her attorneys plan to appeal.

I see she's changed her mind..

I believe she found out the Alexander family wants her to get death, so of course she does the opposite...no redeeming qualities at all...I know I sound like a broken record..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Febbie Wed May 22, 2013 1:13 pm

The statements Jodi made in court yesterday were all about herself, nothing I heard showed remorse. A person who 'overkill' is a danger to our society. If she did this to Travis who would be her next victim...
Febbie
Febbie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 22, 2013 1:39 pm

This is not going to be popular.....but.....

HLN is talking about how many times Jodi said "I and me" during her allocution.

That was the point of her allocution! She was there to attempt to humanize herself. She had to talk about herself, that was her job. She had to say whatever she could to sway the jury. She had to let them know that she is more than a "one dimensional character"

Now, having said that, She could have showed remorse, apologized to the Alexander's and begged for her life. She still could have talked about herself and her goals, but to totally ignore Travis's family was just evil.

I guess my point is this.....why are we (that is a global we) so concerned that she talked only about herself? That is exacrly what she was supposed to do.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Wed May 22, 2013 1:39 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:Jodi Arias: Death penalty would be 'revenge,' not justice

[snip]
But in her interview with Alvear, which aired on TODAY Wednesday, Arias said she deserves life in prison instead of the death penalty because she still has a lot to contribute to society. She also said she feels betrayed by the jury’s verdict, which her attorneys plan to appeal.

snip

She is in for a really rude awakening about the appeals process. I don't know the exact statistics, but its something like 85% of appeals are denied and out of the 15% that are heard, 1 in 1000 get overturned and sent back to the original court and 99.99% of those are "reconvicted".

The chance that she will ever get a new trial is so minuscule that it is barely worth consideration. And, she'll get a 2d conviction with NO Appeals eligibility.

All the evidence in this trial including testimony can be entered into any redo.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:This is not going to be popular.....but.....

I guess my point is this.....why are we (that is a global we) so concerned that she talked only about herself? That is exacrly what she was supposed to do.

it wasn't so much that she what she was saying, but the inflection in her voice when she was talking about her "dreams", her "t-shirt", her "opinion that she was a dv victim", her "plans" and her "value" to society. she had a tone that screamed out her high opinion of herself.

Of course, from what her future warden said in a news interview, she was completely wrong about "her plans, goals, ability to make money, and value to other inmates". I think CN posted it. pg 16

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Wed May 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:This is not going to be popular.....but.....

HLN is talking about how many times Jodi said "I and me" during her allocution.

That was the point of her allocution! She was there to attempt to humanize herself. She had to talk about herself, that was her job. She had to say whatever she could to sway the jury. She had to let them know that she is more than a "one dimensional character"

Now, having said that, She could have showed remorse, apologized to the Alexander's and begged for her life. She still could have talked about herself and her goals, but to totally ignore Travis's family was just evil.

Yes, she should humanize herself but what she did was contradict herself and placed blame on the jury.

Same with Willmott asking the jury when she put her hands on Jodi's shoulder, can you kill her!

"
The simple question before you is: Do you kill her? That's the question," Willmott said. "She has done something very bad. She has. You have convicted her of that. You have told her she is guilty of first degree murder for that. But the question is now: Do you kill her?"

Unfair to put it to the jury that way. As if it's their fault she's facing death. No, this is what Jodi deserves for the horrendous, heinous slaughter of Travis Alexander. She's still hasn't said, I am sorry for the hurt and pain I caused the Alexander family and my own family. She should have begged for mercy the same mercy she didn't afford to Travis..I think Jodi will get sentenced to death. She slapped the jurors faces with her allegations of abuse and doesn't care that she wasn't believed...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Wed May 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:

giz, from what they are saying on HLN, if she is sentenced to DP, she'll be sent to DR within 2 hours of the verdict. Just enough time to change clothes, get her back to sheriff joe's establishment, maybe say goodbye to her family at court or jail .. and she's gone.

I would have to check but most prisons, state prisons, isolate all the prisoners from visitors, letters, outside contact for the first 60 - 90 days until they assign a prisoner a "permanent" location.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm

LLL. I totally agree with you. I just wanted to put out my opinion of her allocution.

I think she should be put to death also. Even tho it will take decades for that to happen.

ETA: I also have an opinion about defense attys. But I think I will wait to rant about that topic...lol
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 6m
I can see attorneys are in a sizzlebar at the moment. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 5m
Jury is in the juror box. We are trying to get in but the security is not letting us in. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
There is quite a frenzy since we werent let in. Jurors are out of the courtroom. #JodiArias is still here but being escorted out now.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m
Valerie is going to take media back 5 at a time to view what just went on. #JodiArias

--azcentral had the cameras live in the courtroom for a few moments---Jodi is still dressed in black today, hair up in a ponytail...
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next