CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 10 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 am

Nan11 wrote:I apologize if this link has been post previously. (I did scroll back and didn't see it, but sometimes I still miss things even when I look.)

It's a fairly long interview. He was certainly more than willing to testiy on Arias' behalf.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--I don't get why he wanted his face not to be shown when he (as he says, HAD, b/c he was subpoenaed) to testify....and yet now that he's not going to be called during the mitigation phase, he goes ahead and does the interview, ON camera. he says he was protecting his son at the time------ummmmm, and now?

--and I certainly agree w/ you chickie-----Jodi called him a "George Clooney type/or look alike" or something...

--really!!!??....[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--maybe his grandpa.

--he comes across as creepy to me , now that he's put himself out there, i'm sure we'll be seeing more of him and his "I watched Jodi mature/still have love for her..."in the days to come. in fact, he'll probably supply pics of the good old days, after all patty got $$'s for hers..
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue May 21, 2013 6:26 am

Nan11 wrote:
papapi wrote:I keep hearing the talking heads bouncing around the term 'ineffective' with regard to Jodi's counsel, thinking Nurmi and Willmott are setting up any and all platforms for appeal. But I think there is a very nuanced difference between ineffective counsel, i.e. lacking the proper skills to present the case, and ineffectual counsel, i.e. lacking the ability to produce the desired not guilty verdict given the overwhelming evidence presented against this defendant.

So Jodi will be on stage, front and center one last time tomorrow before final sentencing. Considering that she has expressed a desire to die, though I think the claim is bogus, I don't think this jury will be swayed in the least by any plea for mercy she might attempt to muster.

"Off with her head. Let's go have pizza and beer."
They have been a good jury, though. They had to have been inconvenienced with the trial delays, and the sheer length of time this has gone on.

But they paid rapt attention in court, and still took considerable time to deliberate.

I was so impressed with their questions.

I don't think there is anything Arias, herself, can say to sway them; but, I think her mom should have been given a chance. jmo

It seems that every word and every witness etc., was carefully picked by the defense. Jodi had all those years in jail to come up with the only story that she was able to. The evidence was all around her. Then the defense carefully picked the witnesses and chose every word to ask these witnesses. But the prosecutor had better questions, questions that ripped apart every witness on that stand. This infuriated Nurmi and Willmott. They, like Jodi can not accept failure. Nurmi is not taking this verdict too well, as is Jodi. They are acting like children that had their toy taken away. Nurmi was out to prove he is a better lawyer than Martinez, the same way that Jodi was out to prove that she was a better sex partner for Travis while trying to win him over.

Nurmi will try every trick in the book to stall this case because he is mad. Jodi is enjoying every minute of it becaue the longer it takes, the more she is a main focus on the media. Jodi was actually happy yesterday when all this went down.

However, they are only prolonging the agony that is eventually going to take place.

I do not see Nurmi trying to help with the ineffective council part (that would do him no good as an attorney who is just starting out with his own practice). I see him doing all this in the effort to gain a mis trial or good grounds for an appeal. Nurmi would like to use this case for advertisement for his upcoming practice. Him wanting off of the case is the same as Jodi wanting the DS.

When you look at this picture, Nurmi and Jodi are actually two of a kind, which is probably why they clash.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue May 21, 2013 6:29 am

I believe that Nurmi and Wollmott deliberately left Jodi's parent off the witness list because he is portraying Jodi as having no support from her family. If he was to put any member on that stand, it would counter his claim.

I'm sure, more than sure, Jodi's mother would get up there in a heart beat to try and save her daughter.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 8:35 am

One of Arias' other mitigation witnesses, a former boyfriend who testified during the guilt stage of the trial, also was slated to talk to the jury on Monday.

Instead he talked to The Arizona Republic and KPNX-TV.

"My biggest goal in talking now is because I didn't get to talk today," Darryl Brewer said. "I wanted to speak on behalf of my family, to show we're not a bunch of chumps who lived with a homicidal maniac."

Brewer described Arias as "unrecognizable to me now," different from the young woman he bought a house with in 2006 — and lived with for a year and a half. "She was loving and kind. She was like an aunt to my son."

"I do not think she's gotten a fair trial," Brewer said, but added "no one can condone this heinous crime." And he thinks she brought the media circus on herself by talking — and lying — to TV reporters after she was arrested.

She needs to go to prison to pay for her crime, he said, but he hoped to convince the jury during his mitigation testimony not to send her to death row.

Good Morning Jodi Arias #4 - Page 10 1449507023

Jodi didn't get a fair trial?

Funny he says Jodi was like an 'Aunt' to my son..not mothering material?

This judge bent over backwards for her and her counsel.

For a nobody, this this damn trial is taking way too long..

Get on with it already...

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by zesmi Tue May 21, 2013 8:51 am

Daryl is a fool. Jodi manipulated him like she has done with everyone that crossed her path. If he had any integrity, he would have backed out of testiLying on his own...he went to the media and gave an interview. What?! The jury as it is, is going to wonder why she has nobody standing up for her...and they will wonder what happened to the 2 that were going to testify...they are expecting them...what will be the explanation given? Today shall be interesting.

zesmi

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue May 21, 2013 9:01 am

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase Day 2

Part 1
Part 2
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 am

Gizmo711 wrote:I believe that Nurmi and Wollmott deliberately left Jodi's parent off the witness list because he is portraying Jodi as having no support from her family. If he was to put any member on that stand, it would counter his claim.

I'm sure, more than sure, Jodi's mother would get up there in a heart beat to try and save her daughter.

Her mother denies the abuse, Patti Womack denies the abuse and said she thought Jodi had a great upbringing. I also read upthread where Patti told Juan, she has no mitigating factors.

Their best bet would be to have mother testify...she can start with the friends that called her up to get Jodi help. She could take the heat and say, she didn't do all she could to find out what was wrong with Jodi and if she was truly Bi Polar..

Now, Nurmi wants the judge to inform the jurors of the why's of no one standing up for Jodi during this mitigation phase..

It appears to me that Jodi burnt a lot of bridges..she has no friends that could speak on her behalf..

So, she'll do it herself, she still play the abuse card, even as the jury discounted her tale and make matters worse for herself..

I do hope there isn't another postponement today..I feel so bad for those poor jurors..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks Angie for those videos...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
Nan11 wrote:
papapi wrote:I keep hearing the talking heads bouncing around the term 'ineffective' with regard to Jodi's counsel, thinking Nurmi and Willmott are setting up any and all platforms for appeal. But I think there is a very nuanced difference between ineffective counsel, i.e. lacking the proper skills to present the case, and ineffectual counsel, i.e. lacking the ability to produce the desired not guilty verdict given the overwhelming evidence presented against this defendant.

So Jodi will be on stage, front and center one last time tomorrow before final sentencing. Considering that she has expressed a desire to die, though I think the claim is bogus, I don't think this jury will be swayed in the least by any plea for mercy she might attempt to muster.

"Off with her head. Let's go have pizza and beer."
They have been a good jury, though. They had to have been inconvenienced with the trial delays, and the sheer length of time this has gone on.

But they paid rapt attention in court, and still took considerable time to deliberate.

I was so impressed with their questions.

I don't think there is anything Arias, herself, can say to sway them; but, I think her mom should have been given a chance. jmo

It seems that every word and every witness etc., was carefully picked by the defense. Jodi had all those years in jail to come up with the only story that she was able to. The evidence was all around her. Then the defense carefully picked the witnesses and chose every word to ask these witnesses. But the prosecutor had better questions, questions that ripped apart every witness on that stand. This infuriated Nurmi and Willmott. They, like Jodi can not accept failure. Nurmi is not taking this verdict too well, as is Jodi. They are acting like children that had their toy taken away. Nurmi was out to prove he is a better lawyer than Martinez, the same way that Jodi was out to prove that she was a better sex partner for Travis while trying to win him over.

Nurmi will try every trick in the book to stall this case because he is mad. Jodi is enjoying every minute of it becaue the longer it takes, the more she is a main focus on the media. Jodi was actually happy yesterday when all this went down.

However, they are only prolonging the agony that is eventually going to take place.

I do not see Nurmi trying to help with the ineffective council part (that would do him no good as an attorney who is just starting out with his own practice). I see him doing all this in the effort to gain a mis trial or good grounds for an appeal. Nurmi would like to use this case for advertisement for his upcoming practice. Him wanting off of the case is the same as Jodi wanting the DS.

When you look at this picture, Nurmi and Jodi are actually two of a kind, which is probably why they clash.

Impeachment of a witness should not be confused with intimidation..

Jodi played the card of abuse, I think she took it too far which make it unbelievable. She told three different versions with the last being the domestic violence card. Which really angered true survivors of DV..

Jodi wants what she wants, she's in control..

Now that the jury discounted her tale and convicted her on the highest murder charge, they cry foul? Did they really think the jurors would accept that abuse BS story? They should have taken a different stance but that's too late now..I think they kept Jodi on the stand too long..she became hated for her apparent lies..

So, they don't get their way with a mistrial. They don't get their way with them wanting to withdraw, so Nurmi stomps his feet and acts all childish, well we will not be calling any witnesses for the mitigation phase. Would you really cut your nose to spite your face? Is this strategy or have you thrown in the towel for your loss on this case..

Nurmi's private practice is sex charges..he sure had 5 months to perfect Jodi's case and couldn't pull it off. Maybe you should have realized that this wasn't a case about sex, lies, photographs and dirty little secrets...

Now, what's up Jodi's sleeve for today?

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 am

LiveLaughLove wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:I believe that Nurmi and Wollmott deliberately left Jodi's parent off the witness list because he is portraying Jodi as having no support from her family. If he was to put any member on that stand, it would counter his claim.

Her mother denies the abuse, Patti Womack denies the abuse and said she thought Jodi had a great upbringing. I also read upthread where Patti told Juan, she has no mitigating factors.

Their best bet would be to have mother testify...she can start with the friends that called her up to get Jodi help. She could take the heat and say, she didn't do all she could to find out what was wrong with Jodi and if she was truly Bi Polar..

Now, Nurmi wants the judge to inform the jurors of the why's of no one standing up for Jodi during this mitigation phase..

It appears to me that Jodi burnt a lot of bridges..she has no friends that could speak on her behalf..

So, she'll do it herself, she still play the abuse card, even as the jury discounted her tale and make matters worse for herself..

I do hope there isn't another postponement today..I feel so bad for those poor jurors..

Call me "late to the party" ... I'm brand new here and hope you don't object to my meager two cents. Thank you

I was somewhat surprised at the defense's allegations of lack of a fair trial ... something similar that Jodi claimed in her after-conviction interview ... I'm sure that the attorney's don't actually believe that.

But, I can guarantee that Jodi does believe it and the fact that her atty put it into court record, will make her think that it is a legitimate claim. She probably thinks it will get her off death row if that's where she is to spend her last hours.

As for the "intimidation" claims, her attorneys know full well that they didn't do their homework and with the prosecutor knowing the info on the witness, it made them look very, very foolish.

I am torn between believing that this is the attorney's plan to set-up an appellate issue that MAY get a hearing and a way to keep Jodi "calm" - well, that's relative - until this trial is over and they no longer have to deal with the queen. Since neither of the attys are Appellate qualified, it is highly unlikely that they will take that part of the case anyway.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Tue May 21, 2013 10:11 am

Thank you .

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 am

owlsharkny.... Jodi Arias #4 - Page 10 3450312308
Kick off your shoes, pull up a chair and have fun!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 am

We saw Patricia next to Mamma Arias; aka PotHead Patti. Patti laughs in court, wears daisy duke shorts in court, gave the finger to the prosecutor in court! Who can really blame Womack originally from Santa Ana, California. Who in their right mind after watching this never-ending trial could possibly believe in testifying on behalf of Jodi Arias! Patricia being a childhood friend of Arias planned to testify about Arias’ abusive childhood. But she told NBC news in an email:

“I couldn’t do it,” “I feel there is so much good in Jodi to be saved but then also someone’s dear life was taken.”

Prosecutor Juan Martinez ripped into Patricia Womack, the potential witness the defense wanted to call on behalf of Jodi, telling the court that “her drug use” would have been questioned on the stand “as it involves the witness and the defendant.”

Patricia Womack has faced the law before she apparently has an open case with Child Services because of her drug issues, DUI arrest and heroin possession! If I were her I would just stay out of all this mess and straight up my life!

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 am

owlsharkny wrote:Thank you .

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 10 4041779686 to CrimeWatchers....

I do hope you enjoy your stay..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 am

I'm already feeling comfortable with the warm welcomes. Thank you very much.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 am

They probably told her that she had no "strong" appellate issues and she freaked - as usual. She is a piece of work. Can you imagine having to deal with her every day for one month, never mind five years? horror.

It will be interesting if she plays on the "I didn't get a fair trial" baloney in her statement today ... or she might just decide that she'll have more "time" on t.v. if she takes the stand and goes that route.

I noticed that smirk, too. She has something up her sleeve for today. Grrrrrrrrr.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 am

Seems to me if she wants a new trial she ought to ask for the death pealty. As I understand it, don't they come with an automatic appeal?

All these complaints from the past few days only involve the penalty phase. If the jury or the judge comes back with life (as I think is very possible) then it'll make the fact that these folks didn't testify moot.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Tue May 21, 2013 10:34 am

If she "asks" for the DP, she has no automatic appeals.

and, while getting Life w/o Parole would make the arguments moot, her attorneys still need to prepare for the worst. Of course, they should have prepared for the worse from jump street. [Maybe, Nurmi got distracted by his own desire to "have this pain end"]

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next