CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Gizmo711 Mon May 20, 2013 3:36 pm

This is nothing more than defense stragety. Jodi is back with her smirk on her face. She looked each juror in the eye as they were entering, almost like saying to each one "ha ha". Nurmi has his nerve constantly trying to get removed from the case at this last stage.

As for LaViolette feeling intimidated by Martinez, her problem was that the prosecutor was calling her on her finding of PTSD. LaV was lieing her behind off and got pissed when she was called on it.

Nurmi is determined not to lose this case one way or the other. This is all BS.

Jodi can smirk all she wants, no matter what, she had already been found guilty and it will never be overturned in this life. So either way Jodi will never be a free woman again, so I don't know why she is so happy today.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon May 20, 2013 3:38 pm

papapi wrote:Well, isn't this a pant load? Why couldn't Arias just get on up there and say whatever it is she's gonna say? Judge Stephens is ready to be over and done with this now. It seems to me she has bent over backwards to here every itty bitty little objection from defense, but now that the penalty phase has begun, she wants to finally be rid of this trial and wash her hands of it. Can't say I blame the judge one little bit.

I don't blame the judge either. Enough is enough. Sentence this woman once and for all. I wish Martinez would have questioned why Jodi's mother doesn't get up there?

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Mon May 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:This is nothing more than defense stragety. Jodi is back with her smirk on her face. She looked each juror in the eye as they were entering, almost like saying to each one "ha ha". Nurmi has his nerve constantly trying to get removed from the case at this last stage.

As for LaViolette feeling intimidated by Martinez, her problem was that the prosecutor was calling her on her finding of PTSD. LaV was lieing her behind off and got pissed when she was called on it.

Nurmi is determined not to lose this case one way or the other. This is all BS.

Jodi can smirk all she wants, no matter what, she had already been found guilty and it will never be overturned in this life. So either way Jodi will never be a free woman again, so I don't know why she is so happy today.

ALV was impeached, huge difference with impeachment and prosecutorial intimidation. She knew she's a hired gun...she devised her testimony to coincide with Jodi's allegations of abuse.

As for Patti Womack, she impeached herself by taking the 5th on Juan's very first question of drug abuse.

Now it's the courts fault they failed to protect the defendant???

I think this judge gave Jodi wide latitude in as far as her SD claim. She allowed the kitchen sink in to appease Jodi..

Now Patti is claiming she is being threatened and will not come to testify, yet I heard she told Juan Martinez that she felt Jodi had a great childhood and has no mitigating cirumstances..

If anything happens, it will be the sentencing phase only...I feel this is a strategy to use the reason two of Jodi's mitigation witnesses cannot be heard or won't come to stand up for Jodi...

If the jurors decide on death, with all these motions Nurmi has gotten on file today and other days, only the sentencing phase will be a do over..is my belief
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon May 20, 2013 4:04 pm

papapi wrote:Well, isn't this a pant load? Why couldn't Arias just get on up there and say whatever it is she's gonna say? Judge Stephens is ready to be over and done with this now. It seems to me she has bent over backwards to here every itty bitty little objection from defense, but now that the penalty phase has begun, she wants to finally be rid of this trial and wash her hands of it. Can't say I blame the judge one little bit.

I understand that the defendant's statement is supposed to be the very last words heard by the Jury insofar as testimony / allocation goes. So, technically, the prosecution had their rebuttal witnesses ready to come forward following the defense's mitigation witnesses. Now that they are not calling mitigation witnesses, the only thing left is Jodi's statement to the Jury. What I don't know is why that could not happen and why they needed adjourn today - unless the defense has indicated that it is going to file an emergency Petition for Writ to the Court of Appeal seeking a stay of proceedings.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon May 20, 2013 4:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lifetime announces premiere date of Jodi Arias movie

The film about the woman who was convicted of killing her former boyfriend will premiere June 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

--snip--

Tania Raymonde (Lost) plays Arias, 32, who was recently found guilty of the 2008 killing of her former lover, Travis Alexander (Jesse Lee Soffer, The Mob Doctor), after a day of sex.

Tony Plana (Ugly Betty) plays prosecutor Juan Martinez [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

..and David Zayas (Dexter) portrays detective Esteban Flores. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Mon May 20, 2013 4:22 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:

I understand that the defendant's statement is supposed to be the very last words heard by the Jury insofar as testimony / allocation goes. So, technically, the prosecution had their rebuttal witnesses ready to come forward following the defense's mitigation witnesses. Now that they are not calling mitigation witnesses, the only thing left is Jodi's statement to the Jury. What I don't know is why that could not happen and why they needed adjourn today - unless the defense has indicated that it is going to file an emergency Petition for Writ to the Court of Appeal seeking a stay of proceedings.

yet, she doesn't have an appeals issue for not calling any mitigation witness, according to Adam Lamm, a TH on HLN..

The defense appears to be purposely confusing impeached witness with an intimidated witness by the state attorney..it's his job to impeach and show the underhandedness of all their lies..

Hogwash! to the defense and their idiotic attempt to circumvent the laws to coddle a murderess...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Mon May 20, 2013 4:43 pm

ellejay wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The film about the woman who was convicted of killing her former boyfriend will premiere June 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

How can they make a movie about this? What version are they going to use? The only one who knows what happened is Jodi and we know she's a liar. Juan doesn't have time to write a script.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon May 20, 2013 4:44 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

yet, she doesn't have an appeals issue for not calling any mitigation witness, according to Adam Lamm, a TH on HLN..

The defense appears to be purposely confusing impeached witness with an intimidated witness by the state attorney..it's his job to impeach and show the underhandedness of all their lies..

Hogwash! to the defense and their idiotic attempt to circumvent the laws to coddle a murderess...

I agree, but it still angers me that they are being allowed to prolong the inevitable, and it does appear that the defense is trying to create appealable issues. I mean the chances of the COA granting a stay is highly unlikely, but that is obviously why the court could not go forward today IMO. I don't see any other reason to have postponed today's proceedings, from the Judge's point of view.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Mon May 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Sea Ray wrote:

How can they make a movie about this? What version are they going to use? The only one who knows what happened is Jodi and we know she's a liar. Juan doesn't have time to write a script.

They will use the prosecution's side of the case since the Jury found her guilty - I've seen them do the same thing in other cases
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Mon May 20, 2013 5:23 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
LiveLaughLove wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

I agree, but it still angers me that they are being allowed to prolong the inevitable, and it does appear that the defense is trying to create appealable issues. I mean the chances of the COA granting a stay is highly unlikely, but that is obviously why the court could not go forward today IMO. I don't see any other reason to have postponed today's proceedings, from the Judge's point of view.

I'm not sure why the Appellate court would stay the rest of this trial. They are at the end, with only the penalty phase looming..this is just fodder for postponing the inevitable..

It's not the courts fault, or the prosecutions fault the witnesses they wanted to produce have been impeached, not to be confused with intimidation. Juan is zealously getting justice for the victim. This isn't his first rodeo...he's already put one woman on DR..

This is all for appearance...and the cumulative effect of all those motions that have been denied..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by CherokeeNative Mon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm

I was trying to figure out why the Court would stop trial today given that she has denied a mistrial, denied withdrawal by counsel, and denied a stay. What would cause her to stop for the rest of the day? The only thing I can think of was to grant defense's request that they be allowed today to file a Petition for Writ and emergency stay of proceedings. The COA if it appeared that there may be grounds for a Writ, it could issue a stay temporarily to give them time to get briefing on the Petition for Writ.

I am not saying that this is likely, or even that this is what has occurred. I agree that this is just more fodder to avoid the inevitable, but there has to be a reason for calling it quits so early in the day. What else could it be?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon May 20, 2013 8:26 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I was trying to figure out why the Court would stop trial today given that she has denied a mistrial, denied withdrawal by counsel, and denied a stay. What would cause her to stop for the rest of the day? The only thing I can think of was to grant defense's request that they be allowed today to file a Petition for Writ and emergency stay of proceedings. The COA if it appeared that there may be grounds for a Writ, it could issue a stay temporarily to give them time to get briefing on the Petition for Writ.

I am not saying that this is likely, or even that this is what has occurred. I agree that this is just more fodder to avoid the inevitable, but there has to be a reason for calling it quits so early in the day. What else could it be?

Knowing Nurmi and how pizzed he is at the prosecution and this whole case, I think your theory is one to be very considered. The defense has caused total chaos during this entire trial. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Jodi had that smirk on her face again today. I guess the shock has worn off and she seems to be feeling confident again. Does she really think her conviction will be over turned? If she does she is sicker than I thought.

There was no reason for her to not get on that stand today. Nurmi is pushing his luck, he may just end up going to jail for contempt. The way he ripped into that judge showed just how much anger he has with this trial. He is blaming his clients guilt on the prosecution. LaV was a total liar, her reputation was destroyed on that stand, not by Martinez, but by her fabrication of lies to suit the defense, she has no one to blame but herself.

The two witnesses didn't show because they had nothing to put in for any mitigating circumstances. They weren't going to purg themselves.

I hope nothing stands in the way tomorrow of Jodi taking the stand. I want to see that smirk wipe off her face.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Mon May 20, 2013 8:39 pm

I came late to the party, been out all day and forgot JA trial... Reading here the postponed again?? So he files a writ (whatever) just let the jury decide her fate. She still has the appeals to go if DP and the def won't have to listen to her again.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon May 20, 2013 8:41 pm

This afternoon, HLN was speculating that Jodi had her statement all written and it would have played off what Darrell and Womack had to say. And now that they are not speaking, Jodi has to re write her statement. And according to HLN, the Judge has no choice but to give her the time because......wait for it........death is different.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon May 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Jodi entered the court room with that look of confidence. I have come to know that look after all these months. Whenever she feel confident about something, that look appears. Nurmi visited her in jail over the weekend. This was all planned. Jodi knew just what to expect. She knew she was not going to take that stand today.

I have to agree with CN, I do believe that Nurmi is getting ready to do something to stop this the proceeding of this penalty phase. And if he is attempting to do that, than he is attempting to get a mis trial going.

What I do not understand is how this is allowed at this stage of the trial. It's over, she was found guilty. Does Nurmi and Jodi really think this can be over turned? No way.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 pm

--snip--

Tania Raymonde (Lost) plays Arias, 32, who was recently found guilty of the 2008 killing of her former lover, Travis Alexander (Jesse Lee Soffer, The Mob Doctor), after a day of sex.

Tony Plana (Ugly Betty) plays prosecutor Juan Martinez [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

..and David Zayas (Dexter) portrays detective Esteban Flores. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope it's not a copy of the trial, heaven knows we seen it first hand and had enough of it. I was disappointed with the Scot Peterson movie and the Casey Anthony one. I hope this one shows more like a movie setting of their relationship and the crazy things Jodi did while in this relationship. I hope they don't portray Travis as child molester.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon May 20, 2013 10:57 pm

George Clooney? Not in my eyes!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 pm

People have no sympathy for D. Brewer...If I even knew Jodi in passing, I would not admit it.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 pm

I keep hearing the talking heads bouncing around the term 'ineffective' with regard to Jodi's counsel, thinking Nurmi and Willmott are setting up any and all platforms for appeal. But I think there is a very nuanced difference between ineffective counsel, i.e. lacking the proper skills to present the case, and ineffectual counsel, i.e. lacking the ability to produce the desired not guilty verdict given the overwhelming evidence presented against this defendant.

So Jodi will be on stage, front and center one last time tomorrow before final sentencing. Considering that she has expressed a desire to die, though I think the claim is bogus, I don't think this jury will be swayed in the least by any plea for mercy she might attempt to muster.

"Off with her head. Let's go have pizza and beer."
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon May 20, 2013 11:39 pm

No beer for me.....sweet tea!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down