CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 28 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by angiefly2 Fri May 24, 2013 4:16 pm

One Wonders wrote:
ellejay wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Arias trial jury foreman calls decision 'gut-wrenching'

--snip--

Zervakos said the 32-year-old defendant simply did not fit his image of a murderer. "When you look at a young woman and you think of the crime, and then you see the brutality of the crime, it just doesn't wash," he said. "It's very difficult to divest yourself from the personal, from the emotional part of it."
Dosen't wash??? Are you serious??? You need to put your tools back into your pants and leave them there.

Though the jury did not believe Arias' story that she killed Travis Alexander in self-defense, Zervakos said he believed Alexander abused her. "I'm very sure, in my own mind, that she was mentally and verbally abused," he said. "Now, is that an excuse? Of course not. Does it factor into decisions we make? It has to."
*****You brought the Snow White excuse, with what's in your drawer's.****
~~~

But he expressed sympathy for her ability to endure her time on the stand. "I think the way the prosecutor was with her -- he's known for an aggressive style -- I think it was very hard, I think it would be difficult for anybody."
****Hummm, I wonder how hard it was for Travis to be slaughtered by her, while his 'screaming" voice was filling her ear's. Or being on all 4's and him saying "I can't feel my legs". Maybe even doing all he can to try and escape her as he has his throat slit at the end of the hall that would have led to some help.****

Exactly, One! It just makes me sick... I kept thinking that since the "other case" went so bad that this one would provide justice, boy was I wrong. I am hoping in the end; the Alexander family gets the justice that they deserve.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm

angiefly2 wrote:

Exactly, One! It just makes me sick... I kept thinking that since the "other case" went so bad that this one would provide justice, boy was I wrong. I am hoping in the end; the Alexander family gets the justice that they deserve.

--this jury foreman and "that other florida jury foreman" must have been separated at birth. both were too (or lack of a better word ) STUPID to BE the foreman.

--excused juror #8 said this a.m. that he was very disappointed ----I so wish he hadn't been removed, he would have made an intelligent foreman, by what I've seen of him in interviews.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 4:28 pm

No sentence for Arias; county weighs options

--snip---

But first, as the County Attorney’s Office ponders whether to take that challenge or to plead Arias to a life sentence, there is another court consideration.

On Wednesday, the Arizona Supreme Court will decide if it will take jurisdiction over one of Nurmi’s appeals regarding the death penalty.

Midway through the trial, Nurmi asked the high court to throw out the aggravating factor of cruelty because the judge had allowed it to go forward based on a different theory of how the murder occurred.

The state had originally claimed that Arias first shot, then stabbed Alexander before slitting his throat; based on that theory, a Maricopa County Superior Court judge ruled there was probable cause to find the crime had been committed in an especially cruel manner, an aggravating factor under state law.

Right before trial, prosecutor Martinez revealed his new theory that Arias had first stabbed, then slashed, then shot Alexander after he was already dead.

Stephens, the current judge, allowed the aggravator to be considered nonetheless. The jury found that it applied.

The Supreme Court could decline jurisdiction and say that it should be brought up in a regular appeal. Or it could set oral argument for this fall and in a long shot, throw out the death penalty.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Fri May 24, 2013 4:31 pm

An inmate from Jodi's new home. Maybe she will be JA's cellmate at some point. Scary, very scary, except this is Jodi without the mask.

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Madara200 wrote:
LorenzoG wrote:Did I see someone indicate that Willmott now wants to stay on the case???

Does she consider her's and the DT's performance a success and now wants to remain in the limelight as well???

Neither Nurmi or Wiillmott were impressive IMHO.

I read today that they are both staying on...Not impressed with either. I bet they are thinking they are simply amazing!!!

"Simply amazing"... tee-hee!!! ;~)

Last edited by papapi on Fri May 24, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected quotes)
LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Jodi Arias trial jury foreman, Bill Zervakos, tells 12 News what it was like to serve on the jury

--2 video clips @ link.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 4:52 pm

--it will be interesting to see what the juryQ's were.

5/24/2013 ---NOTE: MOTION TO UNSEAL JUROR QUESTIONS AND JUDICIAL RESPONSES
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 4:58 pm

papapi wrote:... Now I feel like a candle fly circling a smolder wick. I fear if I keep coming back to see what stupidity comes next, I might choke on the smell of sulfur from this moldering she-devil.

So very poetic... and funny!

Like it!
LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Madara200 wrote:... She just really rubs me the wrong way; she believes herself to be far more intelligent and proficient than she actually is. She's that annoying know-it-all that we have all dealt with at one time or another.

Only been here a few days. But I'm amazed at how many of you say / think pretty darn exactly what's going through my frontal lobe!

What are you my freakin' brothers & sisters???
LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Fri May 24, 2013 5:13 pm

LorenzoG wrote:
Madara200 wrote:... She just really rubs me the wrong way; she believes herself to be far more intelligent and proficient than she actually is. She's that annoying know-it-all that we have all dealt with at one time or another.

Only been here a few days. But I'm amazed at how many of you say / think pretty darn exactly what's going through my frontal lobe!

What are you my freakin' brothers & sisters???

I know exactly what you mean...I bonded pretty quickly with everyone here!!! Very nice place to be able to vent and share!!!

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 5:14 pm

@ Lorenzo ~ yep, likely twins, separated at birth... tongue

Stick around. I think you'll find some very insightful and intelligent discussion on Crime Watchers.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri May 24, 2013 5:19 pm

One Wonders wrote:
ellejay wrote:--good grief.
Ditto

--as juan explained to them---the LAW is, if the aggravator (cruelty, which they all had agreed to) outweighs the mitigators....you must find in favour of the aggravator...
IMO the aggravator's had one side of the scale sitting on the bottom while the mitigator's were sitting on the top as there were no legitimate mitigator's.

--apparently the foreman went w/, but, but, I felt sorry for the little thing.....and look at what she had to put w/ the prosecutor too...
Apparently he was thinking with the wrong head!!! She dosen't look like a cold blooded killer. She's tiny, soft spoken blah, blah, blah. Did he expect a Frankenstein's monster and a roaring like a lion voice??? He believe's her bs about Travis abusing her without any other human being to corroborate it except Alyce LaV and Samuals, really? But we do have plenty of human beings who said nope didn't happen, plus how many said when I heard he was dead my first thought was JA.

Arias trial jury foreman calls decision 'gut-wrenching'

Exactly. What he was actually saying was that she was too pretty and timid to put to death. WTF (excuse my language) but I have had it with juries. They were not chosen to look at the appearance of the defendant but to weigh the case. If this is the way that the jury's are going to look at cases then I guess Jodi was right when she said "no jury would convict her".

This bubble head couldn't come up with a good reason for not giving Jodi the DS so he lied like she did. There was no proof that Travis abused Jodi in any way what so ever. The sex tape was between two consenting adults and Jodi certainly was enjoying the conversation just as much as Travis, if not more. As for the nasty e-mail he sent her just prior to his murder wasn't explained as to why he sent her that, obviously she had done something to him to make him lose it a little. If he calls this abuse, then every woman out here would have the right to kill her mate.

Now, in reality this is not good for Jodi, which could be why she was in tears. If a verdict had been reached in either direction Jodi would have immediately started all her appeals going. Now, if the prosecution should offer a deal to Jodi, LWOP to remove the DS, that would make it impossible for Jodi to ever put in for an appeal. We all know Jodi and she wont accept this as an offer because in her sick mind she still has a thought that she may one day walk a free woman. She will probably counter offer by saying that she will accept 25 years. Martinez will never go for that, therefore this is headed for another trial for the sentencing. Thus prolonging all of Jodi's appeals until next year when this is over. It may have been considered a win for the defense team, but not for Jodi.

I think it is finally setting in that Jodi will spend the rest of her natural life behind bars.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 5:21 pm

//mod// Please try to be careful with the quote tags. If you decide you want to snip out only part of another member's post, please place and indicator where the excise took place so others will know they are not seeing a fully quoted post. Something like this would do...

//snipped//

Thank you. \\mod\\
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri May 24, 2013 5:30 pm

I am getting so tired of women getting away with murder! This isn't the first time a woman is not sentenced/convicted correctly. I got dismissed from jury selection once, because I stated "if a woman had done what he is accused of doing, we wouldn't be here" Women are just as mean, if not more, because they have the poor little me defense. I call B8LLSH1T
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Wow just wow...looks as though the foreman is a well-known fellow in Arizona circles.

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Madara200 wrote:
papapi wrote:
LorenzoG wrote:Did I see someone indicate that Willmott now wants to stay on the case???

Does she consider her's and the DT's performance a success and now wants to remain in the limelight as well???

Neither Nurmi or Wiillmott were impressive IMHO.

Maybe you didn't notice yesterday, but when the non-verdict was announced Wilma was almost overflowing with glee. She looked like she was struggling to keep from jumping up with a hearty round of applause and shouting out, "BRAVO! WELL DONE!"

Oh I saw that...it was maddening. She looked pleased as punch. She just really rubs me the wrong way; she believes herself to be far more intelligent and proficient than she actually is. She's that annoying know-it-all that we have all dealt with at one time or another.

It was that smirk she had on - I can't stand her Polly Anna attitude. Yes, yes, yes - it was all she could do not to jump up and down with glee.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 28 Empty O/T Announcement

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 6:35 pm

JOIN CRIME WATCHERS MEMBERS IN CHAT BOX THIS EVENING, 9pm eastern, 6pm pacific FOR OPEN DISCUSSION OF FLORIDA v. GEORGE ZIMMERMAN ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Fri May 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Jury foreman wants to reach out to Arias and ask her what really happened. Does he have a crush on her????

OMG, WTF is wrong with juries these days? And also him having a criminal record? WTH? No wonder he hung the jury. MOO

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Madara200 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jury foreman wants to reach out to Arias and ask her what really happened. Does he have a crush on her????

This is just about the kinkiest damn thing I've heard thus far in this mess. Reach out? What really happened? Didn't this enormous DICKHEAD already decide what happened? I thought he was foreperson of the jury that convicted Jodi Arias of first degree murder with extreme cruelty.

Mein Gott! Now I'm surprised this didn't turn out like the Pinellas Pinheads with an idiot like this leading the jury. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 28 3101353525
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Fri May 24, 2013 7:06 pm

[quote="Madara200"][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jury foreman wants to reach out to Arias and ask her what really happened. Does he have a crush on her???? [quote]

OMG, WTF is wrong with juries these days? And also him having a criminal record? WTH? No wonder he hung the jury. This is MOO

Last edited by angiefly2 on Fri May 24, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri May 24, 2013 7:37 pm

papapi wrote:

This is just about the kinkiest damn thing I've heard thus far in this mess. Reach out? What really happened? Didn't this enormous DICKHEAD already decide what happened? I thought he was foreperson of the jury that convicted Jodi Arias of first degree murder with extreme cruelty.

Mein Gott! Now I'm surprised this didn't turn out like the Pinellas Pinheads with an idiot like this leading the jury. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 28 3101353525

Well lets thank our stars that he did that much. Could you imagine if he had hung the jury with the conviction?

I just don't know where they get these juror's from. The one that was kicked off for a DUI would have been better on that jury.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gizmo711 Fri May 24, 2013 7:54 pm

papapi wrote:

I truly think that he swayed the other 3 to side with him. Also, he didn't give the judge a chance to send them back for a second time (which she would have). That's why he put it in as a "verdict" when in fact it was not a verdict. It was a dead lock but he (the foreman) showed the court that he wasn't about to be sent back in to deliberate some more because he knew he wasn't going to budge from his decision, so he announced it as a verdict.

He should have be reprimanded for that and still sent back to deliberate some more. But I guess by him saying that it was their "verdict", it was beyond the judges say so.

How the hell did they pick this guy to be foreman?

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 pm

They should let him in to see Jodi, maybe they can become pen pals. Maybe he was the one that Jodi was talking about when she said she felt betrayed. They may have been giving each other the eye.

He messed up the entire trial. If he does have a record, how come this wasn't noticed prior to him becoming a juror. I thought you couldn't become a juror with a record?

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:They should let him in to see Jodi, maybe they can become pen pals. Maybe he was the one that Jodi was talking about when she said she felt betrayed. They may have been giving each other the eye.

He messed up the entire trial. If he does have a record, how come this wasn't noticed prior to him becoming a juror. I thought you couldn't become a juror with a record?

A record? Wow, I guess I need to do some more reading. I was rejected from jury duty once because I had a failure to yield right-of-way twenty years prior and it was a misdemeanor. Rolling Eyes
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next