CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 27 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Sea Ray Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:I think that in the end, the DA, The Alexanders and Martinez will all agree to LWOP just to put an end to this. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised.

That's the way I see it too. We're done with Jodi trials
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 pm

ellejay wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jodi Arias sentencing: Hung jury in penalty phase
--snip--

Jodi's mother Sandy Arias told FOX 10 she wasn't there because she was told by the court they were only meeting for a jury question -- just like the media was told -- and didn't know a decision had been made.

Troy Hayden talked with Sandy on the phone. He asked, "Are you happy about what happened today?"

Sandy Arias: "I'm not sure. I'm not sure how that's going to affect everything. I don't think they're going to find another jury that's fair. That's for darn sure. People are going to get on there just so they can convict her."

--video @ link

HELLO? She's already been CONVICTED. Now it's just determining SENTENCING.

Personally, I think Arizona's system SUCKS big time. The sentencing phase should not be a unanimous vote of the jury, in my opinion. Either make it a majority vote of the jury, or turn the decision over to the judge. Then the defense can start whatever appellate issues they might think they have to challenge the decision. This additional process seems to me to be a huge waste of resources.

Last edited by papapi on Fri May 24, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I believe the prosecutor will retry the penalty phase of the case. I don't think they will back down at this point. Time will tell.

I agree that from the interview he gave, it sounds like the foreman was one of those holding out against the death penalty. I am disappointed that any of them felt Jodi had been abused by Travis.

I am surprised to hear Wilma say that they will not withdraw. I expected, in light of their earlier motion, to withdraw between now and the status hearing and then have a newly appointed attorney seek additional time to get "up to speed."

Any juror that says she was abused shoud be asked "why did Jodi still pursue him?" God knows she drove well out of her way to see him this time. Jodi should have been asked the same thing
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 1:51 pm

--good grief.

--as juan explained to them---the LAW is, if the aggravator (cruelty, which they all had agreed to) outweighs the mitigators....you must find in favour of the aggravator...

--apparently the foreman went w/, but, but, I felt sorry for the little thing.....and look at what she had to put w/ the prosecutor too...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Arias trial jury foreman calls decision 'gut-wrenching'

--snip--

Zervakos said the 32-year-old defendant simply did not fit his image of a murderer. "When you look at a young woman and you think of the crime, and then you see the brutality of the crime, it just doesn't wash," he said. "It's very difficult to divest yourself from the personal, from the emotional part of it."

Though the jury did not believe Arias' story that she killed Travis Alexander in self-defense, Zervakos said he believed Alexander abused her. "I'm very sure, in my own mind, that she was mentally and verbally abused," he said. "Now, is that an excuse? Of course not. Does it factor into decisions we make? It has to."
~~~

But he expressed sympathy for her ability to endure her time on the stand. "I think the way the prosecutor was with her -- he's known for an aggressive style -- I think it was very hard, I think it would be difficult for anybody."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 2:02 pm

... Zervakos said the 32-year-old defendant simply did not fit his image of a murderer. "When you look at a young woman and you think of the crime, and then you see the brutality of the crime, it just doesn't wash," he said. "It's very difficult to divest yourself from the personal, from the emotional part of it."...

^^^^^ omg, I think I might have heard something going "boing" in his britches when I opened that link. And THAT was the foreperson? smh in disgust.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri May 24, 2013 2:41 pm

ellejay wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jodi Arias sentencing: Hung jury in penalty phase
--snip--

Jodi's mother Sandy Arias told FOX 10 she wasn't there because she was told by the court they were only meeting for a jury question -- just like the media was told -- and didn't know a decision had been made.

Troy Hayden talked with Sandy on the phone. He asked, "Are you happy about what happened today?"

Sandy Arias: "I'm not sure. I'm not sure how that's going to affect everything. I don't think they're going to find another jury that's fair. That's for darn sure. People are going to get on there just so they can convict her."

--video @ link

But she has already been convicted. This is just the sentencing stage. I'll be happy which ever the out come. At lease Jodi will never be free again.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri May 24, 2013 2:42 pm

ellejay wrote:--good grief.

--as juan explained to them---the LAW is, if the aggravator (cruelty, which they all had agreed to) outweighs the mitigators....you must find in favour of the aggravator...

--apparently the foreman went w/, but, but, I felt sorry for the little thing.....and look at what she had to put w/ the prosecutor too...

--snip--

Zervakos said the 32-year-old defendant simply did not fit his image of a murderer. "When you look at a young woman and you think of the crime, and then you see the brutality of the crime, it just doesn't wash," he said. "It's very difficult to divest yourself from the personal, from the emotional part of it."

Though the jury did not believe Arias' story that she killed Travis Alexander in self-defense, Zervakos said he believed Alexander abused her. "I'm very sure, in my own mind, that she was mentally and verbally abused," he said. "Now, is that an excuse? Of course not. Does it factor into decisions we make? It has to."
~~~

But he expressed sympathy for her ability to endure her time on the stand. "I think the way the prosecutor was with her -- he's known for an aggressive style -- I think it was very hard, I think it would be difficult for anybody."

BBM/Red

^^^^And that is what should have been reiterated over and over by the Foreman...but wait, the Foreman was holding out....boing...is right Papapi. Had we not had the "boing" factor going on, the jury should have been able to see that they had already found what was required in order to arrive at the sentence. DOH
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:... Even if the prosecutor agrees to a plea deal, it would be LWOP which would mean that Jodi would have absolutely no grounds for an appeal down the line. I doubt that Jodi (knowing her) would agree to this... I know Travis' family and Martinez wont agree to anything less, so I guess we will have a second trial for the penalty phase.

See it this way too.
LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 2:45 pm

ellejay wrote:

Former Deputy Warden: Carl ToersBijns

A brief video and reality check of the journey Jodi Arias is facing...

Thanks for posting this, Elle.
LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:I think that in the end, the DA, The Alexanders and Martinez will all agree to LWOP just to put an end to this...

If the comments in the video posted yesterday from the retired corrections official is accurate, I'd have no prob at all with LWOP for JA.

And I wonder if it truly wouldn't be an even worse fate for her than the DP.
LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Fri May 24, 2013 3:00 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:

--snip--

~~~

BBM/Red

^^^^And that is what should have been reiterated over and over by the Foreman...but wait, the Foreman was holding out....boing...is right Papapi. Had we not had the "boing" factor going on, the jury should have been able to see that they had already found what was required in order to arrive at the sentence. DOH

To add to this, the law also is you are not to go by your emotions. apparently some of the jurors didn't listen to that part. I really hope they, the State and Defense, decide and we don't have anymore of "the Jodi show". just give her LWOP and keep her off of the TV. I'm over it.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 3:05 pm

@ ang, I swore I was done with this after the first degree murder conviction. Now I feel like a candle fly circling a smolder wick. I fear if I keep coming back to see what stupidity comes next, I might choke on the smell of sulfur from this moldering she-devil.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Fri May 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Nan11 wrote:
owlsharkny wrote:Just because this jury could not come to some conclusion unanimously, I am not proud of the job that they did - they did not finishtheir job - they quit for a holiday break.

Reminds me of what the CA jury did - let's just get out of here and forget it. and, like that jury, hide from answering questions.
Hi there, Owl! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 27 161793503

I hear you. It's not that I'm proud of them, but I'm trying to hang onto something. A 1st degree murder conviction is a heavy conviction--they really could have charged 2nd degree murder or manslaughter.

I really hope they continue with the do over for the death phase. I think we will see a rested Mr. Martinez that comes determined to get justice for Travis and the Alexander family. He will have gained insight.

While my heart is simply broke in two over the pain of Travis' family, I have hope that they will get the closure they deserve.

All is not lost, just delayed.

Remember that other one is walking as free today as you and I--untouchable. This jury did not allow that to happen.

Hi Nan Jodi Arias #4 - Page 27 3964572787

You do make good points. I just hate ineptness and that's how I'm looking at this jury right now. What other job would you be able to leave incomplete and expect a pat on the back?

I think what is aggravating for me, Nan, is that they couldn't agree to any decision - just make one, that's all I wanted for the Alexanders.

O.k. call it sour grapes because it is.

I am waiting for the jurors to respond. Listening to HLN right now and apparently the DT is going to remain on her case .. probably won't be released by judge.

At least the sheriff is going to keep her in closed custody until the next trial date - so she'll be locked up with no press until then.

I hope this doesn't happen in the Trayvon case. I'll give up on the jury system all together.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Fri May 24, 2013 3:21 pm

--snip--

--snip--
~~~

I couldn't believe it when I heard this part! It was "hard" for her? Are you kidding me? Obviously, he was intrigued with her sexual exploits and led astray by those.

"endure her time on the stand" - pooo' baby - how rough was that?

grrrrrrrrrr ...now, I know I have less admiration for this jury than I did before I heard anything from them.

when did they start giving jurors dumb pills? must be slipped into their lunches!

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Did I see someone indicate that Willmott now wants to stay on the case???

Does she consider her's and the DT's performance a success and now wants to remain in the limelight as well???

Neither Nurmi or Wiillmott were impressive IMHO.

LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Fri May 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Here's a link I found with Juror #9. I apologize if it has already been posted! Wonder which way he was leaning!!! He said he was not going to talk now but will share his thoughts later. I am really interested to know what went on behind the scenes. I wonder if any of the jurors who were hell bent on life are having second thoughts now that they are seeing the real Jodi on her interviews.

Last edited by Madara200 on Fri May 24, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Fri May 24, 2013 3:44 pm

LorenzoG wrote:Did I see someone indicate that Willmott now wants to stay on the case???

Does she consider her's and the DT's performance a success and now wants to remain in the limelight as well???

I read today that they are both staying on...Not impressed with either. I bet they are thinking they are simply amazing!!!

Madara200

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by papapi Fri May 24, 2013 3:48 pm

LorenzoG wrote:Did I see someone indicate that Willmott now wants to stay on the case???

Maybe you didn't notice yesterday, but when the non-verdict was announced Wilma was almost overflowing with glee. She looked like she was struggling to keep from jumping up with a hearty round of applause and shouting out, "BRAVO! WELL DONE!"
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Fri May 24, 2013 3:52 pm

papapi wrote:@ ang, I swore I was done with this after the first degree murder conviction. Now I feel like a candle fly circling a smolder wick. I fear if I keep coming back to see what stupidity comes next, I might choke on the smell of sulfur from this moldering she-devil.
LMAO! I know I'll be back here, I swear I'm a glutton for punishment.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Fri May 24, 2013 3:54 pm

papapi wrote:

Maybe you didn't notice yesterday, but when the non-verdict was announced Wilma was almost overflowing with glee. She looked like she was struggling to keep from jumping up with a hearty round of applause and shouting out, "BRAVO! WELL DONE!"

Oh I saw that...it was maddening. She looked pleased as punch. She just really rubs me the wrong way; she believes herself to be far more intelligent and proficient than she actually is. She's that annoying know-it-all that we have all dealt with at one time or another.

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Fri May 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Nan11 wrote:
Madara200 wrote:Here's a link I found with Juror #9. I apologize if it has already been posted! Wonder which way he was leaning!!! He said he was not going to talk now but will share his thoughts later. I am really interested to know what went on behind the scenes. I wonder if any of the jurors who were hell bent on life are having second thoughts now that they are seeing the real Jodi on her interviews.

Hi, Madara Jodi Arias #4 - Page 27 788090459

Nice to see you dropping in! I'm sure we will hear--and soon--how all the jurors felt. I guess it was 8 to 4 for the DP.

I think the fact that the foreman wanted LWOP was a very deciding factor as to why no one would budge. I'm sort of guessing that Mr. Ponytail wanted the DP.

That's the feeling I was getting about him too Nan...Looks like we are all going to meet up again in July!!! When I heard the non-verdict the other day, I exclaimed in loud disgust that I was totally done with this...and here I am!!!!

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next