CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 5:00 am

Jodi Arias Jurors Leaving After Court

Jurors getting on the bus after a mistrial is declared in the penalty phase of the Jodi Arias murder trial.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 5:46 am

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial

message to you, from juror 17:

Hello all! I was sent to this page thanks to a friend of mine now that I am able to see and hear things! I was juror 17 and later on I was chosen as an alternate. I was so disappointed and upset to hear my number called after all the time and work I put into this trial! Today was a hard day for the jury but it was also a very hard day for me!! To say I am devastated is an understatement! I feel so much pain that I can't even begin to imagine what Travis's family is feeling! Although today's outcome wasn't what I wanted and probably most of you as well, I just ask that you remember we are all human and no matter which juror voted which way, it was a very hard decision for all of them! I want to send my love and prayers to Travis's family and I really hope they get the right outcome next time!!!
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 5:49 am

Former Deputy Warden: Carl ToersBijns

A brief video and reality check of the journey Jodi Arias is facing as the jury decides her fate ~ Whether she gets a death sentence or life without parole she is doomed for the draconic prison called Perryville where she will likely die as she becomes one of the walking dead in the Arizona desert.

Published on May 23, 2013

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri May 24, 2013 7:03 am

As much as I dislike JVM, she made some sense last night when she stated that "Jodi manipulates everyone". It got me thinking.

When Jodi was convicted of first degree murder she was in shock, she did not expect that verdict. I believe she thought that she had connected with a juror or two and maybe stood a chance. Then Jodi stated on her interview that she felt betrayed by the juror's, well one can only feel betrayed by someone they feel as though they know or got to know. Every time those juror's walked into the court room Jodi's eyes were fixed on certain ones. Jodi kept that attitude of confidence all through the trial.

Then came the penalty phase, Jodi once again looked confident. A person in her position should have been over joyed for a mistrial. Instead she broke down and cried more than she did at hearing the "murder one" conviction.

As the jury was leaving the courtroom, Jody (look at her in the video) was stretching her neck to look at the jury or juror. But it seems that she was expecting a verdict of LIFE and not a dead lock. It may seem that Jodi was dependent on a juror or two to fix that in deliberation.

I know this sounds nuts, but just watch Jodi as the jurors are leaving the court room, also watch her whispering to JW and then looking over to a juror.

Jodi has a way about her (as JVM stated) that manipulates people, get them to feel sorry for her (like she did with Travis). Maybe just maybe she thought she had (or maybe did) connect with a juror and was relying on that juror to sway the rest.

You can tell when Jodi's tears are real and when they are fake. Jodi's tears were real last night, because she was crying for herself. Once again Jodi was wrecked at a verdict but should have actually been pleased with this one, which to me showed that she actually was expecting a different outcome and for some reason felt that confidence.

However, after saying all that, I have the greatest regards for that entire jury, they did what they were asked to do. It had to be very tough on them all to sit thru that trial, that at times, became very trying, having to listen to Nurmi slow talking crap and JW talking BS and repeating the same things over and over again. So my hats off to them.

We all said that we wished that the jury in CA case would have hung the jury rather than bring back a not guilty verdict, at least this jury found her guilty of the worst charge and I feel as though in the end Jodi will receive the DS (and from the looks of Jodi last evening so does she).

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Fri May 24, 2013 8:56 am

I really believe that Jodi showing the pictures of her as a child humanized her in some way in some of the juror's eyes. She is truly manipulative to the n th degree. Either her defense came up with that strategy or she did... Maybe the combination of the two? I wish Juan could have shown more pics as Travis growing up but I suspect that sadly his parent's didn't take many pics of him since they had drug and neglect problems. So sad.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 am

The foreman just spoke and by the way he was talking I gathered that he was one of the hold outs. He said that he believed that Travis abused Jodi verbally and mentally even though it didn't excuse her murdering him. So there's the answer. The other three must have went along with him.

I don't know how he reached that assumption, the only time Travis talked sex with Jodi was during a mutual phone sex type of thing, where both were consenting adults.

I see no other way than another jury being picked. Even if the prosecutor agrees to a plea deal, it would be LWOP which would mean that Jodi would have absolutely no grounds for an appeal down the line. I doubt that Jodi (knowing her) would agree to this. No matter what the outcome of a second jury, she would still have grounds for an appeal. For her to agree to a plea deal would wipe that all out and she would have to resign herself to LWOP. I just don't see that happening. I know Travis' family and Martinez wont agree to anything less, so I guess we will have a second trial for the penalty phase.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 am

Hate to rub it in guys, but do you notice how all my words are correctly spelled....all due to my spell check that suddenly appeared out of no where.

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 26 3824466984 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 26 407633263 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 26 1798881284 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 26 18726956

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 am

ellejay wrote:Statement by Sheriff Joe Arpaio:

"Because the jury in the Jodi Arias murder trial was hung, Arias will remain as a closed custody inmate in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Estrella Jail. Arias has been in Sheriff Arpaio's care and custody for five years and will stay with MCSO until the judicial system renders a final conclusion as to her fate. As a closed custody inmate, Arias remains in her 7x11 cell for 23 hours a day and Arpaio will no longer permit Arias to give media interviews."

I don't understand why he ever waived that. Has he addressed why he allowed her to do hours and hours of interviews the other night? Why enforce the rules now?
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by angiefly2 Fri May 24, 2013 10:42 am

Sea Ray wrote:
ellejay wrote:Statement by Sheriff Joe Arpaio:

"Because the jury in the Jodi Arias murder trial was hung, Arias will remain as a closed custody inmate in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Estrella Jail. Arias has been in Sheriff Arpaio's care and custody for five years and will stay with MCSO until the judicial system renders a final conclusion as to her fate. As a closed custody inmate, Arias remains in her 7x11 cell for 23 hours a day and Arpaio will no longer permit Arias to give media interviews."

I don't understand why he ever waived that. Has he addressed why he allowed her to do hours and hours of interviews the other night? Why enforce the rules now?
Someone posted why he allowed the interviews but I can't recall who. To be honest I don't really care for him, Arpaio, that is JMHO. He said some stupid shit about her having her 1st amendment rights and not wanting to violate that. He also said he wanted people to know (paraphrasing) that he runs a tight ship IIRC. Sounds contradictory to me.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 am

Sea Ray wrote:...

Agree with these thoughts. Not clear how the sheriff justifies his previous stance.

Don't appreciate his allowing JA to place herself in the limelight... claiming this was her "constitutional" right. If that's his posture, how has that changed now??? She was already declared a convicted murderer at the time. Her status hasn't changed since the deadlock.

The good thing about her being allowed to approach the media is that Juan may be able to make use of her comments in the next phase of the proceedings.

(BTW, I've also got the spell checker working here. Is it because it's only compatible with certain OSs? FWIW, I'm running Windows 8.)
LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by LorenzoG Fri May 24, 2013 10:45 am

angiefly2 wrote: Someone posted why he allowed the interviews but I can't recall who. To be honest I don't really care for him, Arpaio, that is JMHO. He said some stupid shit about her having her 1st amendment rights and not wanting to violate that. He also said he wanted people to know (paraphrasing) that he runs a tight ship IIRC. Sounds contradictory to me.

In total agreement with the sentiment here.

Kinda suspicious about the sheriff.
LorenzoG
LorenzoG

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Fri May 24, 2013 11:27 am

Just because this jury could not come to some conclusion unanimously, I am not proud of the job that they did - they did not finishtheir job - they quit for a holiday break.

Reminds me of what the CA jury did - let's just get out of here and forget it. and, like that jury, hide from answering questions.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri May 24, 2013 11:49 am

I think that in the end, the DA, The Alexanders and Martinez will all agree to LWOP just to put an end to this. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri May 24, 2013 12:26 pm

I don't think they will do it without the Alexanders agreeing to it.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Jodi Arias Jury Foreman Tells GMA How They Reached Verdict… And Then Didn’t

The jury foreman in the Jodi Arias trial appeared on Good Morning America on Friday, following the most recent development in the case: A hung jury in the death penalty phase. The foreman, William Zervakos, said while he believed Arias was emotionally abused by Travis Alexander, that wasn’t an excuse.

While Zervakos said he didn’t believe Arias’ self-defense story, he did feel that she was emotionally and verbally abused by Alexander. “Now, is that an excuse? Of course, not,” he said. “Does it factor in the decisions that we make? It has to.”

--more@link--
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 12:44 pm

No sentence for Arias; county weighs options

--snip---

Defense attorney Willmott told The Arizona Republic that despite rumors, she and Nurmi intend to stay on the case if the penalty stage is retried.

“I think resolving it without retrying it would be best for everyone involved,” she said.

--video @ link w/ Donovan Bering.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Jodi Arias and her set of rules

To be transparent with our viewers, this whole interview only happened after Jodi Arias laid out her own set of rules. Oralia ortega with more about what had to occur -- before the convicted would speak
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Jodi Arias sentencing: Hung jury in penalty phase
--snip--

Jodi's mother Sandy Arias told FOX 10 she wasn't there because she was told by the court they were only meeting for a jury question -- just like the media was told -- and didn't know a decision had been made.

Troy Hayden talked with Sandy on the phone. He asked, "Are you happy about what happened today?"

Sandy Arias: "I'm not sure. I'm not sure how that's going to affect everything. I don't think they're going to find another jury that's fair. That's for darn sure. People are going to get on there just so they can convict her."

--video @ link

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 pm

I believe the prosecutor will retry the penalty phase of the case. I don't think they will back down at this point. Time will tell.

I agree that from the interview he gave, it sounds like the foreman was one of those holding out against the death penalty. I am disappointed that any of them felt Jodi had been abused by Travis.

I am surprised to hear Wilma say that they will not withdraw. I expected, in light of their earlier motion, to withdraw between now and the status hearing and then have a newly appointed attorney seek additional time to get "up to speed."

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm

One Wonders wrote:elle, thank you for telling me Nurmi was there.
Sheriff Arpaio has now suddenly decided to put a gag on JA??? Really? What about you 2nd admendment Sheriff? I say let her talk. The more she talk's the more her evil come's out. I hope that if this goes to the penalty phase that JM will be able to use her own word's against her.
ellejay wrote:Statement by Sheriff Joe Arpaio:"Because the jury in the Jodi Arias murder trial was hung, Arias will remain as a closed custody inmate in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Estrella Jail. Arias has been in Sheriff Arpaio's care and custody for five years and will stay with MCSO until the judicial system renders a final conclusion as to her fate. As a closed custody inmate, Arias remains in her 7x11 cell for 23 hours a day and Arpaio will no longer permit Arias to give media interviews."

From what I have seen through the media, even before the Arias case, Sheriff Arpaio has always been all over the page in his decisions and running the jail. Very controversial and always flip-flopping with his authority.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next