CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Welp, just relistened to Dunn's interrogations, the girlfriend's, a witness, the 911 calls & the surveillance. Didn't learn anything new from the last time I listened to them. Fortunately, they have the guy and gal witnesses that saw the red Durango speed from where the shots were fired to the other side of the parking lot to get away from the shots - although they didn't put together that the Durango was running to get away - they at least saw that the kids didn't get out and hide a gun or something - because that is what Dunn is going to try and suggest. I don't know what his attorney can be thinking he is going to use as a defense. There wasn't anything in the Durango that could be interpreted as being a weapon - no gun or stick. The ballistics expert should be able to testify that the bullets in the side of the door were straight on and not while the door was ajar or open...so that will blow Dunn's statement that Davis was exiting his vehicle. Just don't see where Dunn's attorney is going to go with this - except hoping for a biased jury like in Trayvon.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Who knows where attys get their ideas. Must be a class defense attys have to go thru....Magical Thinking 101.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sidewinder Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Dunn is another lying POS. He also came to a false assumption and let his rage control his trigger finger. If there was a gun, why wasn't it used against Dunn when he started shooting at the SUV. What a load of BS. This trial starts tomorrow.

JUSTICE FOR JORDAN.

sidewinder

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Okay - does anyone have a link?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-snipped-

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jury selection continues in the Michael Dunn trial.

State Attorney Angela Corey asked a pool of 62 potential jurors about how they feel about firearms and gun ownership. Six of the 62 have concealed weapons permits.

She also asked whether the race and age of victims would influence the jurors' decisions. They all said no.

Judge Russell Healey hopes to have 12 jurors and four alternates seated by the end of the day.

Looks like they are still picking a jury.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:57 pm

I know I read letters that Dunn wrote from jail. I've gone to Phillips' website and he doesn't have them listed - there are several. But I can't find them. Anyone have a link that has all of the letters? Were the jail house calls released?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:58 pm

I think I found the letters...
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Here is code speak from Dunn to his girlfriend - has anyone figured this out?

Hint: 9
TGC TDE TWW HIS HES TIR RTR IA, ZO EHT STA ELN EAA PGG, D RE. HAN . IRI H SI. NEN XA ST.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Hey CN, if you found the letters, would you post them in the library please.
I will go and post the link for docs that ellejay provided yesterday. Thanks.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Here's another secret message:

Secret message for you. Hint: 7

WOKM VSL ALNU ESF NEOC AYI TTWH NOL EYHI DUL DOOL MTE TU O ILR
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:25 pm

OMG - He fancies himself so "handsome" as to be compared to Clark Gable???

"I wonder if I would have been any good at acting. It's funny how you mentioned Clark Gable, thanks for the compliment. When ____ and I first started dating, I had lost some weight and my face was a bit leaner. We would walk through a mall or the park together and she would chuckle at the women doing double takes at us. I would tease her and tell her she is so attractive she even turns the heads of women. Truth is, they were probably just noticing two people very much in love, though she would tease me back by saying I was so handsome."
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Puke
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks for putting the letters in the Library.... Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 11 4152284982 
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Okay - posted the letters. I've made it through the 1st batch. I've read them all before, but it was so long ago...

According to his letters, he is of the belief that LE did not search the area where the kids drove their SUV to get away from Dunn's shooting - so he thinks he can get an acquittal on the fact that the prosecutor will not be able to prove that the kids didn't dump their guns and then come back to the scene of the crime.

What an idiot. If you read through the discovery, you can see that the couple that watched the kids in the SUV pull away from the gun fire, park, two of them got out and opened the back doors to where Davis was at shot - one of them called 911 from a cell phone - and then got bck in the SUV and drove back to the scene of the crime. So Dunn's theory is a miserable fail.

The letters have a substantial amount of text redacted - but it is obvious in some of his letters that he is coaching the girlfriend and telling her what she needs to testify to under the guise of saying to her "I just want to make sure we have our facts straight", yadda yadda. In the girlfriend's interview with LE she tells them that Dunn never told her that he saw a gun or even thought he saw a gun. In his letters, he is trying to convince her that he told her about the gun, or perhaps.... he didn't mention it to her because they were so worried about whether someone had been hurt. Reading the letters would make anyone (a jury member) realize what he is doing - trying to taint his girlfriend's testimony. Which, in my opinion, only makes him look even more guilty that he never thought he saw a gun - that is an after the fact made up story to try and cover his butt.

To me, the case is clear - but after Zimmerman - who knows how a jury will decide.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Dunn in his interview with LE told them that he saw Jordan pick up a gun or stick off floorboard and that he was opening his door at the time he shot at him - I bet that forensics will show that SUV door was closed at time the bullets went through it....at least I hope they used a forensic expert for that purpose.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Jury seated in the Michael Dunn Trial

--snip--

The jury in the Michael Dunn trial, comprised of 12 individuals and four alternates, was seated early Wednesday evening. The16 people are six men and 10 women.

per twitter:

--the jurors are allowed to go home for the evening, report back at 8 a.m. tomorrow to begin sequestration.

--they'll meet in the courthouse at 11, have lunch, opening statements to begin at 12 EST.--LIVE.

--the Judge will allow court on Saturday (they'll discuss it later).

--the jurors will be allowed visitation on Sunday (it had better not be SNEAKY visitation like it was in Piggy's trial!)

--it will be streamed here:

--wildabout trial will also have it, as well as others. i'll post links pre trial tomorrow.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Thank you so much ellejay.....I sure do appreciate you keeping us all up to date. Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 11 973208584 
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sidewinder Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:16 am

CherokeeNative wrote:Dunn in his interview with LE told them that he saw Jordan pick up a gun or stick off floorboard and that he was opening his door at the time he shot at him - I bet that forensics will show that SUV door was closed at time the bullets went through it....at least I hope they used a forensic expert for that purpose.

I wonder if Jordan was wearing a seat belt when he was shot? Dunn also said in part one of his police interview that his window was up and he couldn't hear anything he's saying but there were a lot of f bombs. He said the guy in the back was getting agitated and he doesn't know if they are singing or not and the music comes back on and even though a minute earlier he said he can't hear because his window was up, he hears kill him, kill the bitch. He then puts his window down again and says, are you talking about me?

sidewinder

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:49 am

sidewinder wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:Dunn in his interview with LE told them that he saw Jordan pick up a gun or stick off floorboard and that he was opening his door at the time he shot at him - I bet that forensics will show that SUV door was closed at time the bullets went through it....at least I hope they used a forensic expert for that purpose.

I wonder if Jordan was wearing a seat belt when he was shot? Dunn also said in part one of his police interview that his window was up and he couldn't hear anything he's saying but there were a lot of f bombs. He said the guy in the back was getting agitated and he doesn't know if they are singing or not and the music comes back on and even though a minute earlier he said he can't hear because his window was up, he hears kill him, kill the bitch. He then puts his window down again and says, are you talking about me?

BBM -- the music might have said something like that but still this a**wipe had no right to shoot.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:52 pm

--opening statements at 12 EST (9 PST 10MST 11 CST).

live streams:

--(plus lots of case info here.)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Racially mixed jury for Michael Dunn murder trial picked in secret
--snip--

The 12-person jury and four alternate jurors will hear opening statements Thursday in the first-degree murder trial of Michael David Dunn, 47, accused of killing 17-year-old Jordan Davis in a dispute over loud music.

The jury will be sequestered throughout the trial.

The jury appears to be made up of five white males, five white females, three black women, two Asian women and one Hispanic male. It is not clear who is on the jury, and who are the alternates.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Michael Skolnik ‏@MichaelSkolnik · 2m
John Guy, same lawyer who gave opening statement in George Zimmerman trial, will deliver the opening today for the State. #JordanDavis

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Thank you ellejay
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Jackie Orozco ‏@ReporterJackie · 6m
There's a long line 2get inside the courtroom. The Davis family just walked in. Judge wants everyone in order to be seated #DunnTrial #Fox35

--apparently they're also doing sound checks, OS should be getting underway soon.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Jackie Orozco ‏@ReporterJackie · 1m
Courtroom is packed. Security is tight. Waiting for the judge & defendant to walk in #DunnTrial #fox35

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next