CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby missing 2 weeks

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Baby missing 2 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby missing 2 weeks

Post by ellejay Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dylan Redwine's Father Denies Involvement in 13-Year-Old's Death
July 8,2013.

--snip--

While law enforcement searched a nearby mountainside last week, Redwine was in Indianapolis, handing out fliers to truck drivers so they could look for his child on their routes.

"I was on a mission to take Dylan's story nationally," Redwine tells PEOPLE. "I always held out hope that I would see my son again."

Instead, he received a call no parent wants to hear.

"They needed me to identify some items of interest," Redwine says. He drove 1,400 miles back to Colorado in fewer than 30 hours and met with deputies, who handed him a binder full of photos. While searching in Vallecito Lake, Colo., not even 10 miles from Redwine's home, police had discovered five human bones, which they later confirmed were Dylan's.

"Where's the remaining 98 percent of my son?" Redwine asks, his voice cracking. Police told him wild animals likely ravaged the rest.

War of Words
Police say Dylan's disappearance is an ongoing criminal investigation. But Mark Redwine's ex-wife Elaine, for one, wonders if her former husband had something to do with it.

They appeared on the Dr. Phil show in February and got into a heated exchange, pointing fingers and shouting accusations. "I didn't lose Dylan," Mark said. "Then why is he gone?" Elaine asked. "You have to answer that question. You had him. Where is he?"

Attempts to reach Elaine for this story were unsuccessful. But the couple's eldest son, Cory, 21, also questions his father's role. "Mark is holding the key," Cory told CBS4 in Denver. "We strongly believe that the last person to see Dylan knows the truth."

Mark Redwine says he came home from doing errands last Nov. 19 to find that Dylan – who was visiting for the week – was gone. "The TV was on. There was a bowl and box of cereal out," he recalls. "After a couple of hours, I got concerned."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Man charged in Elaina Steinfurth case held on $250,000 bond

The ex-boyfriend of missing Elaina Steinfurth's mother faced a judge for the first time on charges he lied to investigators about the toddler's disappearance.

23-year-old Steven King's bond was set at $250,000.

Baby Elaina's mom back in court

The mother of missing Elaina Steinfurth was back in court this morning.

But the pre-trial hearing for Angela Steinfurth was re-scheduled for Wednesday August 14, at 9am.

Her attorneys asked the judge for more time to go over evidence in the case.

The 25-year-old Steinfurth has been in jail on charges of obstructing justice.

Her $100,000 bond was continued.

Elaina has been missing since June 2, when she was last seen at a home in East Toledo.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:27 pm

--I should have changed the title of this thread at some point instead of adding cases to it...

--baby levon (whose father said he was stolen off of the front porch and he didn't alert LE for 2 weeks b/c he "didn't want to tip the kidnappers off"....)

‘My son Levon was found'; Child's body removed from Mohawk River

September 6,2013

Ever since 9-month-old Levon Wameling vanished more than three months ago, his father has said he had no idea what happened.

But after Levon’s father, Jevon Wameling, was arrested on burglary charges by state police Thursday, something happened to give Utica police the break that they – and Levon’s mother – had been hoping for.

By the next morning, state police divers recovered from the murky waters of the Mohawk River in North Utica a container with what appears to be an infant’s remains inside, police said.
--more@link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--baby elaina (whose father came to pick her and her sister up for visitation, at the mother's b/f's house------but was said to have been "kidnapped" from her crib....)

Human Remains Found In Ohio Home Where Elaina Steinfurth, Missing Toddler, Last Seen

Sept. 6, 2013

TOLEDO, Ohio — Human remains found in the rafters of a garage are likely that of a toddler last seen about three months ago inside a house on the same property, police said Friday.

Investigators said they found the remains Thursday inside a box that was behind other containers and piles of trash in the detached garage.

An autopsy was being conducted Friday and other forensic tests were scheduled over the weekend to determine if the remains are of 19-month-old Elaina Steinfurth, said Toledo Police Chief Derrick Diggs.

"We found what we believe may be baby Elaina," he said.

The home and the garage belong to the family of a man who had been dating the girl's mother.

Both the mother, Angela Steinfurth, and her now-estranged boyfriend, Steven King II, are in jail and accused of obstructing justice. No charges have been filed since the remains were discovered.
--more@link.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2