CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #2

+25
jodi song
maximus
tuhorses
Sea Ray
jitter
gingerrogers
AuntBella
snowbird
ishi
Madara200
Katie2
CuriousPortlander
buddie
inchworm71
2dogsonly
Phoenician
angiefly2
One Wonders
Nan11
Booklover444
hello clarice
Chickenbutt
Gizmo711
Darkman
gpw
29 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jodi Arias #2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #2

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Nan....we are getting flurries all day and the temp is 12 degrees with a windchill of -2. I can't wait to get to AZ to thaw my feet out!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:36 am

This is what I call cuddle up with a blanket and drink a hot cup of coffee time. I am so over this weather! Jodi Arias #2 - Page 5 2230546374
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenician Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Phoenician....
About the Chickenbutt.....my boys have called me that forever ( they have no respect!) Jodi Arias #2 - Page 5 3394282200
It is related to a song I can never remember the name of....lol.
Anyway, it is a loving nickname that generally gets peoples attention.... Jodi Arias #2 - Page 5 22155654
I am heading to AZ on Friday for a quick trip on Friday. We have a home there that we are currently renting out, but we are so over NY! We are coming home in June!!!
We all look forward to your comments and your insight into this very convoluted case.
btw, I agree with what you said....I think Jodi instigated the contact and Travis, for whatever reasons, could not say no.

We just moved here last August. Loving it this winter, but the summers are brutal! Safe travels.
Phoenician
Phoenician

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenician Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:01 am

I have a couple of questions for the crime watch gang:

1) Since JA has introduced a wide array of testimony about TA's behavior that is not directly related to self-defense, can't the prosecution introduce evidence of JA's psycho behavior? Can't the tire slashing, the stalking, the email hacking, and bank account hacking be introduced to refute her "victim" talk? I mean if they can't introduce that, why is she allowed to make up stuff to villify the victim?

2) I found it interesting the two anecdotes of how Travis and Jodi treated their pets, but can't find the source ... Apparently Jodi kicked the family dog, while Travis reportedly jumped in a swimming pool to save his. Do you have the source for that?

Thanks!
Phoenician
Phoenician

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 am

Phoen.....we lived in AZ for 20+ years then 3 years ago moved here to NY. But we are over it now....lol. Long story but heading home for good in June.

Jodi Arias #2 - Page 5 1714678657 g'nite
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:06 am

It's probably been pointed out before BUT religion should have nothing to do with this murder. Travis didn't deserve to die just because he was "Mormon" and "allegedly sinned" ,JA sinned too Darkman and she did much more than just have sex before marriage.... she brutally murdered Travis, She was also having sex out of wedlock plenty of times with several men (go watch the whole trial in the library)
My main point is that many religions forbid sex before marriage But ones religious background should bare no weight during a murder trial.
He may have been a pig, as you've said, but she is a murderer.
----------------------------------------------------
To all others who have trouble believing that she could drag him (and I hate to say this) he was wet from the shower and very bloody.... that would make him very slippery.

Also JA's new story of abuse is a real smack in the face to people who have experienced real abuse. Call me stupid but when I was abused I never carried around a knife nor a gun. There are things called restraining orders and that's what I did along with moving so the guy couldn't find me. This bitch drove out of her way, took out the battery from her cellphone etc.... She didn't have to go to his house. She has had 5 years to concoct this new story and her male attorney deals with domestic violence (it's his specialty)
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is mine.

ETA: I bet we will see her on an episode of snapped.... Just saying.

Last edited by angiefly2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:13 am

Phoenician wrote:I have a couple of questions for the crime watch gang:

1) Since JA has introduced a wide array of testimony about TA's behavior that is not directly related to self-defense, can't the prosecution introduce evidence of JA's psycho behavior? Can't the tire slashing, the stalking, the email hacking, and bank account hacking be introduced to refute her "victim" talk? I mean if they can't introduce that, why is she allowed to make up stuff to villify the victim?

2) I found it interesting the two anecdotes of how Travis and Jodi treated their pets, but can't find the source ... Apparently Jodi kicked the family dog, while Travis reportedly jumped in a swimming pool to save his. Do you have the source for that?

Thanks!

They wont be able to bring up the tire slashing because a police report was not made, no charges were ever brought upon Jodi. As for the rest, I'm not too sure, alot of that may have gone on behind closed hearings and decided upon. But I'm sure that Martinez will bring on rebuttle witnesses to refute all that abuse syndrome. Even though I doubt that the jury is buying it. I haven't heard one thing that Jodi has said yet that would have brought her to murdering Travis, and I doubt that anything can be said.

What troubles me is that Jodi is allowed to make up stories and present it to the jury, when Travis cannot, even though there were witnesses (like the tire slashing) even though no one actually saw her do it, we know it did happen and know who did it. Whereas Jodi's so called abuse was never seen by anyone, she never had a mark on her and none of his previous girlfriends ever saw that side of him.

As for the "finger", it is obviously broken or could be a ripped tenden, however, I would like to hear from someone, that she had it prior to the day of the killing. I think it is obvious that it happened during the murder, and will probably be proven by Martinez.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:14 am

Good morning Nan,

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 am

I too was wondering why the $699.00, it seemed that it was more of a bill for something rather than a loan to Travis.

You could be very right, that it was for the slashed tires. I hope the prosecutor looks into that.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 am

Somethings I don't understand why the defense is bringing up, most is more detrimental that good for Jodi. However, if Nurmi thinks that Martinez is going to bring it up then what Nurmi is trying to do is get it out there first.

The defense knows that the prosecution gets the last say so, so Nurmi is going to bleed Jodi for everything possible.

All this defense wants to do is make themselves a name as "high profile attorny's", then they become famous and up their fees.

I too do not see Travis borrowing money from Jodi. Jodi was broke and destitute, Travis was even giving her some work to get her by with.

He sold her a car with her making payments. The fact that she claimed to have a friend that wanted to buy the car for 4500 but Travis wanted more, is rediculous. Anyone would take the sure 4500 vs payments that Jodi might or might not make. I'm certain that Jodi was the one that begged him for that car because she had to turn her car in and her credit was shot (as she herself stated) . It's all BS, every word out of her mouth has been twisted from the truth, every single word.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 am

Jodi cannot say temporary insanity at this late date. She has already said self defense. She cannot change her mind midway thru trial.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenician Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:56 pm

The Arizona self-defense statute is pretty narrow. As I recall, there are two elements (sorry for paraphrasing):

1) The likelihood of death must be imminent. I don't even think that someone yelling at you or even hitting or pushing you would trigger the "likelihood of death" element (despite all her wooden spoon spankings that conditioned her to fear for her life ... LOL)

2) The response must be proportional to the threat and go no further. It seems that since Travis was in the shower, naked, and essentially trapped in the bathroom that Jodi could have simply run out of the bathroom and out of the house. He could not have followed her out of the house, obviously. She stayed in the bathroom and somehow (despite her claims of being attacked) managed to pull out a knife and a gun and brutally kill TA. Yet she suffered no known injuries herself, other than the finger cuts, which she says were from another incident of "abuse." Ryan Burns testimony is vital. There were no marks on her face or neck showing TA had hit her or attempted to choke her. She had no broken bones. The damage done to TA in response to his so-called "attack" was SO disproportional to even anything JA has made up. The fact that someone once allegedly kicked your hand, does not give you the right to kill them.

The jury needs to stick to these facts, and this definition of self-defense. They should not attempt to equate psychological abuse or hurt feelings with actual threatening of life.

This was obviously a revenge killing, not self-defense.
Phoenician
Phoenician

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenician Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Nan11 wrote:
The story of Travis jumping in the swimming pool to save his dog came from Arais, herself. I believe it was fairly early in her testimony--not this past week, but the week prior to that. He had gone to visit her at her home--the pool was in her back yard. I can't remember why she was revealing this--but the fact that it was in her home perhaps suggests that it may be better left unsaid, anyway.

The other incident about her kicking a dog in the head--I vaguely remember hearing that myself, but I believe she told Det. Flores that story in one of her police interviews.

(Sorry I don't have actual links for these incidents. They are somewhere in the trial links that CB adds to the library thread. Be prepared--there are quite a few of them.)

These are just a few thoughts of my own, hopefully someone who knows more will jump in. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks. I've always believed you can tell a lot about people by how they treat animals. There is another story circulating about how Jodi was supposed to watch somebody's cats, and totally neglected them. They almost starved to death.
Phoenician
Phoenician

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next