CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 15 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:03 pm

So do I CB - I truly believe that insinuations should not be allowed in a court of law. It is the stigma that black kids are "thugs" that is so completely unfair in our society. If this kid was a white kid, this defense attorney would not be going this route - he would have had Dunn make a plea deal. That's the ugly truth about our society.

I think the kid held up well. Stolla tried to trip him up a couple times but the kid held true to his testimony.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 15 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Did they break for lunch? I am telecommuting and having to jump from one screen to another -  Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 15 2131879744 
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Yes they broke for lunch. Back at 1pm est....11:00 for us.
I think he held up well too. Wonder what happened to his written statement?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Did I screw up the return time or are they just late?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:06 pm

Michael Dunn Trial - Day 2 - Part 1

Michael Dunn Trial - Day 2 - Part 2

Michael Dunn Trial - Day 2 - Part 3

--thanks to croakerqueen.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:07 pm

--Jordan's best friend Leland Brunson up.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:09 pm

thank you....needed to refresh
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:24 pm

I know what I don't like about the prosecutors' style of examination. He could ask questions that would allow the witness to give more information instead of these yes and no answers and one word descriptions. It would be much more effective for the jury if they would let the witness explain what occurred in their own words. MOO
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:37 pm

What???? This kid is saying that Jordan was going to get out of the car?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:51 pm

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax · 1m
BREAKING: #DunnTrial will continue on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:52 pm

--what a jerk strolla is, he and dunn make the perfect pair, arrogant bullies.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:02 pm

I don't think it matters one bit what Jordan tried to do...he never got out of the car, he never posed a threat to Dunn and Dunn was not defending himself....
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Are they just having a side bar, or what did Guy say?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan · 5s
Brunson glared at dunn as he got off witness stand and left courtroom. #DunnTrial

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:04 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Are they just having a side bar, or what did Guy say?

--I couldn't hear what john guy said, but it does look like they're @ sidebar.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Saturday too? Wow - that's great. I can hardly stand to listen to Stolla and then when they put the camera on Dunn, Ugh. Can't believe someone says he looks like Clark Gable - are you kidding me?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:09 pm

--strolla is such a pig, grilling these boys on why they didn't call 911 immediately. ---ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe b/c they were in shock and freaked out that they had just been shot at numerous times, Jordan was laying there gasping for breath...

--or,what should have they done strolla? NOT call 911 at all,fled the scene and gone and ordered a pizza?
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

I realize that the prosecution doesn't want to open the door to allowing the defense the chance to go on a fishing trip in cross-examination, but I am really against this yes and no type of examination. We don't do it that way. Maybe that is what helps to confuse the jury - they are unable to see and get a feeling of what the witness was experiencing when they are questioned like this. I understand the legal reasoning, but they need to modify their style. Rant over for now LOL
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:12 pm

John Guy said he had something to discuss outside the jury and they were called to a sidebar. Then I stepped away. Maybe it was more involved and the judge wanted to jury out of the room? But then why aren't we seeing it? I dunno
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:12 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Saturday too?  Wow - that's great.  I can hardly stand to listen to Stolla and then when they put the camera on Dunn, Ugh.  Can't believe someone says he looks like Clark Gable - are you kidding me?

--no kidding.

--dunn Sr. looks like he has entitlement attitude too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:18 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:I realize that the prosecution doesn't want to open the door to allowing the defense the chance to go on a fishing trip in cross-examination, but I am really against this yes and no type of examination.  We don't do it that way.  Maybe that is what helps to confuse the jury - they are unable to see and get a feeling of what the witness was experiencing when they are questioned like this.  I understand the legal reasoning, but they need to modify their style.  Rant over for now LOL

--agree. I wish they'd let the boys elaborate somewhat and just tell their (heartbreaking) account of what went down.

--so what if strolla gets them to admit that yes Jordan was cursing at dunn, or had his hand on the door handle etc-------dunn was in his car, if he didn't like the music, didn't appreciate being "talked to like that" or anything else---------drive away. he had absolutely no reason to open fire, and then to continue! to fire at the Durango as IT was trying to get away from him.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:21 pm

anne schindler ‏@schindy · 15m
family of #jordandavis wiped tears after testimony of #JordanDavis' best friend. A couple jurors (4&12) also appeared moved. #dunntrial

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:22 pm

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan · 11m
Looks like we're not leaving courtroom. Guy and strolla left to take care of something.#DunnTrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan · 4m
Lawyers all come back to courtroom and go to sidebar with healey. #DunnTrial

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:26 pm

the jury wanted to work on Sunday too! wow!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:41 pm

These poor boys....I can't imagine the fear they must have felt. So young to be in such a position.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next