CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 27 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 27 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by Athena Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Question: I did not follow much of this pre-trial. Is there a reason that the jailhouse letters were not submitted and testified to?
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 27 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:17 pm

justthefactsforjustice wrote:Again Cherokee  it is still very possible that the bendy and stick request was made to determine trajectory as it related to the other three occupants.

Glass Half full

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 27 2637895743 
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Athena wrote:Question:  I did not follow much of this pre-trial.  Is there a reason that the jailhouse letters were not submitted and testified to?

We did not get to view the trial proceedings involving the motions in limine so I have no clue why some stuff came in and other stuff didn't. Some of the letters made it, but I am unclear on which ones. In fact, there are letters we haven't seen - the one they wanted to know when it was written was apparently "typed" and we haven't seen a "typed" letter - how could Dunn have typed a letter while in jail?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Taking my meds and closing my laptop for the night - I'll see everyone in the morning where we will hopefully have a verdict we can feel good about.

Good night friends - May you dream the dreams of Angels where all your worries cease whilst you sleep, full of love, contentment & peace..
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:32 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
Cleos_mum wrote:@ CN  I'm really frustrated . . . I thought this would be a three hour verdict at the most. I'm worried, because it's FL and their track record in two very large cases (CA & GZ) are two of the biggest FAILS I've ever seen. I sure hope they don't do it again.

Oh Cleo - you have no idea how big the lump is in my stomach.  The questions they are asking makes me think that they are trying to figure a way to find this jerk not guilty.  This, in my mind, is a clear case of Murder 1 as was the GZ and CA cases.  I just don't understand what is wrong with the people in Florida.   Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 27 1112333598 

I know exactly how you're feeling. After hearing what his neighbor had to say about Dunn on HLN tonight, I'm even more sure that Dunn is completely defective and very dangerous. Also, I think that for every one of these haters that gets away with murder, a few more nut cases will come out of the woodwork and be emboldened to act out their own sick fantasies. So, I hope this jury convicts MD 1) because he's so damned guilty and 2) so that it might discourage others who think they might get away with murder.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:44 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
justthefactsforjustice wrote:Ask any one of the Parents of the other three however and im sure they would feel that their sons were lucky not to be hurt or killed and fell that just the fact that a weapon was used in an attempt is evidence enough so don't read anything bad into the thought processes I post
Feedback Welcome

I am hoping your faith is correct Just.  With each question, I have been trying to justify how the jurors are just weighing the evidence as they go through the charges - but the request for the bendable mannequin and the rods did it for me.  To me, that meant that someone or all of them are questioning the bullet trajectory and position of Jordon when he was shot.  I believe the medical examiner explained this issue extremely well and it proved without a doubt that Jordan was sitting in the vehicle when he was shot - no doubts.  So, why the hell do you need these demonstrative aids in the jury room?  Because they are going to try and recreate the scene - something that they are not supposed to do.  But worse, it means they are questioning what the medical examiner told them.  What they should realize is that if there was another way it could have happened OTHER than what the medical examiner has told them, the defense would have had their own expert up there showing it to them - that the defense did not have an expert to do that tells you that the defense couldn't find an expert that would disagree with her.  And, in my opinion, these jurors should have been able to walk in that room and without reservation been able to vote Murder 1 - that they need to try and recreate the scene tells me they are anywhere but in agreement on Murder 1.

ITA, and I think that the jurors don't follow trials like we do or study criminal law and have no idea what it means when the defense doesn't bring an expert to refute the MEs findings. I think that's part of the problem with a lot of these verdicts that fail to deliver justice. The jurors are ignorant of these matters of evidence, witnesses, and the laws. They're just 12 people who were practically picked off the street and aren't qualified to be making these decisions that are put on them. They have no training in the areas that matter in a trial. How many times have we seen a jury come out after letting some murderer walk free and then go, "Oh, I didn't know that . . . " or "We thought this or that, but we were mistaken. Oh, well . . . "

If these jurors let Dunn walk away free, I don't know if I'll ever get worked up about another trial again. I mean it this time.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by sidewinder Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:08 am

I have a question. If Dunn and Rhonda had been married, would she have been allowed to testify, would she have been able to testify to what he said and didn't say?

sidewinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Just got home....had to take a friend to the airport at the buttcrack of dawn....lol. I see no verdict yet.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Just got home....had to take a friend to the airport at the buttcrack of dawn....lol. I see no verdict yet.

--yep, they've been deliberating now for approx. 13 1/2 hrs---what's taking them so long????????
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:44 pm

I dunno elle...making me very nervous.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:05 pm

HLN says jury has gone to lunch and not deliberating
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Sunny Hosten says that they have been banned from the courtroom while the jury deliberates. Someone heard "loud voices" from the jury room.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:08 pm

30 minutes lead time on the verdict when they reach a decision. Lots of LE around the courthouse.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Talking heads say the arguing is good for the defense. At least you know that someone is not agreeing.
Linda Kenny Baden is on HLN......yuck
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:46 pm

gotta go get kids....freakin early release AGAIN...someone keep watch please. I just know the verdict will come in while I'm gone.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sidewinder Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:51 pm

grrrrrrr.

sidewinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Waiting . . . waiting . . . tick tock. I dusted off my crystal ball, and I  have a feeling that the verdict will come today. Could be just wishful thinking.  Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 27 2488575162 

I never thought they'd be deliberating this long. Somebody on HLN, Linda KB, IIRC, said that she thinks that they are attempting to re-enact the crime which is why they wanted Mr. Bendy. She said that today's jurors want to figure out what happened for themselves, not just be told what happened by lawyers.

My head spun around three times. As far as I can remember, that's not what they're supposed to do, come up with their own theories of the crime. Aren't they only supposed to consider the evidence and testimony presented in the trial?

Most jurors aren't qualified investigators and are just as likely to arrive at wrong interpretations. That's why the attorneys hire "expert witnesses" to explain the evidence. So, if there are 12 people re-investigating the evidence and coming to varying interpretations, that would explain why they are taking so long.

I think they should be weighing what evidence they believe or don't believe, not trying to come up with new scenarios that weren't presented. That thought scares me.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:42 pm

--I agree completely Cleo's mum.

--it should be spelled out LOUD and CLEAR in the jury instructions that they are to consider the testimony/evidence presented ONLY in arriving at their verdict.

--and, that they are NOT to conduct their own experiments/re-creations of the crime etc etc.

--I read a post somewhere yesterday that stated that once the jurors were denied "Bendy" one of the jurors may have filled in for the dummy, positioning himself/herself this way and that to try and figure out the trajectories on their own anyway.

--I'm praying that we don't have another bunch of idiots on this jury!
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Ellejay, Yes I pray that, too. I don't think that the Jury Instructions emphasized those points enough at all. Seems like it needs to be in big, bold print on the first page. I really have to wonder if that's what they're doing. I fear it may be.

Deliberating over 15 hours now is not a good sign, IMO. I'm feeling pretty discouraged about the possibility that they might be off on their own tangent in their deliberations and come up with a goofy verdict.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by axpm Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm worried. I feel this is taking too long and they were effective in getting like minded people on this jury who see the world as Dunn does. A hung jury won't matter. The next jury will be exactly the same. Uggh! I hate being negative. I want so bad to be wrong about this.

axpm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Yep, axpm . . . that's what I'm thinking, too. The defense's "story" about "I saw a gun, I wasn't going to let them kill me," and bringing in the "thug" word, and the gansta speak lies, all that stuff, panders to the fear that some white people have of young black males. I think they try to make that fear the basis of their case. There were bound to be one or two or more white people on the jury who harbor fear and bias. All the defense had to do was to appeal to that to get those people to say, "Yeah, that's right. I'd be scared out of my wits, too. He had to defend himself." Instead of objectively looking at what the evidence proves, they buy into their fear and sympathize with the lying murderer.

It makes me sick. I don't know how rational sense can overcome that, if that's what's happening in the jury.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:38 pm

I was hoping there would be a verdict by the time I got back home. WTF... this is Florida so I guess they can't tell black/white or white/black.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Florida is pathetic. (Born and raised there, so I reserve my right to say that.)
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:12 pm

I am praying the jury is arguing over the charge and not going to let him go...
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Me, too. I can't imagine what's taking so long.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next