CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by owlsharkny Tue May 21, 2013 12:52 pm

papapi wrote:
owlsharkny wrote:Someone mentioned that they were torn about the death penalty and that Jodi has them rethinking their position. Couldn't find the post, sorry.

I have the same problem - being torn. I think in this case, since the only option is life in general population or death and waiting in solitary .. hmm - she deserves death.

But, IF I had my way, I would opt for a Life in Solitary penalty.
Of course, some lawyer would say that it was "cruel and unusual".

But, how much more cruel are killers who torture their victims the way that Jodi and others did? Would those attorneys prefer that we do to them what they did to their victims?

and, re "unusual" - it's only unusual because we don't have that option now. We could make it usual.

And, then, we wouldn't have to pay for the appeals that they get automatically when sentenced to death. they would have to pay for their own - which would be fine with me.

It was me. I personally don't support the death penalty, but I live with the reality that it exists. I would argue extended solitary confinement is cruel and unusual punishment based on the premise, long studied, that solitary confinement over a long period of time is likely to cause insanity. I think that is enough to support not sentencing someone to a life of solitary confinement.

I've read that, too. But, Jodi and others we sentence to death, start out "crazy" to some degree anyway. It would be passive torture and I don't believe in torture - until Jodi and Jeff Dahlmer and I would have thought it a good idea for Casey Anthony if she had been convicted.

I don't think Jodi could be trusted in General population, because as soon as some other inmate refused to honor her and behave as she wanted, Jodi would lose control and who knows what she'd do. She doesn't deserve the right to be around other people who are there for drug charges, burglary and felony DUI.

Of course, a modified solitary confinement where they could have more reading material and be able to talk to the people in the same cell block .. maybe, I should call "isolated confinement" - meaning isolated from the normal prison population but not as severe as a cement cell with no windows or talking to others.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Belle Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Mornin All, happy day for Ang, chair dancin for ya girl, congrats, you rock and sweet as pecan pie... happy, happy, good news is always refreshing. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 2308263648 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 326135494
Nell Belle
Nell Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 pm

owlsharkny wrote:I do feel sorry for Nurmi. He's been trying to get off this case for five years and the judge refused all along to remove him. Poor guy.

--although he has been trying to withdraw a number of times, it hasn't been 'for 5 years'.

--it was 2/25/2011 when he announced that he was going into private practise, and wanted off the case to devote his time to that. a hearing was held 3/8/2011, the judge denied his motion, saying that it would take too long to bring someone new up to speed, and that he would have to remain on and would be paid $250/hour for his time.

--after seeing him in action, trashing the victim nonstop and being disrespectful on a daily basis, I don't feel a drop of pity for him.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 1:00 pm

One Wonders wrote:LOL LLL, did it give you the heeby geeby's there for a minute?
LiveLaughLove wrote:
Nan11 wrote:
One Wonders wrote:Thank you Nan, It was playing when I got to it and the last thing he said was "when I left Jodi". Haven't we heard they she supposedly left him?
I'm having that problem, too, One. Thank you for mentioning it--I was wondering if it was only me. Laughing

I'm going back to reduce it to a link!

Yep, it ws quite a convoluted story, but I believe during her testimony she did imply that she had left him.

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 22155654

I didn't know where those voices were coming from...LMAO

I came into this forum, all of a sudden I hear a man's voice talking Jodi...I was like :eek: Where is this video..

Ummm, YES..I couldn't find where those voices were coming from..

I thought I entered the twilight zone...Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 22155654
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 1:01 pm

--Congratulations angie girl!!!!!!!
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 1:04 pm

ellejay wrote:
owlsharkny wrote:I do feel sorry for Nurmi. He's been trying to get off this case for five years and the judge refused all along to remove him. Poor guy.

--although he has been trying to withdraw a number of times, it hasn't been 'for 5 years'.

--it was 2/25/2011 when he announced that he was going into private practise, and wanted off the case to devote his time to that. a hearing was held 3/8/2011, the judge denied his motion, saying that it would take too long to bring someone new up to speed, and that he would have to remain on and would be paid $250/hour for his time.

--after seeing him in action, trashing the victim nonstop and being disrespectful on a daily basis, I don't feel a drop of pity for him.

I have no empathy for either counsel or their client.

They made a mockery out of this DV abuse allegations...

They kept her on the stand too long, which was a strategic move on their part but blew up in their faces. Keeping her there so long, with no true emotions for what she's done, worked against their client.

They should have taken the reins in this trial and now allow their client to lead them around by their noses..Nurmi appeared to be getting off sexually on all that anal sex talk..Wonder if he went home and asked his wife to help him act this out, so he could get a feel of the deviancy in it all..Razz
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Belle Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Prayin for the folks in OK, heartbreaking the babies drowned in the basement, that makes me even more angry at this wench, for some reason, I think of the innocent babies dying wanting their mamas and no hope. Get this wench outta here, she has spent so much $$$ on her BS, we could have done so much for people in need. I watched that tornado live on tv and was frozen with fear for the community, then you see this wench toying with people.
Nell Belle
Nell Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Tue May 21, 2013 1:09 pm

ellejay wrote:

first, thank you for the time correction ...

As I said, I came late to the party... the WHOLE party - came in during Prosecutor's closing - and have tried to catch up but did not see Nurmi's work throughout, so have a different view of him

I do feel badly for anyone that it close to Jodi for any reason, it must be the worse punishment imaginable. I would be looking for a way to stop that pain ... but would probably opt for killing her myself than for killing me.

$250 hr is about 1/2 of what unknown defense attys get in Phoenix for criminal cases such as DUI, burg, ect. so, that's no big deal.

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 1:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting appeal in Arizona..

Didn't get what he wanted....I think the same will happen with Jodi as long as she is sentenced to LWOP..

If they sentence her to death, her appeals is automatic..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Nan11 wrote:
LiveLaughLove wrote:Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 22155654

I didn't know where those voices were coming from...LMAO

I came into this forum, all of a sudden I hear a man's voice talking Jodi...I was like :eek: Where is this video..
I'm so sorry for that!

I know it is not funny, but you all are making me life. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 3294953266

(And I kind of needed a laugh, so thank you.)

It was funny, if you could have seen the look on my face..Razz

It certainly did wake me up..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Jason Lamm said Sources tell me #JodiArias has 10 page statement to read to jury and a PowerPoint presentation with photos....Oh boy smh"
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by owlsharkny Tue May 21, 2013 1:32 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:Jason Lamm said Sources tell me #JodiArias has 10 page statement to read to jury and a PowerPoint presentation with photos....Oh boy smh"

When does the orchestra arrive??

owlsharkny

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Just read on twitter. Sandy Arias could not testify due to her helping Jodi with those fraudulent letters..and I was feeling sorry for her mother.......
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 1m
Arias just walked in. Everyone just went into chambers--Arias, attorneys, and members od Alexander's family. #jodiarias

No Donovan...wonder if she got violated...
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue May 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Jodi kills me when she says she wants death because it's the ultimate freedom and she rather have it sooner than later. Doesn't she realize yet, that she is going straight to hell. Unless she thinks thats going to be freedom for her.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Tue May 21, 2013 2:30 pm

LiveLaughLove wrote:Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 1m
Arias just walked in. Everyone just went into chambers--Arias, attorneys, and members od Alexander's family. #jodiarias

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 161793503 Hi everybody! Just showing up to share the (hopefully) last day of this trial with you guys! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 3366279209

BBM: I don't think Donovan's been violated in years. LOL!
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue May 21, 2013 2:30 pm

I hope Nurmi isn't thinking that this is making him look good for his new and upcoming private practice. All it shows is that when the going gets tuff, Nurmi will bail on you.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue May 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Cleos_mum wrote:

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 161793503 Hi everybody! Just showing up to share the (hopefully) last day of this trial with you guys! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 3366279209

maybe in her dreams ... Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 22155654

Last edited by papapi on Tue May 21, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote tags)

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Looks like everybody's over on chat. I'm heading over there.
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Tue May 21, 2013 2:35 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
Cleos_mum wrote:

maybe in her dreams ... Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 22155654

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 12 773772895 LOL!

Last edited by papapi on Tue May 21, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote tags)
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next