CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 13 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Sea Ray Tue May 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Why would anyone spend money for that boring t-shirt? It's just white with blue lettering that says "survivor"?

I figured that she wouldn't ask for life despite the spin of the so called experts on HLN. I now expect the jury to come back with life.
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Tue May 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Congratulations, AngieFly2! Jodi Arias #4 - Page 13 407633263 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 13 1919835481

Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleos_mum Tue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Last night I looked at the autopsy and crime scene photos again. I think Juan needs to remind the jury about what she did to this man. She had no mercy for him or his family. She didn't care about what "good acts" he had ahead of him or how he could help others with over the course of his life. There isn't one thing she said or has to offer that should save her from being euthanized. Compared to the life she stole and the lives she's ruined, the world would be a better place without this person. She has no redeeming qualities, IMO.

Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 4:07 pm

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15
#JuanMartinez will give a presser 90 minutes after the verdict is announced. Each media member will have a chance to speak with him
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm

#travisalexander family is expected to also make a post verdict statement. No word yet on #jodiarias family
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Media will also get a chance to interview #jodiarias jurors post verdict.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 4:12 pm

--who won the handcuffs papapi??

•In 18 minute speech, Arias asks jurors not to give her the death penalty

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jodi Arias: Spare me

Arias told the jury that killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander was the worst thing she has ever done, and that she's still horrified by the violence she is capable of.

“Either way, I’m going to spend the rest of my life in prison. It’ll either be shortened or not. If it’s shortened, the people who will hurt the most is my family. I’m asking you please, please don’t do that to them. I’ve already hurt them so badly along with so many other people. I want everyone’s healing to begin and I want everyone’s pain to stop," said Arias.

Arias' voice cracked and she choked back tears as she told the jurors she would never become a mother, but said that despite spending the rest of her life in prison, her life would still have value to society.

"If I get permission, I’d like to implement a recycling program… each week, huge loads of waste are hauled off to landfill. A substantial proportion of that could be kept out of landfill and recycled instead. It may even create new jobs for the people there. This is one small thing that could have a positive and far-reaching impact on the community and planet,” said Arias. “I’d like to start a book club or reading group. Something that brings people together in a positive and constructive way so that we can share and recommend other good books and stimulate discussions of a higher nature.”

Court has recessed for lunch, and when court resumes at 4:15 p.m. ET, the attorneys for both sides will give their closing arguments.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 4:12 pm

==accckkkk!

--I just noticed my cool handcuffs!!!!!!
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue May 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Jodi Arias Death Penalty Phase- Day 3

Part 1

Part 2
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cleos_mum Tue May 21, 2013 4:28 pm

HLN is replaying the killer's statement to the jury. She's really naive to think that the 19 minutes of inane prattle is going to save her. I can't even believe that she put on that show about recycled garbage, teaching language, a computer font on a crappy tee shirt, and donating her hair. And the show and tell about her family photos and boyfriends. "Sometimes we didn't have electricity or heat." Jodi Arias #4 - Page 13 3247107148 Her pity party wasn't impressive. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 13 4096439949

Last edited by Cleos_mum on Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cleos_mum
Cleos_mum

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 4:28 pm

angiefly2 wrote:Jodi Arias Death Penalty Phase- Day 3

--thanks angie girl! I missed the entire dramarama this morning.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 pm

One Wonders wrote:Once again I have to ask. Did I win the cuff's today for something?

--your guesstimate on how long stabby would prattle on must have been close to the 18/19 minutes.

--I have cuffs too, my guess was 25 minutes.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Tue May 21, 2013 4:31 pm

One Wonders wrote:Once again I have to ask. Did I win the cuff's today for something?

Yes, for being a loyal chatterbox. Congratulations!
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue May 21, 2013 4:42 pm

According to the Master of Awards......all of the loyal participants in chat got the chat award......

Some of us will never win awards (me) and this is our (my) only chance to have something pretty. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 13 22155654

Do we get them forever or only a week I wonder
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Tue May 21, 2013 4:45 pm

In her final words to jurors today before they decide her punishment for murder, Jodi Arias clicked through a photo slideshow, quoted Dickens and used props as she begged them to spare her life for her family's sake.

Arias, 32, was convicted earlier this month of murdering her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in 2008. The prosecution has argued that the murder was particularly cruel and warrants the death penalty, noting that Arias stabbed Alexander, slashed his throat, and shot him in the head.

Arias' attorneys presented no witnesses to testify on her behalf this week in the "mitigating phase" of the trial, in which they asked the jury to sentence her with leniency.

The jury will begin deliberating this afternoon whether to sentence Arias to life in prison or the death penalty.

Dressed in all black and wearing glasses, Arias told the jury that, though she previously said to reporters and others that she would prefer the death penalty, she no longer felt that way.

"I have made statements that I would prefer death, but I lacked perspective," Arias told the jurors.

"To me, life in prison was the most unappealing outcome I could think of," she said. "I thought I'd rather die.

"But as I stand here now, I can't ask you to sentence me to death because of them," she added, pointing in the direction of her family.

"Either way, I'm going to spend rest of my life in prison," she said. "It will either be shortened or not. If it is shortened, the people that will be hurt the most will be my family. Please don't do that to them. I've already hurt them so much, and I want everyone's pain to stop."

Arias used most of her allocution statement to try and show the jury details of her life before the murder, clicking through a slideshow of photos from her childhood, family life and relationships with ex-boyfriends.

"When I was little, my mom took a lot of pictures of me. I was the first child," she said.

"Here I am with Bobby, in our dirty little house," she added. "We didn't have power or heat. In the winter we could see our breath. My parents didn't support this relationship. I'm reminded of that Charles Dickens quote, 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.'"

Arias attempted to convince the jury to send her to prison so she would have an opportunity to contribute to society. She said that since she has been under arrest, she has come up with ways to be useful in jail, such as donating her hair to Locks of Love and coming up with a plan for recycling at the local jail.

"If I'm allowed to live in prison, I will continue to donate for the rest of my life," Arias said, noting that she has donated her hair three times to the charity.

"If I get permission, I could start a recycling program for the huge loads of waste taken to the landfill," she added. "It could create new jobs and have a far-reaching impact on the planet."

Arias showed the jury her artwork, including paintings of Elvis and her niece, as part of her slideshow, and held up a t-shirt with the word "survivor" on it that she designed and is selling, noting that profits of the sale of the t-shirt are going to domestic violence victims.

"I'm supporting this cause because it's very, very important to me. Some people do not believe I'm a victim of domestic abuse but that's OK," she said. "I've never been to prison but I think I could find other ways to contribute there."

Arias said that if she were sentenced to life in prison, she hoped to start a book club and help teach fellow inmates how to read.

"You've heard before I'm an artist. I'll never create another oil painting, but these are some of my paintings," she said.

Clicking through to the next slide, she added, "My family and I have a lot of memories. We won't be creating any more of these together."

She also referred to the family members of Alexander, who spoke last week to the jury during victim impact statements.

"I never meant to cause them so much pain," she said, pointing to Alexander's family.
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Tue May 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:According to the Master of Awards......all of the loyal participants in chat got the chat award......

Some of us will never win awards (me) and this is our (my) only chance to have something pretty. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 13 22155654

Good grief. I try to be nice and what do I get? More questions than Juan Martinez posed to Jodi Arias... geez.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue May 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Shall we count the lies;

"before that dreadful day I didn't think I was capable of doing such a thing" BEFORE THAT DREADFUL DAY? is she forgetting that the jury found her guilty of premeditation? So it was way before that dreadful day that she was capable of planning such a thing and carrying it out.

"whether you believe me or not, I am an abused woman". It was poven that this murder was NOT self defense in any form at all.

Her display of her t-shirts "survivor" another ploy to make herself look like she was an abused woman.

Then she says that people in prison are illiterate and she can teach them. Teach them what? How to kill.

They just may be able to teach her a few things.

Jodi is not giving up, still looking for sympathy but I doubt that she is going to get any

I see the death penalty heading her way.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Tue May 21, 2013 4:53 pm

One Wonders wrote:You crack me up, lol.
Chickenbutt wrote:According to the Master of Awards......all of the loyal participants in chat got the chat award......

Now CB's challenge is to get rid of that "WHINER" award and win something for real. It stays until she can guess something right. *wink* Razz
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue May 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Oh Papapi.....I love you being nice! Please, I wasn't asking, I was just wondering.....I would never want to burden you with inane questions (tho I probably do all the time)
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm

One Wonders wrote:Bold and Underlined By Me
If I'm not mistaking there is only one automatic appeal right after sentencing that has to be filed in 30 day's. If she want's to continue she will have to fund it, use an inmate with some legal knowledge or gain some legal knowledge herself and do her own appeals.

Mind you, I'm just a person who really know's nothing, lol. I could be all kind's of a fruitcake.

Why would she have to fund it on her own? Why wouldn't she continue to get state funded defense?
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next