CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bashara General Discussion Thread

+10
Katie2
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
One Wonders
Darkman
snowbird
angiefly2
ellejay
Chickenbutt
CherokeeNative
14 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Bashara General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Bashara General Discussion Thread

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:28 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Bob Bashara, original lawyers expected back in court today

--snipped--

The two members of the original defense team representing Bashara in the case, attorneys David Griem and Christina Utley, are expected to be in court this morning, Utley said.

"We have to go in front of court ... to do a substitution," she said.

But Bashara's new attorney, Mark Kriger, said it's unlikely he'll be there because he is involved in an ongoing federal trial.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Bashara General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Bashara General Discussion Thread

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:57 am

Bob Bashara gets new lawyer, arraignment postponed

--snipped--

Bob Bashara has a new attorney. A Wayne County Circuit Court judge allowed his legal team to withdraw from the case, according to reports.

Bashara was to be arraigned Tuesday on a charge of solicitation to murder, but Circuit Court Judge Bruce Morrow adjourned the case until August 7 to accommodate Bashara's new attorney, Mark Kriger, who has been unavailable due to a pending federal trial.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Bob Bashara's ex-attorney says Bashara will likely be charged in connection with wife's death
--snipped--

Attorney David Griem says it appears that is the direction in which prosecutors are moving based on subpoenas that have been sent out.

"He will be charged in his wife's murder," Griem said. "There is going to be a second case guaranteed."
~~
Griem says he spoke to Bashara at length over the weekend.

"He understands he needs to go to war twice," Griem said. "He knows that one case is on the docket, and he's ready to defend himself."

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:27 pm

Bob Bashara to testify in own defense, his ex-attorney says

--snipped--

Bob Bashara wants to tell his side of the story and plans to testify in his own defense, his former attorney David Griem said this morning after a brief appearance in Wayne County Circuit Court.

“He’s always had a desire to have his story be heard,” Griem said. He did not shed any light on what that story will be.

But Griem said prosecutors are “overwhelming favorites” in the case, adding that Las Vegas odds-makers would make them the “prohibitive favorite based on what’s happened over the past seven months.”
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Families clash over Jane Bashara's ashes, her mother says

--snipped--

--video@link--

Jane Bashara's mother, Lorraine Englebrecht, said she was locked out of her late daughter's home and unable to access some of Jane's most cherished possessions.

Now, Englebrecht is enraged because, she says, on Monday Bob Bashara's mother told her Bob would not turn over Jane's ashes.

"Bob is controlling every piece of furniture, every dish. Even Jane's ashes," Englebrecht said. "He doesn't want Jane's ashes. And we can't have them. That's spite. That's evil."

--more@link--
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 pm

Family of murdered Grosse Pointe Park woman, Jane Bashara, seeks closure

-snipped--

--video@link--

The Local 4 Defenders have been told more charges, on top of the murder charges against Gentz, likely are coming soon. That's something Jane's mother, Lorraine Englebrecht, hopes can happen sooner than later.

"Absolutely, somebody's got to be held accountable," she said. "You know, it will never be closure for me, but I want to see the person or persons who killed Jane pay for it. Pay for it. Jane didn't deserve that."

In an exclusive interview with the Defenders, Englebrecht said she is glad Bob Bashara is behind bars. However, she was in disbelief when she heard Bob was being accused of killing Gentz.

"Why this man? Why this Gentz? I couldn't even believe it. Why would (Bob) put himself in another position like he did. Only a crazy man would do that," Englebrecht said.

--more@link--
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:48 pm

I don't think Bob was crazy when he hired a hit on Gentz, he saw the handwriting on the wall and knew he was going down. He was a wild animal trapped.

I fell so sorry for Jane's mother she just wants to bury her child that was murdered. I wonder what her poor children think of their mother not buried. I also wonder where is the ashes and why Bob would hold on to them unless he is going to use this at trial, I loved her so much I had to keep her ashes close. To me this is a ploy of Bob and it is cruel.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi Darkman...welcome to CW! Have fun and enjoy yourself.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:22 pm

--hey "darkman"..

--nice to see that you found your way over this way..

--you always manage to find the good media stories of the day...not to mention great pics.

--i expect the arraignment this upconing week--the 7th-- to be rather boring , the charges read/plea ("not guilty") entered? that's about it right?

--at least we should get to meet the new attorney----( although i'll miss griem and his hilarious one-liners..)
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:54 am

Hi, Darkman it is good to see you hope you stay awhile.
When does Gentz go back to court? I wonder if they still are waiting for a plea with Gentz before they charge bob with the murder of Jane.
Does anyone know when David Griem goes back to court for issuing the subpoenas, I believe that Gentz filed something in court awhile back and they were supposed to address it after bob arrangement.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:48 pm

--bob back in cour in the a.m. august 7th.

The arraignment of Bob Bashara, who is accused of hiring a hit man to kill Joseph Gentz, a former St. Clair Shores resident, was adjourned by Wayne County Circuit Judge Bruce Morrow until 8:30 a.m., Aug. 7.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:37 am

Bashara pleads not guilty to ordering hit on Gentz

In a three-minute appearance this morning, Bob Bashara was arraigned on charges that he tried to get a hit man to kill handyman Joe Gentz, who said Bashara hired him to kill his wife in January.

Bashara was silent during the quick session before presiding judge Timothy Kenny, who was standing in for Wayne County circuit court Judge Bruce Morrow, who will be hearing the case.

Mark Kriger, Bashara’s new lawyer, entered a not guilty plea.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 am

Bashara hearing in alleged hitman plot moved to Aug. 23

The next court appearance for Bob Bashara, accused of trying to hire a hitman to eliminate the handyman who might link him to his wife’s murder, has been pushed back until Aug. 23.

Wayne County Circuit Judge Bruce U. Morrow today reset the planned Aug. 17 calendar conference that will work out the pretrial schedule for the jailed Grosse Pointe Park businessman.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Monday will be Gentz court date, I wonder if there has been a plea yet.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:57 pm

ATTENTION EVERYONE

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that CN and I will be having a meeting on Sunday with a "techie" that is much smarter than either of us. We need all your suggestions to improve the site and your enjoyment. Please post your suggestions on the new "Suggestion" thread. No improvement or idea is to small to address. Please tell us exactly what you would like so we can make your experience here at CrimeWatchers as enjoyable as possible. Remember, no suggestion or idea is to small.
Thank you,
CN and CB
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 am

One, you here? I am going to address your suggestion in the suggestion thread.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm

So, I want to understand this...Gentz is in jail after having admitted to helping dispose of Jane's body, etc., and he has said that Bashara killed Jane. Bashara was out free walking around until he was arrested for hiring a hit on Gentz, to get rid of the one person who could implicate him in the murder of Jane. Am I correct? Now, Bashara has hired a new attorney and is awaiting a hearing? Gentz's hearing is set for Monday?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next