CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bashara General Discussion Thread

+10
Katie2
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
One Wonders
Darkman
snowbird
angiefly2
ellejay
Chickenbutt
CherokeeNative
14 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Bashara General Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashara General Discussion Thread

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 pm

I haven't followed this case as closely as some, but I think Gentz admitted to KILLING Jane, but was hired by Bob to do it.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Bashara General Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashara General Discussion Thread

Post by ellejay Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:48 am

CherokeeNative wrote:So, I want to understand this...Gentz is in jail after having admitted to helping dispose of Jane's body, etc., and he has said that Bashara killed Jane. Bashara was out free walking around until he was arrested for hiring a hit on Gentz, to get rid of the one person who could implicate him in the murder of Jane. Am I correct? Now, Bashara has hired a new attorney and is awaiting a hearing? Gentz's hearing is set for Monday?

--joe admitted to the murder, but said bob hired him to do it (and that bob was there when the murder went down).

--joe was charged w/ M1 and conspiracy to commit murder (LE has never named joe's co-conspirator---(we/and bob, all know it's bob----and that charges were coming..)

--in michigan, the co-conspirator (bob) gets the same sentence as the murderer (joe)--which is life in prison

--bob then tried to hire hitman2 to take out hitman1 (joe)--( so that if/when arrested for conspiracy to murder jane, joe wouldn't be around to testify against him)----all caught on tape, bob was charged w/ solicitation to commit murder----(penalty of up to life in prison)----has had his preliminary hearing (the judge found probable cause to proceed to trial)--his lawyer bailed, he now has a new one, bob entered a NG plea, is held on a 15million dollar bond, will be back in court on aug.23rd.

--joe (underwent psych testing--was found to be competent in 2 evals)--has his prelim hearing aug.13th
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:00 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Joseph Gentz's preliminary trial adjourned until October

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

--snipped--

The preliminary examination of handyman Joe Gentz, charged with murdering Jane Bashara, set for this afternoon was adjourned this morning by Detroit 36th District Chief Judge Kenneth King until the first week in October.

King said both defense and prosecution attorneys agreed the delay first requested by Gentz’s lawyer Susan Reed who said yesterday that she needed more time to work her way through the mass of evidence in the case. The date for the examination to determine if there is enough evidence for Gentz to stand trial will be set later, King said.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Joe Gentz close to striking plea deal in Jane Bashara murder case

Gentz expected to plea, testify against Bob Bashara; more charges expected

Gentz's attorney, Susan Reed, said there have been negotiations but nothing has been finalized. Progress is being made.

Local 4 is told Gentz will likely be offered a reduced charge of 2nd degree murder which could mean a minimum of 20 years in prison. A key part of the deal is that Gentz will have to testify against Bob Bashara, [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Bashara has [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"It's going to be a murder two, and it's going to be a lengthy term of years," said Flood. "(Gentz's) guidelines are probably going to be pretty high, and I would imagine, quite frankly, that he's going to be in prison for quite some time."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by snowbird Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Just saw on another site that Bob's trail starts this November.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:56 pm

snowbird wrote:Just saw on another site that Bob's trail starts this November.

If you see a date anywhere, be sure and let us know please.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 pm

November 21, 2012, that is fast for a trial. Sorry was being lazy.

Bob Bashara's trial on solicitation of murder charge set for November

The Grosse Pointe Park man is charged with solicitation of murder. The date has been set for Nov. 12

snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:41 pm

lol....confirming the date...Nov 12
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 am

I been known to flip numbers, could never do bookkeeping. LOL Yes Nov. 12
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Bob Bashara's new no-flash lawyer shines with know-how, colleagues say

Defense attorney Mark Kriger says his career inspiration came from Atticus Finch, the heroic lawyer in Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" -- and it was driven home by a Royal Oak policeman's riot stick to his head.

As a 17-year-old taking pictures for his high school newspaper, Kriger said, he was singled out in a cluster of photographers covering a student protest and got clubbed by advancing officers.

"Nine stitches, and another photographer got a picture of me with the blood coming down my face," he said, rubbing a spot on his now-receded hairline. "I understood then just how important the Bill of Rights was, standing between the people and the power of the government."

Kriger -- a veteran trial lawyer who has handled organized crime, murder, civil rights and corruption cases -- has stepped into the midst of the nationally publicized Jane Bashara murder case as the new defense attorney for her husband, Bob Bashara.

--more at link.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossiepossie Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 am

snowbird wrote:I been known to flip numbers, could never do bookkeeping. LOL Yes Nov. 12
BB must have decided on a quick an speedy trial...Wonder will his murder trial for ordering his Wifes death be a seprate pro ceeding..Or amended to his murder for hire trial?..I M O the defence will want two seprate trials .The State would probably prefer one trial for both offences.Im assumeing that if an when bb is charged for his Wifes murder he is also going to request a speedy trial.
ecossiepossie
ecossiepossie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:24 am

CP!!!! Bashara General Discussion Thread - Page 3 1376216197 So good to see you!
Bashara General Discussion Thread - Page 3 1217042266
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie2 Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Hello everyone. I saw some familiar names on this site from the Caylee Anthony trial and thought I might join you. (THM)

You look like a nice site without much animosity. These cases are hard enough to discuss without all that.

I have to agree that BB seems to just keep digging a bigger hole for himself with everything he does. He is building up cases against himself faster than they can prosecute them.

I got a kick out of Chickenbutt (I think) who said something about who has friends that you can ask to kill someone. I don't have any either. Looks like BB had many.

Thanks for the nice site. I am just getting acquainted.
Katie2
Katie2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Thank you for keeping us updated Darkman!
Bashara General Discussion Thread - Page 3 973208584
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next