CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+27
Islander
arizon
Bfly83
Byia
ishi
NoahMan
twee
Febbie
2Merritt
ecossiepossie
littlemisspriss
CherokeeNative
jdny1174
Katie2
ellejay
papapi
angiefly2
Gizmo711
Sea Ray
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
One Wonders
Nell Belle
LiveLaughLove
gpw
Nan11
snowbird
31 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

"Oh wait a second I need my make up on first!" Will this be said by Arias on her way to the death chamber?

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 4 Vote_lcap76%Jodi Arias #4 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 13 ]
Jodi Arias #4 - Page 4 Vote_lcap24%Jodi Arias #4 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 4:13 pm

OK folks, so let's hear everyone's opinion on the following:

Once this goes to the jury, how long 'till they come to a verdict? There's a ton of evidence to consider. I'm guessing 1-2 days. I think they'll need at least a day to go over all of it but all things considered, I think it'll be a quick verdict. Not OJ quick (wasn't that like 3 hrs) but quick considering they've got months and months of testimony on their plates including 600 and some exhibits
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 02, 2013 4:24 pm

I don't think it will be a quick verdict. I think they could be out 4 or more days. That's my guess anyway.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Thu May 02, 2013 4:50 pm

Sea Ray, I don't think the jury needs to retry the case in deliberations. They won't need to revisit every piece of evidence and testimony. If there's a good foreman a vote will be called for in short order after highlighting and discussing anything where a juror raises doubt.

I'm guessing a verdict on the second day.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 02, 2013 5:12 pm

lol.....on HLN......"Nurmi is playing checkers...Juan is playing a strategic game of chess. Juan is holding his fist up and Nurmi is running into it."

Too freaking funny Jodi Arias #4 - Page 4 22155654
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 5:16 pm

papapi wrote:Sea Ray, I don't think the jury needs to retry the case in deliberations. They won't need to revisit every piece of evidence and testimony. If there's a good foreman a vote will be called for in short order after highlighting and discussing anything where a juror raises doubt.

I'm guessing a verdict on the second day.

I agree. We're on the same page. We're both saying verdict on day 2. If this trial was a few weeks like most, I think they'd be out in a day but since it was so drawn out I think they will have to deliberate for over a day
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Jodi Arias Trial Day 55 Closing Arguments

Jury Instructions
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 pm

OK, now that Juan has completed his closing argument speech, how do you think he did? I thought he did great. It was captivating, on point and clever. He didn't pull any punches and called a spade a spade. Calling Jodi a liar was to be expected. I did think that his calling Ms Alyce a liar was unexpected and was bold on his part. My guess is that juror questions gave him the space he needed to do that. I think he feels comfortable that most of the jurors agree with him on Alyce so he felt comfortable going there. I'm not so sure we'd have seen him define her in such terms if not for Arizona's system of juror questions.

Juan clearly explained how it was premeditated and I like how he said even if you believe Jodi's version of grabbing Travis' gun, it was still premeditated murder and it's an additional felony to steal someone else's gun and use it. I thought that was quite clever on his part.

Now I don't underestimate Jodi's team. They will score points tomorrow so Juan's job is not yet done. He will need to take advantage of getting the last at bat here in this one. I think Willmott is very sharp and Jodi's lucky to have her on her team. I don't know if she'll say anything tomorrow but she'll certainly be crafting their defense tonight.

I didn't watch all of JM's speech. Did he mention anything about the lunacy of a psychologist attempting to over rule a Medical Examiner when it comes to interpreting an autopsy?
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 02, 2013 9:49 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Bringing up those CDs that she was bringing with her to show Travis was brilliant! I hadn't made that connection until he said that. He's really connecting all the dots!

CP, that was a huge point in favor for the Prosecution. I had never thought of that either. It was genius IMO! That statement alone would have sealed the deal for me on premeditation if I were a juror.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Thu May 02, 2013 9:52 pm

I apologize but I missed the part about the CDs. Can you briefly tell me what that was all about? Thanks
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 02, 2013 10:02 pm

She said she took the CD's to show Travis their vacation photos, yet she also said she had no plans to go to AZ.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Thu May 02, 2013 10:11 pm

@ angiefly2, Thank you for posting the videos. I admit, I zoned out in part three today, so I really appreciate being able to catch up here. Thanks again!
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by papapi Thu May 02, 2013 10:36 pm

This was the very best part. Jodi Arias, by her own admission, carried away from the murder scene "Travis'" gun and disposed of it in the desert. By her own admission she committed burglary, a felony. By her own admission she also killed Travis during the commission of this felony. That's felony murder in the first degree, same as premeditated first degree murder. Jodi Arias has been checkmated with her own lies.
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 02, 2013 11:16 pm

papapi wrote:@ angiefly2, Thank you for posting the videos. I admit, I zoned out in part three today, so I really appreciate being able to catch up here. Thanks again!
You are very welcome :)
If you are ever wanting to see any other trial videos I also post them in the Jodi Arias library.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 03, 2013 12:13 am

angiefly2 wrote:
papapi wrote:@ angiefly2, Thank you for posting the videos. I admit, I zoned out in part three today, so I really appreciate being able to catch up here. Thanks again!
You are very welcome :)
If you are ever wanting to see any other trial videos I also post them in the Jodi Arias library.

--i'd also like to thank you "angie lady!"-----I've missed a lot in "real" time over the course of this trial and have appreciated your videos immensely!
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 03, 2013 12:17 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:Mr. Martinez Cooks a Hell of a Goose

-W.O.W., Arizona
--snip--

--that's awesome CP thanks for posting that one!

--as was said in chat numerous times today----and he did it all from memory!

(take that stabby!!!---HIS memory rules yours!)

--I also saw a clip w/ beth karass today---while working the arias murder, juan has also prosecuted/ been prosecuting TWELVE other cases.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 03, 2013 12:28 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I think the jury will come back on day 1 with a verdict; day 2 at the latest. I think most, if not all of the jurors, made up their minds a while back, and I don't think they'll have much to review. As Papapi wrote above, she's already guilty of felony murder by her own words, and I think Martinez did an excellent job of showing the chronological proof of premeditation, so, in my mind, she's guilty of Murder 1, either way.

--agree. I said so earlier today, I don't expect a lengthy "verdict watch".

--yes, there was a lot of testimony/exhibits, but, the jury doesn't need to re-do the entire thing all over again. based on their juror Q's, they appear to have a good grasp of what's transpired in court.

--if they're given the case early in the day-----back w/ M1 on day one. if it's "late" in the day (after the 90 minute lunch "hour") ---they'll be ready on day 1, but will sleep/pray on it overnight---M1 early on day two.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie2 Fri May 03, 2013 1:22 am

Thank you Angie for the videos. They come in so handy to watch when I can.
Katie2
Katie2

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri May 03, 2013 2:03 am

angiefly2 wrote:Jodi Arias Trial Day 55 Closing Arguments

Jury Instructions
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

--just catching the parts I missed today.

--juan was so perfect w/ just the right mix of everything-----including a little humour.

--example, he's talking about stabby's Washington mutual bank records.....shows the print out on screen...says she lied ....followed by:

juan--" unless of course, Washington mutual made this up?...maybe Washington mutual also subscribes to the law of attraction, and they don't want to put anything negative in here."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveLaughLove Fri May 03, 2013 8:16 am

Nan11 wrote:
angiefly2 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:Bringing up those CDs that she was bringing with her to show Travis was brilliant! I hadn't made that connection until he said that. He's really connecting all the dots!

CP, that was a huge point in favor for the Prosecution. I had never thought of that either. It was genius IMO! That statement alone would have sealed the deal for me on premeditation if I were a juror.
That caught me by surprise, too.

How masterful of Mr. Martinez to tie in another point of premeditation in his closing.

I thought he rocked every single day of this trial, but especially so today.

papapi wrote:This was the very best part. Jodi Arias, by her own admission, carried away from the murder scene "Travis'" gun and disposed of it in the desert. By her own admission she committed burglary, a felony. By her own admission she also killed Travis during the commission of this felony. That's felony murder in the first degree, same as premeditated first degree murder. Jodi Arias has been checkmated with her own lies.

Juan was masterful, with no notes...

I think he did great. Also I see he checkmated the defense by using her own untruthful defense against her. Either way, she's due a murder 1 conviction.

I also took note of the eye rolls and facial distain from Jodi and Willmott. My only hope is that the jurors saw it too.

I too think the jurors will come back relatively quick with a verdict of murder 1..I say by Wednesday, since they won't start deliberations until Monday, since they get the case today, after Juan does the rebuttal closing. I might just skip Nurmi's boring closing..
LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Fri May 03, 2013 8:47 am

Just to be accurate, Juan did refer to his notes once or twice. I remember seeing him go to his desk and pick up his legal pad and flip through it while giving his closing speech.

Let's see what the defense comes up with today. I imagine they'll pound home the abuse and PTSD and then we'll have Juan up once more to remind everyone that there's evidence to support such accusations
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next