CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #2

+25
jodi song
maximus
tuhorses
Sea Ray
jitter
gingerrogers
AuntBella
snowbird
ishi
Madara200
Katie2
CuriousPortlander
buddie
inchworm71
2dogsonly
Phoenician
angiefly2
One Wonders
Nan11
Booklover444
hello clarice
Chickenbutt
Gizmo711
Darkman
gpw
29 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jodi Arias #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #2

Post by Madara200 Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:To all of our newest members, Welcome!

Many of us go to the Chat box on the home page so we can comment as we watch the trial. Everyone is welcome to join us. Just go to the home page ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]); scroll all the way down to the bottom to the Chat Box, and click Login in the upper right corner of the Chat box, and you're in!

Trial resumes tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m., AZ time (9:30 a.m. Pacific; 12:30 p.m. Eastern).

Thanks for the warm welcome...Really looking forward to being able to view with everyone and chat as things get more and more interesting!!!

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 am

Madara200 wrote:I still think the "how" is going to play into it; wait and see! The defense, regardless of whether they are grasping at straws, is trying to prove that it was self defense. I am pretty certain that the defense, at best, wants to keep her off death row. Also, if she shot him AFTER he was dead, that is important too...It would help the prosecution. If the "how" did not matter, this trial would not even have to go on..Okay, she admitted to killing him, we don't care how or why - throw her in jail. Martinez in his closing defense will indeed focus on the "how" and the way he paints the picture could bring her down...and for Jody Arias, I think the devil is in the detail...and these subtleties could be her ultimate undoing...That is, if the jury if really paying objective attention and not being swayed by emotion.

But the only reason the defense is trying to say that he was shot first, is to say that she expected him to die fast. Seeing as two weapons were used, quite naturally the defense wants to try and say that he was shot first and then she lost it, thus trying to move her from death row. Seeing as the bullit casing landed on TOP of the blood and not under it, certainly proves that he wasn't shot first. The ME states that the bullit wound to the head didn't appear to have bled, which certainly would show that he was dead before being shot. The amount of blood found in the sink and around it shows that he was bleeding profusely, yet she continued to stab him in the back.

All the defense is trying to do is spare her the DS. THis case is NOT going to be what Jodi says happened, she is a proven liar. No jury is going to believe that she can't remember (conveniently), it is just not going to wash. This was a heinious murder for which the DP is going to hold up and the defense knows it. Thats why they are trying every trick in the book to prevent it.

As far as I'm concerned, Travis died from everything that she did to him EXCEPT from the bullit wound, the slashed throat and the bullit would were the over kill.

Jodi feels confident on that stand because her lawyer told her to say "I don't remember" which is as good as her taking the fifth without being forced to tell what happened. Any jury will see right thru that. Sometimes defense attornies under estimate juror's. The Pineles County idiots were just that "idiots", but do not represent ALL juror's.

She may very well be spared the DP but not because premeditation wont be proven. It's too obvious that this was premeditated. Or she may just join the already three women on DR. In either case, she will never see the outside world again without bars without bars interfering with the view.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:32 am

I wish I could join the chat box but I'm in and out all day long. I'm remodeling a room in my house and I come in when taking a 5 minute break every 1/2 hour or so.

Hope to be finished within a few weeks, I usually catch up on what I missed in the evenings on JVM or NG or on here.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:09 am

I wish you could join us too Gizmo :) You will probably be finished remodeling before she ever gets off that stand.... she talks forever! lol
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:06 pm

I started listening to this and in the first minute JA is already caught in a lie. Flores: Does TA have any wepons in the home that you know of?
JA: Ummmm his two fist.
Thought he had a gun jodi Jodi Arias #2 - Page 13 340766871

anyway this is a youtube link to the phone calls between her and detective Flores (we've all heard them before but just in case anyone wants to listen again here it is) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 pm

I just read at two different sites that: This is the last InSession live trial they will ever air. Beth K and Jean C have been given notice. On march 4 (I think?) they go to 2 hours of taped trial per day with Vinnie and no more live trials.

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:06 pm

CP I cannot find the article referencing 27 stab wounds and 2 defensive wounds that we talked about in chat. I will keep looking though.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 pm

One
Found the smirk that we spoke of in Chat watch from the 37 minute mark (it should start at 37 min. I set it up that way) to a little after the 40 minute mark. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 2

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 3
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by inchworm71 Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 am

Question: If JA wanted to "commit suicide" why is she not wanting the DP? At least it wouldn't "sting". Here's her chance so "Go for it psycho!" Jodi Arias #2 - Page 13 1226952190
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by inchworm71 Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
inchworm71 wrote:Question: If JA wanted to "commit suicide" why is she not wanting the DP? At least it wouldn't "sting". Here's her chance so "Go for it psycho!" Jodi Arias #2 - Page 13 1226952190

Now that would be an interesting question for Martinez to ask her, wouldn't it?

I'd be willing to bet that Martinez will replay the video where she said "If I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty" before the trial's over, right before the jury goes off to deliberate.

I hope so! She wants to present herself as "caring, loving, etc..." sooo if that is the case, stand by your words, BEG for the death penalty. Considering she really can't live without Travis anyway wouldn't the jury be doing her a favor or would they take it off the table because that's "what she wants."?
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by inchworm71 Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:23 am

This case is making my head "spin" LOL.. Maybe she brings up suicide so much hoping they won't give her the DP...
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by inchworm71 Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 am

Another one!!! When she's talking about the iris's she sent his grandmother, you know that's one of the girls names they had talked about, didn't "Hinkley" shoot "Reagan" to impress "Jodi" Foster????
inchworm71
inchworm71

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:44 am

inchworm71 wrote:This case is making my head "spin" LOL.. Maybe she brings up suicide so much hoping they won't give her the DP...

I think she only said those things to make herself sound more believable. She adlibs on everything asked, she deliberately sways from a direct answer. I believe it's to confuse the prosecutor as well as the jury. However, I see her reaching a breaking point, she is getting frustrated at Martinez over powering her off balance answers and using her answers against her over and over again. I know some are getting tired of Martinez doing it this way, but I'm enjoying it. Especially after having to put up with Nurmi for 2 or so weeks, Martinez wakes me up.

I hope Martinez keeps riding her to get out each and every one of her lies. So far he has succeeded and I see the frustaion on JA's face. I want him to get to the gun part and where she threw it. Seeing as it's the only part of the murder (she so calls remembering) maybe that will make her break on that stand. I want Martinez to make it known that the gun used was in fact the gun that was reported stolen one week earlier by her grandfather. That will make the premeditation stick for sure.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next