CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 37 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by ellejay Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Juror in 'Loud Music' Trial Wanted Murder Conviction

--snip--
Juror #4 – who asked to be identified simply as “Valerie” – said two and then three jurors ultimately believed Michael Dunn was justified in the 2012 shooting death of Jordan Davis. Valerie, who wanted a conviction, says the group knew within the first hour that they would be unable to reach a unanimous decision.

--snip--
According to Valerie, the jurors who believed Dunn was guilty were split between first-degree, second-degree and manslaughter – but because they were unable to unanimously overcome the issue of self-defense, the jury was deadlocked. The jurors yelled and screamed at each other at one point, but all were respectful of each other’s position.

Valerie believes Dunn got away with murder.

"A life was taken. There is no longer a Jordan Davis, and there is only one reason why that is. The boy was shot and killed for reasons that should not have happened," she said.

Valerie believes that Dunn could have rolled up his window, put his car in reverse, or simply ignored the loud music blaring from the other car. Despite the disagreement over whether shooting Davis was justified, all the jurors agreed that Dunn escalated the situation by then shooting at the others inside the car, she said.

Valerie decided to come forward after reading and hearing the outrage the verdict generated. She wants the world to know that the jurors valued the life of Davis. Race was never mentioned in deliberations and was not a factor in the decision, she said.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 37 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:37 am

Why does the name "renewsit" sound familiar? TX
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am

MorganMars wrote:
twee wrote:I have a small rant which I am putting here.  I abhor violence be it white on white, black on black, black on white, white on black, and any combinations for the variety of human beings we have on this earth.  I hate the SYG because it seems all you have to say is I thought he had a gun, I thought he was going to kill me.  This is a license to kill IMO.   And these two men have no regrets or remorse, they show no feeling except for themselves.

If I might join you and add to your rant, it is not JUST the SYG law, it is also in the self-defense law in Florida. Is that the way it is everywhere?

Cannot believe the injustice of it!

Joining the rant. The SYG law is defective in that the determining factor is that defendant must feel they were in imminent danger – whether that danger exists in fact or not. It’s not necessarily relevant that Jordan was unarmed and minding his own business when Dunn pulled in beside him; what matters is whether Dunn perceived Jordan to be a threat. There is absolutely no way around it, if the defendant expresses that he was in fear, then in that event, he was justified in killing his perceived threat whether or not that threat was unwarranted. So, in essence, all it takes to kill someone and walk away a free person is to say you were in fear. period.

CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Welp, I guess I was the most irritating to the cockroaches - I apparently wont he "Daft Award for 2013" or something like that as I have been informed by "Renewsit" on twitter. ROFLMAO
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Juror #4 , Nightline interview.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Congrats on your award CN......you make us proud!!!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:51 pm

Juror #4: Majority felt Michael Dunn murdered Jordan Davis; Davis' mother said jury did its best

--snip-
In response to the interview, Davis’ mother, Lucia McBath, said this morning that she believed the jury did the best it could considering the evidence and trial testimony. His father, Ron Davis, said he wanted Dunn retryed on the deadlocked first-degree murder charge, which State Attorney Angela Corey has promised to do.

--snip-
Ron Davis said he believes the jury instructions, which included language about Florida’s Stand Your Ground law, confused the jury. He said the laws have to be rewritten.

“These people were torn because of the jury instructions and not the case,” Davis said. “I believe the facts...showed that this guy had indifference toward my son and just killed him and continued to shoot at the boys in the car.”

--snip-
She also said the final direction from the defense to “check page 25, start with page 25” was another important moment. Page 25 reads “The use of deadly force is justifiable, if Michael Dunn reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.”

--more@link

--Jury Instructions Michael dunn trial
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by sidewinder Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:32 pm

For my clarification....did Dunn state that Jordan was out of the car when he shot him, in the legs or body for I read something yesterday that I hadn't thought of before, wouldn't there have been blood splatter somewhere outside the vehicle?

sidewinder

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Prosecutors to retry Michael Dunn in May

--snip--

Action News anchor Paige Kelton spoke with Assistant State Attorney John Guy in an exclusive sit-down interview with a member of the prosecution team since a jury deadlocked on the murder charge against Dunn.

"Did Michael Dunn get away with murder?

"Not yet," said Guy.

Guy said prosecutors will certainly take a look as to how the jury came to its decision in advance of a second trial.

Coming up on Action News at 6 p.m., Guy answers critics who claim the State Attorney's Office didn't try hard enough.

--video w/ john guy @ link.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:02 pm

sidewinder wrote:For my clarification....did Dunn state that Jordan was out of the car when he shot him, in the legs or body for I read something yesterday that I hadn't thought of before, wouldn't there have been blood splatter somewhere outside the vehicle?

--he says, in his letter, that the "completely enraged, menacing looking guy" was out of the SUV and advancing on him. However, when Jordan saw dunn go for his weapon, he dove back inside the vehicle. Dunn then shot into the rear passenger door...

Michael dunn's "Black Friday" letter.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 pm

John M. Phillips ‏@JohnPhillips
Tonight, Ron and Lucy will be on @TheLastWord with @Lawrence on @msnbc at 10. He was one of the first to talk about Jordan. We thank him.

John M. Phillips ‏@JohnPhillips
Rumor has it one of the African-American jurors might speak to media soon. We pray for her strength and honesty.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by sidewinder Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 pm

ellejay wrote:
sidewinder wrote:For my clarification....did Dunn state that Jordan was out of the car when he shot him, in the legs or body for I read something yesterday that I hadn't thought of before, wouldn't there have been blood splatter somewhere outside the vehicle?

--he says, in his letter, that the "completely enraged, menacing looking guy" was out of the SUV and advancing on him. However, when Jordan saw dunn go for his weapon, he dove back inside the vehicle. Dunn then shot into the rear passenger door...

Michael dunn's "Black Friday" letter.

Thank you.

sidewinder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoahMan Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:09 pm

I think I heard that juror spoke out. Does anyone have any info about that?
NoahMan
NoahMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasone Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:07 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:Why does the name "renewsit" sound familiar?  TX

It's Vicki Pate, from web sleuths. Tricia's BFF. Biggest racist alive, she got the Trayvon Martin threads shut down on WS.
 Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 37 3638074730 (her, not you)
Wasone
Wasone

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:40 am

Wasone wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:Why does the name "renewsit" sound familiar?  TX

It's Vicki Pate, from web sleuths.  Tricia's BFF.  Biggest racist alive, she got the Trayvon Martin threads shut down on WS.
 Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 37 3638074730 (her, not you)

Thanks Wasone, I finally figured it out - I hear she is a real biotch and to steer clear of her. She posted on my Twitter line and having figured out who she was, I told her to "f' off and blocked her in so many words. She had to be trolling because I wasn't tweeting anyone specific that would have had her on their twitter feed.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:43 am

It's been a long hard week for me - started back to work since being bedridden since October. My goodness it is hard getting the muscles to work again when they haven't operated in so long.

I see that W#8 is a 21 year old black lady who feels that Dunn "is a nice guy." I fell over backwards when I heard that - what world is she living in? She stated that race was not an issue during deliberations also. How could they not discuss race? How could they not see what Dunn did as being racist? Do you mean to tell me that the jurors believe that if that SUV had been a car load of white boys, Dunn would have done what he did? Am I nuts?
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:46 am

I will add this. Maybe W#8 being as young as she is was afraid to really speak what she feels - fearing ridicule. I mean young people are not usually as outspoken as we older adults are. That's all I can think of - unless she has been living a fantasy life somewhere where she has been sheltered from the real world. Dunno.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Juror breaks her silence on Dunn trial

"What did you think of Michael Dunn"?

Juror #8--"I honestly think he was a good guy, I think he's a good guy......"

"You still think he's guilty of murder though"?

Juror #8--"Yes, I really think he's guilty of murder but not guilty as charged....I think he's guilty of 2nd degree..."

Juror #8--"I was convinced, I was honestly convinced that he was in self defense until he chased the car down and started shooting more. .....Even if initially you didn't have the opportunity to take yourself out of the situation, to stop, running behind the car and shooting more, that's where you completely push your limits."

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 37 Empty BRAVO, BRAVO!!!

Post by ForJustice Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:59 pm

ellejay wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Prosecutors to retry Michael Dunn in May

--snip--

Action News anchor Paige Kelton spoke with Assistant State Attorney John Guy in an exclusive sit-down interview with a member of the prosecution team since a jury deadlocked on the murder charge against Dunn.

"Did Michael Dunn get away with murder?

"Not yet," said Guy.

Guy said prosecutors will certainly take a look as to how the jury came to its decision in advance of a second trial.

Coming up on Action News at 6 p.m., Guy answers critics who claim the State Attorney's Office didn't try hard enough.

--video w/ john guy @ link.

I am glad Jordan was not alone and there were other witnesses out side the SUV or Dunn would be walking free right now.

Knowing that he is not a free man doesn't give me much satisfaction because we all know he created the situation because he does not like hip hop ("thug") music and felt he had a right as an older white man to put the negro boys in their place.  IMO his inner Klan came out all at once when "those thugs/Ni-gg-rs" ignored his demand.

I am praying he is found guilty of 1st degree murder of a minor.

[b]If none of these I can shoot a young black male, label him a 'thug," and call the murder self defense racist type psychos are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law there will be more and more of these contrived SYG/self defense type cases and many more young black males murdered.[/b}

Peace and Love Everyone!!!
Still waiting for DOJ to act for Trayvon Martin.

Last edited by ForJustice on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
ForJustice
ForJustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Michael Dunn retrial May 5th.....so says HLN
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ForJustice Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Michael Dunn retrial May 5th.....so says HLN

Be sure to checkout the video at this link

Michael Dunn's new trial in Jordan Davis' death set for May 5

A judge has agreed to delay Michael Dunn's sentencing for his attempted-murder convictions and scheduled his new trial for May 5 for the first-degree murder charge that jurors deadlocked on in 17-year-old Jordan Davis' death.

Dunn, 47, had been scheduled to be sentenced the week of March 24, but his attorney requested it be postponed until after the new trial. Judge Russell Healey agreed.

His convictions were for shooting a total of 10 shots at Davis and his three friends even as they fled in their vehicle.

Davis had taken issue with Dunn asking them to turn their music down at a gas station Thanksgiving weekend 2012 while the Brevard County man was in town for his son's wedding.

Dunn said Davis threatened to kill him and saw a shotgun, so he shot first.

Davis was killed, but his friends were unharmed.

Dunn fled the scene with his fiancee and went back to their hotel without calling police. They then headed back to Brevard the next morning before being tracked down because a witness gave police his license plate tag.

For the new trial Dunn will have a new attorney after Cory Strolla dropped out because Dunn and his family could no longer afford him. The Office of Regional Conflict Counsel will represent him.
ForJustice
ForJustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri May 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Since May 5th has come and gone......

The retrial for Michael Dunn, who is charged with first-degree murder in the killing of Jordan Davis, has been pushed back.

A judge delayed the start date originally set for May 5 after Dunn's new attorney, Waffa Hanania, requested more time to prepare for the case Tuesday. Hanania took over Dunn's case on March 10, according to WJXT.

A pretrial hearing is set for June 9, when a new trial date is expected to be set.

In February, Dunn was convicted of three counts of attempted second-degree murder after an argument over loud music outside of a convenience store. The first-degree murder count was declared a mistrial after a jury could not reach a decision on it.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:02 am

Just wanted to remind anyone following this case, the retrial date is set for September 22.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Hope this is streamed... marking calendar
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:49 pm

I think it will be on the usual suspect channels.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next