CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

+25
justthefactsforjustice
sidewinder
ecossiepossie
Nell Belle
Cleos_mum
axpm
ADMaximus
MorganMars
Byia
Omachka
Gizmo711
Gettingtired
Kate1230
One Wonders
NoahMan
MoxieDoll
ellejay
Nan11
bigman
sams
CherokeeNative
LiveLaughLove
ForJustice
Febbie
papapi
29 posters

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Attorneys seeking change of venue in Michael Dunn loud music trial

JACKSONVILLE (AP) --
A man accused of killing a teenager in Florida during an argument over loud music is scheduled to be back in court as his attorneys argue that a new trial should be held outside of Jacksonville.

Attorneys for Michael Dunn will try to convince a judge Thursday that media coverage of his earlier trial, which ended deadlocked on a first-degree murder charge, has tainted the local jury pool.

The 47-year-old Dunn was convicted of three counts of second-degree attempted murder for shooting into a carload of teenagers during a dispute over their loud music, killing 17-year-old Jordan Davis of Marietta, Georgia.

But the jury failed to reach a verdict on the first-degree murder charge stemming from Davis' death.

The retrial is scheduled to begin Sept. 22.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1

Post by twee Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 pm

Waiting for this trial... Jury will be sequestered no change of venue, unless can't get jury from jury pool
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Just a reminder that this re trial will be starting Sept 22....here is the latest

Final Michael Dunn pretrial becomes battle over competing forensic experts
-snipped-

Prosecutors trying to send Michael Dunn to prison for the rest of his life will spend much of their time during his retrial attempting to rebut his account that he killed the Jacksonville 17-year-old Jordan Davis in self-defense.

Thursday during the final pretrial before Dunn’s first-degree murder trial begins Monday, Circuit Judge Russell Healey denied a motion to limit the testimony of Stacey Simons, former associate medical examiner.

And to remind everyone of the "easy on the eyes":

Prosecutors objected because they said the visual aids weren’t a realistic explanation for what happened. Assistant State Attorney John Guy said the visual image of the diagrams could stick in jurors’ heads.

Bolded, italicized and underlined by me..... Laughing
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:15 am

I am going to wait until the actual trial begins... I don't understand "easy on the eyes" in other words use only pics that won't affect the jury
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:34 am

lololol....no, John Guy being easy on my eyes........woohoo!!! I could stare at him all day.... Jordan Davis General Discussion Thread #1 - Page 38 421770689
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:54 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Manati again... I don't care what anyone says I truly believe the pros tried their best for Trayvon... But the jury did not
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:49 am

Jury selection will start tomorrow, Monday the 22nd. I assume all the usual suspects will be live streaming it...

WFTV
WESH

and probably others.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:18 pm

I promised my boys I would not go crazy so I will be checking periodically during the day for live streaming. and will not be attached to my computer for days :)
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:12 pm

I couldn't find it live streaming.....but I didn't look that hard. They are saying 3 days for jury selection.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Jury selection not be live streamed so will be checking off and on for the trial trial
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Oh ok....I didn't know that. Thanks.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Potential jurors at Michael Dunn trial already know about case, raising defense concerns about fairness

-snipped-

In a trial, among the first goals is to select an impartial jury that has no predispositions or leanings about the case and preferably knows nothing about it.
But the first day of jury selection in the Michael David Dunn murder trial made it clear that will not happen in this case. More than half of the 100 potential jurors screened on Monday admitted to having some knowledge of the case, with many knowing that Dunn has already stood trial once for the murder of 17-year-old Jordan Davis.

more at link

Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:57 pm

I really don't think they will ever find people who have not heard of this especially in Florida and just after Trayvon...
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:49 am

Me either.....but can they find 12 people who have heard of the case, but can "set aside" what they've heard? I wonder how many people would say "Sure, I can set aside what I've heard" but really be a stealth juror for one side or the other.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:28 am

I hoping this time the stealth juror is for Jordon ... I know this is wrong thinking but I guess I am tired of the system not working... On both sides of the aisle... When LE and judical gets away with lying and don't have anything done to them. Or testimony which should be used can't be.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Hopefully the jury will be seated today, and the trial will begin tomorrow... will look for live stream
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Thank you...I have been distracted the last couple of days.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:41 pm

=snipped-

Michael Dunn will go on trial Thursday for the death of 17-year-old Jordan Davis with a jury of mostly white men.
After three days of back and forth in the selection process, a jury was finalized Wednesday afternoon that is made up of seven white men, three white women, one black man and one black woman.

Four alternates also were chosen: two white women, one white man and one black woman. Those alternates could end up on the jury if any of the regular jurors need to be replaced

*still haven't found who will be live streaming it.

Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:34 am

I thought I would look in the morning... it will start after lunch so should be easy to find.
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:20 pm

twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:50 pm

twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Thank you.....I got sidetracked again. Sheesh!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:16 pm

I am kinda upset with the jury makeup.. hecka lot of white men who own guns... but I will laugh myself silly when the convict him. You missed your lover boy he did the opening statement... only listen off and on So far nothing new
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:14 am

I will watch tomorrow. I got nothing on my plate except hurrying to get a blanket done. So I will crochet and watch and drool....lololol.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twee Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:55 pm

It is irritating the defense keeps calling the defendent the white guy. Making sure that she is pointing out to the white guys on the jury it could be them. A black thug would try to kill them
twee
twee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next