CrimeWatchers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias #4

+24
GeraldBourguet
LorenzoG
Cleos_mum
owlsharkny
Sea Ray
NoahMan
zesmi
LiveLaughLove
Febbie
ColoCali
CherokeeNative
One Wonders
lucy123
twee
papapi
ellejay
Gizmo711
angiefly2
Nell Belle
optio
Nan11
Chickenbutt
CuriousPortlander
ecossiepossie
28 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 31 Empty Re: Jodi Arias #4

Post by Madara200 Sun May 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:Sea Ray, I too feel that the DS is from the medieval days, maybe some day it will be done without completely. As it is not all the states have it.

Some cases due indeed deserve it. Some are so heinous that there is no other alternative.

However, and a big however, when this idiot of a foreman decided to convict her of murder one, and again convict her of cruel and inhumane way of killing someone. Then refuses the death sentence, he opened the door for Jodi to be in the drivers seat. If the state doesn't want to go the cost of another sentence, and if the state can't find another 12 jurors, they will start offering plea deals to Jodi. We all know that Jodi will not accept anything more than 25 years, otherwise it wont do her any favors.

So now we have to wait and hope that the state does in fact retry the sentencing phase.

If that idiot of a foreman would have just been able to convince all of them to give her LWOP maybe this would be over now and Jodi would be on her way to where she will spend the rest of her life. Jodi is in hope of getting out one day, therefore she will never agree to LWOP because that would ruin all her appeals and she would know that she will remain right there till the end of her life.

I am not really keen on the death penalty, one of the reasons are some of the people who were wrongfully executed. That being said, it is on the table in Arizona and JA was clearly guilty - no doubt about it. If a man had been in JA's shoes, he would most certainly have gotten death. She should not get life simply because she is a woman. I just hope she does not slippery slide her way out of this with the next jury.

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Madara200 Sun May 26, 2013 3:29 pm

ellejay wrote:--jury foreman's son

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The executioner with the public face

My dad was the jury foreman in the Jodi Arias murder trial.

I am betting that a good portion of you don’t know or care but there is sure a sizable piece of America and beyond that knows now who my dad is—which is to say they know his name and they know he had a chance to help execute a criminal. And they know that on his watch, that criminal was not sentenced to die.

--more @ link.

Well, I read the article, but the foreman might have waited it out and chosen his words a little more carefully. It's an odd feeling, that I have to remind myself over and over that she was found guilty. To have the foreman openly defending JA and talking about the flawed system, etc. just flies in the face of everything that happened. I am hoping he wises up and stops talking because it is not helping any of the open wounds heal!!! By the way, thank you so much Ellejay for all of the awesome links.

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Sun May 26, 2013 3:36 pm

papapi wrote:There's really nothing anymore intriguing about the upcoming Zimmerman trial than there was about the Arias trial. Both defendants as lying pieces of human excrement, both committed completely unjustifiable acts of murderous carnage, and both don't deserve to ever live among civilized society again.

It's not as open and shut as that as we're all about to find out...
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 26, 2013 3:56 pm

The reason that I am for the death penalty in Jodi Arias case is that she not only slaughtered this poor man, that wasn't enough for her, she had to kill him over and over again on that stand. It was all due to him rejecting her. Any idiot could have seen this.

As for the foremans daughter stating that Jodi wasn't sentenced on her fathers watch, only goes to show that her father should NOT have been on that jury. It was a death penalty case, he was well aware of that when he was picked for a juror. If he had any qualms about imposing the death sentence he should have stated that from the onset and he would not have been chosen. So her sticking up for her father is only a slight way of how Travis' family feel about justice.

The way I see it, this foreman felt in control. He stated "his juror's", they weren't HIS jurors, he was merely a foreman to keep things under control in that deliberation room. Instead I do believe that he tried his darndest to make them see it HIS way. How dare this man try to change a law while deliberating. If he doesn't approve of the death penalty he can take it up with the government, not in a deliberation room.

So her daddy didn't do a good deed he did a mis deed.

Jodi is one person that does, in every aspect, deserve the DS. She didn't give Travis the chance to say that he preferred life over death. Travis, had to be in severe pain, he had to see his death coming, he had to be terrified. So why should Jodi be shown any sympathy. At least she had a chance to fight for her life, using lie after lie after lie. Travis had none.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Sea Ray wrote:
papapi wrote:There's really nothing anymore intriguing about the upcoming Zimmerman trial than there was about the Arias trial. Both defendants as lying pieces of human excrement, both committed completely unjustifiable acts of murderous carnage, and both don't deserve to ever live among civilized society again.

It's not as open and shut as that as we're all about to find out...

Wrong message board.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Madara200 Sun May 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Nan11 wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:The reason that I am for the death penalty in Jodi Arias case is that she not only slaughtered this poor man, that wasn't enough for her, she had to kill him over and over again on that stand. It was all due to him rejecting her. Any idiot could have seen this.

As for the foremans daughter stating that Jodi wasn't sentenced on her fathers watch, only goes to show that her father should NOT have been on that jury. It was a death penalty case, he was well aware of that when he was picked for a juror. If he had any qualms about imposing the death sentence he should have stated that from the onset and he would not have been chosen. So her sticking up for her father is only a slight way of how Travis' family feel about justice.

The way I see it, this foreman felt in control. He stated "his juror's", they weren't HIS jurors, he was merely a foreman to keep things under control in that deliberation room. Instead I do believe that he tried his darndest to make them see it HIS way. How dare this man try to change a law while deliberating. If he doesn't approve of the death penalty he can take it up with the government, not in a deliberation room.

So her daddy didn't do a good deed he did a mis deed.

Jodi is one person that does, in every aspect, deserve the DS. She didn't give Travis the chance to say that he preferred life over death. Travis, had to be in severe pain, he had to see his death coming, he had to be terrified. So why should Jodi be shown any sympathy. At least she had a chance to fight for her life, using lie after lie after lie. Travis had none.
I agree with every word here.

Once again, Jodi Ann Arias manipulated the system and got way better than she deserved. imo

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Madara200

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 26, 2013 6:44 pm

One Wonders wrote:****Snipped and Bolded By Me One Wonders****
Well, well, well. What do we have here? Do you think anyone in that courtroom would have kicked BZ to the curb had they known this?
Ten Thousand Hours
25th May 2013
The executioner with the public face

"So when my dad showed up at his own home after the mistrial was declared, the major media were there waiting for him. They spent the night in his home."
I suppose they all just sat around staring at each other, not saying a word about anything for fear that a slip of the tongue might mention Jodi Arias. Please. BZ is more calculating then I even thought before. No wonder "they all agreed that none of them would speak to the media until next week" No doubt at all in my mind that BZ is the one who thought of that little nugget and the rest of his co-juror's trusted him enough to agree with it. I am livid to learn this. Something legally need's to be done to this underhanded car salesman.

Why don't they place a guard in the deliberating room. And a recorder. This may deter any bullying. I know I would feel intimidated by the looks of that foreman. Now, I'm glad that the remaining eight jurors didn't follow suit.

That guy had this planned from day one. He knew he wasn't going to impose the DS therefore he probably thinks of himself as Jodi's hero, for saving her life. I wonder if he would feel that way if Travis was his brother or his son or his grandson?

Jodi Arias #4 - Page 31 2488575162 Jodi Arias #4 - Page 31 340766871 He should go to jail for lying on the jury form.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun May 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Madara200 wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:Sea Ray, I too feel that the DS is from the medieval days, maybe some day it will be done without completely. As it is not all the states have it.

Some cases due indeed deserve it. Some are so heinous that there is no other alternative.

However, and a big however, when this idiot of a foreman decided to convict her of murder one, and again convict her of cruel and inhumane way of killing someone. Then refuses the death sentence, he opened the door for Jodi to be in the drivers seat. If the state doesn't want to go the cost of another sentence, and if the state can't find another 12 jurors, they will start offering plea deals to Jodi. We all know that Jodi will not accept anything more than 25 years, otherwise it wont do her any favors.

So now we have to wait and hope that the state does in fact retry the sentencing phase.

If that idiot of a foreman would have just been able to convince all of them to give her LWOP maybe this would be over now and Jodi would be on her way to where she will spend the rest of her life. Jodi is in hope of getting out one day, therefore she will never agree to LWOP because that would ruin all her appeals and she would know that she will remain right there till the end of her life.

I am not really keen on the death penalty, one of the reasons are some of the people who were wrongfully executed. That being said, it is on the table in Arizona and JA was clearly guilty - no doubt about it. If a man had been in JA's shoes, he would most certainly have gotten death. She should not get life simply because she is a woman. I just hope she does not slippery slide her way out of this with the next jury.

Exactly, and if Travis would have been able to get that knife from her and killed her instead, they would have found him guilty and shown no mercy.

It has nothing to do with Jodi's looks. This guy is a nut if he thinks pretty people don't kill. I guess he doesn't keep up with any of these cases.

Instead of him thinking about one of his own children being in Jodi's place, he should think "what if" Travis was my child. Then it would be a big different ball game.

Then he had the nerve, when asked, about Travis' family, she started by saying "we were not supposed to show any sympathy emotions. Hello.. they didn't mean for you to show sympathy toward the defendant.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by papapi Sun May 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 1m
When I met w/ #JodiArias juror 6 she said she had no idea the trial was so big on social media... (Cont 1of 3)

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 59s
(Cont 2 of 3) so since many of you have interacted w/ me while covering the #JodiArias trial & I knew you'd love the chance...

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 52s
(Cont 3 of 3) I asked #JodiArias juror 6 if she'd be willing to take your questions. She did & that story is about to go online. Stay tuned
papapi
papapi

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon May 27, 2013 1:48 am

This Tuesday: Two Arias jurors speak to Dr. Drew

Two women that had been sitting on the Jodi Arias jury for the last five months, simply known as jurors No. 6 and 17, will break their silence this Tuesday exclusively on HLN’s Dr. Drew On Call.

--(of course we know that they are alternate #17, Tara Kelley, and #6 ,Diane Schwartz, a former 911 call operator.)

--but, of course they will be introduced as.......tonight, exclusively!!! on dr.drew, meet-----tara Kelley and diane Schwartz!! coming fwd publicly, HERE! to tell YOU! ----THEIR stories!!!!
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon May 27, 2013 2:35 am

papapi wrote:QUOTE
Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 1m
When I met w/ #JodiArias juror 6 she said she had no idea the trial was so big on social media... (Cont 1of 3)

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 59s
(Cont 2 of 3) so since many of you have interacted w/ me while covering the #JodiArias trial & I knew you'd love the chance...

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 52s
(Cont 3 of 3) I asked #JodiArias juror 6 if she'd be willing to take your questions. She did & that story is about to go online. Stay tuned

--diane---juror #6.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon May 27, 2013 3:06 am

--the juror that "jinx" was constantly saying "looked like Jodi's mom"---and jinx was certain this juror would be anti-DP.

--wrong again jinx.

Arias juror No. 16 says she feels relieved, satisfied

--snip--
Before being chosen to sit on the jury for the Jodi Arias trial, Marilou Allen-Coogan described herself as sheltered.

"I've lived kind of an anonymous life," said Allen-Coogan.

The 52-year-old works as a nurse. When Allen-Coogan is not at the hospital, she is home with her family. But at the start of the year, all of that changed.
~~~~~

In the end, the jury convicted Arias of first-degree murder. But when it came time to decide her punishment, the group couldn't come to a unanimous decision.

"Mitigating circumstances are very personal. It's not something that has to be proven by the defendant. It's something you feel based on your past, your conscience, your thought process and your heart that could warrant leniency and mercy," said Allen-Coogan.

Although Allen-Coogan voted for the death penalty, she said she respects the decisions of the four jurors who did not.

"I don't think anybody has the right to be angry with them or spew hatred on them because they voted their conscience," said Allen-Coogan.

Allen-Coogan said she prays another jury can be seated and that those individuals are as dedicated as the jury she sat on.

--video @ link.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 am

What I don't understand is what's it got to do with personal feelings? It should weigh in the evidence. Jodi had NO mitigating circumstances. Jodi was not abused as a child (most of us got the wooden spoon as youngsters), she was never abused by any man she dated. What are they talking about? The fact that she can draw? The fact that she considers herself to be a photographer. Those are not mitigating circumstances.

Travis did not abuse Jodi in any way, he made it perfectly clear that he didn't want to marry her and Jodi wasn't going to let it rest at that. If she couldn't have him no one else was.

The manner in which she murdered Travis, the fact that she premeditated the murder. The fact that she lied over and over again. The fact that she still has not taken responsibility for the murder itself. The fact that she shows no remorse for cutting Travis to pieces. Should all out weigh the biggest of any mitigating circumstances that Jodi may think she has.

I personally don't care whether she gets LWOP or the DS, as long as she never walks a free woman again. But the way this jury decided the punishment is ridiculous. If they didn't want to sign their name to kill her, than vote LWOP and end this madness already. The way they did it will leave an open door for Jodi with a slick lawyer. If she ends up getting 25 years it will be the fault of this jury.

They did everything right from the start, how can you not decide on her punishment? How could they have more feelings for Jodi than for Travis and his family? Didn't they take into consideration what this was going to do to Travis' family have to keep this thing going on and on. That's cruel, just as cruel as the murder itself, because they have to keep reliving it over and over again.

That foreman didn't do his job right, he was too much into himself and thinking he was the boss and if things didn't go his way it wasn't going to go any way at all. He was on a power trip just like Jodi, maybe that's why he was able to relate to her.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Mon May 27, 2013 11:32 am

I wonder if they ever took into consideration that Jodi was claiming "self defense" and not that she is a painter or a photographer. Not one thing came up as to a self defense claim. She stabs a man 29 times, slits his throat and shoots him once, and she ONLY remembers shooting him once and with a gun that she claims was in the house when if fact she stole it from her grandfathers house. I wonder if that jury took any of that into consideration, when NOT reaching a punishment.

Totally ridiculous.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Belle Mon May 27, 2013 12:45 pm

I have watched the clips of this foreman too many times and it makes me sick to think that he felt a few insults from Travis to Jodi for something she did that was so hurtful that it resembled the pain of losing his father, you know we are never gonna hear what the hell she did to anger Travis to that degree, that bish is licking her chops and singing songs, this foreman BZ, must of (did lie) lied on his jury form, dont be suprised if we see a pen pal relationship later between these two a$$holes. I cant stand to listen to this idiot anymore, what crap, and yeah moron, Juan is a tough prosecutor, thats his job, obviously BZ couldnt do his. Im sorry for venting, now Im gonna light candles for our dead soldiers and my daughter and focus on these brave folks that did do their job to the very end. God Bless you friends. (kids out for summer, gonna be in the 100's this week) enjoy your day, you are dear to me. Jodi Arias #4 - Page 31 1089331458
Nell Belle
Nell Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Tue May 28, 2013 2:48 am

Anderson Cooper 360|May 27, 2013

Hear Marilou Allen-Coogan talk about her experience as a juror who voted for the death penalty in the Jodi Arias case.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 am

I just hope and pray that they don't try to make a plea deal with Jodi. I know that's what she is hoping for.

What I don't understand is why the judge can't just go ahead and give Jodi LWOP and call it a day. Jodi has already been found guilty of premeditated murder and in a cruel manner, what more do they need?

If another jury is called in and they too can't decide life or death than what happens? That's what I'm afraid of. This murderer may end being given a shorter sentence if the state doesn't want to go the cost.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Ray Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 am

Gizmo711 wrote:I just hope and pray that they don't try to make a plea deal with Jodi. I know that's what she is hoping for.

What I don't understand is why the judge can't just go ahead and give Jodi LWOP and call it a day. Jodi has already been found guilty of premeditated murder and in a cruel manner, what more do they need?

If another jury is called in and they too can't decide life or death than what happens? That's what I'm afraid of. This murderer may end being given a shorter sentence if the state doesn't want to go the cost.

There seems to be a lot of confusing information out there. I thought I cleared this up earlier but I'll try again.

The judge can't step in and impose a LWOP sentence yet. First the state must decide if they want to convene a new jury and try to get a unanimous verdict for death. The state has that right under Arizona law and the judge can't take that away from them. If the state elects not to go that route, then the sentencing is decided by the judge. Even if a plea deal is reached with Jodi, the judge must approve it.

If a new jury is also deadlocked then it's as if the state elected not to convene a new jury...the case would go back to the judge and she would decide sentencing herself.

Did that clear up all your questions? Do you have any more?
Sea Ray
Sea Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next